Changing address

We are having a new problem with an old address. We used to get prescriptions through Walgreens but stopped doing that when we went full time in 2008. A couple days ago I had a flu shot through a service Walgreens offered in our current apartment complex. The printout has that old address and contact information on it. We can't update it online because it wants us to use that house's phone number or that Comcast email address neither of which we can access. It never occurred to us that we needed to change our address and contact information at places we weren't using anymore but apparently we did. So, I thought I'd give a heads up here to those of you just heading out.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Did it effect your ability to do what you needed to do? If you don't use them anymore for the prior reason for giving them the info why try to update it? Have no fear, if they want to find you hard enough they will most likely be able to. Just my opinion and not researched regarding any laws or regulations. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

I recently had a prescription filled at Walgreens as I needed it right away and it was not going to be long term. The tech at the window asked me for my zip code and I gave him or current one. He paused and then said that is not what I have on file. I told him we had moved so he asked me a couple other questions to make sure I was me (why he did not ask for photo ID is beyond me) and then he changed it in their system.

Perhaps, you can get it changed in person?

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

15 hours ago, Chalkie said:

Perhaps, you can get it changed in person?

Going to try telephone first. My concern was for people about to hit the road who may not be able to refill prescriptions online unless they change their data before leaving their previous home.

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Why would people have trouble filling their prescriptions if they use one of the nationwide pharmacy or mail pharmacy and order on line?    As to updating addresses, just log in and edit addresses and telephone numbers, assuming you have set up online accounts.   We've been doing that since 2001 when we first started with Express Scripts.  Haven't been handed a script in years to go in and fill - they physicians do the ordering online as we are going over our medication lists and needed refills.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Barb all I can say is lucky you.  I wish I knew  why there are issues sometimes.  A lot comes back to the provider and their staff and some comes to the service we are required to use by our co-insurance companies.  I have to use Caremark mail order if I want to get ongoing meds covered at a reasonable cost.  Sometimes their operation causes problems.  I am having an issue as we speak and it is a combination problem of the provider and the Ins.  I can't just walk away and get someone new.  I get so aggravated that I sometimes feel like sending them something in a paper bag. NOT A BOMB!!!! Something aromatic. BUT I WON'T !!!

PS Sometimes trying to do everything on a computer causes as many problems as it fixes.

Like you we are required to use Express Scripts by our insurance company, though this next year we can also use Walgreens at the same price for 90 days.   We always use Walgreens for Dave's insulin, even though Express Scripts does have shipping service for it - - just not a good thing for when you are staying out in the 'bonnies'.   Also use Walgreens for any short term scripts or new ones to see if they work, then transfer them to Express Script if they become maintenance ones.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We use Optum RX through our insurance and most of the time it works but not always.  More than once they used the old address even though we updated our files.  How does that happen? One time my script was lost in the mail.  That was a pain to resolve and took a couple of weeks.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

14 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

As to updating addresses, just log in and edit addresses and telephone numbers, assuming you have set up online accounts.

Therein lies the problem--we can't log in because they want us to use a no longer valid email address or phone number. The problem came about because we stopped using Walgreens without changing contact information when we went full time so when we used Walgreens for this one time vaccination their information was wrong and our ability to change it online was not available. Reality is, this was always going to be a problem for us because, even if we had changed contact information when we went full time, it would not have occurred to us to change it again when we came off the road. But, those about to go full time or come off the road again have a chance to not make our error.

Linda

16 minutes ago, sandsys said:

Therein lies the problem--we can't log in because they want us to use a no longer valid email address or phone number. The problem came about because we stopped using Walgreens without changing contact information when we went full time so when we used Walgreens for this one time vaccination their information was wrong and our ability to change it online was not available. Reality is, this was always going to be a problem for us because, even if we had changed contact information when we went full time, it would not have occurred to us to change it again when we came off the road. But, those about to go full time or come off the road again have a chance to not make our error.

Linda

Why can't you log in with that information? Just because it's no longer in use doesn't usually mean you can't log in. I still use the occasional old email address as a login identity. Or, just create a new account. Jay

Just now, Jaydrvr said:

Why can't you log in with that information? Just because it's no longer in use doesn't usually mean you can't log in. I still use the occasional old email address as a login identity. Or, just create a new account. Jay

So you changed email providers but can still use an account of the previous provider to log in?  For instance, changing from a Comcast modem to a Verizon phone doesn't keep you from using the Comcast log in? Dave says it has to do with two factor log in--they don't have an accurate place to send the log in token.

Linda

23 minutes ago, sandsys said:

So you changed email providers but can still use an account of the previous provider to log in?  For instance, changing from a Comcast modem to a Verizon phone doesn't keep you from using the Comcast log in? Dave says it has to do with two factor log in--they don't have an accurate place to send the log in token.

Linda

That is correct, however two factor verification can stall you if you don't have an up to date method of doing that, such as a current phone number. My wife also still has her old cable email address on some accounts that are resistant to change. We just made sure the verification code - if needed - went to a current phone number. There are often on some of my accounts the option to pick from several phone numbers or email addresses for verification. Jay

P.S. For clarification, I don't actually USE the old email account, just the old email address as the user ID. Obviously, a closed account is not accessible.

Edited by Jaydrvr
Clarification

2 hours ago, sandsys said:

Linda

The login name and password can be used UNLESS the system uses two factor log in and you have set it up for email not text to get the code.   Which is why we always use text as our numbers haven’t change in 17 years.     

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

1 hour ago, Barbaraok said:

The login name and password can be used UNLESS the system uses two factor log in and you have set it up for email not text to get the code.   Which is why we always use text as our numbers haven’t change in 17 years.     

Unfortunately, our phone number in their file was a landline at the house we sold; not one of the mobile phone numbers we had at that time. Dave says two factor log ins weren't used in 2008.

Linda

1 hour ago, sandsys said:

Unfortunately, our phone number in their file was a landline at the house we sold; not one of the mobile phone numbers we had at that time. Dave says two factor log ins weren't used in 2008.

Linda

My primary cell number is my old home landline which I ported to a cell phone many years ago, so that number goes back several decades. I think all my kids have cell numbers that are ten to twenty years old. I guess there are those who change their numbers more than we do... But then, I'm just a little OCD, soooo.. Jay

1 hour ago, Jaydrvr said:

My primary cell number is my old home landline which I ported to a cell phone many years ago, so that number goes back several decades. I think all my kids have cell numbers that are ten to twenty years old. I guess there are those who change their numbers more than we do... But then, I'm just a little OCD, soooo.. Jay

When we were selling our house we had three phones: one landline and two cell phones. So we had three phone numbers. Because our account at Walgreens predated either of the cell phones they had the landline on file. But, I can tell you what our phone number was when I started kindergarten many, many years ago as my dad ported it to our next house so we had it for many years as well. And my own cell number has been ported through two different providers and many iterations starting with a flip phone. Just not from the landline. Oh, well.

Linda

1 minute ago, Pat & Pete said:

You must be really old . :D

But , sounds like you have a decent memory . ;)

Yes, I am.   It was 1950-1951 and I was in Kindergarten - the year that I had mumps, measles, chickenpox, and German measles, as did my best friend who lived across the alley from us.  Our mothers would help us call each other, standing in the window waving at each other, while we were sick.  That was also the same year that my uncle, who worked for my dad, was knocked off a log tow and drowned, my dad was blown about 30 feet into the air when one of the tug boats blew up (burned pretty badly) and my mom had a miscarriage.  All in all, the year from hell and made quite and impression on a 5 yr old.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

19 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

The first telephone we had HAD NO DIAL.  You just picked up the receiver and told the operator who you were calling.  

With our phone you put the receiver to your ear, listen to make sure that the line was not in use. Crank the handle and the operator responded, central, number please. “

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

2 hours ago, Kirk W said:

grew up in a KS farm community with a rural phone company and our number was 2 on 5. That is, 2 rings on line 5.

I understand the rings but not the line .

In 1975  I moved onto a farm 1 1/2 miles off Interstate 20/hwy80 in Forney, Tx area and was surprised to find that the best I could get was a four party line.  It was 25-30 miles from downtown Dallas and only 2 mile from downtown Forney.