Got our Appointment for Covid Vaccine in Arizona!

Barbaraok

We got appointments for Covid-19 vaccines this morning (2 hrs on the website starting at 6:00 am) for January 29th!   That was the first available date.  All dates for the "POD" (Points of Distribution) through the state are now full for January and thought Maricopa County says that pharmacies are now doing it, when you go to those identified pharmacies (at Albertson/Safeway) THEY ARE LISTED AS FULL THROUGH APRIL!    To say the county hasn't got this figured out yet is  an understatement!

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

To say the county hasn't got this figured out yet is  an understatement!

While that is no question a true statement, it does seem that things are beginning to improve and I would expect that they will continue to do so. 

Great to hear the good news!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

It was obvious that they hadn't done test runs with the pharmacies to see that the websites that they would be directing people to were up and running.   Yes, it is better than nothing, and we could actually get an appointment sooner (like 1 week)  if we were willing to travel 90+ minutes to Glendale to get the shots at the Cardinal Stadium which is now running 24 hrs a day!   Traveling after dark is something that we will avoid if at all possible - - we've isolated this long, I will do it a couple of more weeks without a problem.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Congratulations!

Although Yuma County is now doing people 75 & over, I've still not been able to schedule an appointment.  Part of the problem is that the county only gets a small supply of vaccine, they only do vaccinations three days a week and they only have one location where the vaccines are given.  I'll keep trying, but if we can't get appointments by the end of this month, because of the wait for the second dose, we'll have to wait until we get back home.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

I envy all of you that have appointments - I’m in the 65-75 category so think I have a long wait here in Arizona.  I did get an email from Banner that they are going to be giving out the vaccine in Maricopa County so perhaps I’ll go there when the time comes, since they have become my health care provider.  Only thing is that I only have my space until the end of the month and have plans to head to Quartzsite for February.

Arizona is moving the age down to 65 next week from 75, so there is hope if they get their act together.  

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

Got an email from Yuma County Health Department.  They have no more vaccines and suggested making an appointment in Maricopa County.  They gave the URL to do so which happens to be the website I've been using to try and make an appointment in Yuma County.  Anyway, changed the Zip Code to a Maricopa County Zip Code -- they had 3 locations where they were giving vaccinations.   No open appointments through the middle of February.  🤥

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

15 minutes ago, LindaH said:

Got an email from Yuma County Health Department.  They have no more vaccines and suggested making an appointment in Maricopa County.  They gave the URL to do so which happens to be the website I've been using to try and make an appointment in Yuma County.  Anyway, changed the Zip Code to a Maricopa County Zip Code -- they had 3 locations where they were giving vaccinations.   No open appointments through the middle of February.  🤥

Try the first of the week, they are opening more drive up vaccination sites in addition to Cardinal Stadium for February.   They are also lowering age to 65, so 700,000 seniors in the valley will be looking for sites.  Good luck, I started at 6:00 am when they opened the websites for our reservations.   Have you looked at Pima County?

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

1 hour ago, bobsallyh said:

Linda H. There is another article in this AM (Saturday) Yuma Sun for appointments next week.

https://www.yumasun.com/covid-19/more-covid-19-vaccines-arrive-on-tuesday/article_3f21d58c-57a3-11eb-b109-2385379a594f.html

I got an email from Yuma County last night with this information.  I have it on my calendar to call them on Tuesday, 1/19 @ 1:00 PM when appointments open up to see if I can schedule appointments for DH and me.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

I got an appointment online today for February (today was the day they started February appointments), but think in my haste to get in, I might have answered one of the questions wrong.  I meant to answer that I was not a critical worker, only over 65, but think I might have accidentally answered as something else.  I got an appointment but the email says to bring eligibility for prioritized 1B, which I’m not.  And it’s at the stadium in Glendale - I thought the over-65 group was only at Phoenix Municipal Stadium.  I don’t know how I can change it now (I did try but of course, all of the appointments are gone).  I don’t know if I should just cancel the appointment and try again in March or what I should do - I think I’d rather cancel than be turned away (if I don’t have the appointment I may not come back to the Phoenix area, if I don’t have to).

Any suggestions?

Edited by fpmtngal
Clarification of when the appointment actually is

1 hour ago, fpmtngal said:

I got an appointment online today for February (today was the day they started February appointments), but think in my haste to get in, I might have answered one of the questions wrong.  I meant to answer that I was not a critical worker, only over 65, but think I might have accidentally answered as something else.  I got an appointment but the email says to bring eligibility for prioritized 1B, which I’m not.  And it’s at the stadium in Glendale - I thought the over-65 group was only at Phoenix Municipal Stadium.  I don’t know how I can change it now (I did try but of course, all of the appointments are gone).  I don’t know if I should just cancel the appointment and try again in March or what I should do - I think I’d rather cancel than be turned away (if I don’t have the appointment I may not come back to the Phoenix area, if I don’t have to).

Any suggestions?

Go, they will have set aside the vaccine for you.  Your are a cancer patient as well as over 65, that should do it for you.  They opened up all sites to over 65 as they are now included with the IB group.  Don't look back, just GO!

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

2 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

Go, they will have set aside the vaccine for you.  Your are a cancer patient as well as over 65, that should do it for you.  They opened up all sites to over 65 as they are now included with the IB group.  Don't look back, just GO!

Thank you for the re-assurance, I got really spooked when I saw the email confirmation.  My appointment is Feb. 19th.  

Thanks again!

1 hour ago, fpmtngal said:

Thank you for the re-assurance, I got really spooked when I saw the email confirmation.  My appointment is Feb. 19th.  

Thanks again!

I just got a text from the AZ Republic reporter who is doing daily texts on the virus.  Phoenix Municipal Stadium filled up right away and computer defaults to Cardinal Stadium automatically.  They are almost full for February.  You’re right where you need to be! 😉

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

1 hour ago, George the greek said:

I got an E mail from the V A  in Wisconsin to come in and get the vaccine, but I'm in Yuma right now

I am in Yuma as well, and got an email saying that they had about 2500 doses for anyone over 65, but you have to call starting a 1:00 PM today to make an appointment. I started calling right an 1:00 but got the busy signal, so hung up and dialed again. I did this until about 1:30 when I got through to a ringing phone, but no one picked up and it disconnected after three minutes.  When I dialed again, I got a message that is was a non working number, so I presume that meant that all the spots were filled.
I looked at my phone at the end of this and saw that I had dialed the number 180 times.  Worse than trying to get tickets for a concert through Ticketmaster.

Edited by pjstough

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J