Classes of 2008 and 2009

Well, I did get the shower stall scrubbed but then I got lazy. I had plannned on washing clothes this morning but after taking a walk I decided I deserved a break and went to Warner Robins just to see what was up there. Lot's of good restaurants for one thing. I stopped at a Well Fargo Bank on my way back a deposited a small check the Escapee's Mail Service sent me for the unused portion of my contract with them. Then I bounced over to Publics Super Market to pick up a few item and came on home. That pretty much wasted the day. It's been rather dry today and only got up to 87 degrees. A very comfortable day and the AC got a big rest. As soon as the sun goes down I'll take another walk then call it a day.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I did get the shower stall scrubbed but then I got lazy. I had plannned on washing clothes this morning but after taking a walk I decided I deserved a break and went to Warner Robins just to see what was up there. Lot's of good restaurants for one thing. I stopped at a Well Fargo Bank on my way back a deposited a small check the Escapee's Mail Service sent me for the unused portion of my contract with them. Then I bounced over to Publics Super Market to pick up a few item and came on home. That pretty much wasted the day. It's been rather dry today and only got up to 87 degrees. A very comfortable day and the AC got a big rest. As soon as the sun goes down I'll take another walk then call it a day.

If you need anything at all for your rig...check there with Mid States RV....they were awesome to work with, we had the coach painted there and they worked on our generator last summer! They were very good to us!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

I got the rest of the laundry done this morning then decided to drive over to Lowes Home inprovemt and get some Terro to attact these sugar ants that have invaded me. I put some of the bait out and within seconds I had a million tiny sugar ants after it. If you ever have an ant problem try the Terro Liquid it works great. It calls the ants ( it says "here ant, Here ant") and they eat it and carry it down in the hole for the colony to eat. Then it wipes out the whole colony. The active ingredient is Borax so it's not harmful to pets or humans. If you can find the ant trail going to your rig follow it back to the ant hole and put a few baits there. The column of ant that was heading for your rig will stop heading your way and work on the terro that is right close to their home. If you play the flute really good you may be able to lead them to the sea. Was chilly this morning but today warmed up a little more than yesterday. But it was still comfortable outside.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Really worked today and am about dead now. I just about completed the Spring Cleaning project. I did the bedroom and the dinette area today. I should get about 10 more miles per gallon on fuel after getting rid of all the dirt and crap that has collected in corners over the winter. I still have a couple of cupboards to do and the area of the slide that the piano is in. But I'll take a few days off before I tackle that.

Was overcast today and not too hot. I'm sure glad of that.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you gorgeous women out there.

Jim is healing. Still has a lot of pain and has to sleep in the recliner because he can't lay down. But each day is a little bit better. Sure hope he feels up to grilling me a steak tonight. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you gorgeous women out there.

Jim is healing. Still has a lot of pain and has to sleep in the recliner because he can't lay down. But each day is a little bit better. Sure hope he feels up to grilling me a steak tonight. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY FRIENDS.

So far I've heard from 1 of 6 children but it's early yet.

Hang in there Jim.

{{Hugs}}

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Happy Mother's Day to all our Mothers.

Hey if any of you guys are heading this way please bring a Sky Patch Kit. The Sky is leaking something terrible around here and I can't find a SKY Patch Kit anywhere. The good news is that all the ants that declared residency in my trailer are gone. I don't know if it was the Terro I put out for them that got them or maybe they all drowned. Today I'm still a little sore from all the work yesterday so I'm practicing the fine art of doing nothing today. I'm sitting here looking out the window watching it drizzle.

Last night a small Class C pulled in beside me. I watched him drag everything out of a compartment and hookup all the hoses and stuff. It looked like he was just an over-nighter so I was thinking to my self. Why are you hooking up the sewer and water. You shouldn't open the gate on the sewer unless you have the black tank at least 3/4 full to avoid clogs and buildup on the bottom of the tank with solids. And he can't possible fill the black tank over night. So why hook up and subject the sewer hose to all the sunshine which makes it brittle and shortens it's life. And why cause yourself all the trouble of having to put the stuff all away again if you're leaving in the morning. The same could be said about the water hose except the reasons are different. If you use the water from your fresh water tank it never becomes putrid because you're always flushing it with new clorinated water. So it always tastes fresh. (note: it's still a good idea to sanitize the FW tank once a year.) Well this morning he was out there in the rain trying to put all that stuff away. There was a mud puddle about 2 inches deep right under his sewer hose connection. He finally just gathered up every thing in a tangled bundle and stuffed it in a compartment mud and all. Of course, one could write a blog with all the tips about why you should or shouldn't do things but the average RV'er never reads that sort of stuff and the one's that do read that type of stuff already know why from experience. Oh Well, It does provide some entertainment for me to watch them. It's better than TV. (The only time I hook up water and sewer is when I'm either filling the FW tank or emptying the holding tanks. Then I put the hoses away again till next time. Which averages about every two weeks.) It saves a lot of work and avoids a lot of mis-haps.

T'was a little on the warm side today so I turned on the AC and finished the Spring Cleaning except for two cupboards and I can get those anytime. This evening I treated myself to dinner at Cheddar's. Very Good. I had Chicken DiJon with mushrooms and a glass of Cranberry Juice. Now all I want to do is sleep. I got new neighbors. They did the setup routine like everyone else complete with rugs and yard orniments. But, at least they are staying for a while. They look to be construction workers judging from some of the stuff in their truck. They left in the truck before daylight this morning and didn't return untill after I came back from dinner. I have two more days here then I'll hit the road and complete my journey to Charleston. SC. After Charleston I'll go up to my old home in the NC Mtns for a while then head back west.

Didn't do much of anything today. Just enjoyed the day as it was. It did get a little warm but not too bad. I went back to Cheddar's for a Half Rack of Baby Back Rigs this evening. I had to get the truck filled with gas and that's about as good of an excuse I can come up with for going out two nights in a row. I got a neighbor on the other side of me tonigh. He's an over-nighter and went through the hookup routine like all the rest. It just doesn't make sense.

Hey Lee - maybe your overnighter needed the practice of hooking and unhooking. Which would be a good thing for some people.

Saw the oncologist yesterday and we don't have to see him again until September. Yippee! That means the surgeon got all of the cancer and we don't have to do any chemo. So happy. We are hoping to leave here June 7, depending on how good Jim is feeling by them. (He'd better feel really good because I want out of here.) Not sure I'll remember how to move my marker or even how to get ready to hook up it's been so long.

Several fires already burning down here in AZ. 106 yesterday and in the hundreds for the foreseeable future. Could really be a long long summer for firefighters.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Saw the oncologist yesterday and we don't have to see him again until September. Yippee! That means the surgeon got all of the cancer and we don't have to do any chemo. So happy. We are hoping to leave here June 7, depending on how good Jim is feeling by them. (He'd better feel really good because I want out of here.) Not sure I'll remember how to move my marker or even how to get ready to hook up it's been so long.

Yea that's great news! I'm sure moving your pin and getting hooked up will come back to you real quick, like riding a bicycle. Still thinking of you and Jim. :rolleyes:

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Several fires already burning down here in AZ. 106 yesterday and in the hundreds for the foreseeable future. Could really be a long long summer for firefighters.

That's wonderful news. The less time spent around doctors the better....biggrin.gif

Those fires in Arizona are bad. They really have their hands full. I spent last summer dodging the fires and smoke in New Mexico. I think most of the state burned. I hope Arizona doesn't have that type of summer this year.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

That's sure a good report, Jim. Looks like those northern fish had better be on the lookout!

Summer is inching into Oklahoma. All this week, high of 91 low of 60 and sunny. Not much of a storm season so far, but it's not over yet. :rolleyes: Once I got the satellite (for internet) repaired, we like our little "home away from home". The people that own this park are adding 2 more RV slots up on the hill and he said he would make us a special deal for an annual rate. He's just charging us 150 a month now, so his offer could be interesting, especially since our son still lives near here. After all it is right in the middle of the country. ;)

We plan on pulling out of here about June 22, to head to the North East. My 50th high school reunion is in Chateaugay, New York (find that one), on July 13th and after that we will wander around in Vermont, Maine and places like that. Probably try to catch the fall colors before heading down the East coast. Jello plans anyway.

Just heard from Mike and Julie, and they are in a pub in Ireland. I think it's time to invest in Guinness stock! :lol:

I made a little outboard motor holder for the receiver hitch on the pickup. I was having trouble working on the motor because of no place to put it, except for maybe leaning in on a tree. This holder attaches to the receiver and extends out far enough to let me put the tailgate down (so I can set tools on it). It also adjusts up and down so I can run the motor in a bucket if I need to. Works pretty good, i may have to patent it B) Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Hey Lee - maybe your overnighter needed the practice of hooking and unhooking. Which would be a good thing for some people.

Doing my happy dance. Jim - you are my hero! I hope none of us ever have to go through what you have but if we do we hope we do as well as you have.

As Freddy says - LIFE IS GOOD!

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

May 10 until May 29 at Buckley AFBin Aurora east of Denver, CO. Just slowing down to pass some time and explore the area. Met up with good friends again plus took care of some buisiness. Then got a really bad case of food poisioning. Then Doug got a mild case. We both are still recovering. NOT a fun thing when you are here to have fun!!! At least we are here for a while so have time to do the things we want to do. We have a beautiful view of the Rockies with the snow on top from our site. But Denver is CRAZY! It is so spread out and traffic is horrible, even at night! Plus there is just loads of road construction going on, so our outings will try and be around the downtown areas. The drive up over the Rockies getting here was a beautiful drive! Hope to see more of them while here. We were just at the Nat. Park in Sept. so won't go that far unless we make a stop near Estes Park on our way to Cheyenne, WY.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

Well, I'm all hooked up and ready to roll first thing in the morning. This is the last leg of this journey to my Niece's place. I got another new neighbor on my door side tonight and I'm sure glad I'm leaving in the morning. It's an old Class A and he came in running his generator which has no muffler and backfires every few seconds. I'm sure glad he has an electric hookup and won't be running that all night. My Neighbor on the other side that I think may be a construction worker has 3 dogs. One very large, one a small medium and a puppy. He and his wife leave every morning at 5:45 AM and leave the dogs shut up in the trailer. They don't get back to the trailer untill 6:00PM. That's 12hours and 15 minutes. The large dog barks about every 10 to 15 seconds. Not loud just a "woof" then he waits and listens to see if anyone will come and attend to him. I feel like going over there and letting them out to run free but know better. The barking isn't that annoying but it's depressing knowing the dogs are suffering being lock in a small trailer for 12 hours at a time. Oh Well, I guess I've become a grouchy old man.

I'm finally in Charleston, SC and waiting for my Niece to come over to the campground and chat for a while. The traffic was thick all the way today. I guess it's just because I was getting closer to the coast. I also had rain about half the day which didn't make matters any better. The campground is very nice but at $40 a night after adding on all the taxes, it ain't that nice. I don't have any neighbors on this street as yet but I'll bet it will be full by Memorial

Day Weekend. The No Neighbors suits me fine after my last batch of neighbors. I'll probably have nightmares about them.

We certainly are enjoying some beautiful sunshine in the Pacific Northwest but haven't had a lot of time to sit outside and soak it up. My 93 year old aunt broke her hip and I've been driving into Vancouver every day to help with her. Both her sons live in California but they are jerks. We've been busy, busy people. The good thing is that Justin is flying in tonight and we're excited. Things are good ... and, I love being here even though we're very busy bees. :)

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Awoke this morning to a beep beep! :angry: Turns out I had a flat tire on the truck. Hmmmmmm Pressure pro system works anyway. Luckily I could start the bus and air up the tire and drive to a repair place. Gone are the days that you have a gas station that fixes flats on every corner. Gone are the days that you have anyone on the corner who fixes flats. I had to drive quite a ways to find a tire store that would "get me in"! :o They probably are going to ship all the "tire fixers" to China too. :huh: Finally got it repaired and now the beeping has stopped. At least for a while. :D

They had a high school car wash near the tire place, so I got the truck washed out of the deal anyway. Now, what was I doing before all the beeping started??

Weather here today is warm. 86 and sunny, but the south wind is supposed to bring in some thunderstorms this afternoon and evening. Doesn't look like anything severe though.

One of my friends has a country band and we are going to do a little "two stepping" tonight. Woo! Hoo! Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I've talking up a storm with my niece for the last two days and tomorrow my Great Grand niece is coming in from

Columbia, SC to fix me a Pork Lion roast with grilled Asparagus. Yummy. By the time I get back to the campground I'm all talked out so I'll probably not post every night for a while. But don't worry I'll be smiling.

GREAT to hear Jim's home and recuperatiing -- hope you can get him something better for the pain!

We're glad to be gone from the heat -- back in Calif for family events (Petaluma last week for youngest niece graduation with RN & BS degree; next up, BIL becomes a new deacon grad, then we'll head east to visit Mom in OH,,, and the rest of the country east of the Mississippi).

Cheers, from sunny San Jose!

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

Hey, Don, we will be east of the mississippi too this year. Upstate NY/Maine in July, Aug, then down the east coast. Maybe we'll run into you somewhere along the way. Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Well, I'm all hooked up and ready to roll first thing in the morning. This is the last leg of this journey to my Niece's place. I got another new neighbor on my door side tonight and I'm sure glad I'm leaving in the morning. It's an old Class A and he came in running his generator which has no muffler and backfires every few seconds. I'm sure glad he has an electric hookup and won't be running that all night. My Neighbor on the other side that I think may be a construction worker has 3 dogs. One very large, one a small medium and a puppy. He and his wife leave every morning at 5:45 AM and leave the dogs shut up in the trailer. They don't get back to the trailer untill 6:00PM. That's 12hours and 15 minutes. The large dog barks about every 10 to 15 seconds. Not loud just a "woof" then he waits and listens to see if anyone will come and attend to him. I feel like going over there and letting them out to run free but know better. The barking isn't that annoying but it's depressing knowing the dogs are suffering being lock in a small trailer for 12 hours at a time. Oh Well, I guess I've become a grouchy old man.

No grouchy old man should put up with that! I'd be complaining big time! that's cruelty to animals and most parks won't put up with that at all!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

I've talking up a storm with my niece for the last two days and tomorrow my Great Grand niece is coming in from

Columbia, SC to fix me a Pork Lion roast with grilled Asparagus. Yummy. By the time I get back to the campground I'm all talked out so I'll probably not post every night for a while. But don't worry I'll be smiling.

Don't go too long...you need to give us something to think about or our brains will go stale!!!! :P

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Hey, Don, we will be east of the mississippi too this year. Upstate NY/Maine in July, Aug, then down the east coast. Maybe we'll run into you somewhere along the way. Steve

We are doing the opposite side of the country! Think we got this all covered! Right now we're having some excellent weather here in NE. if the wind would just go away. It's been great today, but the dust blowing here most days reminds me of AZ! Glad to hear you got your tire fixed. I got new computer this week and we are tons busy running with kids and grands and I can't hardly get a breath! We'll head back west shortly after the 1st of the month. It's been a nice break. My class reunion is next Sat. Got Danny a Kindle Fire when I got computer and I don't hear a word out of him much...he did look up and say to tell ya Hi! Enjoy! Miss you guys!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08