HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

IN Kaysville, Utah, just north of Salt Lake City waiting out the latest rain/snow that may be coming in this week. Temps are a little warmer then I figured they would be.

Paint your wagon and come along

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are at Pineland RV Park in Big Flats WI. I will be working out of Necedah WI for the next 40 days.

Feels kinda funny being in a RV park as we are usually boondocking somewhere. If you are in the area I would enjoy visiting with anyone from the forums.

Bob

Country Coach Intrigue Motorhome
Harley Heritage Softail
Jeep TJ
Travel Supreme 34FKTSO 5th Wheel

We are heading to Temecula tomorrow; visiting daughter's family for her elder's 4th b'day (granddaughter);

after abit less than a week, heading to PHX for the other granddaughter's 5th b'day -- and a visit with RayH....

First trip out since January & the radiator fiasco near Salinas --- got real itchy feet, need to feed our Jones! Though its only for a couple weeks, maybe longer if a "hot" contract comes in,,, I'm hearing alot about work in DC area.

May stop by "Snowbird West" if we learn Carey or others are still there.

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

At Neil' Vineyard in Vacaville, CA until 4/7. Not too bad a park, a wee bit old but livable. Eucalptus trees made for an interesting set up of satellite dishes but I overcame the green leaves.

Jim,

Those Eucalyptus trees are *wonderful* repellant to most tiny critters -- ie, spiders, ants, etc. We visited this campground when our youngest attended UC-Davis; we even had a little graduation gathering there, back in 2000. Also, at our old storage lot (at Lockheed) we had a slot that backed up to a row of these trees --- never had a problem with the ants & spiders that are so prevalent around the Bay area grass lands.

Give our best to Val,,, hope to see you in Octoer (?), if not sooner!

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

Speck, what will you be doing and WHAT are you doing back in cold weather??? LOL LOL Gene

Working as ground crew mixing fire retardant and fueling planes fighting forest fires. Yep the cold weather sucks.

Bob

Country Coach Intrigue Motorhome
Harley Heritage Softail
Jeep TJ
Travel Supreme 34FKTSO 5th Wheel

We have landed at Mark Twain Landing Resort just west of Hannibal, MO for the summer. We will be working in the concession stand at the water park. If your in the area, stop by and see us, lots to see and do.

Our neighbor drives a FL70 and we are trying to convince him to come to the HDT rally in Oct. Says he has heard of them and hopes to attend.

Guest hjsdds

Kechup and the A1 are snuggled in the sunshine at Pt. St Lucie RV Resort, Florida. Just left the 86 degree solar heated pool! Will be having some truck work done next Wednesday on Kechup. More details on the techie part of the forum I'm sure! Plan to stop in Chapel Hill, NC en route to NH. Will be home for our grand daughters birthday the 23rd of April. Hope the last snowstorm is the one coming tomorrow! Connie and Marv Marcy stopped here yesterday. We enjoyed dinner at Conchy Joes and had a nice visit. They stayed for the night and then continued on their trek to NC from Key West. It was great to see them again. Safe travels to all and if you're in our area give us a shout! Davena and Henry

Leaving Kaysville, Utah for Rapid City via Rawlins and Gillette, Wyoming. Figure the wind will be a factor as it usually is. Should be in RC Tuesday AM if the traffic Gods are willing.

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

Arrived Rapid City about 6PM. Great roads and hardly any wind to speak of. No traffic either. Got all satellites set up in the dark and that was fun. Will be at the KOA on Highway 44 in Rapid for the summer.

Highways 287 & 220 north from Rawlins to Casper and and I-25 to Gillette were excellent. They have added many passing lanes on 220 from Muddy Gap to Casper and it is no problem. Independence Rock is still in place. Nobody stole it during the winter.

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

We've been at Lake Texoma ~100 mi. north of Dallas for about a week now. We've been reminded why we usually get here in May... April is WAY cooler and windier than when we're usually here. I really don't enjoy putting sweatshirts & long pants on after spending most of the winter in shorts! Dave's brother won't make it up this year, so Dave's relegated to fishing off the docks. NO WAY is he getting me in the canoe unless the weather (and water!) warms up drastically.

We'll be here almost 2 more weeks before heading northeast for the oldest granddaughter's high school graduation in St. Louis..with a short visit to Dave's dad in the Missouri Ozarks.

Renee

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

We were on the way to Southern Illinois to the family farm but my brother informed me ground around the RV slip is still a little wet from all the rain, so we are sidetracking to Tom Sawyer RV Park in West Memphis, Arkansas for a few days. How bout some suggestions for BBQ from those who have been there? :blink:

Not all who wander are lost...but, odds are a few of us must be.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11080131@N03/

Interstate.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

:D Larry the "RENDEVOUS" in downtown Memphis is the place to go !!!!! The best .....Hope ya'll enjoy ...Jim

Jim&Hazel,03 Volvo 610,425hp,10sp Autoshift,Eaton 3:90 rear,24.5Alum,184"wb,ET jr/air hitch,SafVis Cams4,XM,Press/Pro,Garmin2720,CB,Rally Sport/TS,Bigfoot Levelers,03Roadking,02Dyna Lowrider,Golden Ret in spirit,Choc Lab(Trash)..Herrin Hauler Bed..Toyota FJ ...SKP# 95463 http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2901871210078354682lLxYIz .Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez ....

We have migrated to Troy, MO and hopefully going to be here for awhile.

Do NOT send me a PM, Cliick HERE to email me!

In considering a truck like that you need to ask yourself just how much you enjoy meeting new people, such as tow truck drivers and heavy truck mechanics?

Or perhaps, enjoying the great outdoors, like the side of the road while waiting to meet those exciting people?

We finally left Fl. for the summer. I finished installing a new awning on tuesday morning at eleven am. Then rearanged some s--- in the jeep and loaded it on the truck. Then put the service trailer on the rear bumper forks, then hooked up the fifthwheel. After leaving thursday evening we arrived at Talladega on friday morning. It is to late for working here so we are going to enjoy the race weekend.

Then tuesday we will arrive at Richmond speedway for the next race. Safe Travels Vern and Chris

:P I made it back from Retama yesterday afternoon ...thought I was gonna need SCUBA gear to get through Houston !!!! Saw two bad wrecks one happened just before I got to that location and it involved a tractor bobtailing and two cars...most all the vehicles were going two fast for the conditions ... :unsure: But i guess thats just life in the big city ....another strange thing was that the first accident was being worked by a Motorcycle officer... :blink: and it was pouring down rain !!!!!! The rain finnally let up around Lake Charles and just had sprinkles after that ....Well back to the grind .. :blink: ...Jim

Jim&Hazel,03 Volvo 610,425hp,10sp Autoshift,Eaton 3:90 rear,24.5Alum,184"wb,ET jr/air hitch,SafVis Cams4,XM,Press/Pro,Garmin2720,CB,Rally Sport/TS,Bigfoot Levelers,03Roadking,02Dyna Lowrider,Golden Ret in spirit,Choc Lab(Trash)..Herrin Hauler Bed..Toyota FJ ...SKP# 95463 http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2901871210078354682lLxYIz .Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez ....

B) I made it back from Retama yesterday afternoon ...thought I was gonna need SCUBA gear to get through Houston !!!! Jim

C'mon, Jim, that was just a drizzle! B) Back about 7 or 8 years ago, it rained over 18" in 24 hours in Houston. Our kids in Houston said this little shower was only about 10" in one day. Sorry we missed you in Mission. Say hi to Hazel and Trash...maybe we'll see you on the way down next Fall. Have a great summer and don't work too hard in your retirement.

LL and LaVila

Not all who wander are lost...but, odds are a few of us must be.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11080131@N03/

:blink: Yeh Larry... it was a downpour allright !!!!! Several underpasses were flooded ....and the traffic acted like you described ...like it was nothing ...only two wrecks observed while passing through ..... :lol:

Hope you and LaVila will stop by on your way through Meridian ....If not I'll see you in Retama next year ....Jim

• 2 weeks later...

We are back on our place on the "hill" in the Black Hills of South Dakota....... Gona sneak up on a few Walleye!! Weather is Beautiful.....

A GREAT summer to all!!!!!!!

Here is our location: http://map.datastormusers.com/user3.cfm?user=2972

Mike & Pat McFall SKP # 40224

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift

2005 Teton 45' Grand Reliance

PressurePro Tire Monitor Dealer

PressurePro System

Mike and Pat's Travels

Tripod Website

In Woodland Park - near Colorado Springs - until we leave for the HDT Rally in October. Visitors are welcome!!

On edit - well I missed something - this was supposed to go in the stickies...Jon, can you move it?

Edited by Jack Mayer

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Jack, After a day's delay fixing stuff on the truck near St Louis, we head west tomorrow. Hope to arrive in CO Spgs Saturday. We plan to stay at Crystal Kangaroo in Manitou Springs. We'll stop to say hello sometime.

Marv

2005 Safari Simba 37PCT

Fulltimer - resident of Polson, MT

Mostly in CO, MT, NC & KW FL

USAF Retired