The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

We have sort of been on the move, Left Portland and visited with friends in the Bend area for 8 days before driving to John Day Oregon for 3 nights at a nice little state park. Then moved into Idaho and stayed in Caldwell for 3 nights. We are working our way to Park City Utah and it was 400 miles from Caldwell so we split it pretty much in half and drove to Declo Idaho yesterday and spent the night and will drive the rest of the way to Park City today. Not sure why the heck we are headed to Utah so early because it's still pretty hot. Just figured when we made our reservations in Moab 3 or 4 months ago that it would start cooling down in Sept.,,,, may not LOL!!

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We are the Elks Club in New Orleans for a few days visiting Carol's nephew. He is a concrete engineer and wound up here after Katrina. It's warm here (read hot) and humid, but the restaurants and clubs are still in fine shape. We only have 30A here, but using the center A/C seems to work pretty good during the day and the bedroom unit is plenty cold at night. This would not be my time of choice to visit this place, but we were already south and east so "when in Rome"!! At least this place has a pool, so it's not all bad.

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Keep your kids off the street, that old man is loose. I emptied the frig, defrosted it, and moved every thing into the Navion. Then payed the electric bill on both my sites and said bye bye. I didn't get done till after 5 PM so only drove up to City of Rocks. My favorite electric site was taken so I'm boondocking. Tomorrow I'll figure out where I'm going but the most logical place is Eagar, AZ. I don't plan on staying at any one place very long but just bounce from place to place. After Eagar, I'll probably come back into NM up on I-40 and state park hop until October or until I get an appointment to have that vent gearbox installed. I over did it a bit today trying to get the trailer ready to shut down and close up so will probably just rest tomorrow.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I had been noticing that the black tank had an oder problem but didn't give it much thought. I figured the previous owner had used chemicals and it would take a while to wash them out so the rid-X could build a colony of arobic bacteria. Last night I noticed that every time I flushed a big bubble of gas would come up out of the tank before the water went down. That could only mean the vent was either clogged or the vent pipe was down too far into the tank and the tank content was effectively closing it off. So this morning I went back to Deming (AGAIN???) I had Jimmy run a flexable cable down the vent pipe. It went unimpeded all the way to the tank bottom. That tank is about 18 inches deep. That means some worker on the assembly line was too lazy to cut the pipe to the right length and just crammed the whole length down into the tank. The tank isn't even showing 1/3 full on the sea level gage. Jimmy has a flexable shaft camera. When I get back from this trip we will take a look inside that tank through the drain valve. I'll bet the pipe goes all the way to the bottom. We can get at the side of the tank through the basement door where the LP fill valve is located. The only thing I can think of to fix the problem without tearing the coach appart is to cut a small slot in the side of the tank near the top were the vent pipe enters. Reach through that slot with a saws-all to cut the pipe then repair the slit with plastic weld. Then fish the sawed off piece out the hole after taking the drain valve off. Then reinstalling the drain valve. That will cost because of the time used and possibly a new drain valve. I'm beginning to see why it was traded in with only 4000 miles on it. I also discovered that you have to take the wheel covers completely off to find the valve stem to check the tires. I think my opinion of German engineers has just when through a big change. Oh Well, I'm going to head for Eagar AZ tomorrow and try to enjoy the trip anyway.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Crossing my fingers that the issues soon subside, Lee. Hope its all set soon, and you get bored with it because it runs too well! :)

We are taking off from Hades Hot Havasu in the morning and heading to the Grand Canyon for a few days. May not be too much cooler, but it will be prettier, and we got full hook up !

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

The altitude of Grand Canyon Village is just shy of 7000 feet. It stays pretty cool in summer and is heavily forested with ponderosa pine. You'll love it. I used to have the Janitor Supply Contract for the village and school and went up there to service the contract every Wednesday from Flagstaff. Thanks for the good wishes about the Navion.

Lee, is there any way you can cut the top of the pipe off then pull it up a bit in the tank and reconnect the top end? Does it go straight up into the flange connected to the bottom of the toilet, or turn somewhere? Good luck

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Steve there is a section of that vent pipe that jogs over at a 45 degree angle then goes up again. It's incased in the inside wall board which is glued in place. It would really mess it up if I tried to open it up. For now I'm just going to drill a hole in the side of the black tank 2 or 3 inches from the top. When I find an extention shaft for drill bits I drill on through the vent pipe then plug the hole in the tank again. For now the hole in the tank will keep the tank from building up gas pressure so it won't stink up the place. While I'm driving I'll put a plug in the hole to keep it from squirting doo doo every time the tank sloshes. Tonight I'm in Silver City NM. In the Morning I'll leave for Eagar, AZ.

I'm in Eagar, AZ now. The ride up the hill was beautiful. The Navion averaged 17.1 MPG going from 4300 feet elevation to nearly 9000 the back down to 7000 feet. That I like. I'll be staying here for a week. I'll have to cut this trip short and go back to Deming prior to 15 sept. It just dawned on me that I have to submit my quarterly Estimated Tax payment prior to that date. And naturally I forgot to bring the 1040ES form with me. (banging head against wall) I won't put my trailer back in service while there. I'll just pick up the form write the check and stop at the post office on the way back out of town. It sure is lucky that this rig gets good fuel mileage.

It's 1PM and only 72 degrees with bright sun. The bad news is they have been having really bad thunder storms every after noon. That I won't like but will accept over the 100 plus degrees I've been contending with in Deming. This sure is beautiful country. Mountains, meadows, streams and rivers, many small lakes and lots of wild game to watch. I saw a few wild turkey on my way here. Didn't see any elk but there was lots of evidence they are here in number. I stopped at Luna Lake Forest Service campground on the way here. They had Bear Warnings posted all over the place.

I'm in Eagar, AZ now. The ride up the hill was beautiful. The Navion averaged 17.1 MPG going from 4300 feet elevation to nearly 9000 the back down to 7000 feet. That I like. I'll be staying here for a week. I'll have to cut this trip short and go back to Deming prior to 15 sept. It just dawned on me that I have to submit my quarterly Estimated Tax payment prior to that date. And naturally I forgot to bring the 1040ES form with me. (banging head against wall) I won't put my trailer back in service while there. I'll just pick up the form write the check and stop at the post office on the way back out of town. It sure is lucky that this rig gets good fuel mileage.

It's 1PM and only 72 degrees with bright sun. The bad news is they have been having really bad thunder storms every after noon. That I won't like but will accept over the 100 plus degrees I've been contending with in Deming. This sure is beautiful country. Mountains, meadows, streams and rivers, many small lakes and lots of wild game to watch. I saw a few wild turkey on my way here. Didn't see any elk but there was lots of evidence they are here in number. I stopped at Luna Lake Forest Service campground on the way here. They had Bear Warnings posted all over the place.

You can download a 1040ES from the IRS website or numerous other websites. If you have a printer you'd be all set. You wouldn't have to go back to Deming. Just print and pay.

You can download a 1040ES from the IRS website or numerous other websites. If you have a printer you'd be all set. You wouldn't have to go back to Deming. Just print and pay.

Only one problem. My printer is in Deming also. Oh well, it's down hill most of the way. LOL PLUS. My tax service made out the forms when they did last years taxes. I banged my head on the wall so much for forgetting to bring the form that I can't remember for how much and which IRS office it is supposed to go to. Maybe I should pad my walls!?

Sorry to hear about your black tank issue Lee. Hope you get it resolved soon.

Well we took Jerry's advice and went to Falkville, AL. and got the refrigerator fixed. Thanks Jerry for the tip. Went from Chattanooga to Falkville on Tuesday then from Falkville to Knoxville Wednesday afternoon. When we got to Raccoon Valley Roger and Lynn were already here. Good to see them again. We'll be here until after Labor Day.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

I thought I had the black tank issue solved BUT..... I drilled a 3/4" hole in the side of the tank up near the top right where the vent pipe should be inside the tank. I fished through the hole for the pipe sweeping back and forth but struck nothing. So I held the camera lens on my phone tight to the hole and I could see the place above where the pipe came through the top of the tank. It only extended into the tank about 3/4th of an inch. That means it was installed correctly. I went inside and flushed the john. The first couple of flushes it didn't belch gas. So I figured the pipe was clogged somewhere. And the tank was venting through the hole I just drilled. A wine bottle cork is just the right size to plug the hole for driving down the road so I left the hole open and went inside to polish off the wine that was still in the bottle to get the cork. But the first time I used the John and flushed, it belched gas again all be it not as bad as it was. Jimmy ran a fish cable down that vent all the way to the tank and didn't find any blockage. I did notice that the john doesn't sit directly over the tank. There is a double 90 degree offset from the john to where it enters the tank but I don't see how that could cause the problem. So now I'm back to square one and have no Idea how to fix it. If the vent pipe is open and the pipe doesn't protrude too far into the tank, why does the gas come out through the john instead of up the vent pipe???

I thought I had the black tank issue solved BUT..... I drilled a 3/4" hole in the side of the tank up near the top right where the vent pipe should be inside the tank. I fished through the hole for the pipe sweeping back and forth but struck nothing. So I held the camera lens on my phone tight to the hole and I could see the place above where the pipe came through the top of the tank. It only extended into the tank about 3/4th of an inch. That means it was installed correctly. I went inside and flushed the john. The first couple of flushes it didn't belch gas. So I figured the pipe was clogged somewhere. And the tank was venting through the hole I just drilled. A wine bottle cork is just the right size to plug the hole for driving down the road so I left the hole open and went inside to polish off the wine that was still in the bottle to get the cork. But the first time I used the John and flushed, it belched gas again all be it not as bad as it was. Jimmy ran a fish cable down that vent all the way to the tank and didn't find any blockage. I did notice that the john doesn't sit directly over the tank. There is a double 90 degree offset from the john to where it enters the tank but I don't see how that could cause the problem. So now I'm back to square one and have no Idea how to fix it. If the vent pipe is open and the pipe doesn't protrude too far into the tank, why does the gas come out through the john instead of up the vent pipe???

I put black tape over the flash on my phone camera so the picture of the tank would be clearer and guess what there is no pipe at all coming through the grommet it is supposed to come through. That probable means that the pipe is just sitting on top of the tank and there probably is NOT a hole for it to come through. I don't know how in the heck one could correct that without dropping the tank, cutting a hole adding a short extention to the pipe and hoping you could hit the hole with the pipe when you put the tank back on. I'll run a fish tape down the vent pipe and take another picture to see if I can see the tape coming through the grommet.

Edited by IYQ

If that's the case, Winnebago ought to fix that one. Even if it's out of warranty, it's obviously their screw up.

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Sunday is always a slow one. I took my walk this morning. It was a slow one to. I'm not used to this altitude yet. I unhooked and went into Springerville to the Hardware and got some quick connects for my water hoses. Then came back via Eagar and stopped at a Sports Bar for lunch. Both these towns are packed with out of towners gearing up for the big 4 wheeler rally they are having next week. There are as many 4 wheelers on the road as cars. I guess this place has a lot of good trails to ride. It sure is popular with the 4 wheeler folks. Coming home I dropped one wheel into a pot hole turning out of a drive. It really shook thing up from side to side. When I got home and used the bathroom I noticed it didn't belch gas when I flushed. Maybe I shook something loose. However that is only one time. I'm not saying it won't belch twice the next time, I'm not going to do anything else about that problem until I get back to Deming and run a fish cable down the vent and see if it enters the tank.

From the looks of the map some of the Florida group is starting to gather early.

Dave & Diane

2018 Ram 5500

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

I took a slightly longer walk this morning trying to speed up the acclamation a bit. I didn't get to breathless so I guess I'm getting use to it. The neighbor man saw me out strolling around in the yard this morning and came over and introduced himself. I could see he was interested in the Navion so invited him to take a look inside. He was very impressed. I didn't tell him all the things I'm not happy with. Oh well, it makes a good conversation starter. It's threatening to really blow up a storm thunder and lightning is very close but no rain as yet. When that Florida gang get down there they will experience lightning like no other place on earth. It really snaps, crackles and pops down there.

But, Lee, we lived in Texas for many years and all their storms that destroyed two vehicles while there. Besides I already put our order in with the weathermen. I ordered great weather and they guaranteed it! You know their forecasts are always correct. Right? Of course, last time we were there we left because we only got to the panhandle, rain hammered us .... that was after we ran from a hurricane.

Enjoy yourself on your fun little outings.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Don't say Hurricane Jeri, we're in New Orleans and they just had the 10 year anniversary of Katrina. We were driving around the 9th ward today and there are still quite a few homes that no one fixed up. A lot of the city is pretty new, but you can still see the scars! 97 degrees here today so the Elks club pool is going to feel really good.

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

We rolled from Park City Utah to Moab today. What a difference 3000ft elevation change makes in the temps. But It's pretty here and we will be hanging around for 2 weeks. A little spendy but it will be a great place to spend Diane's Birthday and our Anniversary. Between Park City and here we better find some boondocking soon to recover LOL!!

Dave & Diane

2018 Ram 5500

Talk about extremes. We went from 106 degree weather to having to wear coats and run the heat in the mornings. We're in Helena, MT for a couple of weeks and it does feel good to be out of Arizona for a couple of months.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

I took a drive up to Show Low AZ yesterday. There are a bunch of singles up there who have bought 1 to 5 acres of land each way out in the boondocks. The only utility is electricity. They haul their water 500 gallons at a time and all have dug septic tanks. They have added other rv sites and invite other singles to come up and stay on the cheap. They have a happy hour every afternoon and plan some type of group activity just about every day. I asked about taxes on their property. $5 a year per acre. Its about 10 to 12 miles from the highway in a maze of county cinder roads. When you ask how to get there they tell DON'T use your GPS it will get you lost for sure. They give you directions to a General Store on the highway and tell you to call them from there and they will come out and guide you in. Then when I left they gave me a map to find my way out again. Before I started back to Eagar 4 of us went out to the Screaming Chicken Bar and Restaurant for lunch. That was an experience also. A good one though. The place was small and had a small dance hall about 16' by 16'. They give dance classes twice a week. Western two step & Waltz and Swing. It made for a rather pleasing day.