Got our Appointment for Covid Vaccine in Arizona!

Barbaraok

Correct, but the percentage is adjusted upward for diverse communities. 

As of Jan. 11.  Washington state, according to state numbers, have used 32% of their vaccine.  It is hard to find ANY meaningful numbers for Washington.  From personal experience dealing with the Governor on fire emergencies he does not believe in being transparent or sharing information with the public.

To show you how bad Washington state is doing. 

The state has been vaccinating at the local sports center for the past week.  When you try to sign up for a vaccination at the sports center on Washington state web site, you get the message no clinic available.  The Costco Pharmacy located in Douglas County is shown as being in Chelan County!!!  It is a total mess.

Found this comment:  "The distribution should have been given to the military or to Amazon, or any entity that is a proven expert at logistics."

The Bush2 Administration spent a LOT of taxpayer money training the medical system on the Incident Command System and its use.  The Governors and most of the medical community has REFUSED to use OR even ask the agencies like Inter-Agency Fire Center for help in LOGISTICS. 

There are ICS teams sitting, waiting for fire season with great expertise in LOGISTICS and PUBLIC INFORMATION. The one exception, Governor Inslee used a Federal team last spring to write his press releases.

Seattle Times article on the mess in Washington state:https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/here-are-the-roadblocks-facing-many-people-in-the-seattle-area-trying-to-get-covid-19-vaccine/

Edited by Vladimir

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The most concise list of how states are doing is https://covidactnow.org/ . Go to "Compare", select "States", select "Vaccinated (1st shot) and at the bottom of the list select "view all states".  Washington is in the middle of the pack at 6.9% at the time I looked, with Texas, California, Arizona, Nevada and Idaho all doing worse.  The best 5 are Alaska (12.5%), West Virginia, Connecticut, New Mexico, and North Dakota (8.8%) and the worst 5 states are Iowa (5.8%), Illinois, Kansas, Idaho and Missouri (5.1%).  I am in Arizona.  

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

26 minutes ago, Bill Joyce said:

The most concise list of how states are doing

I guess that one must define "how states are doing" before we know what site is best. An interesting thing to compare is the population of each of the states along with the % of that population vaccinated, since the logistics for small populations are quite different from those with large populations. Alaska, at #1 has vaccinated 12.5% of their 752,000 population. Texas has only 6.5% of their 29 million population.

It is also interesting to compare how well the states are doing in using the vaccine that they have been sent. You can do that by checking out one of my favorite information sources, the Hospital Report.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Kirk: Even accounting for population, some small population states are not doing well by either measure and some larger population states are doing fairly well.  These numbers also depend on timelines and accuracy of reporting, which is questionable.  I do know not to trust the politicians. But my feeling is most states are getting their act together and will be ready for how much vaccine they get allocated in a few weeks.  Now to get the vaccines manufactured, distributed to the USA (and other countries) and out to the states.  It can't come soon enough.  

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

5 hours ago, Bill Joyce said:

It can't come soon enough.  

That is the key point that I believe most of us are seeking indications of. I too think that states will gain rapidly as they figure things out. There has never been anything even close to this scale for them to use as a guide. There also seems to be improvement in the supply system to the states. 

My wife and I received our 2nd Moderna vaccine shot last night, at Christus St. Michael Clinic in Texarkana, Texas.   We are out of state residents, here visiting family for the snowbird season, no problem.   We registered in person on Jan 4, 1st shot on Jan 6, then 2nd on Feb 3.   The whole process was extremely smooth, no hitches, no mistakes,   Both doses, DW had no reactions, I had fever, muscle aches, headache.   Kirk mentioned Tylenol after shot... that clearly helps.    Thanks, Kirk!

We are smiling ear-to-ear... thankful the Good Lord provided Science.

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

We got our FIRST COVID shot today. Had to drive 45 miles to the appointment, b ut was well worth the drive.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

2 hours ago, TXiceman said:

We got our FIRST COVID shot today.

We got our second one today! Such a relief but now we wait 4 - 6 weeks for the best protection. We only traveled about 2 blocks as our senior living community brought the vaccinations to us.