Got our Appointment for Covid Vaccine in Arizona!

Barbaraok

On 1/11/2021 at 11:41 AM, Barbaraok said:

We got appointments for Covid-19 vaccines this morning (2 hrs on the website starting at 6:00 am) for January 29th!   That was the first available date.  All dates for the "POD" (Points of Distribution) through the state are now full for January and thought Maricopa County says that pharmacies are now doing it, when you go to those identified pharmacies (at Albertson/Safeway) THEY ARE LISTED AS FULL THROUGH APRIL!    To say the county hasn't got this figured out yet is  an understatement!

Pretty much the same situation here in upstate NY.  I tried the state, county & commercial websites & they all showed no appointments for at least January & February.  Did another early morning check of the various sites & one of our drug stores had a few appointments; snagged one for January 29th.  

Now the problem seems to be a lack of vaccine.  They have been rescheduling appointments & closing large vaccination centers in Onondaga county.  It appears the federal distribution system is delivering fewer doses than promised.  Hope they don't cancel mine...

150150.jpg.30f49e1e712c4af11a1e8f523a24f5d1.jpg

Travel photos RV Blogs Journals & Travelogues at:
http://www.lakeshoreimages.com
My Travel Blog - Jon's Journeys

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a question for you folks. Does your state publish the number of people who have been vaccinated in your state ? The state of Ohio has only done 4% of the population in the state as of 01-19-21. 

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

36 minutes ago, alan0043 said:

Does your state publish the number of people who have been vaccinated in your state ?

If you visit the site of Hospital Review, they publish the numbers reported by each state and they list the states in the order of the percentage of vaccine supplied compare the the amount that has been administered. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

2 hours ago, Kirk W said:

If you visit the site of Hospital Review, they publish the numbers reported by each state and they list the states in the order of the percentage of vaccine supplied compare the the amount that has been administered. 

Hello Kirk,

Thank you for the link.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Today we had our first shots, went very smooth, even with filling out paperwork and a 15 minute wait after the shot it took 45 minutes. DH is 75 but never received confirmation of appt, we showed up and this didn't phase them at all, essential we were drive-ins with no proof of appt. I am 74 which for the State(AZ) is open, for the county(which we are in) the 65-74 is still closed. No problem, State Farm Stadium is a state site so they gave us both the shot.

By the time we were home we had an email saying to schedule our 2nd shot, logged on and did that. 2nd shot is 2/13. The website the state created is so-so, DH doesn't get emails but I do. The organization at the stadium was great, no lines, minimal waiting, smooth flowing.

Good going AZ.

12 hours ago, SWharton said:

Today we had our first shots, went very smooth, even with filling out paperwork and a 15 minute wait after the shot it took 45 minutes. DH is 75 but never received confirmation of appt, we showed up and this didn't phase them at all, essential we were drive-ins with no proof of appt. I am 74 which for the State(AZ) is open, for the county(which we are in) the 65-74 is still closed. No problem, State Farm Stadium is a state site so they gave us both the shot.

By the time we were home we had an email saying to schedule our 2nd shot, logged on and did that. 2nd shot is 2/13. The website the state created is so-so, DH doesn't get emails but I do. The organization at the stadium was great, no lines, minimal waiting, smooth flowing.

Good going AZ.

If I understand your situation, you had an appointment but never received a confirmation?  I wonder what time of day you were there - I have an appointment at 10:30 on the 19th and wondered how much time I should allow for it all.  If you were there in the middle of the day, I would hope I’d have a similar experience.

We had a 7:27 and arrived around 7. I just read an article online that the State is actively doing everyone in the car, if qualified and sometimes not qualified. This is planned on their part based on the number of no shows and cancels for the day. The county is not doing that.

Good luck

Got our vaccinations today in a small town in Arizona.  Drive through and only two cars ahead of us.... had to have a time slot.  This town only received 400 vaccinations so we were lucky to get one.  Nearby Tucson is difficult to get a vaccine. That was 5 hr. ago and no effects... yet.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I got logged on to the site at 9:00 am Tuesday here in AZ, and was finally able to snag an appointment for Feb 4 at the Cardinals Stadium.  DW will be going with me, and even though she is just too young for the 65-75 group, she will probably be able to get her shot too.  By evening on the news, they were already reporting that the earliest appointment times were the 19th and later in February, so we got real lucky.

On 1/22/2021 at 7:41 AM, SWharton said:

We had a 7:27 and arrived around 7. I just read an article online that the State is actively doing everyone in the car, if qualified and sometimes not qualified. This is planned on their part based on the number of no shows and cancels for the day. The county is not doing that.

Good luck

I feel rather ignorant about any of the procedures that they are doing now, since I hadn’t planned on being able to get an appointment for February.  Do you stay in your car like they do with the testing? Or is there a tent affair where you park and walk up to somewhere?  I can’t have shots etc. in my left arm so will need to get out of my truck so they can use my right arm.

1 hour ago, fpmtngal said:

I feel rather ignorant about any of the procedures that they are doing now, since I hadn’t planned on being able to get an appointment for February.  Do you stay in your car like they do with the testing? Or is there a tent affair where you park and walk up to somewhere?  I can’t have shots etc. in my left arm so will need to get out of my truck so they can use my right arm.

From our experience they can do either arm while you are in the vehicle as long as they can reach the other arm.  If you put your vehicle in park and turn your body to the side so they can reach you right arm that's great.  However, I'll bet you'd be able to get out of your vehicle for the 30 sec. it takes to give the vaccine.  I wouldn't worry about it.  They'll adjust.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

4 hours ago, fpmtngal said:

Here in FL they do it in the car. We sit on the side of the car where we want our arm to be available, i.e. my DW sat in the passenger seat so her right arm was accessible, but we did need to open the door for a sec. Jay

I’m solo so I don’t have a choice about which seat I’m in.  I’ll re-arrange things so that I can move the seat further back to try to twist around - it might actually work.  But I think it would be easier if I just get out of the truck for the few seconds it will take.

Thanks for the extra info - I hadn’t actually considered the logistics of it until today.

Got our Pfizer vaccinations today in Phoenix area.  Got one joke on our Texas license plates (all Texas plates stay in the right line) - only 2 lines going in and we were already in the right lane. 😉  Otherwise no one batted an eye.  Was really quick, stayed in our car, arrived at 11:20 left the area at 11:55.  They had 10 lanes of cars going through, were using Chandler-Gilbert Community College campus which has classes online, so plenty of room.  Dignity Health was running the site, had nurses, nursing students, EMTs, and volunteers helping as well as Police directing people where to go.  

Daveshot.jpeg

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

17 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Got our Pfizer vaccinations today in Phoenix area.

Great news! We are scheduled for our second of Moderna on Thursday.

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I spent about 20 hours this week trying to get an appointment in Washington state.

I did finally send a letter to the Governor that he should resign his office. 

It is a total cluster.  It seems that in Washington state the vaccinations are going to the folks that KNOW folks.  Several articles in the newspapers that the priority is well connected individuals, particularly in western Washington.

It also appears that the initial shipment in Washington state went to "diverse" communities.  All my friends in rural, diverse communities have been vaccinated.

Our local hospital is still limiting vaccinations to 80 year old plus. 

I really don't care about priorities....but I want my 20 hours back from trying to find a open site. 

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

1 hour ago, Vladimir said:

I spent about 20 hours this week trying to get an appointment in Washington state.

I did finally send a letter to the Governor that he should resign his office. 

It is a total cluster.  It seems that in Washington state the vaccinations are going to the folks that KNOW folks.  Several articles in the newspapers that the priority is well connected individuals, particularly in western Washington.

It also appears that the initial shipment in Washington state went to "diverse" communities.  All my friends in rural, diverse communities have been vaccinated.

Our local hospital is still limiting vaccinations to 80 year old plus. 

I really don't care about priorities....but I want my 20 hours back from trying to find a open site. 

My sister who is in Mill Creek, got hers at the Everett Clinic center that she goes to.  The Paine Field one filled up quickly, but then opened up again so most of her friends (over 70) have gotten them.  Additionally, she said there are Amazon popup clinics that KOMO TV has a link for on their website - just have to be on line at the right time.     And yes, the wet side is getting more vaccine because more people live on the wet side.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

52 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

My sister who is in Mill Creek, got hers at the Everett Clinic center that she goes to.  The Paine Field one filled up quickly, but then opened up again so most of her friends (over 70) have gotten them.  Additionally, she said there are Amazon popup clinics that KOMO TV has a link for on their website - just have to be on line at the right time.     And yes, the wet side is getting more vaccine because more people live on the wet side.

Actually not.  Eastern Washington is probably getting MORE vaccine's than western Washington since we have much more diverse communities over here and that is the state priority. 

Just this afternoon, I talked to a friend that one of the problems is western Washington residents booking appointments in eastern Washington.

But that aside....I want the HOURS back that I spent trying to get an appointment.

Edited by Vladimir

Vladimr Steblina

usbackroads.blogspot.com

1 hour ago, Vladimir said:

Actually not.  Eastern Washington is probably getting MORE vaccine's than western Washington since we have much more diverse communities over here and that is the state priority. 

Just this afternoon, I talked to a friend that one of the problems is western Washington residents booking appointments in eastern Washington.

But that aside....I want the HOURS back that I spent trying to get an appointment.

You have more diverse populations than Seattle and Tacoma?  Really?  

All states are having problems with old computer systems/websites that don't function like they should.   And most states could have state of the art websites/databases if they state governmental offices would just ask the universities in the state to get their computer science departments to work on it.   But they won't, they just clunk along.     

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

18 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

You have more diverse populations than Seattle and Tacoma?  Really?  

Yep, based on the 2010 census data, adjusted.  I suspect Snohomish and Pierce will drop out after the 2020 census from the top 10. 

First three counties in Washington state are all in eastern Washington.  They are majority-minority counties.

Number 4 is also a eastern Washington county, just under 50%.

Number 5 is King, Number 8 is Pierce, and number 10 is Snohomish.

https://statisticalatlas.com/region/West/Race-and-Ethnicity

BUT, getting back on topic.....the vaccination roll-out in Washington by the state has been a disaster.  The counties and local public health districts are now limiting vaccinations to OVER 75 after the Governor dropped it to 65!!!!  That made HIM and his wife eligible for vaccination.

The good news is I sent a letter to the Governor of Washington State asking him to resign over the vaccination mess.   I just got a e-mail back thanking me for my letter and great advice.

Does this mean he is considering resigning??  One can only hope.

I spent 35 years working emergency management operations as a "part-time job".   If Covid-19 is not an emergency and quite frankly, the medical community has refused to treat it as such.....then what is???

All the cynical comments by me aside.  I am really frustrated by the states wasting millions of hours of people's time as they try to get a vaccination. 

Start at age 80 and work you way down!!!  It is pretty simply.  The highest risk folks get vaccinated first, and there are less of them and then it will quickly move down the age scale.

It is not rocket science....just common sense.  Oops, almost made another cynical comment.

Edited by Vladimir

Vladimr Steblina

usbackroads.blogspot.com