Classes of 2008 and 2009

Well my peg seems pretty well stuck here on the Island. :rolleyes: I'm not all that far from you guys either. :lol: Probably going to do some short trips this summer, but most will be so short I won't bother moving the pin. Figuring that when it comes time to head south once again that thing will have taken root and be impossible to move. :P

Joe

Our peg is stuck too. It's not that we haven't moved. We have. I just haven't moved the peg because we are still in shooting range of the original spot. Come July that peg might get a little workout. Or, I should say that maybe in July we'll be moving that peg a bit. :D

Also, need to know timeline of you folks heading to the Pacific NW. We don't want to miss you!!!

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our peg is stuck too. It's not that we haven't moved. We have. I just haven't moved the peg because we are still in shooting range of the original spot. Come July that peg might get a little workout. Or, I should say that maybe in July we'll be moving that peg a bit. :D

Also, need to know timeline of you folks heading to the Pacific NW. We don't want to miss you!!!

Yep I second that thought, don't want to miss anyone either.

My peg is also going to get a bit of a workout in July, heading to Long Island for a week that month.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Yep I second that thought, don't want to miss anyone either.

My peg is also going to get a bit of a workout in July, heading to Long Island for a week that month.

Joe

And Marguerite? Nosy me!

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Another day and more excitement. We finally made it to Kanab. Everything was going great til we got 30 miles from Kanab. All of a sudden the truck's computer won't let us go more than 30 mph with a message that says power reduced. Absolutely no cell service out there and cannot get through to On-Star. Two lane road with no shoulder and not one place to pull over. So we limped into Kanab at 30 mph trying to keep as far to the side as possible so that everyone could pass us without getting too angry. The people at the RV park recommended a place so as soon as we got set up, Jim took the truck to the shop. It was a clogged fuel filter. Somewhere we picked up some dirty fuel. Thank goodness it was that simple to fix. We're here for four nights. Give Jim a chance to recover. And hopefully the weather will improve further north before we get there.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Another day and more excitement. We finally made it to Kanab. Everything was going great til we got 30 miles from Kanab. All of a sudden the truck's computer won't let us go more than 30 mph with a message that says power reduced. Absolutely no cell service out there and cannot get through to On-Star. Two lane road with no shoulder and not one place to pull over. So we limped into Kanab at 30 mph trying to keep as far to the side as possible so that everyone could pass us without getting too angry. The people at the RV park recommended a place so as soon as we got set up, Jim took the truck to the shop. It was a clogged fuel filter. Somewhere we picked up some dirty fuel. Thank goodness it was that simple to fix. We're here for four nights. Give Jim a chance to recover. And hopefully the weather will improve further north before we get there.

You have definitely had more than your share of "fun". Of course that wasn't fun so take the next few days and relax. You're in a beautiful area! :D Miss you two and boy do I have stories to tell you.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Hey, Jim, I could offer my Dodge with a tow strap, but I know how that would sit. :lol: Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I will worry about you two until you get home!!! You have ceertainly had you share of "adventures" this year!!! Glad the truck problem was a simple one. Be careful and try and relax til Jim can get that boat back in the water and fish til his heart's content!

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

I will worry about you two until you get home!!! You have ceertainly had you share of "adventures" this year!!! Glad the truck problem was a simple one. Be careful and try and relax til Jim can get that boat back in the water and fish til his heart's content!

Carol

Thanks Carol. I'll be glad when we can dump the boat in Helena. Just found out it's going to be windy in SLC Monday and Tuesday so I'm revising our plans and we're going to stay in Fillmore, UT for a couple of nights instead of just passing through.

Went to the North Rim today and it was a gorgeous day. Jim did pretty good. Had a little trouble breathing at that elevation of almost 9000 feet but he had his inhaler and we took it nice and slow.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Check all that Utah beauty out and tell me if theres something we shouldn't miss. Will spend some days in Cedar City on our way north in the middle of this month. Hope you enjoy it now and no more "excitement!"

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Don't see any one posting today! Hope everyone was busy doing fun things. I'll bet your day couldn't have sucked as bad as mine! Ol' Foofy hit a deer about 1 o'clock this afternoon on a straight away in broad bright sunlight! Not good but could've been worse! Only damage to the bumper...a basketball sized dent on the drivers side. At least that's all the naked eye sees for now....being Saturday nothing open to know! Anyway...delayed plans....not leaving for Pahrump on Monday now.... headed to the body shop instead! all up in the air! Ain't life grand? :o

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Don't see any one posting today! Hope everyone was busy doing fun things. I'll bet your day couldn't have sucked as bad as mine! Ol' Foofy hit a deer about 1 o'clock this afternoon on a straight away in broad bright sunlight! Not good but could've been worse! Only damage to the bumper...a basketball sized dent on the drivers side. At least that's all the naked eye sees for now....being Saturday nothing open to know! Anyway...delayed plans....not leaving for Pahrump on Monday now.... headed to the body shop instead! all up in the air! Ain't life grand? :o

We have to watch for deer around here all the time. Thank goodness you two didn't get hurt. A collision like that can certainly cause a lot of damage but glad it was light.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

So glad nobody got hurt except the stupid deer. A buck ran into the side of my car in MT and I was so made at that animal it's a good thing it was dead or stunned. A guy stopped and helped me pull it off the road and pull out my fender so I could still drive. Hoping the damage is just what you can see and not more.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

IYQ --- I believe you said you had a Wilson Soho amplifier. If so, which one do you have? Is it the AG 60? I'm thinking that's better than just the wireless one. Thanks!!

I tried to look for a number on my amplifier but it just says SOHO Amplifier. It's mounted insided a cupboard right close to the ceiling and it's very hard for me to see it good. I tried to buy another Trucker Antenna last week and was told that Wilson Electronics has gone out of business. He told me to go to Best buy because they might have some Wison stuff left in stock.

I've been at the NPS campground in Linville Falls, NC with no phone signal and no internet. I moved into town to a comercial RV Park ($190 a week) My doctor's nurse called and said I was anemic and to come in tomorrow for some more test. I hoping to get out of here by next Monday and head back west. I don't know where I'll head for, Just West. I was hoping to see Jerry and Janise as I'll be going through Crossville, TN but they are down in GA according to their stick pin. This campground has pretty good WiFi and boy is it fast. It's only a half mile from where I used to live. Glad to be back on the forum.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I tried to look for a number on my amplifier but it just says SOHO Amplifier. It's mounted insided a cupboard right close to the ceiling and it's very hard for me to see it good. I tried to buy another Trucker Antenna last week and was told that Wilson Electronics has gone out of business. He told me to go to Best buy because they might have some Wison stuff left in stock.

I've been at the NPS campground in Linville Falls, NC with no phone signal and no internet. I moved into town to a comercial RV Park ($190 a week) My doctor's nurse called and said I was anemic and to come in tomorrow for some more test. I hoping to get out of here by next Monday and head back west. I don't know where I'll head for, Just West. I was hoping to see Jerry and Janise as I'll be going through Crossville, TN but they are down in GA according to their stick pin. This campground has pretty good WiFi and boy is it fast. It's only a half mile from where I used to live. Glad to be back on the forum.

Wilson Electronics went out of business?? Do you think that's the truth? I just ordered another trucker antenna from Amazon. They have a SOHO AG 60 that is also a Wilson that I was thinking might work.

Glad to have you back on the forum. We missed you!! :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Hello there friends.

Anyone else having trouble with the new SKP Website? You have to change your password to get in and when it didn't work, I did password recovery. Three times now they sent me a new one. I copy/pasted it and it doesn't work. Not sure what to do now. On my computer, this one, I am okay but on Doug's computer which can pick up the outlaw WiFi from the rig, I cannot sign in.

Just wondering.

Pouring rain here for a few days. Lots of wind. Parker is doing very poorly. We are losing hope. :(

Hugs

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Hello there friends.

Anyone else having trouble with the new SKP Website? You have to change your password to get in and when it didn't work, I did password recovery. Three times now they sent me a new one. I copy/pasted it and it doesn't work. Not sure what to do now. On my computer, this one, I am okay but on Doug's computer which can pick up the outlaw WiFi from the rig, I cannot sign in.

Just wondering.

Pouring rain here for a few days. Lots of wind. Parker is doing very poorly. We are losing hope. :(

Hugs

I am so sorry about Parker. Give him a big hug and kiss from me. We will certainly miss him.

We have been rocking today. Couple of wind gusts that must have been 50 to 60 mph. I think it's finally starting to die down a little bit. Sure am glad we weren't out on the road today. On to Brigham City tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Hello there friends.

Just wondering.

Hugs

Haven't been to the SKP website other than this for a very long time. So sorry to hear about Parker. So sorry. :(

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Dang Lee, that pin can be moved. We have setup our RV in Crossville on some land we own. Let us know when you are coming thru and we will see if we can meet you. We go to Crossville about every weekend anyway.

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Wilson Electronics went out of business?? Do you think that's the truth? I just ordered another trucker antenna from Amazon. They have a SOHO AG 60 that is also a Wilson that I was thinking might work.

Glad to have you back on the forum. We missed you!! :D

I just went to Wilsonelectronics.com and didn't see anything about them going out of business. The owner of the local Radio shack is the one that told me. He used to carry Wilson products. That's where I bought mine. Maybe he said Wilson was selling the business. ????? Anyway he can't get there products now.

Jerry and Janice: I'll probably be at the Bean Pot Campground west of Crossville (I-40 Exit 322) next Monday but I'm not real sure. My Doctor called and said I was anemic and took some more test this morning. I'll get the readings from those test tomorrow afternoon. Then I'll probably know if the Doctor will turn me loose or schedule more appointments.

I spent most of the morning and part of the afternoon running back and forth to the Doctors office. Then I went and bought a smart phone. I think it's smarter than I am. It sure isn't intuitive. Oh Well, I'll have something to play with instead of cowgirls. I'm invited to a welcome back dinner tomorrow night as the guest of honor at the Square dance club I started here back in 1978 to 1981. I don't know if I can find time to get there or not. I though I was all through with the chores I had planned to get done while I was here. That was last week, Now that I'm all done I'm running my rear off taking care of stuff that just pops up.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Hello there friends.

Just wondering.

Hugs

I had a problem getting into the new site. Finally called Escapees and she fixed it for me. Now I have it saved.

Sorry about Parker. We are still here in Bowling Green at Beech Bend Amusement Park.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Hello there friends.

Just wondering.

Hugs

Ours is messed up too when trying to order mail. It has the names and email address wrong but the person in Livingston says they see it correct. We call in to get mail. So sorry to hear about Parker.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

apparently there were two Wilson electronics. The one we buy the cellboosters from is alive and well, based in St. George UT. A different one went out of business in Oregon.

We are in SLC for one more day, then headed towards Grand Teton.

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/