Is there an RV park in Vegas with actual shade?

Roamer

4 hours ago, Wanderbust said:

Maybe just palms? I've only been a couple times, but I don't recall seeing much in the way of shade.

We used to spend time there on a regular basis when our grandchildren lived there and one of my closest friends and I never saw any RV parks with trees of any size other than palms. 

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I think you're asking too much -- at least from what I've seen of the RV parks we've been by.  Granted, we haven't seen every RV park in the area.  About the only place I have personal knowledge of that has trees for shade is Las Vegas Bay Campground in Lake Mead NRA.  Of course, it's dry camping.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

The shooting range on the NW quadrant of town has roofs over the parking area. Haven't seen a tree around Vegas beside palms and shrubs.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

I don't own one of these, but maybe bringing your own shade is an option?
Portable carport

+++++++++++_____________________________________+++++++++++

2021 Ram 3500  2017 Arctic Fox 25W(to be traded??)
HAM guy (Ke7FIX), photography, woodworking (mostly sawdust),
Electronics Technician,  USAF DAV

Going where everyone has gone before

event.png                                             

1 hour ago, franco-bolli said:

I don't own one of these, but maybe bringing your own shade is an option?
Portable carport

Um. Not quite 7' tall at the corners and not quite 10' tall in the center? If he has anything bigger than a conversion van there's not much hope that would work for him.

Linda

OK. I went back and looked; he has a Scamp trailer pulled by a pick up truck so maybe. I wonder what an RV park would say about him setting this up?

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

12 minutes ago, sandsys said:

Um. Not quite 7' tall at the corners and not quite 10' tall in the center? If he has anything bigger than a conversion van there's not much hope that would work for him.

Linda

OK. I went back and looked; he has a Scamp trailer pulled by a pick up truck so maybe. I wonder what an RV park would say about him setting this up?

Most of the RV parks I've been in would be a definite NO.  In AZ the park allowed an 8x8 canopy, but none of the others would allow any type of canopy/cover.  Best call first.

7 hours ago, sandsys said:

Linda

I agree that the specific link provided might work for a pop up trailer, but it was intended as a thought provoker for the OP to consider one that would fit.  

I learned something from this thread as well,  most CG would frown on bringing your own carport. Good to know.

event.png                                             

7 hours ago, Kirk W said:

You may want to consider one of the products from Shade RV if they ever get them back in stock to sell.

d56463_a76631b154974b26944cd3860e40b3e6~

@Kirk WDo you know anyone with one of these? How well does it work?  Probably need to compromise on solar panel exposuire..

event.png                                             

The first I ever saw one of these was about 3 hours ago as we came past Blue Sky RV Park in the Foothills area of Yuma, AZ. The RV sits towards the front of the park is the only reason I saw it. Personally myself, after 18 years of snowbirding and also about six months of summer the last two years in the Foothills, there is no way I'd want one. The winds and "popup" storms could take that to the next county. And another downside is the possibility that when it breaks loose it could damage nearby RVs.

1 hour ago, bobsallyh said:

The first I ever saw one of these was about 3 hours ago as we came past Blue Sky RV Park in the Foothills area of Yuma, AZ. The RV sits towards the front of the park is the only reason I saw it. Personally myself, after 18 years of snowbirding and also about six months of summer the last two years in the Foothills, there is no way I'd want one. The winds and "popup" storms could take that to the next county. And another downside is the possibility that when it breaks loose it could damage nearby RVs.

Good point. Most of us have read or heard stories of awnings flapping in the wind and the amazing amount of damage they can do.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

3 hours ago, franco-bolli said:

@Kirk WDo you know anyone with one of these? How well does it work?  Probably need to compromise on solar panel exposuire..

I would think that would be a bear to install, especially in wind.  Perhaps for a long-term site but not for a short visit.  I think the OP was talking about a tree for him to sit under but perhaps not  😉

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

11 hours ago, franco-bolli said:

Do you know anyone with one of these? How well does it work?

I do not personally know anyone who has one but have seen one in use twice. The user that I spoke with was very pleased with the results and said that after putting it on a couple of times for practice it is easy but did say that he only puts it up when he will stay for a week or more. I didn't ask about storms & wind issues. If you had enough solar panels on your roof I would think that would give you a lot of the same effects, possibly better? 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

On 7/3/2022 at 1:52 PM, Roamer said:

I’m looking for a park in Las Vegas that has *actual* shade — big mature trees that will help keep me cool and provide a little atmosphere. Palm trees don’t count. Is there such a thing, or am I asking too much?

Check Out King's Row RV Park on north Boulder Blvd.  Family run since the 1960s and although not all spaces have mature shade trees, many do.

Edited by Lou Schneider

4 hours ago, Lou Schneider said:

Check Out King's Row RV Park on north Boulder Blvd.  Family run since the 1960s and although not all spaces have mature shade trees, many do.

This is probably the best you can get in the desert!     

https://www.kingsrowrv.com/

Full-timed for 16 Years

I forget which state it is in, but at least one RV park has a large solar panel area with premium RV parking underneath.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Not in Vegas, but the KOA in Tucson has covered sites offering plenty of shade. It's been rated as one of the best KOAs in the country.

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

1 hour ago, Twotoes said:

Not in Vegas, but the KOA in Tucson has covered sites offering plenty of shade. It's been rated as one of the best KOAs in the country.

I truly get the purpose as we had solar on our MH but to park under the panels seems like a "cold, harsh-looking" campsite.  I'd much rather have panels on my RV and park in scenic surroundings.  I've seen that campground and personally I wouldn't stay there. Plus, it's right next to the interstate.  Some like KOAs though no matter what.

https://koa.com/blog/tucson-solar-shade/

Edited by 2gypsies

Full-timed for 16 Years