Jump to content

Got our Appointment for Covid Vaccine in Arizona!


Recommended Posts

We got appointments for Covid-19 vaccines this morning (2 hrs on the website starting at 6:00 am) for January 29th!   That was the first available date.  All dates for the "POD" (Points of Distribution) through the state are now full for January and thought Maricopa County says that pharmacies are now doing it, when you go to those identified pharmacies (at Albertson/Safeway) THEY ARE LISTED AS FULL THROUGH APRIL!    To say the county hasn't got this figured out yet is  an understatement!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

To say the county hasn't got this figured out yet is  an understatement!

While that is no question a true statement, it does seem that things are beginning to improve and I would expect that they will continue to do so. 

Great to hear the good news!

Link to post
Share on other sites

It was obvious that they hadn't done test runs with the pharmacies to see that the websites that they would be directing people to were up and running.   Yes, it is better than nothing, and we could actually get an appointment sooner (like 1 week)  if we were willing to travel 90+ minutes to Glendale to get the shots at the Cardinal Stadium which is now running 24 hrs a day!   Traveling after dark is something that we will avoid if at all possible - - we've isolated this long, I will do it a couple of more weeks without a problem.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations!

Although Yuma County is now doing people 75 & over, I've still not been able to schedule an appointment.  Part of the problem is that the county only gets a small supply of vaccine, they only do vaccinations three days a week and they only have one location where the vaccines are given.  I'll keep trying, but if we can't get appointments by the end of this month, because of the wait for the second dose, we'll have to wait until we get back home.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I envy all of you that have appointments - I’m in the 65-75 category so think I have a long wait here in Arizona.  I did get an email from Banner that they are going to be giving out the vaccine in Maricopa County so perhaps I’ll go there when the time comes, since they have become my health care provider.  Only thing is that I only have my space until the end of the month and have plans to head to Quartzsite for February.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got an email from Yuma County Health Department.  They have no more vaccines and suggested making an appointment in Maricopa County.  They gave the URL to do so which happens to be the website I've been using to try and make an appointment in Yuma County.  Anyway, changed the Zip Code to a Maricopa County Zip Code -- they had 3 locations where they were giving vaccinations.   No open appointments through the middle of February.  🤥

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LindaH said:

Got an email from Yuma County Health Department.  They have no more vaccines and suggested making an appointment in Maricopa County.  They gave the URL to do so which happens to be the website I've been using to try and make an appointment in Yuma County.  Anyway, changed the Zip Code to a Maricopa County Zip Code -- they had 3 locations where they were giving vaccinations.   No open appointments through the middle of February.  🤥

Try the first of the week, they are opening more drive up vaccination sites in addition to Cardinal Stadium for February.   They are also lowering age to 65, so 700,000 seniors in the valley will be looking for sites.  Good luck, I started at 6:00 am when they opened the websites for our reservations.   Have you looked at Pima County?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like they are going to open up reservations for February on Tuesday, at least for the Phoenix Municipal Stadium.  I got the impression from Pinal County’s website, they aren’t going to be doing the 65-74 age group anytime soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bobsallyh said:

Linda H. There is another article in this AM (Saturday) Yuma Sun for appointments next week.

https://www.yumasun.com/covid-19/more-covid-19-vaccines-arrive-on-tuesday/article_3f21d58c-57a3-11eb-b109-2385379a594f.html

I got an email from Yuma County last night with this information.  I have it on my calendar to call them on Tuesday, 1/19 @ 1:00 PM when appointments open up to see if I can schedule appointments for DH and me.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got an appointment online today for February (today was the day they started February appointments), but think in my haste to get in, I might have answered one of the questions wrong.  I meant to answer that I was not a critical worker, only over 65, but think I might have accidentally answered as something else.  I got an appointment but the email says to bring eligibility for prioritized 1B, which I’m not.  And it’s at the stadium in Glendale - I thought the over-65 group was only at Phoenix Municipal Stadium.  I don’t know how I can change it now (I did try but of course, all of the appointments are gone).  I don’t know if I should just cancel the appointment and try again in March or what I should do - I think I’d rather cancel than be turned away (if I don’t have the appointment I may not come back to the Phoenix area, if I don’t have to).

Any suggestions?

Edited by fpmtngal
Clarification of when the appointment actually is
Link to post
Share on other sites

  My wife just went to her appointment for her vaccination.  I will have to wait as I am not in that age group.

  We are in Montana for the winter.

 

  Safe travels and yours ASAP.    Vern

Edited by Wrknrvr
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fpmtngal said:

I got an appointment online today for February (today was the day they started February appointments), but think in my haste to get in, I might have answered one of the questions wrong.  I meant to answer that I was not a critical worker, only over 65, but think I might have accidentally answered as something else.  I got an appointment but the email says to bring eligibility for prioritized 1B, which I’m not.  And it’s at the stadium in Glendale - I thought the over-65 group was only at Phoenix Municipal Stadium.  I don’t know how I can change it now (I did try but of course, all of the appointments are gone).  I don’t know if I should just cancel the appointment and try again in March or what I should do - I think I’d rather cancel than be turned away (if I don’t have the appointment I may not come back to the Phoenix area, if I don’t have to).

Any suggestions?

Go, they will have set aside the vaccine for you.  Your are a cancer patient as well as over 65, that should do it for you.  They opened up all sites to over 65 as they are now included with the IB group.  Don't look back, just GO!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

Go, they will have set aside the vaccine for you.  Your are a cancer patient as well as over 65, that should do it for you.  They opened up all sites to over 65 as they are now included with the IB group.  Don't look back, just GO!

Thank you for the re-assurance, I got really spooked when I saw the email confirmation.  My appointment is Feb. 19th.  

Thanks again!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fpmtngal said:

Thank you for the re-assurance, I got really spooked when I saw the email confirmation.  My appointment is Feb. 19th.  

Thanks again!

I just got a text from the AZ Republic reporter who is doing daily texts on the virus.  Phoenix Municipal Stadium filled up right away and computer defaults to Cardinal Stadium automatically.  They are almost full for February.  You’re right where you need to be! 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, George the greek said:

I got an E mail from the V A  in Wisconsin to come in and get the vaccine, but I'm in Yuma right now

  

I am in Yuma as well, and got an email saying that they had about 2500 doses for anyone over 65, but you have to call starting a 1:00 PM today to make an appointment. I started calling right an 1:00 but got the busy signal, so hung up and dialed again. I did this until about 1:30 when I got through to a ringing phone, but no one picked up and it disconnected after three minutes.  When I dialed again, I got a message that is was a non working number, so I presume that meant that all the spots were filled.
I looked at my phone at the end of this and saw that I had dialed the number 180 times.  Worse than trying to get tickets for a concert through Ticketmaster.

Edited by pjstough
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

RVers Online University

campgroundviews.com

Our program provides accurate individual wheel weights for your RV, toad, and tow vehicle, and will help you trim the pounds if you need to.

DFW RV Roof

RVAir The cleanest air in RVing!

Rv Share

Dish For My RV.

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.

The Rvers- Now Streaming

AGS Now Hiring

RV Pet Safety

RVTravel.com Logo



×
×
  • Create New...