HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

We, too, had a great time in Hutchinson... left at noon, yesterday (due to TWC predictions), got 200 miles, made it to 5pm Mass in OKC, then stayed at the Wal-Mart exit 116. Sleeping last night was very quiet (nice, restful) plus McD for breakfast burrito & Sr. coffee. So, the 2-2-2 works nicely, these days --- nice change after doing 3 x 400 mile days to Kansas.

FYI, we are NOW at the Airport Park COE campground outside Waco -- learned it just opened a couple weeks ago after being closed for 2 years (due to flooding). Beach-front property, hardly no one hear but for a few weekenders,,, so, maybe we'll stay an extra night... enjoying the FAST Verizon speed (nice change!@).

Weather has not caught up to us, yet -- will see what the morning brings.

We're due at San Marcos Tues, Kerrville Wed afternoon (for the NHOG rally), then onward back to North-Left-coast via grand-kids in PHX & S'Diego.

Cheers, to all!

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We left Hutchinson yesterday morning with the Quinns and the Gurksnis' on our way south. Didn't know where we would stop. Even though the wind was blowing, we were ahead of the rain. So, we extended our normal travel day and went 300+ miles to Thackerville, OK right on the Texas border. When we got here to the Red River RV Resort who did we find but Doug and Jutta Franks. We have extended our fantastic rally good time two more days! It's a great life!

Dale

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Hey, David.....I did 254 miles today. That is kinda pushing it....:rolleyes:

Did not buy the seats so my butt is sore.....I will have seats before any long drives. We are just East of Nashville.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

If you guys drove a few more miles a day, you could be laying around the pool like the rest of us LOL

2960010260060848624S500x500Q85.jpg

David

David - you are a cruel man - but I like it!

WP 903

merrillthurmanllc.com

Merrill Thurman

"73 de WBØWGG"

1996 FLB Freightliner; M11 Cummins @ 365 HP; 10 Speed OD Eaton/Fuller; 4.10 Rearend

You Can't Troubleshoot Stupid...

It Is Impossible To Even Converse With An Educated Idiot...

Tell Me Again Why I Took The Job I Now Have???

We made it to Retama! Man, it is beautiful here, we LOVE it!

Got in about 5 yesterday and still getting set up. Can't wait to check out everything.

Traveling with Phil, Whiskers and Smudge
Blog
http://fulltimeadventure.blogspot.com/

SKP 76763
2002 Teton Royal Aspen
2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . It's not just his name, it's his job.
ET Air Hitch

David... would you believe we did 459 miles yesterday, now that's a record! We're cruisin across PA and should arrive in DE late this afternoon. Sure looks like you're having fun working on that tan. :unsure:

George & Diane

05 Volvo 630, VE D-12 465, 12 speed Freedom Line

09 36RS3 Mobile Suites and 08 Smart Passion

SKP#77885

Well, David, after exhausting myself with all those miles yeaterday (254), I was only able to get in 222 today. Life is tough.

P&K - Glad you like Retama. I'll sell you one of my lots if you want.....Killer deal....

Walk down to 3911 and say Hi to Bob and Lynda - they are on our other lot. And have the only trash can I have B)

Edited by Jack Mayer

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

Bonnie and I got to our winter home (RV Lot) at Retama Village in Mission, Texas today at about 2:30 PM. Was set up enought by 4 PM to attend the happy hour / meet your neighbor at the club house. Have to get car we leave here moved (dead battery) tomorrow so we can get into the coach house and get the patio table and chairs out. Then we can get the coach house ready to enjoy as additional entertainment area. All the yard areas and the flower beds are looking great with a summer of growth. Will be staying here for the most part till spring comes to the north country.

Edited by Quinn The Eskimo

Gail & Bonnie Quinn (Full-timing since July 18, 2004)

2001 Volvo 610 autoshift (Ultimate V Rod) 465 HP, 1650 Torque, 3:42 gears with air locker, pictures of build can be seen @ http://community.web...theeskimogquinn

2010 New Horizons 45' custom Majestic, pictures of construction can be seen @ http://picasaweb.goo...com/gailquinn48

2003 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI, 100 HP, 118 Torque; Blog of 2007 Alaska trip @ http://quinntheeskim...nn.blogspot.com

2013 Smart Passion fortwo coupe

I'm leaving Branson this morning enroute to Retama....Hazel left yesterday for Meridian ...I should arrive Friday afternoon or Saturday ...I'm haulin Trash with me ...so I'll have a full load !!!! See Ya'll soon barring no problems !!!!! Jim :):lol:

Jim&Hazel,03 Volvo 610,425hp,10sp Autoshift,Eaton 3:90 rear,24.5Alum,184"wb,ET jr/air hitch,SafVis Cams4,XM,Press/Pro,Garmin2720,CB,Rally Sport/TS,Bigfoot Levelers,03Roadking,02Dyna Lowrider,Golden Ret in spirit,Choc Lab(Trash)..Herrin Hauler Bed..Toyota FJ ...SKP# 95463 http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2901871210078354682lLxYIz .Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez ....

Bonnie and I got to our winter home (RV Lot) at Retama Village in Mission, Texas today at about 2:30 PM. Was set up enought by 4 PM to attend the happy hour / meet your neighbor at the club house. Have to get car we leave here moved (dead battery) tomorrow so we can get into the coach house and get the patio table and chairs out. Then we can get the coach house ready to enjoy as additional entertainment area. All the yard areas and the flower beds are looking great with a summer of growth. Will be staying here for the most part till spring comes to the north country.

Happy Hour? Meet your neighbor?

Where does all this happen :)

Traveling with Phil, Whiskers and Smudge
Blog
http://fulltimeadventure.blogspot.com/

SKP 76763
2002 Teton Royal Aspen
2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . It's not just his name, it's his job.
ET Air Hitch

We arrived at North Texas RV Repair just west of Denton, TX on Tuesday. We have no idea how long we will be here...could be weeks!! Since Travel Supreme is out of business, getting parts could be problematic. Sheet metal panel may have to be fabricated. UGH! We are jealous of those of you already at Retama. We will get there as soon as we can!

Dale

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Pulled into Fredericksburg, TX yesterday afternoon after two days driving in the rain from Hutch. Nothing severe in the weather dept but sure was wet all the way down.

Be here till February 15 when we will wander west.

Paint your wagon and come along

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

We are in VA at my brother-in-laws Plantation home. Here till Nov. 22 when we leave for the Summerdale SKP park.

I envy you guys at Retama. Wish we were there....

www.jackdanmayer.com

Nora and I retired in August and we left South Bend, Indiana and headed to family farm in Illinois then on to chapter 51 rally in Bloomington, Indiana. From there we spent some time in Gatlinburg, Tn. Presently we are in Memphis working a pumpkin lot and will be here for xmas trees also. From there we will head to Yuma Az. for 4 months.

Edited by crewcab96

Roger and Nora Hartzler

95 Volvo TTES N-14 460HP 13 Speed

2004 Teton 40' Reliance

SKP # 67556

http://community.webshots.com/user/edkronholm

Settled in for about the next five months at the Panhandle Pioneer Settlement in Blountstown, FL. Temps have been 60 at night and 85 days. Suppose to cool off big here to 55 nights and 80 days. It will be tough but we will make it.

Dave

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

We left Pa. last sunday afternoon, stoped for a short visit in Hilton Head Sc. Then spent two days at Sumter Oaks in Bushnell Fl. Now we are about fifteen miles south west of sumter Oaks at Cloverleaf Forest RV resort for the winter. If anyone is at Sumter Oaks pm us and maybe we could come over for a visit. Vern and Chris

I finally made it to Retama yesterday about 6pm ...Had the crew come over set up chairs and give moral support to backin in and settin up !!!!!! Its the cat calls that distract you !!! Anyway uneventful trip ...just like I like !!! Although Dallas,Austin,and San Antonio downtown traffic in one day ..requires a large goose and juice ...to calm the nerves ....1053 miles ..two days...now i know i'm slackin a little but didn't want to over do.....LOL

I found I developed a pin hole water leak in the ice maker line...that soaked the rugs ..so got to get all that fixed and cleaned up...Oh well beats any day at the office !!!! LOL ...waitin on happy hour .....LOL..Jim

Jim&Hazel,03 Volvo 610,425hp,10sp Autoshift,Eaton 3:90 rear,24.5Alum,184"wb,ET jr/air hitch,SafVis Cams4,XM,Press/Pro,Garmin2720,CB,Rally Sport/TS,Bigfoot Levelers,03Roadking,02Dyna Lowrider,Golden Ret in spirit,Choc Lab(Trash)..Herrin Hauler Bed..Toyota FJ ...SKP# 95463 http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2901871210078354682lLxYIz .Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez ....

At the rally in Wichita, it was mentioned at one point that we who travel quite a bit, let others know where we are hiding. Might be a good way for those who are traversing an area to stop and find out information or even get some assistance if needed.<BR><BR>Starting 10/16/05 we will be in Sierra Vista, AZ for a month or so then move around for a bit.

Hi Jim & Martha here so your in Sierra Vista , well if you should get to Kingman, AZ do look us up. I am having trouble with my Auto shift so we are not going much any more till the boy at the shop figure out whats up with it . but would love to talk to you guys .. Jim

Jim

We are at Assateague State Park in MD then moving to Candy Hill Campground in Winchester, VA for the winter. If you are traveling down I-81 thru VA, stop in and see us.

Hi Jim & Martha here your are going to our old stomping grounds , Martha is from Woodstock,VA

it to is just of I 81 20 miles south west of Winchester,VA her brother still lives in Harrisburgh. VA

small world. Jim

Jim

Well we left the horse ranch where we spent the summer. We are now in Bellingham WA. We are visiting my parents and helping them with some fall chores. We will only be here for a couple of weeks then we will move to Portland on our slow move toward Arazona.

Kent & Jan

2003 Volvo VLN630
2016 38 RS3 Mobile Suite
2010 Smart behind the cab

FullSizeRender_zpsrtbccowj.jpg

We waited to leave Hutchinson until Wednesday after the rains subsided. Drove as far as Concordia day one and then to Indy day 2. Friday we arrived at Charger Enterprises RV Repair in Elkhart. Such delightful folks. we switched to EST and arrived after the workers had left. They put us up for the weekend in their lot with hookups. Had a wonderful Amish meal at Das Essenhaus and then Saturday spent the day at the RV Museum Hall of Fame . 7 am Monday our ice maker was unclogged, our leaky window was repaired, pocket doors were back on track and the TV antenna was repaired. Went to Stuarts HWH Service shop to get our 2 front jack springs installed. The fellow that did it was the one that C. Yoder had called to install them when the rig was built. He never saw the finished product so he was impressed. Small world. Spent the night at the Elkhart Campground and watched Dancing with the Stars in the Laundry Room since we had no TV! Cozy. Tuesday we did the usual tour of RV Surplus, and the Hart City RV that is going out of business. About 6 pm we decided we really needed to head east to NH. Drove to Cleveland that night and then on to Akron NY Flying J to visit my aunt. Left ( Buffalo area) about 6pm and arrived in NH at 2:30 am. Crawled into our sleeping bags upon arrival and slept well! Freezing cold here! Definitely NOT Jack days of driving! :( 3684 total miles, $1156 in diesel 7.9 mpg. The Indian reservation diesel in NY was $3.03 per gallon so we filled her up! Hope to see ya'll this winter. Hugs, Davena and Henry

:) Glad ya'll made it home safe and sound ....!!! Are you going to spend another fridged winter in New England or are you going to head south ???? B) If you leave who's going to keep and eye on Mark .... :( he's a Texan now and doesn't have the antifreeze for the north .... :lol: Jim