Selling to Camping world

I’ve been thinking of selling my 2020 springdale 1860 SS i bought new used it two summers of full time travel. Its in very good shape new tires last summer bla bla bla. Camping world needs or wants used rigs they made a hard offer of just under $700 less than I paid. Has anyone got experience with selling to them? The offer is good for 5 days

George the Greek

2 years use only going to cost you $700, IF I was ending my camping, I would jump on it.  BUT, If I were selling to upgrade to a newer camper, I'd have to think hard about it.  New camper won't be cheap.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

I traded in a camper for a new used camper at Camping World.  They never even looked at the old camper - they had me drop it off in the back lot and then we did the paper work.
Note: the purchase of the new/used camper was paper from another company - not Camping World.  Camping World used a third party for the purchase and sale - don't ask me more than that. 
Next time, I would ask for a copy of the contract and take it home to read through the fine print first (not that it would matter).

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

20 hours ago, Kirk W said:

That does sound like a very good offer. 

Yes actually too good to be true. After some more thought and more E mail from

C W, seems that price is not set in stone. also a little high pressure gave me cause for concern. My gut feeling is to walk. Anytime I haven't gone with my gut feeling I've regretted it. 

G The G

If you still want to sell, try a couple of other dealers in the area and perhaps a consignment dealer. And let the people you spoke to at Camping World know what you are doing. And thanks for keeping folks here aware of your experiences. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I can't figure out if you want to sell or are you going to purchase a different one and trade it in.

With Camping World selling directly for that amount would be good.  Then you could anywhere to purchase a different one.

If they want to do a trade in for a different one then check your figures carefully.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

6 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

I can't figure out if you want to sell or are you going to purchase a different one and trade it in.

With Camping World selling directly for that amount would be good.  Then you could anywhere to purchase a different one.

If they want to do a trade in for a different one then check your figures carefully.

I want to sell and replace with a 4 season rig not that I want  to winter camp but early spring late fall would be warmer in a 4 season. I’ve not had much luck finding what I’d like to buy and prices are inflated. That explains why the good price offered. 

8 minutes ago, George the greek said:

I want to sell and replace with a 4 season rig not that I want  to winter camp but early spring late fall would be warmer in a 4 season. I’ve not had much luck finding what I’d like to buy and prices are inflated. That explains why the good price offered. 

Sell yours to Camping World for the high price and then go back in a few weeks and buy your new one or.... check out other dealers for your new one.

Full-timed for 16 Years

10 minutes ago, George the greek said:

I know two people who will likely be selling older Arctic Fox rigs soon. One travel trailer and one 5th wheel. They are both downsizing. If I was in that market I would buy either rig in a minute because I know how well they have been cared for. I have no vested interest in either rig; I have just been reading the owners' blogs for years and trust their honesty.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

On 10/30/2021 at 10:44 AM, Rich&Sylvia said:

I traded in a camper for a new used camper at Camping World.  They never even looked at the old camper - they had me drop it off in the back lot and then we did the paper work.
Note: the purchase of the new/used camper was paper from another company - not Camping World.  Camping World used a third party for the purchase and sale - don't ask me more than that. 
Next time, I would ask for a copy of the contract and take it home to read through the fine print first (not that it would matter).

The fine print absolutely matters in any contract. Anyone who intentionally does not read the fine print deserves the outcome.

The normal complaints abut extended service contracts can usually be traced back to not reading the fine print.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

19 minutes ago, Ray,IN said:

The fine print absolutely matters in any contract. Anyone who intentionally does not read the fine print deserves the outcome.

The normal complaints abut extended service contracts can usually be traced back to not reading the fine print.

I have irritated more than one salesperson by insisting on reading an entire contract before signing. And after. We didn't get the entire wording of an RV insurance policy until we paid for it only to learn one of its clauses invalidated the whole thing for us. Fortunately, they gave us a full refund when we pointed out to them they sold us something that wouldn't work for us even though we had explained our circumstances before buying. It pays to read.

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

1 hour ago, Ray,IN said:

I learned years ago to insist upon reading every word of any contract that I sign before I sign. I typically ask for a copy of the contract several days ahead of the actual transaction to take home and study at my leisure. If they won't supply an advance copy, I don't do business there. My wife was a loan officer in a bank way back in the 80's and she says that fewer than 10% of the customers actually read the entire contracts. She used to offer her customers an advance copy of a loan contract and only a few ever took one. Hopefully people are doing better about such things today. 

1 hour ago, bigjim said:

Linda do you think your friends will list them on escapees rv sales thread.  I am particulary interested in Arctic fox 29L depending of course on all the qualifiers of location, condition, and price. I would consider a 5th wheel.

I don't know. I think both have been Escapees but do not know if either is a member now. I can suggest it to them.

Linda

25 minutes ago, sandsys said:

I don't know. I think both have been Escapees but do not know if either is a member now. I can suggest it to them.

Linda

Perhaps you could give Bigjim their phone #, if they agree and are serious about selling it, to contact them personally.  No need to advertise it here.

Full-timed for 16 Years

On 10/30/2021 at 2:41 PM, Kirk W said:

If you still want to sell, try a couple of other dealers in the area and perhaps a consignment dealer. And let the people you spoke to at Camping World know what you are doing. And thanks for keeping folks here aware of your experiences. 

Spent the day getting the camper ready. Washed exterior cleared out all my personal belongings and deep cleaned the interior. Headed to C W in the morning. I will let you know how ot goes or works out

George the Greek

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I made the deal with camping world, and thought I'd let you know how it went. I was offered a price and was told it was a firm offer unless they found water damage or hail damage. I showed up for the meeting with the camper. First red flag was no one knew I was coming even though I had a "VIP" appointment. After about 15 minutes I was assigned to someone to make the deal. We went out and inspected the camper together. Back in the office he ran some numbers and came up with a price that was $4,000 less than the firm offer. 

I kept my cool and was ready to walk. I asked him what he found wrong with my camper, and he agreed it was in very good condition. I had a feeling this would happen and had a number in my head as the lowest I would accept. so, we talked a while more. when I asked what his counteroffer was, he said none! 

Ready to go back home with my camper, I pointed to the number he had written as the new offer and told him "If you change this 2 to a 5, we have a deal" otherwise you have wasted both of our time. I got the line "let me talk to my manager. it's all a game they play. 10 minutes later he comes back and tells me he had to work hard to get me my number, but manager finally said "OK" I just chuckled.

I did not get the firm offer number but got the number I wanted. Yes, I could have sold privately and gotten more but did not want the hassle and wanted the quick deal. the check was to come 3-5 days later, and I withheld signing the title until I saw the check. check finally came 3 weeks later after many phone calls.

in the end I got what I wanted but so much B S came with the deal I'm just glad it's done

George the Greek

6 minutes ago, George the greek said:

in the end I got what I wanted but so much B S came with the deal

Sounds pretty typical of most dealing with either an RV dealer or a car dealer. I think that they both go to the same school. ☺️  Glad that you got what you wanted. 

Every vehicle I have bought since about 1990 was bought at auction or rarely from an individual as I just cannot stand the crap games with car sales people or rv sales. This includes the dealers. I would not have had your patience George. If I am correct you had to haul it from Elephant Butte Lake to either Las Cruces, El Paso, or Albq. to see them try to jack you around. Big congratulations of beating them.