The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

We have been waiting 4 weeks for 2 bay doors to come in. Ed tangled with a boulder and I think the boulder won. :wacko: We never thought it would take this long to get them in. At least we don't have to stay there. I sent you a pm.

You tell Ed to quit arguing with the bird and pay attention to where he is driving. We both know the bird is smarter than Ed.

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Roger you can always change your citizenship to Indiana... Man get outta there summer is almost over...

Don't I know it. Seems that the only memories that we've made is going to the annual doctor's appointments and repair parking lots. We're hopeful that all this will payoff and down the road will be better because of the repairs. Keep looking up! :rolleyes:

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

I'm still at city of Rocks. Wouldn't you know when I was hoping my outing would be interrupted saying my glasses or something else I'm waiting for had arrived my phone hasn't made a peep. I forgot a few things I wanted to bring with me because of the hasty departure so I'll go back to the Ranch tomorrow do a few chores, cook up another batch of Hamburg and onions and hope they call about my new glasses. Then maybe come back up here. I expected the park to be full, coming on the weekend. There were a few people Friday night but the place emptied out Saturday morning and I've had it to myself all week end. I took a walk up into the rocks this morning but have decided that isn't the best place for me to be walking. My balance isn't that good. I didn't fall but came close several times. I'll stick to the roads hence to forth. It was a bit cooler today (mid 80's) spent a lot of time reading outside. Last night I sat outside looking at the stars. About half the sky was clear. I found that I had trouble finding some of the constellations. Especially if one or two of it's stars were covered with a wispy cloud. Also, found a couple constellations but couldn't think of their names. I better star gaze a little more often.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

You tell Ed to quit arguing with the bird and pay attention to where he is driving. We both know the bird is smarter than Ed.

I'm not sure which one is more stubborn. Ed usually wins. haha We are planning on coming to Quartsite in January but I guess some of the group is heading to Florida.

Lyn and Ed

2004 Phaeton

2006 Jeep Liberty

Polaris Ranger

http://EdandLynSojourning.blogspot.com

I'm still at city of Rocks. Wouldn't you know when I was hoping my outing would be interrupted saying my glasses or something else I'm waiting for had arrived my phone hasn't made a peep. I forgot a few things I wanted to bring with me because of the hasty departure so I'll go back to the Ranch tomorrow do a few chores, cook up another batch of Hamburg and onions and hope they call about my new glasses. Then maybe come back up here. I expected the park to be full, coming on the weekend. There were a few people Friday night but the place emptied out Saturday morning and I've had it to myself all week end. I took a walk up into the rocks this morning but have decided that isn't the best place for me to be walking. My balance isn't that good. I didn't fall but came close several times. I'll stick to the roads hence to forth. It was a bit cooler today (mid 80's) spent a lot of time reading outside. Last night I sat outside looking at the stars. About half the sky was clear. I found that I had trouble finding some of the constellations. Especially if one or two of it's stars were covered with a wispy cloud. Also, found a couple constellations but couldn't think of their names. I better star gaze a little more often.

speaking of stars- we will head out to Darkland in a night or two to see what we can see of the perseid meteor shower. Should be good.

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

I'm not sure which one is more stubborn. Ed usually wins. haha We are planning on coming to Quartsite in January but I guess some of the group is heading to Florida.

yeah, some will be in FL and some of us will be in AZ. See you in Q!

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Don't I know it. Seems that the only memories that we've made is going to the annual doctor's appointments and repair parking lots. We're hopeful that all this will payoff and down the road will be better because of the repairs. Keep looking up! :rolleyes:

Roger

Five weeks at the repair shop?!!! You should have hopped a plane like I suggested and stayed with us. It would have been cheaper! :D:D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Speaking of repair shops, we got a couple more appointments today. One Wednesday for new shocks (still riding on the originals) and then Thursday for a front and rear alignment. The only thing after that is a part for the winegard that should be here by Thursday so we can get that working again. It does work, but some channels won't come in. It may have been damaged in one of the storms we were in in Oklahoma, but I did have it down through all of those. All of the transducers are working, but they said either the feed tube or dish was bent. Can't really tell so we ordered both of them. Hot and muggy here in Alabama, but other than that all is well. I think we'll do a plant tour tomorrow morning as we are just here in wait mode. Will be interesting to see what the 16's have on them, but waaay too much for my blood!! :lol:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Back in Deming, I got an Email and Phone call from my mail service saying that the Title for the Navion finally got there. But now they need an affidavit saying I can't get the documents for the Dry Weight of the vehicle so I'm submitting the GVWR to be used instead. That will cost more every year I register it. I also got stuck for the penalty for not getting it registered withing 30 days of purchase even though the State takes 4 to 6 week to issue the title so you can register it, and if I don't get all this stuff up to them over night it will cost another 10% of the 3% tax for being over 60 days late. That's another $350 bucks. I think SD has a racket going here on that one. They sent me a form to fill out and have notarized to say I'm using the GVWR instead of the UAW but the form ask for the license number of the vehicle and that is what the registration is for to get the License. They got this old man confused but good. Maybe I should start looking for a new state to register in. Any recommendations? Still no word on my glasses. I'll need a new prescription because my eyes changed before I get the glasses from the old prescription. I did go to town and get a few things that I found I need to stock in the new rig though. Last week I bought a wall clock at Wal Mart for $9 something. I put a battery in it and hung it on the wall. It worked so I tossed out the box and the receipt. When I went back in the rig an hour later it wasn't working and I couldn't get it to work. ie. changed battery, check polarity and for loose connections etc. So today I bought another, this time for $3.88. It will probably work forever.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Roger

Got our fingers crossed for you. They can't or won't tell you when it will be done? You have more patience than I do that's for sure. See you soon?

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Five weeks at the repair shop?!!! You should have hopped a plane like I suggested and stayed with us. It would have been cheaper! :D:D

As tempting and (and appreciated) as that sounds Jeri we and our fellow prisoners have noticed a pattern to the "drop off and pick up later rigs". They never get work done on them until a couple days before the customer arrives. Then they join us in the waiting room and gripe session circle in the evening!

Dave will like this...One guy has a brand new Allegro Bus with a list as long as your leg of things that are wrong on it. He's been here a week just waiting for them to start on anything. Bob Tiffin finally called yesterday and said to send him the entire bill! Apparently, he didn't want to go to Red Bay. I told him about your experience Steve. They're gonna start work someday on it but, his wife is leaving him and he's staying until it's done. Hope he does well in the snow...LOL!

They worked on us all day yesterday replacing a slide out seal and trying to align another slide out so that it won't tear off the striker plate that keeps getting torn off when you bring it in. All done except for the three heavy duty pop rivets that are supposed to arrive this a.m. If they hold then we should be done and can finally hit the trail. Our fingers are crossed!

Hope to see ya soon Tina & Jeff!!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

I can Seeeeeeeeee. I got the cashiers Check and affidavit off via FedEx Overnight this morning. They said it would be there by noon tomorrow. I hope that's all I need to do on the vehicle registration. It was getting close to noon and I still hadn't heard from the eye clinic so I went over the to complaine. She said have a seat while I check the back room. She also took a couple of boxes that were laying on her desk back with her. About 15 minutes later she emerged with both pair of my glasses and said there here. I wonder how long they have been there. Anyway now all I'm waiting for is the license plates to be sent from my mail service and the parts for the repair of the power Vent & skylight on the Navion. So I took off again City of Rocks to watch the meteor shower tomorrow night. I might even stay until Monday when the plates could arrive if I don't get a call first that the vent parts are here. Things are looking up.

I don't know, you guys are starting to make me think having to give up RVing wasn't such a bad thing. Of course I keep right on looking at websites and thinking about what I want in my next rig. A powered dump switch instead of a cable pull, for sure. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I sat out looking for meteors tonight. I saw 8 or 10 really good ones about 9:15 (8:15 AZ time) they all happened within about a 10 minute time frame. Then nothing at all happened until 11 when clouds drifted in and I gave up. Only about half of the meteors were associated with the perseids because they were traveling toward the radiant or at right angles across it. But they were all beauties bright, long and slow. One even had a smoke trail and was bright enough to classify it as a fireball. That one was traveling directly away from the radiant of the perseids. I popped some popcorn and really made an enjoyable night of it. Tomorrow night is the Peak of the Perseids. You cane bet your camper I'll be out there again armed with coffee and maybe even popcorn again. I hope the clouds cooperate.

I sat out looking for meteors tonight. I saw 8 or 10 really good ones about 9:15 (8:15 AZ time) they all happened within about a 10 minute time frame. Then nothing at all happened until 11 when clouds drifted in and I gave up. Only about half of the meteors were associated with the perseids because they were traveling toward the radiant or at right angles across it. But they were all beauties bright, long and slow. One even had a smoke trail and was bright enough to classify it as a fireball. That one was traveling directly away from the radiant of the perseids. I popped some popcorn and really made an enjoyable night of it. Tomorrow night is the Peak of the Perseids. You cane bet your camper I'll be out there again armed with coffee and maybe even popcorn again. I hope the clouds cooperate.

We were sitting outside watching TV about 11 and happened to look up and saw a meteor. So we turned off the TV and put out the fire (Fire in a can) and watched a bit longer and saw just one more before calling it a night.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

I took a nice long walk this morning and this afternoon I've been giving Steve some competition in the ZZZZZZZZZZZ Department. The weather man is still saying Clear skies for tonight but clouds are already starting to form. I hope for once he is 100% right. I ran out of reading material and still have about 8 hours to go before star gazing time. Guess I'll have to look up something on the Internet to keep from wearing out my thumb twiddler.

Edited by IYQ

I am pleased to report that as of yesterday we've been released from RV repair purgatory! Didn't get all of our wish list checked off due to extra issues popping up after they opened the can of worms. Also, we didn't want to spend the winter in Elkhart, IN. Happy to be on the road again and looking forward to some smooth sailings.

Look out everybody...here we come! :)

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

I am pleased to report that as of yesterday we've been released from RV repair purgatory! Didn't get all of our wish list checked off due to extra issues popping up after they opened the can of worms. Also, we didn't want to spend the winter in Elkhart, IN. Happy to be on the road again and looking forward to some smooth sailings.

Look out everybody...here we come! :)

Roger

YIKES!!!!!!!!

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Yesterday morning I got up at 3:15 AM to watch the Perceids and within 15 minutes had logged 25. Then after a long pause they started again. By the time I got tired and went back to bed I had seen over a hundred but lost track of the count somewhere in the 50's. A very pleasing night. When I woke up again I pulled the plug and came back to Deming stopping at Jimmy's RV Repair to make arrangements to have some heavy duty Stabilizers installed on the back of the Navion next Tuesday morning. When I got back to the Ranch I got an email saying the registration for the Navion was complete and waiting in my mail box. So I sent for my mail. It should be here Monday. Then in the evening I felt like celebrating so I took a bunch from the ranch to the Adobe Deli for dinner. A very nice day.

Well Roger, glad to see you escaped Indiana! Now what are they going to do to fund their state? We're still here in Red Bay finishing up. We thought we were done and I managed to break the front steps. Too many good meals I guess. Now I'm scheduled into the body shop on Monday to get a little welding done. Seems the metal holding the step rusted out and the bolt pulled through when I stepped on it. At least it happened here. Now we are in the detail shop getting the wash and wax done so at least we'll look good sitting in the body shop :rolleyes:

Lee, we sat out and watched too, but couldn't make the 0300 am muster. We did see some nice ones but only about 25 total. It was a nice night for it anyway. We were parked at a RV shop in the country with another couple so the viewing was pretty good. 88 degrees here in Bama today, but the humidity dropped and it feels pretty good. Still haven't figured where we're going from here, but it's somewhere I'm sure. Happy Trails Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Ok nit I'm in Alabama and you have to emphasize everything to get your point across! :ph34r:

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"