Classes of 2008 and 2009

My new van has been officially ordered with a mid-July due date. Then several weeks for the conversion. THEN!!!

Linda Sand

whooa,whooa, whooa, whooa!! You go girl! How exciting! Haven't been on here a while, just catching up. So glad for you! Lots of exploring out there.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jim I know if anyone can beat it you can. My prayers are with you.

It was a nice morning. Very little wind and sunny, I sat outside and carved for a couple of hours. Then I got energetic and re-caulked the mounting brackets on the solar panels. After that I took the junk back out of the truck and put it all back in an organized chaos sort of way. (It was just chaos). I'll probably mess it all up again on the bumpy road getting out to the highway. This after noon the wind came up again so I tryied to take a Steve but I really wasn't sleepy so I just played like a rock an laid there for a while. I took a lot of short walks this afternoon but that's about it. Now my mind is on leaving here Monday and heading down the road. I'll probably stop at Post, Tx Monday night but I won't stay long it's one of those high priced RV Parks.

Safe travels! Haven't been on here in a while, so read back to catch up. We are at Bullhead City AZ...headed to Pahrump, NV on Monday. Wind is blowing a gale here and we are getting a little rain. Temps have been pretty cool but on the way up before Monday. Hope you stay away from the storms in Texas!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Just wanted to let all of you know that Jim and I are going to be in AJ for awhile longer than planned. We found out Jim has lung cancer and is going to need surgery. We don't have a date yet for the surgery but hopefully it will be within the next two weeks. Then we'll find out if he needs any additional chemo or radiation. Several people here in our park aren't leaving until the end of May so we are surrounded by people who will take care of us if we need help. Sure is a good feeling.

I'll let you know when we find out something more.

Prayers from here. Hope all goes well.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

Just wanted to let all of you know that Jim and I are going to be in AJ for awhile longer than planned. We found out Jim has lung cancer and is going to need surgery. We don't have a date yet for the surgery but hopefully it will be within the next two weeks. Then we'll find out if he needs any additional chemo or radiation. Several people here in our park aren't leaving until the end of May so we are surrounded by people who will take care of us if we need help. Sure is a good feeling.

Sorry to hear this, prayers on the way.

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

So sorry to hear this news. Thoughts and prayers for you guys. Keep us all informed.

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

April 12 - 19 In Kingman, AZ. Well, we are sitting here this morning watching it snow!!!! We are in the DESERT!! Day before yesterday we were in shorts! It is pretty coming down but cold! Then tomorrow will be warm again. Mother Nature can't seemto makeup her mind.

Carol

Sandie you and Jim are in our prayers.

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

Sending good thoughts your way guys~ love you lots!

Funny thing. I scoured the internet looking for this BLM? near Twin Falls, ID called Stanton Crossing. I was getting very frustrated. This morning in the truck, I asked the GPS and IT FOUND ! Hurray! So that's where we are heading today. BTW, snow near Ely, NV but not much.

We are safe and thinking of y'all.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

met up with jeff and tina in vegas, went to dinner , sat around and told lies about all of you.. well some lies.

they came over yesterday when we were loading up to leave and helped me load the beast on the beastly trailer. many thanks jeff and tina.

we be in salt lake today, watching tha rain, snow wind and cold.. loving it

well i am,, deb keeps giving me these weird looks, i swear a dagger flew past my head once.

smokey is loving it.

stay safe my friends

mike and deb and smokey

It was really great to see you, Deb and Smokey. Watch out for those daggers. Be safe.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

The wind has been pretty bad today. I haven't spent much time outside. I didn't even get a good walk in. So nothing to report except those rock in my pocket are getting heavy.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Sending good thoughts your way guys~ love you lots!

Funny thing. I scoured the internet looking for this BLM? near Twin Falls, ID called Stanton Crossing. I was getting very frustrated. This morning in the truck, I asked the GPS and IT FOUND ! Hurray! So that's where we are heading today. BTW, snow near Ely, NV but not much.

We are safe and thinking of y'all.

Well, well, well. This is a find. Hwy 20 and Hwy 75, north of Twin Falls, ID. BLM. No one here. Beautiful, trees, river, lots of things for Parker to chase. Could probably fit 20 rigs in here. 2 channels of tv and pretty good internet. So folks that are coming this way, write it down.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Google Maps found it by entering "Stanton Crossing, ID". It says yes west on US 20 towards Magic Reservoir but on a river before you get to the reservoir. Thanks, Toni, this place is now on my data sheet for Idaho.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Sorry about the bad news, hope every things turns out great and Jim is back fishing soon.

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Sandie,So sorry that you and Jim have to go through this. we'll be thinking positive thoughts for both of you!!

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

You both are in our prayers;  hang in there... hope you can "see" a good prognosis soon!

Sorry we missed the  lunch gathering a couple weeks ago(?)... been off-the-grid awhile!

Best wishes!

-Don

Edited by DonF

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

We spent a couple of hours in the storm cellar last nite. Had a tornado 8 mi. W. of town, no damage. The sirens went off at about 11;30 and because we are in a trailer we thought it best to get in the hole. Looking forward to getting to Colo. the 1st of May where they dont have tornados. Everyone stay safe.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

We spent a couple of hours in the storm cellar last nite. Had a tornado 8 mi. W. of town, no damage. The sirens went off at about 11;30 and because we are in a trailer we thought it best to get in the hole. Looking forward to getting to Colo. the 1st of May where they dont have tornados. Everyone stay safe.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

We thought about you and wondered how you were doing with those storms. Glad there was no damage. I think some were close to where the Dwyers are too. Steve, we need you to check in too.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

I agree with Jeri - any of you guys out there in the Midwest need to post on a regular basis so we know that you're safe. So many storms this year. Here in AJ it was 64 yesterday for a high and by Tuesday we're back up to 90. I still wish those 80's would stick around for a few weeks.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

I pulled my trailer over to the dump station this afternoon and got it a little lighter for the road tomorrow. I pulled back into the same site I was in but didn't unhook. So all I have to do in the morning is put away the stuff sitting out so it don't end up all over the floor. There hasn't been many people at all in this park all week. It would have been great except we had a lot of wind. The wind was a little better today but most of the day was a little chilly. That was fine for working but not so good for sitting. It will feel good to get back on the road in the morning. I've seen all I can see here. I'll not see any more Tamerisk Trees. (Salt Cedar) I'll finally be getting out of their range.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Reporting in as ordered!! :D We sure did have a couple of nights of tornado activity. The first day,Friday, was the closest to us. They were about 5 miles north of us, but we were wondering for a while what way it was going. It was right near our son's house in Norman, OK. It came through Norman about 4:30pm and at one time was about a block from his house. He was looking out the back door and saw something coming toward the back yard and ran into the house and hid by the bathroom. The tornado was yo yowing up and down, and was up when it went by the house. The news weather man said that debris was falling out of the sky at 24th and Robinson, and he lives at 23rd and Robinson, so that was close enough. Last night everything was in the north west by the town of Woodward, which is almost to the panhandle, so it missed us by a lot. We did have a line of thunderstorms come through about 3:30am, so we didn't get much sleep until that was past. Now the weather looks good for a week.

We actually celebrated Easter today and had a nice time. We were finally able to get our son & girlfriend, our nephew, and his girlfriend, and Carol's sister in law, together and had a nice ham dinner with all the trimmings. We had 3 little ones there, so we had an easter egg hunt and an "egg rolling" contest. Now maybe we can get some rest tonight as the Sky's are clear. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

So glad you're ok.... Was a tornado 4 miles north of my hometown. Glad we aren't there. Concerned for all our friends and family in the middle of the country! We are heading to Vegas and Pahrump in the morning!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Reporting in as ordered!! :D We sure did have a couple of nights of tornado activity. The first day,Friday, was the closest to us. They were about 5 miles north of us, but we were wondering for a while what way it was going. It was right near our son's house in Norman, OK. It came through Norman about 4:30pm and at one time was about a block from his house. He was looking out the back door and saw something coming toward the back yard and ran into the house and hid by the bathroom. The tornado was yo yowing up and down, and was up when it went by the house. The news weather man said that debris was falling out of the sky at 24th and Robinson, and he lives at 23rd and Robinson, so that was close enough. Last night everything was in the north west by the town of Woodward, which is almost to the panhandle, so it missed us by a lot. We did have a line of thunderstorms come through about 3:30am, so we didn't get much sleep until that was past. Now the weather looks good for a week.

We actually celebrated Easter today and had a nice time. We were finally able to get our son & girlfriend, our nephew, and his girlfriend, and Carol's sister in law, together and had a nice ham dinner with all the trimmings. We had 3 little ones there, so we had an easter egg hunt and an "egg rolling" contest. Now maybe we can get some rest tonight as the Sky's are clear. Steve

So glad you're out of harms way for a while. Wondered. I have tornado pictures from our neighborhood on my F.B. page if ya wanna see, and some gnarly HuGe hail in Kansas. Big as a softball. So nice that you had a good family get together. Hope we get to do that in May! Take care and rest up now, you're bound to have more weather to deal with there!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Jim and Sandie, our thoughts and prayers are there with you

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

Tonight finds me in Haskell, Tx in their City/RV Park. It's Free for the first night then $12 a night if one decides to stay. There is a sports complex here but it don't look like anything will be going on tonight. They have full hookups but not in good repair. The electric is either 20 amp or 50 amp. I have a 5o to 30 adaptor so not a problem. Most of the sewer stand pipes have been run over and broken off. They are still useable but I had to look around for something to put over the opening to keep the smell down. As long as they have that word FREE on the park sign I don't think I'll be complaining to anyone. I do have a 4 bar phone signal so maybe I can get some things done that I haven't been able to make work over the past couple of weeks. I haven't figured out where I'll be heading for tomorrow but I do like that word FREE. Freddy and Steve. Don't try to blame those tornadoes on me just because I came in right behind them. Your still too far away for that.