Escapees mail service problems

Jinx & Wayne

Last week our absentee ballots came in to Livingston.  I set them for Fedex overnight on 10/12.  Instead they were mailed standard 1st class which takes 6-7 days for delivery.  As a result I am forced to stay in Vermont an extra 4-5 days.  Has anyone had similar issues?  I am asking because if this is common I need to find another mail service.

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

I have been a member and used mail service since March 1997 and for me there have been few glitchtes.  A few times I could not tell if the issue was the mail service or the post office. I don't get many special requests or much mail. Normally get one mail out per week.

I one time had a major problem with a Fedex I used instead of mail for title and license in Polk County NM.  Long story about that and not real relevent. 

Edited by bigjim
spelling

We didn’t use escapees to get our ballot we had them send to the camp ground we are in. Then we filled them out and put in the envelopes then put the ballot envelopes in another bigger envelope that wasn’t broadcasting that it was a ballot. From the time South Dakota sent ours to Kansas and we sent it back to them was 10 days. Paid about 8.00 to send back so I could have it tracked but was worth it. 

Escapees mail service has been flawless for over 7 years for us.  One time we got the mail of someone with a similar last name and a PMB that has a couple of numbers transposed from our PMB.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

I had a minor mistake yesterday - I’ve been between addresses (long story) and ended up putting in a forwarding request last week, hoping it would be sent out Friday.  The address I used was a UPS store (one time delivery, don’t need to rent a box), and I asked them to ship it 2 day UPS.  Because of the hurricane (I assume), they scheduled it to be shipped Tuesday (Monday being a holiday).  They shipped it FedEx instead of UPS - didn’t thrill me but that should be OK.  I don’t think the UPS store will refuse it.

7 hours ago, Jinx & Wayne said:

Last week our absentee ballots came in to Livingston.  I set them for Fedex overnight on 10/12.  Instead they were mailed standard 1st class which takes 6-7 days for delivery.  As a result I am forced to stay in Vermont an extra 4-5 days.  Has anyone had similar issues?  I am asking because if this is common I need to find another mail service.

Do you use email to request forwarding, or do you call?   I try to never call anyplace to request a service or order something because I can't establish who's error it is when something goes wrong.  

What did Escapees tell you about why your mail went out 1st class instead of FedEx?   

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

3 hours ago, sandsys said:

The OP was asking about having mail delivered differently than usual and having the request fail so all of you who just do usual are not able to answer the question.

You are way off base and should apologize to the people who replied as you simply do not know what they have or have not experienced. Like most who have used Escapee mail for years, there have been many times that we had special instructions or request for different handling and never had any issues. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Like Al said, I always use email for get mail forwarded so that I can make sure the address is correct and I get a reply THAT DAY stating that it will be shipped the next day and how it will be shipped.   So I have the chance to catch if a mistake is made.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

6 hours ago, Kirk W said:

You are way off base and should apologize to the people who replied as you simply do not know what they have or have not experienced. Like most who have used Escapee mail for years, there have been many times that we had special instructions or request for different handling and never had any issues. 

The people responding have not been saying anything about changing delivery methods and how that did or didn't work for them. Your post criticizing me is the first to actually answer that.

We tend to be very good at answering questions not asked. I have been guilty of that so I'm trying to read more closely.

Linda

Edited by sandsys

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

1 hour ago, Barbaraok said:

Linda, since so few of us have had problems, I think answers were what would be expected.

Yes, they were what I expected but they were not answers to the original question. People did not say whether or not they had changed methods and, if so, whether or not that change caused problems. It doesn't really matter if you gave an answer that didn't fit the question. The question was specific but the answers were general. I think I should probably give up now since no one appears to be hearing me, either.

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

14 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

I always use email for get mail forwarded so that I can make sure the address is correct and I get a reply THAT DAY stating that it will be shipped the next day and how it will be shipped.   So I have the chance to catch if a mistake is made.   

We used email not phone.  We got confirmation from Escapees that the package would be sent Next Day FEDEX.  Despite that it was sent USPA 1st class.  I don't way any way to catch that mistake.

Jinx and Wayne

13 hours ago, bigjim said:

My interpetation is they are trying to determine if errors like they experienced are common by getting feedback from folks that  have used the service for some time.

Bingo.  Bigjim, you are spot on.  We've been full time for over two years and have used the mail service for two years+.  I ALWAYS use email to set delivery and ALWAYS check the confirming email.  I'm trying to determine whether this is likely to be a continuing problem. 

Jinx and Wayne

15 minutes ago, Jinx & Wayne said:

I'm trying to determine whether this is likely to be a continuing problem. 

While past history is not proof that it will not be problematic in the future, it is a pretty strong indicator that it will not. With a new generation now in management it is not possible to know with certainty, but my money is on the organization to move forward in the way that the first two generations did.  Our experience is perhaps a bit dated, but we used to get mail at a new location each mailing at times and others for a few months and then move and out only bad experience was one when I discovered after the fact that I had given the mail room and incorrect zip code. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

My experience  is somewhat slanted in the fact I have almost never asked for special handling.  For what it is worth I almost always call for forwarding instructions.  I suspect that may have a little more of a human error risk factor.  I also tend to be in one location for months but do bounce around when moving to my next spot. 

Without get long winded, beware of using the wrong "envelope" or whatever with the right label for FEDEX.  They are supposed to go by the label but a lot of the "ground" people are contractors and may not pick up one in the Wrong Envelope even if the label is proper.  I don't know if I have explained this properly and it probably extremely rare but can cause a major problem.

As Kirk says past history is not proof it can give newer folks some idea as long as we answer honestly. There can be a tendency to protect the brand out of loyalty so you even have to make some judgement based on that factor but I think you can mostly get some sense of what is likely to happen in the future.  Good example is I think Todd sharing about issues out of one area of Houston and particularly Tomball.

8 hours ago, sandsys said:

Yes, they were what I expected but they were not answers to the original question. People did not say whether or not they had changed methods and, if so, whether or not that change caused problems. It doesn't really matter if you gave an answer that didn't fit the question. The question was specific but the answers were general. I think I should probably give up now since no one appears to be hearing me, either.

Actually the question asked was

"Has anyone had similar issues?"

And the answers given were appropriate.  Most people have not, and then they expanded by saying what, if any problems, they had had and how they go about ordering mail, etc.

2 hours ago, Jinx & Wayne said:

We used email not phone.  We got confirmation from Escapees that the package would be sent Next Day FEDEX.  Despite that it was sent USPA 1st class.  I don't way any way to catch that mistake.

Have you called Escapees and ask for the mail supervisor?  You do know that they don't read the forum, correct? So asking questions here in hopes of them seeing it, etc., isn't going to happen.   Since so few of us have had problems, that really is the only way to alert them as to what happened and insure that it doesn't happen again.   Also, I would hazard a guess that they were rather busy last week getting all of the ballots sent out as quickly as possible.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I had a recent incident with the mail center that was elevated to the Mail Supervisor but never resolved. I ordered an map update from Ford Motor Company that they sent on a USB drive.  It turns out that the first files sent were incorrect, so they followed up with a second mailing just a day later. I received SKP notification of two packages being received from Ford.  When my mail was forwarded, I received only one of the packages. I called the mail center to inquire, and the call was returned by the mail supervisor. They said that they checked with the "clerk" who assured them that both Ford envelopes were included in my package. Yet, when I received the unopened, undamaged package from SKP's it contained only a single parcel from Ford. 

After some back-and-forth that was essentially "We are sure that both parcels went into your envelope" with me replying "I only received one" I was happy to discover that the one I had been sent contained the later USB drive with the correct files. The issue remains unresolved to this day, and I can't help but wonder what the resolution would have been if I had not received the correct USB drive. 

As far as Ford is concerned, their packages were delivered and signed for so they have no further obligation. SKP's seems certain that both were sent to me, yet I am 100% certain that I never received one of them.  So while SKP's mail service has been very good over the ten years that I've used them, this incident, along with another more minor incident a couple of years ago gives me some concern. 

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

• 3 weeks later...

Final followup.  We just checked the Sumter County voter site.  Our ballots have arrived and been counted.  We did have to send them overnight at a cost of $99 by UPS to be sure they got there in time.

For now I will continue with Escapees mail service but will watch it closely.

Thanks to all who answered.

Jinx and Wayne

• LindaH locked this topic