All In

Sparky242

When all in today,  I started using my 2000 Volvo 610 about two years ago and I kept my 2004 Ford F-350 DWR just incase the Volvo didn't work out.  This week I looked at the miles that I have put on the Ford since I started driving the Volvo and it was about 2000 miles in 2 years so today I sold it, cant see it sit and deteriorate. I bought the Ford new and really enjoyed it.   Sad to see it go but the Volvo is so much better(and so much more fun)  When someone asks why I need a HDT there are lots of reasons, Braking,power,visibility, but I just tell them it is just plain fun 

2000 Volvo VNL 610

2011 Cedar Creek 36RE

I did the same. I kept the Duramax for a while just in case.  I do miss it but I have a suburban now. Being the scoutmaster its nice being able to pack more passengers in. If I need a pickup I can swipe one from the farm. Otherwise I just use the freightliner.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

After we bought the Volvo, I kept my F-350 for three more years before deciding I could down-size to an F-150 for daily work duty.  I don't regret it.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

I know that feeling, I kept my F-350 mostly just to park the 5th wheel in our storage lot, then they finally let me move to a better spot that I could park the camper and hdt side by side with room to back in. Traded the truck for a Explorer and never looked back.

Edited by dblr

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Howdy All,

This must be a "thing", I sold the 3500 Ram, after keeping it around for 3 years after buying the Freightliner, just didn't use it and it was worth less every day it sat, lost $$$$$$$$$$ big time on that deal after buying it new and only putting 89,000 miles on it in 13 years.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

I kept my '94 Ram 2500 Cummins truck because it's value (book-wise) is near zero and it double duties as a plow truck and "farm" truck for me.  I have a place to keep it and it doesn't really cost me much to keep the extra vehicle on line.

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

On 8/28/2021 at 10:09 PM, Sparky242 said:

When all in today,  I started using my 2000 Volvo 610 about two years ago and I kept my 2004 Ford F-350 DWR just incase the Volvo didn't work out.  This week I looked at the miles that I have put on the Ford since I started driving the Volvo and it was about 2000 miles in 2 years so today I sold it, cant see it sit and deteriorate. I bought the Ford new and really enjoyed it.   Sad to see it go but the Volvo is so much better(and so much more fun)  When someone asks why I need a HDT there are lots of reasons, Braking,power,visibility, but I just tell them it is just plain fun 

Your right. It is just plain fun!

I think were going back to a Ram. But then again may sell the Kenworth and 5th wheel. Were talking it over, but feel were going back to a Truck camper. Triple slide and back to smaller foot print.

Still miss my last Truck camper. Sure is nice to pull into about any place. If the truck fits the camper is there.

event.png

14 hours ago, Av8r3400 said:

I kept my '94 Ram 2500 Cummins truck because it's value (book-wise) is near zero and it double duties as a plow truck and "farm" truck for me.  I have a place to keep it and it doesn't really cost me much to keep the extra vehicle on line.

I like the quote beneath the picture of your rig. A similar thought is " I want to die with memories...not dreams."

22 hours ago, Av8r3400 said:

I still have my P-pump 12 valve 98 Ram with NV4500 5 speed.  The "Holy Grail" of the pre electronic motors that started in 98 1/2 model year.

I plan to keep it. No need to get rid of a perfectly good durable drive train, until the Dodge jiggly bits fall off.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

12 hours ago, Parrformance said:

I still have my P-pump 12 valve 98 Ram with NV4500 5 speed.  The "Holy Grail" of the pre electronic motors that started in 98 1/2 model year.

I plan to keep it. No need to get rid of a perfectly good durable drive train, until the Dodge jiggly bits fall off.

Yours being all mechanical will still be running when all the plastic electronics are long gone....

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins