ddm502001

Worked on this trade into machine for two years as was less expense and currently ALL paid off as to repairs.  2005 KW W900L eight bag air ride 500hp C15 Cat.  Know is Not a great choice but was what I could find CHEAP as in traded other stuff for it.

Second photo, what I started with.

Plans are a Toy Hauler 5Ver around 30-35 ft, for our Harley Roadie, travel in style and get where want to go, unpack bike for touring locally.

Dave

IMG_0656.JPG

IMG_8444.JPG

Welcome!! The "cool" factor of your truck is way up there.  I can see you've put a lot of elbow grease into it already.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Worst of it, needed full out of chassis overhaul and a new head, truck sat six years neglected.  Been some level of entertaining if that could be considered.

I have done everything visible and many not, Engine, Suspension, Brakes seals and actuators, Body Work, even paint is all my hand work.

BTW Very nice 730

Dave

You save a ton of money if you can do it yourself. Nothing wrong with a C-15 cat except it's the most expensive engine to work on.  I had to replace one once. It cost almost as much as the truck when I bought it. 

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Howdy Dave,

Good to see another "Hood" in the group.  I also have the C-15, it's a thirsty critter but the smile it puts on my face going up the grade is priceless.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

9 hours ago, ARGO said:

Ah, nothin' like a long nose! Are you going to single it or not?

46K eight bag KW Air Ride, not logical nor functional to drop to a single.  Would require conversion to some other air ride to make it work, not in budget.  Will suffer along as the Blue Beast is until tire of a tandem, will ten either trade out or sell outright and buy a single with a Auto behind to fully license RV.

Dave

19 hours ago, ddm502001 said:

46K eight bag KW Air Ride, not logical nor functional to drop to a single.  Would require conversion to some other air ride to make it work, not in budget.  Will suffer along as the Blue Beast is until tire of a tandem, will ten either trade out or sell outright and buy a single with a Auto behind to fully license RV.

Dave

OR, run just outside tires and leave it tandem.  Thats what I am doing because I dont need the capacity but dont want to change the truck to single, cuz you just never know what tomorrow will bring.

Marcel

6 hours ago, rpsinc said:

OR, run just outside tires and leave it tandem.  Thats what I am doing because I dont need the capacity but dont want to change the truck to single, cuz you just never know what tomorrow will bring.

Seriously considered Super Singles, price shot that down.  With the finances I have put in this will keep it awhile and as is.  Got the eight rears FREE, around 40% usable tread life, 2019 carcass dates and matched never repaired set.  I am on a farm, have a 26' goose that I am going to swap the ball hitch for a pin, drag it behind this.  BIL has farm 95 miles from here, his son gets to use my old machines keeping that place up so easy choice to haul with this.  Also considering buying a 'Step Deck' flatbed to haul other items here and to BILs.