The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

We have an announcement to make. We are going to re-retire. We will not be coming back to the park next spring. Long story to be shared around a campfire in the fall. So as of August 29th, we are FREE.

Where is this campfire going to be? Some of us are out east this year. Congrats on re-retiring. B)

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm back in Deming and the old grind. All my bills are due tomorrow. I figured I'd better come back and pay them so I wouldn't get the electric shut off. I enjoyed the two days I was gone and boondocking again. Yesterday I had lowered the window shades to keep the direct sun out. At 2:30 this morning the wind came up and started the hold down straps a singing. I had forgot to put a half turn in the straps when I fastened them down. I came off that bed about 3 feet in the air. It was quite a symphony with all four of them buzzing at a different pitch. Then I couldn't go back to sleep so I spent the rest of the night looking out the window at the moon lite rocks. Kinda pretty but I'm like a zomby now. I could go back up there Sunday but would have to come back Monday because of an appointment in Las Cruces early Tuesday morning. I may run up there with the truck and test all the sites to see which ones I could use as far as getting level. Of the non electric sites I only know of 2, #1 & #8 that are close enough to level for me to use. I shouldn't gripe. If they were all level the park would be so popular it would be full year around.

Toni & Doug. Congrats on the re-retirement. I've been tired so many times that it's a permanent state now. Why do they say retired when your supposed to be resting up? I get retired when I go back to work.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We have an announcement to make. We are going to re-retire. We will not be coming back to the park next spring. Long story to be shared around a campfire in the fall. So as of August 29th, we are FREE.

Congrats! look forward to the story.

We have moved to higher elevations in SW Colorado, hope to hook up with Freddy and Dulcie!

I have not been able to move my pin on the map, takes the info but does not log me in, pin does not change color.

Anyone else run into this problem?

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

Congrats! look forward to the story.

We have moved to higher elevations in SW Colorado, hope to hook up with Freddy and Dulcie!

I have not been able to move my pin on the map, takes the info but does not log me in, pin does not change color.

I can get into yours and mine. Keep trying.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Check your spelling and CAPITOL LETTERS or not. Also a little less cranberry juice. LOL

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Check your spelling and CAPITOL LETTERS or not. Also a little less cranberry juice. LOL

Um that must be it Lee ... our could it be trying to use tablet instead of laptop.

Just tried again .. nope.

Will get on Mike's computer and try again.

Julie

We have a new granddaughter!!! Little April Noel arrived this afternoon weighing in at 8 lbs 13 oz and 20 1/4 inches long. She shares her birthday with 2 other family members and was born under a blue moon!!

Only bad thing.......we have to wait until January before we get to meet her :(

Congrats!

Julie

We have a new granddaughter!!! Little April Noel arrived this afternoon weighing in at 8 lbs 13 oz and 20 1/4 inches long. She shares her birthday with 2 other family members and was born under a blue moon!!

Congratulations!!

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Congratulations! January will be here before you know it.

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Um that must be it Lee ... our could it be trying to use tablet instead of laptop.

Just tried again .. nope.

Will get on Mike's computer and try again.

Julie maybe a different browser. Internet Explorer wouldn't show me the pins, with Chrome it's fine. Just a thought.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Congratulations, Grandma and Grandpa! Grandkids are just better than kids!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Congratulations. I am sooo jealous.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Congrats to Gramp & Granny Lavin. I hope you remember how the change her. Ed, have you bought her a fishing pole yet.

Well, I got all the bills paid and am now twiddling my thumbs again. I think I'll keep on twiddling until after the Doctor's appointment in Las Cruces Tuesday. Then, think of somewhere else to go but I'll have to stay close to the bank so I can get a cashier's check when the Navion Title finally gets here and get some plates on that thing. I sure hope Holiday World didn't drop the ball again. Surely, they have Titled RVs in SD before with all the sales they make.

Congratulations grandma and grampa Lavin! Sure is exciting having new additions to the family!

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Julie maybe a different browser. Internet Explorer wouldn't show me the pins, with Chrome it's fine. Just a thought.

Jeff

interesting idea - I was using chrome on the tablet - tried the internet browser that came with tablet - works!!!

my pin and where we are now are one and the same. looking forward to a visit with Freddy and Dulcie this week.

Julie

interesting idea - I was using chrome on the tablet - tried the internet browser that came with tablet - works!!!

my pin and where we are now are one and the same. looking forward to a visit with Freddy and Dulcie this week.

Jeff's right...alot of things don't play well with MS Explorer. Supposed to change with Ver 10 but, I'm sticking with Chrome for now.

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Congratulations! Wish I was going to be there to hear the story.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Born mid-summer with a Spring and Christmas name. Someone confused here? Have I been around Lee too much? Congratulations, anyway.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Born mid-summer with a Spring and Christmas name. Someone confused here? Have I been around Lee too much? Congratulations, anyway.

Linda

Your confused? The State of Confusion is my home state.

I took a drive this afternoon through some country that I haven't traversed in a long time. Lots of steap grades and curves. It sure was pretty. I started out planning to check some of the restaurants in Bayard NM. They were all closed at Noon day so I headed on toward Silver City and stopped at the first place I found open. WENDY'S. After a chicken sandwich I turned back toward Bayard and then took hwy 152 toward Caballo NM. Then turned back southeast on hwy 61 to go past City of rocks from the other direction. At C of R I pulled the truck up into each one of the approximately 40 site and checked it for levelness, verizon signal, ease of getting into etc for the Navion and wrote it all down. Then wandered back to Deming. I enjoyed the activity. I'll have to check out some more roads when I get bored. I used to do it frequently.

With half the group going to Fla this coming winter it doesn't look like we'll have a Quartzsite gathering this coming winter. However the last time a sizeable bunch went east they got fed up with the weather and all came back in time for Q.

I took a short trip this afternoon out to Hidden Valley RV Park. That's the park Lee and Mary Jane went to when he found out about the cancer. It's quite the place. Very well cared for. The new owners are a very nice couple. It's much larger than I expected. A beautiful setting and walking and ATV trails all over the place. Now the part that keeps most people from finding out how nice it is. It's off the highway about 7 miles on a gravel road. However it was very well maintained. And about 10 miles total from town. Many washes crossing the road and signs telling you not to come out there in wet weather. And thats the saga for today.

With half the group going to Fla this coming winter it doesn't look like we'll have a Quartzsite gathering this coming winter. However the last time a sizeable bunch went east they got fed up with the weather and all came back in time for Q.

Hey, some of us will be in Arizona and Quartzsite!

Congrats to Ed And Lynn, and to Toni and Doug. We WILL be around the campfire in AZ this winter to hear the story.

We escaped to Flagstaff for the weekend. went from 59* to 108* in 3 hours today. oh well, it was nice to get away for a few days.

Edited by soos

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/