Remedial Question - Air Governor

Av8r3400

Taking note of Roger & Karen's issue with their "air-thingy" on the trip home, I have a remedial question:

I carry a spare Air Governor in case of similar problems, but I honestly do not know where the unit is mounted on a Volvo 730.  Can anyone point me in the right neighborhood of where it is on my truck?

Thanks in advance.

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the air system.😂😂😂

In all seriousness, the govenor has been seen on the compressor, on the firewall beside the steering column, or mounted to the battery box.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

On my 630 it is under the hood on the drivers side. If you have another one take it with you and go open the hood. It will be easier to recognize if you have one in your hand. Not hard to find.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

On my 770/ISX, it's on the back of the compressor, front left side of motor.  On my Mack, it's on the passenger side firewall, but again, above the compressor.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

It is an AD-IS dryer.  When mounted and o-ring'd to an air tank with mini purge tank welded on the end it is called a Dryer Reservoir Module or DRM.

Must be 135 psi governor and must have a special check valve assembly installed when governor replaced.  Must also use its own governor gasket and not the felt one used on a compressor head.  In other words, get an AD-IS governor if replacing, not a generic for all the others.  Yes it is way more expensive than the others.  Such is life.

801266bxw.jpg?itok=w4cHFKkH

5 hours ago, Scrap said:

It is an AD-IS dryer.  When mounted and o-ring'd to an air tank with mini purge tank welded on the end it is called a Dryer Reservoir Module or DRM.

Must be 135 psi governor and must have a special check valve assembly installed when governor replaced.  Must also use its own governor gasket and not the felt one used on a compressor head.  In other words, get an AD-IS governor if replacing, not a generic for all the others.  Yes it is way more expensive than the others.  Such is life.

801266bxw.jpg?itok=w4cHFKkH

But this governor is still replaceable. 

GCTaaehl.jpg

I was going to post the picture of mine that I posted the last time this came up....but DesertMiner beat me to it. I imagine that they are vehicle AND engine specific.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

You can't relocate the governor because it is o-ring'd to the dryer.  There are no threads to put fittings to and there is no way to hold the delivery check valve in place.  You can't relocate the dryer because it is o-ringed to the purge tank, and the purge tank is welded to the DRM with a bung going through it to your secondary reservoir.  The whole thing is integral and can't be separated.  It is the best dryer system out there and is probably best not to change it.

Scrap, can you move the whole thing?

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Archived