Classes of 2008 and 2009

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Echo bay at lake mead has a dump astation etc

Thank you for your help finding this place Sue and Paul. We are along the fence at the wild life preserve. All by ourselves, well sort of. Two other Canadians down the road.

This is a great area, nothing like I thought. The little town of Overton is green and pretty and seems to have a little of everything. Maybe a dump? But yes I see Echo Bay has a dump.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Steve your story does my heart good after trying all day to get the docking software for the Rand McNally RV GPS to download it's updates. There were 16 files to down load and after a few choice words and about an hour I finally got 15 of them downloaded but the last one refused to download. I played with it all day and still don't have the last file and it won't transfer the other 15 files to the device without the last one. It take about a half hour to just get the software visable on the screen then you click for the downloads and it messes around for about 45 minutes then tells me the download failed and to try again later. This went on all day it is now 7:15 PM and I'm trying for the last time. I'll bet it doesn't get the download. I won't be able to try again tomorrow because I'll be getting ready to leave this park and go to Roswell, NM and Bottomless Lake State Park to set up again. Your troubles with the hookups at least turned my long face into a chuckle. Thanks

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Well Here I am in Roswell, NM and I haven't be abducted by any UFO as of now. I'm at Bottomless Lakes State Park. It's not the best park in the system but it will do for a while. They don't have any Non electric or Basic sites that are long enough to get an RV much bigger than a class B into. So, I'm living upscale with electric and water. It cost me $4 per night extra. With that cost and nobody around I can bum a spaghetti dinner off from I don't know if I can afford such extravagance. I guess I'll have to cut back on the cranberry juice. The phone signal is pretty weak out here but I seem to be getting this post done OK. Time will tell. I think I burned enough gas driving around hunting for a space in this park that I could have gone on my way and paid for a commercial park and came out ahead. This Bottomless Lakes business is a series of sink holes that are full of water. The one here at the RV campground is the largest and could classify as a small lake and has the name "Lea Lake". I've paid for a week of extravagance so I'll be here until next Monday. After I leave here free camping is few and far between so I'll have to break down and cough up the 30+ clams to stay in commercial corts which don't bother me as much as the being stacked in like cord wood. It kind looks like I'll have to put in a 400 mile day when I leave here just to find a place to park this thing. Maybe I'll get lucky and stumble across something on my way. I'm taking US 380 across Texas until I get to I-30 at Greemville. I miss a lot of big cities that way but run short on RV parks. I like the Red and Blue roads. I see a lot more and it's much less stressful.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Thank you for your help finding this place Sue and Paul. We are along the fence at the wild life preserve. All by ourselves, well sort of. Two other Canadians down the road.

This is a great area, nothing like I thought. The little town of Overton is green and pretty and seems to have a little of everything. Maybe a dump? But yes I see Echo Bay has a dump.

Apparently Echo Bay is closed. We have been told that if we ask nicely at the RV park in town, and they are not full, they will let you use a sewer hook up to dump, for a fee of course.

It has been hotter than Hades here. Terribly uncomfortable. We are going to drive over to Valley of Fire tomorrow and will probably leave on Friday. I understand wind is coming this way. And much cooler weather. Next will be Ely, Twin Falls, Baker City, Yakima etc.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

1334031423[/url]' post='536904']

Apparently Echo Bay is closed. We have been told that if we ask nicely at the RV park in town, and they are not full, they will let you use a sewer hook up to dump

well, thats weird- they were open when we were there a week or so ago, but they might be closed now due to construction.Valley of Fire also has a dump station near the campgrounds. Day use fee is $10, if you decide to drive over there.

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

I seem to be able to get online with my data card but my phone don't get out. I've tried several calls since I've been here and none of them connect. No ring tone or anything. I did get a beep beep beep that told me a Voicemail was waiting but I couldn't call *86 to hear it. So I was a little bored anyway and jumped in the truck and headed to Roswell. I was able to get the Voice mail there. I was also able to get a very good club sandwich and some Ice Tea. I filled up my belly and the gas tank on the truck and came back to the campground. Going East or West on US 380 there are no businesses based on UFO's or Aliens. going North or South on US 285 every other business seems to have UFO or Alien in it's name. I did manage to get out of town before they abducted me though.Which is beginning to worry me. Maybe THEY don't even want me. This park has a very nice beach and swimming area on one of the sink holes (Lea Lake) I haven't seen anybody swimming yet. Maybe it's too cold, but it hit 94 today (air temperature 12' above ground level or 90.6 in the shade under my trailer. That should have warmed that water up a degree or two. The water is very clear and there are many small fish in it but no fishing. There may be a couple of grand daddies down there in the depths that I couldn't see. I'll have to get Jim to sneek in here and find out.

Edited by IYQ

There may be a couple of grand daddies down there in the depths that I couldn't see. I'll have to get Jim to sneek in here and find out.

The fish out on Saguaro are keeping Jim so busy he may not have time to run over your way. It's been warm here but supposed to cool down starting tomorrow which is nice. But then it's going to get down into the low 70's and that's almost too cold. I want those 80's.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

well, thats weird- they were open when we were there a week or so ago, but they might be closed now due to construction.Valley of Fire also has a dump station near the campgrounds. Day use fee is $10, if you decide to drive over there.

Sue

They really don't seem to know what's going on in this sleepy little town. We were directed to the laundramat - it's obviously been closed for months, maybe years. We're told about the "big fair" coming this weekend and how we aren't going to be able to get outta town. Turns out it's in Logandale, next town over.

Anyhow, we are going to go into Robbin's RV park in Overton tomorrow morning. Able to dump, fill and do laundry. Nice people and $20 for the night. If they have a space what with the big fair.

Thanks for all your help.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

I started the morning out all ready to do a few fix it choirs. I noticed that a screw in my slide was digging a slot into the aluminum corner rail around the slid opening. So I got the ladder out and up I go to see what's what. I find the screw is a slelf tapping screw and because of the slid topper end brackets being installed over the screw I can't get at it with a screw driver. So I open the back of the truck to get a 1/4 inch wrench and find that the gas struts that hold the big back door up and open are shot and won't hold anything up. I fish around and find a prop to prop it open. back up the ladder to work on the screw. I got it out but had to force it past the topper bracket. I got my handy dandy Dremel tool out and ground off the seft tapping point and fiddled around dropping it about 4 times trying to get it back in the hole. I finally made it. Feeling so proud of myself I said I'll do the other end. I moved the ladder and climbed up there to look see. The bracket on that end is directly over the screw and up tight to it. So down I go to get an extension cord and my Dremel tool. I hook it up and up the ladder again and ground the point off by holding the rubber seal back with one hand while grinding with the other. It Worked. Good. While up there I noticed that when I had the solar panels moved, there was a place where a bubble caused about a 1/4 inch open in the dicor seal around the panel foot. Now comes the fun part. I took half the stuff out of my truck looking for my caulking gun. Not there. I searched every storage compartment in the trailer. No caulking gun. I get my grabber out to move some stuff way back in the truck so I can see under it. A screw came out of the crabber and dropped the screw and the suction pad way back in the truck where I couldn't reach it. I start pulling stuff out of the truck and finally got to where I could get the pad and screw. I tried to put the grabber back together and noticed the screw had broken the plastic ring that holds the suction cup on. I get out the Goop and glue it back together. I doubt if it will last more than one grab. By this time I'm beat and it starts to rain. I hurry and toss everything back in the truck any old way it happened to hit. Oh Well, I know I'll have something to do tomorrow taking it all back out and putting it back neatly.

Hey, Lee, I didn't mean you had to give me a chuckle in return. :lol: Some days just seem to work out like that no matter what we do to avoid them. At least you noticed the problem before any more damage was done. I did manage to replace the fuel filter on my generator, and now it starts fine. You just have to get up early to keep these machines under control. ;)

Linda, sounds like you've got your new rig under way. Congratulations!

Jim, don't catch all those fish, I may want to try to catch some of them next winter. :P

Tomorrow I have to go in for a little oral surgery. whine! Don't know why these teeth won't last a lifetime. I'm going to have 3 implants put in, but it takes quite a few months for the whole process. Don't really look foreword to it, but maybe it will be better in the long run. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

My new van has been officially ordered with a mid-July due date. Then several weeks for the conversion. THEN!!!

Linda Sand

We'll definitely be looking forward to seeing some pictures. And then you next winter.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

The wind was whipping it up a bit today with 28 MPH gusts and 20 MPH average. Not a good day to sit outside and carve so I went to Roswell and bought a new Caulking gun and some other stuff. Now If I can find just the right place to store this gun so I'll be able to find it again I'll probably find my old gun there. Every thing I put in just the right place for it, seems to come up missing. If the wind minds it's own business tomorrow I'll get up on the roof and fix that bad dicor seal I saw when I was up there yesterday. And put the back of my truck back in order. Well, sort of in order anyway. The gal who is one of the hosts here was talking to me today and when I told her I'd gone to town just to have something to do she told me there was a very good Italian Restaurant in Haggerman just down the road. I think my reputation from the slabs has been getting around because I hadn't mentioned anything about liking Italian Restaurants or going out for dinner. I guess I'll have to ask here out before I leave just to keep my reputation going. Yesterday I worked all day long and only acomplished grinding the point off from two screws. Tomorrow I wonder how long it will take me to patch a 1/4 inch hole in the caulking. Maybe I'd better allow 2 days.

Now If I can find just the right place to store this gun so I'll be able to find it again I'll probably find my old gun there. Every thing I put in just the right place for it, seems to come up missing.

Here's a trick I learned about stashing stuff. Instead of asking, "Where should I put this?" ask "Where would I look for this?" It's a different mindset but it seems to work. I had friends and family say they loved the kitchen in our house because they always found things where they looked for them.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Guest coldsmoke

met up with jeff and tina in vegas, went to dinner , sat around and told lies about all of you.. well some lies.

they came over yesterday when we were loading up to leave and helped me load the beast on the beastly trailer. many thanks jeff and tina.

we be in salt lake today, watching tha rain, snow wind and cold.. loving it

well i am,, deb keeps giving me these weird looks, i swear a dagger flew past my head once.

smokey is loving it.

stay safe my friends

mike and deb and smokey

met up with jeff and tina in vegas, went to dinner , sat around and told lies about all of you.. well some lies.

they came over yesterday when we were loading up to leave and helped me load the beast on the beastly trailer. many thanks jeff and tina.

we be in salt lake today, watching tha rain, snow wind and cold.. loving it

well i am,, deb keeps giving me these weird looks, i swear a dagger flew past my head once.

smokey is loving it.

stay safe my friends

mike and deb and smokey

I certainly understand the weird looks especially if you're going to drag her into snow, wind and cold. :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Here's a trick I learned about stashing stuff. Instead of asking, "Where should I put this?" ask "Where would I look for this?" It's a different mindset but it seems to work. I had friends and family say they loved the kitchen in our house because they always found things where they looked for them.

Linda Sand

Good idea Linda. We usually say - Gozundadabed- (say it slowly)

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Just wanted to let all of you know that Jim and I are going to be in AJ for awhile longer than planned. We found out Jim has lung cancer and is going to need surgery. We don't have a date yet for the surgery but hopefully it will be within the next two weeks. Then we'll find out if he needs any additional chemo or radiation. Several people here in our park aren't leaving until the end of May so we are surrounded by people who will take care of us if we need help. Sure is a good feeling.

I'll let you know when we find out something more.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Guest coldsmoke

Just wanted to let all of you know that Jim and I are going to be in AJ for awhile longer than planned. We found out Jim has lung cancer and is going to need surgery. We don't have a date yet for the surgery but hopefully it will be within the next two weeks. Then we'll find out if he needs any additional chemo or radiation. Several people here in our park aren't leaving until the end of May so we are surrounded by people who will take care of us if we need help. Sure is a good feeling.

praying all goes well for you buddy !!!

mike and deb

Well, let's get all this bad stuff finished up this year so you two can go back to wandering. I will be praying for a fast and complete recovery.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

Jim I know if anyone can beat it you can. My prayers are with you.

It was a nice morning. Very little wind and sunny, I sat outside and carved for a couple of hours. Then I got energetic and re-caulked the mounting brackets on the solar panels. After that I took the junk back out of the truck and put it all back in an organized chaos sort of way. (It was just chaos). I'll probably mess it all up again on the bumpy road getting out to the highway. This after noon the wind came up again so I tryied to take a Steve but I really wasn't sleepy so I just played like a rock an laid there for a while. I took a lot of short walks this afternoon but that's about it. Now my mind is on leaving here Monday and heading down the road. I'll probably stop at Post, Tx Monday night but I won't stay long it's one of those high priced RV Parks.

Jim and Sandie,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you! Hope it's just another hiccup and you can be back on the road. Take care and let us know how it goes!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08