The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

There was a lunch meeting with some of the "Eastern Gang" yesterday in Harriman, TN. It was good to see Jeri and Terry again and meet the Hyder's. We rode out there with Lynn and Roger. Winter Florida plans are coming together.

Travel safe everyone.

Tina and Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's raining and cold. I have the heat pump turned on and it feels good. A very good day to take a Steve. I was toying with the Idea of starting a blog but decided my post here in the forum were as good a blog as I could do on Blogspot. Besides it is too much work trying to keep a blog interesting. Earlier today I checked the temperatures here and in Deming. There was a 28 degree difference. That's a bunch. And, I only have one more day of this before I have to go back to Deming but only long enough to pick up my tax records. I have no Idea of where I'll wander off to next.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I took a drive up to Show Low AZ yesterday. There are a bunch of singles up there who have bought 1 to 5 acres of land each way out in the boondocks. The only utility is electricity. They haul their water 500 gallons at a time and all have dug septic tanks. They have added other rv sites and invite other singles to come up and stay on the cheap. They have a happy hour every afternoon and plan some type of group activity just about every day. I asked about taxes on their property. $5 a year per acre. Its about 10 to 12 miles from the highway in a maze of county cinder roads. When you ask how to get there they tell DON'T use your GPS it will get you lost for sure. They give you directions to a General Store on the highway and tell you to call them from there and they will come out and guide you in. Then when I left they gave me a map to find my way out again. Before I started back to Eagar 4 of us went out to the Screaming Chicken Bar and Restaurant for lunch. That was an experience also. A good one though. The place was small and had a small dance hall about 16' by 16'. They give dance classes twice a week. Western two step & Waltz and Swing. It made for a rather pleasing day.

That sounds like a good place with good people. Glad you got to join them for at least a bit. May be time for you to start another square dance class?

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

It posted all the retries from yesterday today. I find you have to use the full editor to make it post. The quick editor just saves the post to lord knows where then post all the saved post at the same time later.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I'm having trouble with posting. I've posted several times and the forum don't update even if I reboot and load the forum again. If I poke the "More Reply Options" button all the post are shown there including replies to my post but won't show on the normal page 250. If I try to post from that reply box ( more options) I get a QSL error. I get the same results whether I use the park WiFi or my Verizon MyFi. It is also the same weather I use my Androiod tablet or the Mac tablet. So I won't be posting till I get out of this area or rvnetwork gets it fixed.

I'm having trouble with posting. I've posted several times and the forum don't update even if I reboot and load the forum again. If I poke the "More Reply Options" button all the post are shown there including replies to my post but won't show on the normal page 250. If I try to post from that reply box ( more options) I get a QSL error. I get the same results whether I use the park WiFi or my Verizon MyFi. It is also the same weather I use my Androiod tablet or the Mac tablet. So I won't be posting till I get out of this area or rvnetwork gets it fixed.

IYQ it's the site not you. I could even get it to scroll.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Cleaned up the dupes.

Discussion of the forum issues is going on down in the Bugs forum at the bottom of the main page but they are mostly fixed as of this morning.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Thanks Stanley, It had me scratching my head for a while.

It's spitting rain again today and making a lot of noise with the thunder. The temperature is still in the 60's. I did get a short walk in earlier though. Now I've given up on trying to go sight seeing from here. I'll just get ready to go to Deming in the morning. There is a restaurant here some place called the Rusty Cactus I wanted to try. I tried to find it the other day but ended up at the Sports Bar. Maybe it's out of business. I'll try again next time I'm up this way. They have an impressive menu on their web site.

Hey Sandie, Why'd you leave so early? We landed in Apache Junction for the night tonight. We found the oven we want at the Sears Outlet in Gilbert for $1300 less than anywhere else. The scratch is on the back :)

monday we rent a small Uhaul to get it back to Havasu.

Meanwhile we'll check out Payson and Apache Sitgreaves NF.

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Hey Sue & Paul. I just left the Apache Sitgrave forest today. You're late.

I came back to Deming today. Got my estimated tax payment in the Post Office and left again. But only got to City of Rocks. It was too late to head for any place further. I'm thinking about heading to Monticello campground of Elephant Butte State park tomorrow. It's a little dangerous to change parks heading into Laborday weekend but very few people know about the Monticello campground up on the north end of Elephant Butte Lake and they have 50 rv sites. I prefer it to the main campground down on the south end.

It's hard to keep sending in tax payments when the market is at a 3 year low. Which means I havent earned a cent for the last 3 years but the IRS still demands $1420 every 3 months. Taint fair. Oh well, I'll buy a few more new rigs and then I won't have anything for them to tax me on.

The weather has began to cool a bit in Deming. A bunch of my fellow LOWs returned while I was away. I had a little trouble getting back out the gate. Every one wanted to talk. I'll talk their ear off when I get back. I have to be back in October. I have a Doctor's appointment. He'll probably toss me out because I didn't do what he said to do on the last visit. If they all get mad at me I'll not loose another two years running around to all their referals and being told how old I am and I have to expect not being able to do every thing I use to.

I got chicken and decided to stay here at City of Rocks until Monday. It's cool enough here to boondock. If I couldn't get an electric site at Monticello, I'd be miserable. So I'll wait till the weekend warriors start heading back home. The best electric sites here are taken so I'm in site 1 boondocking and perfectly happy. I had to run the furnace this morning to get the chill out. I'm far enough from my closest neighbor that I even ran the gen set at 5 AM for coffee. This after noon there are day use people all over the place.

Hey Sandie, Why'd you leave so early? We landed in Apache Junction for the night tonight. We found the oven we want at the Sears Outlet in Gilbert for $1300 less than anywhere else. The scratch is on the back :)

monday we rent a small Uhaul to get it back to Havasu.

Meanwhile we'll check out Payson and Apache Sitgreaves NF.

We really needed a break from the heat but sorry we missed you guys. Jim was really worried that his Montana boat wouldn't remember who he was.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

The park was jumpin' today. Lots of wannabe photographers. Taking photos of others 50 ft away beside a rock the size of a house. Or taking photos of the rock area from several hundred yards away. It will look like gravel in their photo. Steve called today we had a good chat. He's down in New Orleans trying to eat his way out of the city. He told me of some friends heading toward Deming and warned me I'd probably get a call from them. Of course I'll tell them I don't know Steve. LOL. I'm glad to see him on the prowl again. He makes me nervous when he's in OKC during tornado season. I'm afraid I'll have to wear a suit to go to the funeral if they can find all the pieces. And worst of all it might mess up the ice cream machine. In the morning I'm going to crank this thing up and head for Monticello campground about 10 miles north of Truth or Concequences. I hope the weekenders have started to disperse by the time I get there. I have to stop at Wally World on the way. I'm completely out of meat and getting low on veggies, milk and cereal.

Who knew that Apache Sitgreave would be a hotbed of activity on Labor Day weekend? After spending one night boondocking, we left the crowds and came back to Apache Junction, where its quiet!!

Tomorrow we rent a Uhaul trailer and tote our new oven up to Havasu. First coat of stucco goes on the house Tuesday :)

RIP Dozey

I'm at Monticello campground North of T or C. I came through a mountain pass to get here that was a hum-dinger. Lots of very steep grades and switchbacks that were labeled 10MPH and two Iron bridges that had only 12.5 feet overhead clearance. It sure was pretty scenery but you couldn't take your eyes off the road long enough to look at it. This park was only about 1/4 full when I got here plenty of electric sites open. I could have came here Saturday with no problem. It's a little warmer than I'd like (89 degrees) but with the AC running I'll just wait till this evening to do much outside. The site is level enough I don't need any blocks. I need water but have enough to last until morning. I stopped at Wal-Mart in T or C so I'll eat pretty good while here. This 89 degree weather feels good if you first think of what the Soo's are having.

We're having 80s inside today. Our A/C broke a couple of days ago. On a holiday weekend, of course. At least it is supposed to cool down into the 60s tonight--I'm looking forward to sleeping without sweating.

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We're having 80s inside today. Our A/C broke a couple of days ago. On a holiday weekend, of course. At least it is supposed to cool down into the 60s tonight--I'm looking forward to sleeping without sweating.

Linda

Just pretend you are camping!

We are sooooooooooooo happy when we head up to Flagstaff with the truck camper and can sleep out in the forest with no A/C droning in our ears :)

Arrived back in Hades Hot Havasu with our new oven for the house. we saved over a grand by picking it up with the uhaul in Phoenix.

RIP Dozey

Well, the sleeping without sweating did not work even with a fan blowing right on me. Too much mass in the building holding heat, I suspect. Then this morning the office said the corporate A/C man was already booked all day today. They brought us a box fan, at our request, to help until he can come tomorrow so probably no decent sleep again tonight. I hope they replace our A/C this time instead of just patching it again. Said they have seven on their replacement list already. This building is at an age when many things are starting to go. But, they are now making all residents sign a no smoking agreement so perhaps we will have fewer fire alarms now. And our rent went up 4% this year so I'm hoping to get some value from that. (It has gone up every year.) They did replace a stained bathroom floor for us that I've been asking for since we moved in--I hope that's not all they do for our constantly increasing rent. They are doing some new landscaping but that doesn't make living here worth more to me. Especially since they let the good housekeeper go so the hallways/elevators don't look as good as they used to do. Apparently its all about curb appeal now?

Linda

Well, the sleeping without sweating did not work even with a fan blowing right on me. Too much mass in the building holding heat, I suspect. Then this morning the office said the corporate A/C man was already booked all day today. They brought us a box fan, at our request, to help until he can come tomorrow so probably no decent sleep again tonight. I hope they replace our A/C this time instead of just patching it again. Said they have seven on their replacement list already. This building is at an age when many things are starting to go. But, they are now making all residents sign a no smoking agreement so perhaps we will have fewer fire alarms now. And our rent went up 4% this year so I'm hoping to get some value from that. (It has gone up every year.) They did replace a stained bathroom floor for us that I've been asking for since we moved in--I hope that's not all they do for our constantly increasing rent. They are doing some new landscaping but that doesn't make living here worth more to me. Especially since they let the good housekeeper go so the hallways/elevators don't look as good as they used to do. Apparently its all about curb appeal now?

Linda

Linda

Get an RV and head for the hills.

I've decided to go to Manzano Mountain State Park in the morning. This park completely emptied out yesterday afternoon. There is only one other guest, myself and the host in the whole park and they have over a hundred sites. It is very comfortable here but the A/C is necessary. The only reason I'm going to Manzano is because I've never stayed at that park. Every time I tried I found the park closed for some reason or another. I have a Cowgirl friend that lives over in Hartley TX. She just opened a restaurant over there she plans to give to here Daughter. So, she isn't doing much traveling now and won't be coming to Deming. I may go on over there and give her some moral support for a couple of days. AND TEST THE FOOD. I know she will appreciate seeing old friends but I won't stay more than 2 days. Then, visit the high country till I have to go back to Deming. It's HOT in Hartley. Hartley is very small. Sort of a wide place in the road.

Well, we are camping at a local Wal-mart tonight. No electricity and no AC. I'm already sweating. That Alabama humidity is pretty fierce after a rain storm and we had one big rain storm on our way here. Tomorrow -- Pensacola but we'll have AC. I can hardly wait for that.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net