Man this pandemic is messing with my weight!

RV_

https://i.imgur.com/btBTG7Il.jpg

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

The pandemic has made me stay at home more. Getting bored at home I tend to snack more. Snacking more tends to make me gain more weight. I’m told catching the virus makes you loose weight? So far I’ve been healthy and fat. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Having to do our own cooking we decided to take the time to cook more from scratch and use healthier ingredients.  It has been working.  Almost no sugar, very little prepared food (we do not make our own pasta), using whole grains when possible and controlling portions.  Neither of us was that into snacking, so that was easy.  Biscuits made using whole wheat pastry flour are quite tasty with Irish butter.  Anyway we are both having to buy smaller clothes.  I have pants with labels still on them that are too large.  Luckily an Aloha (Hawaiian) shirt that is a couple sizes too large still looks OK.  

Bought an Instant Pot in November to give it a try.  It is a winner and we use it more than we expected.  

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

Bill sounds like you've done a lot better with the pandemic than me. Keep it up! I am proud for you. I eat healthy (except too much candy) and seconds/thirds on our healthy food! I just need to get back to regular exercise and stop being a couch potato.

Jaydrvr, thanks for figuring out the html for the pic for here!

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

i am getting fat, as no place to go out to eat except a grease burger joint. can not even ride a bicycle around these hills. plus it is winter with some ice on the roads, and (hurray we get some rain now)

then i try to take care of my mom, who is now a "locked in" cause of the mess. only place to go is a burger joint. no real restaurants open. but my daily life has not changed. wake up go to work, get off work go home, sleep, get up. repeat. repeat. etc.

have not even had a pizza in over four months. the one down the street had to shut down cause he could not pay his bills, or even get any workers. the mexican restaurant across the hwy has shut down cause no body could sit and eat there. heck even a deli had to close down. small town here so this is a BIG loss.

at least to me going out to eat had something to offer other than just food. heck even a in and out was a once every couple weeks treat.

Well, I lost 18# the last month; however that month in the hospital and 2 weeks in anursing home was not pleasant.

too big.jpg

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Years ago I was eating at restaruant with co-workers and one said his uncle had just died recently. He said it was a problem since he died in the bathroom and he had a 4.0 body but the bathroom only had a 2.0 door.  It struck me as so funny I ended up doing a spit take with my iced tea and could not stop laughing for at least 5 minutes.

For those that don't know doors are often stated in width of openning in terms like 2.0-2ft, 2.6- 2ft 6in. etc.  I help get a guy out of a motorhome bedroom years  ago and the hallway and inner door were fairly narrow and he was passed out so limp and completely dead weight.  WOW, I think I am starting a new diet right away.😀

My wife Alie was a Hospice nurse for a long time.  In NC the nurse can pronounce the deceased and call the funeral home.  At night and on weekends  I used to drive her and became a hospice volunteer so I could go inside and help if needed (HIPPA).  There were a few patients that were of the large size, and never on the first floor. The funeral home pick up guys had stories that were hilarious when told privately of course....

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

You guys are hilarious!

Ray what were you in for? PM me if private.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

btBTG7Il.jpg

This was a test thanks Jay!

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998