Very Late 2021, early 2022 Quartszite unofficial HDT rally.

mr. cob

On 12/31/2021 at 1:04 PM, dmk said:

Hoping to be around Q by the 17th, will you still be around and where's the general location at?

You could always drive the Jeep ,UTV or the truck over to visit for the day

Tim & Cheryl
2015 Mobile Suites 39 TKSB3
2009 Volvo 670 D13 I-Shift  “Walter”

Happily Living Somewhere In Nevada

649EF470-4F2A-4D47-8AB9-AFD3462E24F4.jpeg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy All,

The gathering of the Clan continues.  "Dirt" Doug showed up with his rolling circus, John talked to another HDT'er who wasn't aware of our group and they have now joined the circle, lost track of how may rigs are here I suppose I should do a count and post up some photos but the internet is so SLOW I doubt I could post photos.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

21 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy All,

The gathering of the Clan continues.  "Dirt" Doug showed up with his rolling circus, John talked to another HDT'er who wasn't aware of our group and they have now joined the circle, lost track of how may rigs are here I suppose I should do a count and post up some photos but the internet is so SLOW I doubt I could post photos.

Dave

I did a drive thru the other day with the smart, but didnt see anyone out and about so didnt stop, most where probably out on their SxSs.  I'm parked off Dome Rock rd with some friends until Friday and then back to Havasu to serve beer at the balloon festival.  If I get a chance I'll stop by and say hi.

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

Howdy All,

A few days ago, Buba and Kat arrived, Roger came in about 3AM 2 days ago and just a few minuets ago Aaron and Tina, pulled in.  Going to be a large gathering round the fire this evening.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Hey All,

I have one Arizona Off Highway Decal now available as a result of my ATV motor has Covid (blow up).  Any offers accepted will arrive in Q with the group on Jan 22 or 23rd latest.....  These are not tied to a VIN.

Dennis

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • 2017 Host Mammoth Slide-In Camper on Deck
  • Jackalopee
  • Build article published here

Howdy All,

The folks just keep showing up, Yesterday Mark and Jen arrived, today Chad and Jen pulled in, a couple I don't know joined our group with a large Totter Home, and another fellow arrived with an HDT, large box on the back and a long extension to tow a trailer, no trailer yet perhaps later.  Still plenty of room so if your in the area show up and join our merry band of miscreants and swap lies around the campfire.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

On 1/17/2022 at 5:37 PM, usbusin said:

Pictures, pictures!! Didn't happen if you don't have pictures!!!!

😀😀

Howdy usbusin,

I don't have a high dollar internet system, the wifi here is so SLOW I can't post photos or I would be doing it.  Maybe someone who has good internet could post up some photos it's getting to be quite the gathering, in fact I am going to change the thread title, I am declaring this the first "Official Quartszite HDT Rally".

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

I'm with you on that one, mr. cob.  We've spent many winters in and around Q. Maybe someone in the group has a better internet connection.  From what you've said there must be quite a group.  How many at the last count?

Have a great time and enjoy the beautiful desert.

GaryD

2001 Freightliner FL70, Cat 3126b 300hp, 860 lb/ft, 6 speed manual Eaton/Fuller

Motorhome body by Transport Designs (37 ft overall)

Motorhome Specs and Pictures

Our Music Ministry

We're planning to leave the Phoenix valley the morning of the 30th. If anyone needs anything picked up, shout out. We will have room for everything from a ring box to pallets. Yes, more than one pallet. Let us know.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Howdy All,

ALL HDT'ers are welcome, the secret handshake and midnight initiation ceremonies have been waived for all new comers. 😄

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

We have been having a great time so far.  I have been working a lot harder than I planned.  Tried to go out and have fun in the RZR today and the ride got cut short.  Didn't make it more than a couple miles from camp and the check engine light came on with an engine code.  Lost power and had to limp back to camp.  I am not very happy about it as the RZR just came out of the shop for a similar issue.  Less than 10 miles on it since it was supposedly "repaired".  Based on several calls and conversations with service centers and dealers, I may be out of luck as parts for the perceived problem are on back order everywhere.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg