HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

We departed our property in Custer, SD yesterday and made it all the way to Hart Ranch RV Resort south of Rapid City. Some 45 miles,,,LONG DAY! :D But its a good start, after attending the TETON OWNERs Rally we will proceed on East to Lincoln, Nebr and spend some time with Ann, my sons wife. Its still a very tough time for us all.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Gail and Bonnie Quinn fellow Tetoners and HDT'ers and Thomas and Gayle Gurksnis, Tetoners and Retama residents are also here at the rally....

We are installing PressurePro Systems like crazy!!!!!! Business is GOOD!!! See ya all in Hutchinson!!!!

Mike & Pat McFall SKP # 40224

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift

2005 Teton 45' Grand Reliance

PressurePro Tire Monitor Dealer

PressurePro System

Mike and Pat's Travels

Tripod Website

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it took a while before we qualified to post here, but we finally made it!

Bret & Wendy are off the farm and on the road. We made a stop on the left coast to distribute some more goodies for our kids and leave 'em a few things to babysit for us, so to speak. I have to admit, the babysitting will probably turn into ownership in the long run, but time will tell on that one.

We're in Coburg, Oregon right now, heading for AM Solar in Springfield tomorrow for a new solar system and some new AGM batteries (6). I think (hope) that will do the job for us once we get tired enough of traveling to settle down and do a little boondocking.

After that..... not too sure, probably back up the coast to check out the waves and tide pools and then back to have an actual visit with the youngsters before we finally head south to Livingston, TX for a visit and a rest and to set up our mail forwarding.

So, we're finally on the road and looking forward to meeting some of the fine folks we've already met here in the forums.

See you down the road! :D

'03 Ford F350, CC, 7.3 PSD, 4X4. 33' Alpenlite.

I tried a lot of different jobs in my life, until I found my true vocation: "RETIREMENT!"

Currently in Ogalalla, NE; planning to stop en route to Hutchinson in Smith Center to look at Excel's new stuff. Pickin's are getting mighty slim with so many manufacturers going out of business, so figured we may as well take a little detour to see one of the factories that are still in business. Looks like it might be a challenge finding somewhere to park/stay in the vicinity of Smith Center, though!

Looking forward to seeing some of the HDTers we've not met before.

Renee & Dave

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

Currently in Ogalalla, NE; planning to stop en route to Hutchinson in Smith Center to look at Excel's new stuff. Pickin's are getting mighty slim with so many manufacturers going out of business, so figured we may as well take a little detour to see one of the factories that are still in business. Looks like it might be a challenge finding somewhere to park/stay in the vicinity of Smith Center, though!

Looking forward to seeing some of the HDTers we've not met before.

Renee & Dave

Dave and Renee,

There is a little campground on the westside of Smith Center. You'll fit in the easy. It's self pay and not much but is cheap. See you in Hutchinson on Thursday.

Larry

Larry & Billie

'98 Volvo 610, "HD Mule"

2010 Excel Wild Cargo SKM

A. J., the guard dog

Sadie, Mistress

http://community.webshots.com/user/stillworking100

:unsure: Headed to Hutchinson this morning ...leaving in 30 minutes ...see ya'll there !!! Jim

Jim&Hazel,03 Volvo 610,425hp,10sp Autoshift,Eaton 3:90 rear,24.5Alum,184"wb,ET jr/air hitch,SafVis Cams4,XM,Press/Pro,Garmin2720,CB,Rally Sport/TS,Bigfoot Levelers,03Roadking,02Dyna Lowrider,Golden Ret in spirit,Choc Lab(Trash)..Herrin Hauler Bed..Toyota FJ ...SKP# 95463 http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2901871210078354682lLxYIz .Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez ....

Larry -- Thanks for the info. We actually stumbled across the listing for that RV park (after I posted here) in RV Park Reviews -- dated Sept 2008! Apparently, between your reply & the park review site, we're MEANT to stay there! Funny, I normally check that site along with all the other campground books, and for some reason didn't this time.

See you in a few days!

Renee

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

HI All,

We are in Dodge City, KS at the Gunsmoke RV Park (last night and tonight). Will be coming on in to Hutchinson tomorrow for the Rally. See you all there!

Dale

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Hi all, well after three attempts over the last year,we had the Big Foot Levelers installed today in White Pigeon Mi and now are sitting in Elkhart having a little body work done on the coach. Had the pleasure of running into Smoky and Pam today. Should be on the road tomorrow sometime and be at the rally by Wed afternoon,only 800 miles, easy day LOL

David & Ute

Looking at new opportunities !

2008 Ultra Classic

http://community.web.../user/toterman2

We pulled into the fairgrounds yesterday afternoon. Plenty of room,,,,,,,,,Steve and Gail were here along with Gregg and Bonnie. Jim (hogrider) pulled in last night. That's 4 rigs.............DYI and Mark and Dale are 2 more that I know of that will be pulling in today....

See ya all soon !

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift

PressurePro System

Mike and Pat's Travels

Tripod Website

Man, I wish we were there with you guys. Still in Woodland Park. We blow out the water lines on Thursday, probably leave Saturday....heading for VA.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Guest hjsdds
Man, I wish we were there with you guys. Still in Woodland Park. We blow out the water lines on Thursday, probably leave Saturday....heading for VA.

Sorry that you're not gonna join us this year Danielle and Jack! That means no tree huggin parties :rolleyes: We are approaching Columbus OH in 80 miles with 900 mi to go! if we each do a 300 mile stint we'll arrive 10:50 AM manana! Jerry Cole leaves today from NY and Dan and Dorcas Dick should have Joyrider out of the shop today and leave from NH tomorrow for the rally! Safe trip for all. Davena

We along with Larry and Billie pulled intp the fairgrounds in Hutchinson, Kansas about 3 PM this afternoon. Will be here till 10/11/08.

All is in order for the HDT rally as it stands right now.

Paint your wagon and come along

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

A sea of heavy duty trucks and fifth wheels met our eyes as we pulled into the fairgrounds about 3.00 p.m. yesterday. We got to meet Henry and Davena right away, a real pleasure to finally get my hug from them both. Mark Shelly helped us park and got us situated. Who’s been my favorite person to meet? Well, not really a person but I finally got to meet Trash, Hogrydr's dog. He has beautiful furry face, and my furry face Chloe seems to think he's handsome too!

Everyone we have met so far has been super nice but what else would you expect from this group! Looks like it's going to be a fun, busy, and informative week.

Traveling with Phil, Whiskers and Smudge
Blog
http://fulltimeadventure.blogspot.com/

SKP 76763
2002 Teton Royal Aspen
2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . It's not just his name, it's his job.
ET Air Hitch

We are in Denton, TX until around the 24 or so and then head to Mexico Beach, FL for Nov - Jan. Not sure of what after that.

Doug & Deaon Titus

Red 1998 Volvo 610 Motorhome "Dogden"

In memory of Sam the white boxer 8/29/2002 - 7/23/2007

1998 Teton Royal

1990 Gold Wing/Watsonian Sidecar

Billie and I will be in Hutchinson until 10-16 then over to Greensberg Ks till 10-19. After that I'll be going to Wichita, Ks for a couple of days, Billie hasn't made her mind up yet, that quilting mighty important, may need to head home. Then I'm back to Oakley for the winter. Can't wait for April Fool's day.

Larry & Billie

'98 Volvo 610, "HD Mule"

2010 Excel Wild Cargo SKM

A. J., the guard dog

Sadie, Mistress

http://community.webshots.com/user/stillworking100

Made it to Tom Sawyer RV Park, West Memphis, yesterday.

David, if you read this, I did 436 miles in ONE day. Need new seats, though.......:)

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

B) Dam Jack ....You talked me into the 2-2-2 traveling and then you spoil it ...!!!! :(:D ....I hope we weren't a bad influence !!!...I left Hutch and made 200 hundred miles..pulled into a RV park on a lake had a couple Goose and Juices and let Trash out...and after a great mini stay ...left for Branson to await the Queen Bee ..Be here at the ABC for a week then to Mission .....Had a great time at the Rally ...see ya'll again soon .....Jim Edited by Hogrydr

Jim&Hazel,03 Volvo 610,425hp,10sp Autoshift,Eaton 3:90 rear,24.5Alum,184"wb,ET jr/air hitch,SafVis Cams4,XM,Press/Pro,Garmin2720,CB,Rally Sport/TS,Bigfoot Levelers,03Roadking,02Dyna Lowrider,Golden Ret in spirit,Choc Lab(Trash)..Herrin Hauler Bed..Toyota FJ ...SKP# 95463 http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2901871210078354682lLxYIz .Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez ....

Come on in Dave. Lots of room at the moment. We leave Monday morning unless I can convince Danielle we NEED those 2 Atlas Elite 80 seats at the Chrome shop....in which case we will get them on Monday and leave on tuesday.....

www.jackdanmayer.com

Jack, that has to be a record for you !!! We left the rally this morning about 7:30 and decided to call it an early day with just over 600 under our belts, had planned on going all the way but decided we needed something to do tomorrow LOL

Have a great stay and see you guys in FEB.

David

Looking at new opportunities !

2008 Ultra Classic

http://community.web.../user/toterman2

Pat and I made went 410 miles today, departed Hutch at 0800 and arrived just over the Arkansas line at Almo at 5 pm. Bought 120 gal of fuel at Checotah, OK for $3.469 gal..........We also changed out a tire to our spare on the shoulder of the highway south of Stillwater, OK. A G614 threw a tread. Thats the very first tire problem we have had in 14 years of fulltiming at about 15,000 per year.........We have been lucky. Damage was minimal.........

We'll be in Little Rock before noon tomorrow....... Anyone wat to buy 6 nice, fairly new 16" Chrome Spoke Teton wheels? We're goin 17.5....

(I think!!)

Mike

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift

PressurePro System

Mike and Pat's Travels

Tripod Website