Classes of 2008 and 2009

Not much going on here in AJ. It's too hot to do anything. 108 tomorrow - whoopee!! We did watch the solar eclipse tonight which was really neat. We see the surgeon on Tuesday and we're hoping he'll give us permission to leave town the following week. Jim figures he'll be good to go by then and we can take our time getting to Montana.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not much going on here in AJ. It's too hot to do anything. 108 tomorrow - whoopee!! We did watch the solar eclipse tonight which was really neat. We see the surgeon on Tuesday and we're hoping he'll give us permission to leave town the following week. Jim figures he'll be good to go by then and we can take our time getting to Montana.

Tell that surgeon that if he don't turn you loose I'll sic my 110 lb Great Grand Niece on him. She's a real go getter and she can make grown men get down on there knees and beg.

My GG Niece fixed a Pork Loin for us on the grill with Grilled Asparagus and boy way it super. She had to go back to Columbia today to work. She is a Catering business manager and has to get next weekend's parties organized and the crews ready to pull them off. She has a bunch of funny stories about things that happen at wedding parties. We laughed all the time she was here. She promised me a Pork Crown Roast the next time I come to Charleston. Yummy.

I'll be leaving here Thursday Morning and heading up the mountain to my old home. The weather has been fairly cool and comfortable here but a little on the wet side. It's starting on a warming trend so I'll be getting out of here just in time.

I must go now, someone has to warn those fish that Jim is on his way.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Jim is healing. Still has a lot of pain and has to sleep in the recliner because he can't lay down. But each day is a little bit better. Sure hope he feels up to grilling me a steak tonight. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Wow, that's great great news!! We're now up in Jackson, enjoying some stormy weather :(. Down in Moab we hiked non-stop until the temps were getting hot, then left for cooler climates. And now we're heading up to our summer gig in Glacier NP. We'll be there from June 5th until probably mid-September.

Dave and Nancy

99 Foretravel U270 36'

02 Subaru WRX 14'

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/roundfeet/

Wow, that's great great news!! We're now up in Jackson, enjoying some stormy weather :(. Down in Moab we hiked non-stop until the temps were getting hot, then left for cooler climates. And now we're heading up to our summer gig in Glacier NP. We'll be there from June 5th until probably mid-September.

Hopefully we'll get to see you guys there. We have a kid and family in Kalispell that we want to come up and visit. And we are out of here - next week. All Jim's doctors down here have kicked us out and told us not to come back until September. I am so excited about getting out of this heat and getting back on the road. We'll take our time getting back to Montana for the wedding. Can't wear Jim out too much you know.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

We are doing the opposite side of the country! Think we got this all covered! Right now we're having some excellent weather here in NE. if the wind would just go away. It's been great today, but the dust blowing here most days reminds me of AZ! Glad to hear you got your tire fixed. I got new computer this week and we are tons busy running with kids and grands and I can't hardly get a breath! We'll head back west shortly after the 1st of the month. It's been a nice break. My class reunion is next Sat. Got Danny a Kindle Fire when I got computer and I don't hear a word out of him much...he did look up and say to tell ya Hi! Enjoy! Miss you guys!

I've got a Kindle fire too, so we can get "fired up". :lol: Better not leave him unsupervised on that thing too long, you know you can order golf clubs and things on there!!!! :rolleyes: Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Glad to see you guys post, I was beginning to think you fell off the end of the earth or something. Hmmmmm aliens? nope they'd throw you back. :o We spent a couple of weeks in Browning last year and had a lot of fun exploring Glacier. Put the little boat in and toured a couple of the lakes. What a beautiful place! Steve

Edited by Steved44

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Hopefully we'll get to see you guys there. We have a kid and family in Kalispell that we want to come up and visit. And we are out of here - next week. All Jim's doctors down here have kicked us out and told us not to come back until September. I am so excited about getting out of this heat and getting back on the road. We'll take our time getting back to Montana for the wedding. Can't wear Jim out too much you know.

So glad to hear. On the road again.....

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Jim & Sandie, glad to hear you got the OK to travel. That will be nice to get somewhere cool. We are getting a little too warm here in Oklahoma, and we are still going to be here for another month.

We did make a deal with the owner of this mobile home park for a home base! He is putting in two RV spaces up on a hill to the West of the mobile home park and is letting us have one of them on a yearly basis. He will charge us the same amount that he's charging us now, whenever we are using the space, and when we aren't there he will charge us 1/2. He will also handle the electric so we won't have to contract separately with the electric company like we are doing now. Has a nice pond up there and it's shaded from the West so the evening sun will not be an issue. This will work out fine as long as our son is still living in the area. There will be two spaces, and he let me have my choice. The other will be a 5th wheel belonging to a supervisor on the Oklahoma to Houston pipeline project. All and all it's a pretty good deal. Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Oops,double post :o

Edited by Steved44

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

We did make a deal with the owner of this mobile home park for a home base!

I like the idea of a homebase too and especially one close to where home would be if we actually had one that didn't move. :D

I don't need it fancy anymore but just there. Good deal for you!

IYQ --- I believe you said you had a Wilson Soho amplifier. If so, which one do you have? Is it the AG 60? I'm thinking that's better than just the wireless one. Thanks!!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Jim and Sandie, I KNOW you will be glad to leave AZ,but don't go too far! Saw it SNOWING in the Billings area!!! Be careful, and don't go from one extreme to the other! Love Kalispell, so have some huckleberry ice cream for me!

Will still be here in Denver until June 17th.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

Yeah, Carol, we were in Kalispell last year too, and had to suffer through the hot huckleberry pie with the vanilla ice cream on top. Tough duty! B)

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

After high winds and smoke from the Az. fires yesterday we woke up to 33' this morning. The sky is clear and no smoke, the lake is glassey, we are expecting a great day at Vallecito Lake... The campground is about half full, we were looking for a lot more campers over the holiday, dont know if it's the weather or the economy.

Hope everyone is doing good and as blessed as we are. Hugs to all!!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

After high winds and smoke from the Az. fires yesterday we woke up to 33' this morning. The sky is clear and no smoke, the lake is glassey, we are expecting a great day at Vallecito Lake... The campground is about half full, we were looking for a lot more campers over the holiday, dont know if it's the weather or the economy.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

I bet the high winds we've been having changed a lot of people's minds about getting out on the road. I was sure glad we hadn't planned on pulling out cause we wouldn't have gone anywhere. Hugs to you guys.

Sorry Carol A and Steve - we are not huckleberry fans. It's okay but we'll leave it for you guys.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Hi Freddy and Delcie,

Our park was chock full on our long weekend, which is one weekend before yours. We even had people in overflow. This week we were about 1/3 full but the closer we get to school finishing up the busier it will get. You know - old folks like us who want to camp before the half-humans fill the park with their rancorous screaming and wild parties.

{{{Hugs}}}

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

We helped get another niece married off this weekend. They fed us both Friday night and Saturday noon. Nice! The couple left today to go camping in the UP. I think they may be candidates for RVing many years from now.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I was sure that I had moved our peg on the class map. Sorry - we have been here a month already.

Anyone heading this way, remember this we are not that far from the border so don't worry too much about the gas prices. Ours are coming down too.

We would love to see you.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

I was sure that I had moved our peg on the class map. Sorry - we have been here a month already.

Anyone heading this way, remember this we are not that far from the border so don't worry too much about the gas prices. Ours are coming down too.

We're still i California and headed that way, may be couple of months though. Going to start moving again next Monday up the coast we go. Starting in Pismo Beach. It'll be great to see you guys again. :)

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Well my peg seems pretty well stuck here on the Island. :rolleyes: I'm not all that far from you guys either. :lol: Probably going to do some short trips this summer, but most will be so short I won't bother moving the pin. Figuring that when it comes time to head south once again that thing will have taken root and be impossible to move. :P

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I'm almost afraid to try and move our peg but I'll give it the old college try. We are in Flagstaff tonight, finally. Had some problems with the boat trailer brake plug but we finally got out of town. Going to get really hot down there the end of the week so I'm glad we're gone.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

We're still i California and headed that way, may be couple of months though. Going to start moving again next Monday up the coast we go. Starting in Pismo Beach. It'll be great to see you guys again. :)

Tina and Jeff

It will be wonderful to see you guys too. And you too Joe. I know you will love it here. As you get closer let us know and we will get you the site next to ours.

{{{{hugs}}}

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Sounds like you have a great place to be for the summer. We're headed up your way - the long way...after visiting the coast of Oregon and Washington.... we have Res. in Kalispell at Rocky Mountain Hi for the whole month of August... will be up in the park several times I imagine...where are you working? Maybe we can stop by and say "hi!" while we're there at least!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

We've been really busy and now my Reunion and Memorial Weekend is over....we are winding down and starting to pack things up here again. We will be leaving on Monday heading back to Nevada and then on north on the 16th.Still trying to get used to this new computer. It's not the same! Yay Jim and Sandie. Glad you're on the move once more. I'm ready to move out and move on and see some sights. Glad we get to go back through the Rockies again. They were really beautiful the day we came from the west. I'll try to be better now with reading and posts. Miss all you guys... hope you're all gonna have a great summer. B)

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Sounds like you have a great place to be for the summer. We're headed up your way - the long way...after visiting the coast of Oregon and Washington.... we have Res. in Kalispell at Rocky Mountain Hi for the whole month of August... will be up in the park several times I imagine...where are you working? Maybe we can stop by and say "hi!" while we're there at least!

We'll be at Johnson's of St. Mary http://www.johnsonsofstmary.com/ . Do stop by! Hope to see you! And we'll be getting to Kalispell once or twice a month, I would guess. Not many stores on the east side of Glacier...

Dave and Nancy

99 Foretravel U270 36'

02 Subaru WRX 14'

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/roundfeet/