Changing address

49 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

Yes, I am.   It was 1950-1951 and I was in Kindergarten - the year that I had mumps, measles, chickenpox, and German measles, as did my best friend who lived across the alley from us.  Our mothers would help us call each other, standing in the window waving at each other, while we were sick.  That was also the same year that my uncle, who worked for my dad, was knocked off a log tow and drowned, my dad was blown about 30 feet into the air when one of the tug boats blew up (burned pretty badly) and my mom had a miscarriage.  All in all, the year from hell and made quite and impression on a 5 yr old.  

All that , plus , I was born to make it even more eventful . LOL

I only remember a couple things from before I could walk . Nothing like loosing someone or nearly so . 

We had a party line : Mohawk 99176 . My mother had that # until she died in 2011 .

Goes around , comes around .

5 hours ago, Kirk W said:

I grew up in a KS farm community with a rural phone company and our number was 2 on 5. That is, 2 rings on line 5.

My cousins had a party line. It was odd to me to hear the phone ring but not answer it because it wasn't for you.

I was taught to answer the phone by saying, "Sherman residence." One day I answered it and my grandfather said, "That's odd; so is this."

Linda (Sherman) Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Family  member had the last name of Coons.  I dialed one number wrong and got a voice I did not recognize and did not say so and so residence. So I asked is the so and so Coons residence and it all went downhill from there.     I should have just asked if they had Prince Albert in a can.    I never prank called anyone on purpose as I was taught that the telephone was a tool not a toy.

Edited by bigjim