The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

I am pleased to report that as of yesterday we've been released from RV repair purgatory! Didn't get all of our wish list checked off due to extra issues popping up after they opened the can of worms. Also, we didn't want to spend the winter in Elkhart, IN. Happy to be on the road again and looking forward to some smooth sailings.

Look out everybody...here we come! :)

Roger

We are dang happy to hear you have broken (ooops should not have used that word) away from Elkhart!!! Now go get um road warrior!!

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well Roger, glad to see you escaped Indiana! Now what are they going to do to fund their state? We're still here in Red Bay finishing up. We thought we were done and I managed to break the front steps. Too many good meals I guess. Now I'm scheduled into the body shop on Monday to get a little welding done. Seems the metal holding the step rusted out and the bolt pulled through when I stepped on it. At least it happened here. Now we are in the detail shop getting the wash and wax done so at least we'll look good sitting in the body shop :rolleyes:

Lee, we sat out and watched too, but couldn't make the 0300 am muster. We did see some nice ones but only about 25 total. It was a nice night for it anyway. We were parked at a RV shop in the country with another couple so the viewing was pretty good. 88 degrees here in Bama today, but the humidity dropped and it feels pretty good. Still haven't figured where we're going from here, but it's somewhere I'm sure. Happy Trails Steve

I'd say that those Hoosiers have gotten enough skin from us Steve...time to spread the wealth! ^_^

Feel your pain on the step breaking. It's been uncanny for us how things seem to break when you're trying to get something unrelated fixed. Like ya said "At least it happened here". Sometimes I wonder if they have gremlins working at those shops...LOL!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Another scorcher today. I'll sure be glad when the new gear box for the power vent/shylight gets here. Then if they don't mess it up again while trying to install it, I'll be able to get out of Deming and enjoy at least a couple of weeks in the cool air. I have no Idea where I'll go. I just want to go. I had planned to level the place I park the Navion on site 20 this morning but at 7 AM it was already 80 degrees so I took my walk instead. Oh well, with Steve and Rodger both on the loose out there on the highways maybe it safer to be bogged down here in Deming. Especially if all three of us were out there on the road the rest of you guys wouldn't stand a chance.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Another scorcher today. I'll sure be glad when the new gear box for the power vent/shylight gets here. Then if they don't mess it up again while trying to install it, I'll be able to get out of Deming and enjoy at least a couple of weeks in the cool air. I have no Idea where I'll go. I just want to go. I had planned to level the place I park the Navion on site 20 this morning but at 7 AM it was already 80 degrees so I took my walk instead. Oh well, with Steve and Rodger both on the loose out there on the highways maybe it safer to be bogged down here in Deming. Especially if all three of us were out there on the road the rest of you guys wouldn't stand a chance.

You make a valid point there Lee. And between the three of us we seem to account for 90% of the group's mechanical woes. Hopefully, by next week that will all be in our rear view mirrors! :ph34r:

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Ok nit I'm in Alabama and you have to emphasize everything to get your point across! :ph34r:

Hey, when you are not traveling you have to hunt for things to say. You should know that. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I'm in the mood to pick a nit and Steve got elected. The above comment belongs in the Department of Redundancy Department. 0300 only happens in the AM. :)

Linda

Oh I see. The redundancy department is in the department of departments redundancy department.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Sunday, thumb twiddling day. Too hot to twiddle my thumbs outside. So I sit here under the A/C trying to dream up things to do or places to go. One of the cowgirls is up in Silver City. I thought I might go up and take here to dinner. But driving a little over 100 miles round trip to do that just fails to excite me. I went to Denny's for lunch knowing they would be very busy (none of the Mexican restaurants open on Sunday.) But after waiting over an hour for my order I decided that sitting there playing solitaire on my smart phone wasn't the most exciting thing to do either. Next, I decided to find something interesting on the internet to read. Our WiFi here at the ranch sucks. It has very little band width so when a couple other boared people start playing games you might as well forget the WiFi. If I survive today. I can look forward to getting my mail tomorrow and putting the license plates on the Navion. Then celebrating the occasion with a glass of cranberry juice, or two, or three. Oh to heck with the glass pass me the bottle.

Sunday, thumb twiddling day. Too hot to twiddle my thumbs outside. So I sit here under the A/C trying to dream up things to do or places to go. One of the cowgirls is up in Silver City. I thought I might go up and take here to dinner. But driving a little over 100 miles round trip to do that just fails to excite me. I went to Denny's for lunch knowing they would be very busy (none of the Mexican restaurants open on Sunday.) But after waiting over an hour for my order I decided that sitting there playing solitaire on my smart phone wasn't the most exciting thing to do either. Next, I decided to find something interesting on the internet to read. Our WiFi here at the ranch sucks. It has very little band width so when a couple other boared people start playing games you might as well forget the WiFi. If I survive today. I can look forward to getting my mail tomorrow and putting the license plates on the Navion. Then celebrating the occasion with a glass of cranberry juice, or two, or three. Oh to heck with the glass pass me the bottle.

Lee, you are one bored cowpoke. Maybe time to saddle up that horse and hit the trail for awhile! We're moving further SE tomorrow and will do three day stints till we hook up with Tina & Jeff in TN. Been too long! :)

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Lee, you are one bored cowpoke. Maybe time to saddle up that horse and hit the trail for awhile! We're moving further SE tomorrow and will do three day stints till we hook up with Tina & Jeff in TN. Been too long! :)

Roger

Roger- we're heading to Chattanooga area Wednesday for a week. Come on down y'all. If we don't see you there we'll catch up in Knoxville.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

We sure do enjoy having the truck camper so we can escape the 117* temperatures in Havasu once in a while. We stayed away as long as we could and arrived back "home" when it was getting dark, but it was still 116*. Thank goodness for A/C. Headed to Cali on Tues to act as moving van for our daughter. That means we have to take the camper off the truck. booo.

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Well I guess we can unannounce our re-retirement now. They made us an offer we can't refuse so come spring we will be back at Monck Park. So many compliments, so much begging. We hadn't much choice.

So here's our plan for the near future. We are leaving here August 29th and getting new axles in Kamloops. From there we are going to spend a couple of days each with two couples. Then we are going to a Escapees Chapter 33 rally in Sicamous. (that will be fun and make us feel like the people we really are). We will come back to the park for about a week to do the closing down things. Then we will be off to Langley to do all the family things and doctor's appointments for about 3 weeks.

We will cross over about October 1st and travel on the American side. Our first stop with be Camping World in Burlington for new blinds all around. Then off to Minnesota to spend Canadian Thanksgiving with our new family.

This past week was amazing. David, Stefani, Lizzy and Nickolas arrived on Tuesday. Jason, Michelle and Sophie came up Friday. David met his full brother, half brother, sister in law and niece. We to took them to Vancouver yesterday to meet our daughter Nicole, husband Mike and children Nico and Jakob. We are in park again without the family. Today brother Jason will be taking them to meet dozens of other new relatives.

As we speak, SKP's Steve and Pam who we have been with at Casa Grande for 4 years and are on their way back from Alaska, have arrived for the night.

Life is an adventure.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

The navion now sports a shinny new SD license plate. Hooray. Only one thing to go now and that's the new gear box for the power vent/skylight. Tomorrow morning Jimmy will install some heavy duty stabilizers on the rear of the frame. That won't take long. Then I think I'll use the rest of the day to get ready to leave and go somewhere fairly close so when they call and say they have the gear box I can make a mad dash to Las Cruces to get it installed. The sad thing about this is now that I can finally get out of Deming the weather here usually cools to the low 80's in the 1st week of September. That's only two weeks away. But I'm going to leave anyway and do some state Park hopping just to be doing something different.

Roger- we're heading to Chattanooga area Wednesday for a week. Come on down y'all. If we don't see you there we'll catch up in Knoxville.

Jeff :)

We'll probably catch you guys in Knoxville and perhaps earlier than we'd planned. Sitting in a library here in Greenfield, OH so, that we could send this. We'll be moving just into WV on Thursday so that we can get that stamp for our U.S. map. Next, we have reservations at Fort Boonesborough State Park near Richmond, KY.

My GPS tried to take us down a paved goat path yesterday until Lynn noticed a sign about a 7'-3" RR overpass up ahead. I'd loaded clearance alarm POI's on my GPS but, this one wasn't....whew, good eyes Lynnie!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

I sat outside this evening enjoying the stars when I saw what looked like a meteor of fireball status but was moving slower than I would expect for any visitor from outer space. It may have been a piece of space junk like a rocket engine or fuel tank. It was sure pretty what ever it was. I probably won't be able to star gaze much more on this trip. The weather man is promising cloudy skies and the moon is setting later each night, oh well I've enjoyed the evenings I have been able to see the stars. I'll go back to Deming Friday morning. I have a package coming that should be there according to the tracking number. I may go to Caballo Lake after I retrieve that. Still no word on the gear box for the power vent/sky light.

Edited by IYQ

I'm over at Caballo State Park just south of Truth or Consequences tonight. This morning I drove back to Deming from City of Rocks to pick up a package that the tracking number said was delivered. I was in Deming for about 3 hours and decided to come over here for the weekend. I'm at the riverside campground below the dam. It's no cooler here than it is in Deming but I've always liked this campground. And, it is a change in scenery. No word yet about the parts to fix the vent/skylight. But if they do call it's not far from here. If they don't call tomorrow I think I'll go back to City of rocks Sunday. Or, take off for Eagar, AZ and if they call while there just make an appointment to have it installed after I enjoy a couple of weeks of cool. I've figured a way to make the vent latch and I don't need it unless I boondocks so it's not important until the weather cools enough to boondocks.

Hey you guys (Roger, Steve, Lee, etc.) that know the where abouts of that money tree could you PM the location to me? Our refrigerator died, so it needs to be replaced. Thanks.

Jeff

Sorry Jeff, that tree was in one of those areas that have been hit with the forest fires. Besides when I bought the Navion I must have trimmed it to aggressively. It wilted and died shortly after.

Plenty of clouds today which is keeping the temperature down. That suits me fine I've taken 3 walks today. Yesterday shortly after I got here we had a good rain that lasted about an hour. That helped too. This park isn't full but close to it. I enjoy watching all the week Enders. They bring every thing they own, set it up then the next day take it all down again to pack it for the trip home. And man the size of the camp fires they build. Makes one wonder if they should call the fire department or just evacuate the area.

I've decided to go back to Deming in the morning to regroup for the next trip to lord knows where. Maybe Eager AZ. It's not really a good time to go there. They are having some kind of big 4 wheeler rally there soon but I don't know exactly when. I may not be able to find an RV Park to stay in.

Hey you guys (Roger, Steve, Lee, etc.) that know the where abouts of that money tree could you PM the location to me? Our refrigerator died, so it needs to be replaced. Thanks.

Jeff

Lee doesn't know where it is because Steve hid it with the ice cream machine.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Sorry about your refrigerator. Mine went out last year and I replaced with a residential unit. Works great using little energy so you can still boon dock, just have to run the generator a little more. If you want to have the unit fixed, there is a place in Falksville. Ala rvrefrigeratorrepair.com 4279 Highway 31 Sw, Falkville, AL 35622 · (256) 784-5097, that will fix it for a lot less than a new one. I had them to fix one on my other coach and it worked great after the fix. I believe they are about a hundred miles south west of Chattanooga, TN.. Some have had the unit replaced with an Amish made unit that works great also.

Jeff

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Sorry about your refrigerator. Mine went out last year and I replaced with a residential unit. Works great using little energy so you can still boon dock, just have to run the generator a little more. If you want to have the unit fixed, there is a place in Falksville. Ala rvrefrigeratorrepair.com 4279 Highway 31 Sw, Falkville, AL 35622 · (256) 784-5097, that will fix it for a lot less than a new one. I had them to fix one on my other coach and it worked great after the fix. I believe they are about a hundred miles south west of Chattanooga, TN.. Some have had the unit replaced with an Amish made unit that works great also.

Thanks for the tip Jerry. I gave them a call and left a message.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Same here Jeff. We replaced ours with a residential while in Elkhart and really like it. The old two way was starting to cost me money and it was on shaky legs. More room and half the cost to replace. Hope that this doesn't ruin your plans for meeting up with us at the TN SKP park?!! We just rolled into Fort Boonesborough State Park near Lexington, KY for three days and then on to Raccoon Valley.

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Same here Jeff. We replaced ours with a residential while in Elkhart and really like it. The old two way was starting to cost me money and it was on shaky legs. More room and half the cost to replace. Hope that this doesn't ruin your plans for meeting up with us at the TN SKP park?!! We just rolled into Fort Boonesborough State Park near Lexington, KY for three days and then on to Raccoon Valley.

Roger

Roger, we are suppose to be at Raccoon Valley Wednesday. It will depend on the refrigerator fix now. Hope to make a side trip to Alabama first. If not somebody in Knoxville will do it.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Back in Deming. I couldn't find sheets that really fit those narrow beds in the Navion so I making some by cutting a King size sheets down the middle and rehemming the cut edge. They come out just the right size for the narrow beds. I'm debating about not waiting for the gear box for the Vent/Skylight to come and taking off for the hills. I'll have to make sure I've taken all the food out of the trailer and cleaned the frig if I do. That's too long to chance just leaving the frig turned on. I'll also turn the power off and draw the slide in if it will still work. That sounds like work???? I may run over to Holiday World just to let them know I'm not a Happy Camper with thier slowness. If I had ordered the part myself from Winnebago it would have been here over night. I guess that's what I get for getting a Winnebego from a dealer who isn't an official Winnebego dealer.

Well, I've got every thing done I can do here so will leave again tomorrow. I can't get everything from the freezer in this trailer into the Navion Freezer. So, I have two choices, just go to City of Rocks a few days until I use enough to make room for the rest or put the excess from the freezer into the frig and hope I can use it before it runs through the cracks onto the floor. Or maybe just toss it in the first place. Decisions decisions decisions. One way or the other I'm leaving. One of my cowgirls has reservations up in Eagar, AZ that she is not going to use, she has already paid half of the weeks rent. She told me if I wanted to use it she would call them and tell them that I would honor the reservation instead of her and all I'd have to pay is the other half. Sounds like a deal but I will offer to give her the other half so she won't be loosing her deposit. Then from there I may go over to Show Low. I have a few friends that have bought property over there for summer residents. They all added extra rv sites and invite all LOWs to come over and check them out. I've been meaning to go there for several years but always end up somewhere else.