Classes of 2008 and 2009

Lee, it has to be your fault. You're the only one blasting around the place creating a vortex behind you!!! :rolleyes:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just wanted to let all of you know that Jim and I are going to be in AJ for awhile longer than planned. We found out Jim has lung cancer and is going to need surgery. We don't have a date yet for the surgery but hopefully it will be within the next two weeks. Then we'll find out if he needs any additional chemo or radiation. Several people here in our park aren't leaving until the end of May so we are surrounded by people who will take care of us if we need help. Sure is a good feeling.

I'll let you know when we find out something more.

So so sorry to hear that! You are in our prayers. Nancy's sister was diagnosed with lung cancer 2 years ago, caught early, had surgery, and didn't need chemo or radiation. She is doing fine now, and we affirm that Jim will have the same outcome.

Dave and Nancy

99 Foretravel U270 36'

02 Subaru WRX 14'

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/roundfeet/

Tonight finds me just northeast of Dallas at the COE Lavonia CG on Lake Lavon. Sort of right under Steve. (man is he heavy) This is a very nice CG but boy is the COE getting expensive. $15 using the Old Age Pass Port. That means they have to be charging $30 a night now. So far this is the most I've paid for a place to park since Last Summer when I went to Minnasota. I'd better start checking the price at COEs before I ask for a weeks worth of camping. These small town city parks are really easy on the pocket book. Most of them are free or free for the first night. And most of them have hookups. That's one reason I stay on the Red and Blue road as much as possible. Most are not listed in any of the books but you can find them on http://www.uscampgrounds.info/index1.html This campground is a huge place and Lake Lavon is a very large lake. Right now the place only has about 10 rigs in it but when I ask for a weeks rent there were only two spaces that were not reserved over the weekend. Everyone be safe and Steve don't through to pot out the window I'm right below you.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Tonight finds me just northeast of Dallas at the COE Lavonia CG on Lake Lavon. Sort of right under Steve. (man is he heavy) This is a very nice CG but boy is the COE getting expensive. $15 using the Old Age Pass Port. That means they have to be charging $30 a night now. So far this is the most I've paid for a place to park since Last Summer when I went to Minnasota. I'd better start checking the price at COEs before I ask for a weeks worth of camping. These small town city parks are really easy on the pocket book. Most of them are free or free for the first night. And most of them have hookups. That's one reason I stay on the Red and Blue road as much as possible. Most are not listed in any of the books but you can find them on http://www.uscampgro...nfo/index1.html This campground is a huge place and Lake Lavon is a very large lake. Right now the place only has about 10 rigs in it but when I ask for a weeks rent there were only two spaces that were not reserved over the weekend. Everyone be safe and Steve don't through to pot out the window I'm right below you.

One day I have to figure out how to make my own post.

We made it all the way to Walmart in Mount Vernon. Yippee. We found a great bypass and ended up just south of Marysville. Anyhow, it's my birthday and I see a Panda Express just over there>>>>>

So ta rah for now.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

We made it all the way to Walmart in Mount Vernon. Yippee. We found a great bypass and ended up just south of Marysville. Anyhow, it's my birthday and I see a Panda Express just over there>>>>>

So ta rah for now.

Eat some for me, please, I've been craving Panda Express for about two weeks now.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

So ta rah for now.

Well, happy, happy birthday to you...... and congrats on your routing. You're almost to Canada! :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

So ta rah for now.

Welcome back. We have a bit of RAIN scheduled for you. :P Interesting thing, when they built that Walmart they put up sign "No Overnight Parking". That seems to have changed in the last year though as most, if not all, of those signs are gone.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Welcome back. We have a bit of RAIN scheduled for you. :P Interesting thing, when they built that Walmart they put up sign "No Overnight Parking". That seems to have changed in the last year though as most, if not all, of those signs are gone.

Joe

Very noisy Walmart, almost as noisy as the old Walmart in Bakerfield. Panda Express was great. Thanks for all the birthday wishes.

Now off we go. Crossing guards, be nice.

We may not have internet for a couple of days.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Toni

To make your own post just go all the way to the bottom & click on Add Reply & you'll get a clear box. Type your post & then go down to click on "add reply"

Safe Travels over the border

Were in Birch Bay for another week or so.

If your @ the Mt Vernon Walmart again the all you can eat asian resturant across the street was good last year. I don't remember $$

The SKP chapter 5 meets there for lunch once a month.

Steve & Sandy

Papillon's Yoda & Ruby

2008 Phaeton 40QDH DP

http://allgire-travels.blogspot.com

We made it. Crossed the border at 10:00 am. No problem at all.

We feel so lucky. We found the place we are staying in the Day's End listing attached to Escapees. These people are not Escapees or rv'ers. They are great folks and the place....well. Five acre farm with ponds, blooming trees, ducks, and goats next door. 10 minutes from son Graeme. (He is doing fantastic by the way). All this for $100 a week.

Could someone do me a favor? For some reason, we can only access the neighbor's Wi Fi on Doug's computer and he does not have our peg map. I want to move our peg. Could one of you post the link here, or email it to me.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

We made it. Crossed the border at 10:00 am. No problem at all.

We feel so lucky. We found the place we are staying in the Day's End listing attached to Escapees. These people are not Escapees or rv'ers. They are great folks and the place....well. Five acre farm with ponds, blooming trees, ducks, and goats next door. 10 minutes from son Graeme. (He is doing fantastic by the way). All this for $100 a week.

Could someone do me a favor? For some reason, we can only access the neighbor's Wi Fi on Doug's computer and he does not have our peg map. I want to move our peg. Could one of you post the link here, or email it to me.

Toni-Here is the link.

http://www.rvclass2008.com/

happy birthday!!

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Here Ya go Toni, http://www.rvclass2008.com/

It was a very nice day today. I went over to the Wal-Mart in Wiley, TX 6 miles down the road. Man there are people all over the place and Traffic zooming in and out of everywhere. This place is dangerous. Tomorrow I have to go over to Plano. (about 5 miles farther toward Dallas) To find a Wells Fargo Bank and get a Cashiers check to sent to the mail serice so they can get my vehicles registered for me. I also need to do a little money juggling to cope with some of the new rules they just published that will effect my accounts.

Last night I decided to get that Download from Rand McNally if it took all night. The file said it would take 3 minutes and 34 seconds to download. It took 9+ hours. I didn't get to bed until 2:30 AM. I did get in a couple of Steves this afternoon so all in all I'm not too bushed from the ordeal. I think I'll also try and find a Verizon office and get a new phone. About half the buttons on mine only work when they want to and that isn't usually when I want them to work. Maybe I'll get a smart phone to have something to play with. I wish I could find one that was smart enough to find a way to pay for itself

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

A late Happy Birthday Toni! :D Glad your crossing went smooth and it sounds like a great place to stay. You all inthe tornado zone be extra careful. We are in Southern California at going to take the dogs to the beach today.

Everyone be safe and see you later.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

4/19 to 4/23 Camp Navajo Army National Guard CG just outside of Flagstaff. Park wasn't supposed to open yet but the water and elec. have been turned on and we were allowed to stay even if there was no camp host. Just us and one other motorhome. Nice and quiet tucked under Ponderosa Pines with a view of Mt. Humphrreys with snow still on top. Maybe we will have a campfire and watch for elk tonight!

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

I actually got a few things done today. I got to the bank and took care of all the transfer business and got a Cashiers check for my vehicle registration. Then I came back to camp and got the Cashiers check in an envelope along with a note and sent it off to Americas Mailbox so they can get my vehicle registered for me. Then off to the Post Office to get them sent. After the Clerical work was done I sat outside and carved for a while but it was a little too windy and I got tired of thing blowing off the table and gave that up as a bad habit. So I took a short STEVE then went next door to gab with my neighbor. I was going to go out and eat tonight but I decided I'd had enought traffic for one day and stayed home.

Here Ya go Toni, http://www.rvclass2008.com/

It was a very nice day today. I went over to the Wal-Mart in Wiley, TX 6 miles down the road. Man there are people all over the place and Traffic zooming in and out of everywhere. This place is dangerous. Tomorrow I have to go over to Plano. (about 5 miles farther toward Dallas) To find a Wells Fargo Bank and get a Cashiers check to sent to the mail serice so they can get my vehicles registered for me. I also need to do a little money juggling to cope with some of the new rules they just published that will effect my accounts.

Last night I decided to get that Download from Rand McNally if it took all night. The file said it would take 3 minutes and 34 seconds to download. It took 9+ hours. I didn't get to bed until 2:30 AM. I did get in a couple of Steves this afternoon so all in all I'm not too bushed from the ordeal. I think I'll also try and find a Verizon office and get a new phone. About half the buttons on mine only work when they want to and that isn't usually when I want them to work. Maybe I'll get a smart phone to have something to play with. I wish I could find one that was smart enough to find a way to pay for itself

Yep.... I think I would have started the download and went to bed! I'm with ya on the traffic! Even here in Pahrump it's bad, but Vegas.... oh my! Don't like that much. I just got a new Smart phone, and if ya find that real smart one...let me know. So far, mine just runs down twice as much! I like it but sure haven't figured it all out. I'm afraid to load apps as it will just run down faster. If you do that....buy an extra battery or two. It's worth it to just be able to change them out and go twice as long! That Wells Fargo stuff is KA KA!!!! Don't know what we're going to do yet... probably just do what you're doing. We have the Debit and the Savings Account so that's two out of the three!. Have a safe weekend.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Today the Weather has been cruddy. Cold, Raining, Windy. I got in a few extra Steves. But have nothing to say good so I'll just quit here.

Yep.... I think I would have started the download and went to bed! I'm with ya on the traffic! Even here in Pahrump it's bad, but Vegas.... oh my! Don't like that much. I just got a new Smart phone, and if ya find that real smart one...let me know. So far, mine just runs down twice as much! I like it but sure haven't figured it all out. I'm afraid to load apps as it will just run down faster. If you do that....buy an extra battery or two. It's worth it to just be able to change them out and go twice as long! That Wells Fargo stuff is KA KA!!!! Don't know what we're going to do yet... probably just do what you're doing. We have the Debit and the Savings Account so that's two out of the three!. Have a safe weekend.

I tried that a couple of night ago but Verizon would time out and break the connection because of lack of activity. I had to load a web page about every 1/2 to 3/4 hour to keep it going.

I tried that a couple of night ago but Verizon would time out and break the connection because of lack of activity. I had to load a web page about every 1/2 to 3/4 hour to keep it going.

It's just not fair to have to work so hard for the ease that all this technology is suppose to make for our lives! Between Bullhead City and here I've had the worst Verizon service that I've had in years! They have big signs that say 4G service...and they're not 4G anywhere here! My aircard times out too! Thought maybe I was just unlucky in where we are! Don't know as I'm utilizing all that my new phone has to offer. Don't use it very much and outside of a few times on the net when we're moving....I'm kinda sorry I just didn't get a regular phone. I know my bill is going to be a lot higher, and so far the service is not!!!! Have a great and relaxing weekend. This park is full of weekenders, so we'll play like hibernaters til Monday!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

It's just not fair to have to work so hard for the ease that all this technology is suppose to make for our lives! Between Bullhead City and here I've had the worst Verizon service that I've had in years! They have big signs that say 4G service...and they're not 4G anywhere here! My aircard times out too! Thought maybe I was just unlucky in where we are! Don't know as I'm utilizing all that my new phone has to offer. Don't use it very much and outside of a few times on the net when we're moving....I'm kinda sorry I just didn't get a regular phone. I know my bill is going to be a lot higher, and so far the service is not!!!! Have a great and relaxing weekend. This park is full of weekenders, so we'll play like hibernaters til Monday!

I'm having the same problem here in Apache Junction. Our Mifi went red (no signal) about 15 times yesterday and I also lost a couple of calls. I thought maybe when the snowbirds left service would improve and if anything, it has gotten worse. So frustrating. And also so very very hot - let's break some records!!!

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

The weather turned sunny today but it was still a little too chilly to enjoy sitting outside until about 3PM. Then the wind went down and the temperature climbed up to 76 degrees and it was very nice for the few hour remaining in the day. Dispite the cool weather I had a ball last night and today. Last night as rigs started to come in and fill the place, One across the way from me took 3 hours to level and he had automatic levelers. The drive sloped off too much for them to bring it up to level but he kept trying. Finally he went out with the car and came back with some cut stone about 4 inches thick. The stones along with the jack pads he already had got it up to level. This morning 3 women and a little girl tried to set up a six sided screen room. They thought the frame belonged on the inside and they would put it together upside down then try to turn it inside out. There was about a 12 mph wind just to make it more fun. I'll give them credit they stayed at it for 4 hours then finally gave up and waited for the men to come back from wherever they had gone. It was like watching them wrestle an octopus. I think they were having a little fun. There was plenty of screeming when one would be trapped under it and then they would all giggle. I could have gone over and offered to help but I don't normally play with hornets nest when they are swarming. Now, tomorrow I get the watch the show again when all the weekend warriors pack up to go back home. (I'm sure glad nobody is around when I hookup in the middle of the week)

Well, woot ... woot. We sold our property and our cabin. New owners signed final papers today and we love cash. However, it happened so fast. Heck, we weren't even sure we were ready to sell but I keep hearing the sound of ocean waves so maybe it's better to think beach :D :D . Who knows what we'll do. They offered only 6K less than we thought we'd list for and that is IF we listed so that wasn't bad. :D :D :D

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

NOT to say it's always this good, but the 4G in Mesa has been somewhat satisfactory since mid-Feb...

FWIW, my latest test, a few minutes ago:

1908541104.png

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

Well, woot ... woot. We sold our property and our cabin. New owners signed final papers today and we love cash. However, it happened so fast. Heck, we weren't even sure we were ready to sell but I keep hearing the sound of ocean waves so maybe it's better to think beach :D :D . Who knows what we'll do. They offered only 6K less than we thought we'd list for and that is IF we listed so that wasn't bad. :D :D :D

Congratulations. Cash is always good. Enjoy it !

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png