The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

I'm up in City of Rocks sitting outside under the sun shelter and enjoying doing nothing. It's comfortable in the shade and the scenery is fantastic. All the rain we got the last couple of weeks has turned the entire desert green. I forgot to bring my hand held GPS so I won't be venturing out into the rocks but they're plenty interesting from here. The boondock sites are right in the rocks but trying to find a level one is impossible. Besides I like the current bush beside my RV so I can run the AC. Every time I go out with the Navion I find something I really need but forgot to add to the load. This time it's a pen. I finally found a mechanicle pencil in my carving tools so was able to make out the ticket to go with the money to put in the Iron Ranger. It's 1000 feet higher here than the Ranch in Deming. That makes it about 5 degrees cooler which isn't much but you sure can feel the difference. In the morning I have a nice long walk planned.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow... lots going on with everyone! Linda & Ron just spent a few days with us... was fun to have them return for a second visit in our campground this summer! Good to have them now on the Class Map (thanks, Jeri).

Lynn & Roger... sure hoping everything works out well for you regarding your RV. Time for some worry-free RVing!!!

Sandie & Jim... you know that we are thinking of you, wishing Jim a quick recovery and some good fishing times up north!

Delcie & Freddy... sorry to know you have had some health issues, Delcie, and that you are managing that and having a good summer. Keeping good thoughts for you regarding Heidi... having an aging pet ourselves, these issues are on our minds.

Sue & Paul... fun to see your house coming along. Hope you are having a blast watching it come together!

Lee... we have a Navion in our campground and thinking of you! Hope your eyes continue to do well and that you enjoy some travels. City of Rocks sounds like a good choice... we enjoyed it there ourselves.

To everyone... lots of heat and weather issues, projects and repairs... stay safe and be well!

Dianne & Tom

Tom & Dianne Wartman
Class of 2012, and happy members of the Classless Class
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire MH
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com

We have had a great visit with Jeri and Terry. Terry has been helping me work on our little cabin/storage building and I may have over worked him as he left in a hurry today. Actually I needed a break as he can out work me. Everybody watch for the streak as Jeri flies by. I know she is on a plane as my broom is still here. She may get mad at me again, oh well she has to return as I have her MH and truck here. Great visit with our RV friends, Jeri and Terry, and we plan on spending this winter with them in Florida.

Jerry

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

We have had a great visit with Jeri and Terry. Terry has been helping me work on our little cabin/storage building and I may have over worked him as he left in a hurry today. Actually I needed a break as he can out work me. Everybody watch for the streak as Jeri flies by. I know she is on a plane as my broom is still here. She may get mad at me again, oh well she has to return as I have her MH and truck here. Great visit with our RV friends, Jeri and Terry, and we plan on spending this winter with them in Florida.

Jerry

Yeah, they made us work for our RV spot! Lots of folks going to Florida this year .. we'll have a good crowd when we figure what we're going to do.

Terry's heading to Phoenix tomorrow so he'll be the one streaking through the sky.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Jerry

Jerry, thanks for letting us know that Jeri is a streaker. It will be fun watching her. It even beats the meteor showers. Does she wear a trench coat when she's out streaking. I saw one at a football game once.

I'm enjoying my second and last day at City of Rocks. I took a nice long walk ( slowly) this morning then came back to the rig and took a nice long Steve. The site beside me became free this morning and is much more level than this site. Just as I decided to move over there a slide in camper rolled in and ended that plan. It's just as well. I have to return to Deming tomorrow for my last Eye appointment anyway. I could come up here again Saturday but I have an appointment in Las Cruces Tuesday. Then another doctors appointment the following Tuesday. By that time my new glasses should be ready so I might be able to venture a little farther away and stay longer. Cross your fingers.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

How this got posted twice, once on both sides of Jeri's post I'll never know. Must be all that Streaking Jeri is doing now.

Edited by IYQ

Jerry, thanks for letting us know that Jeri is a streaker. It will be fun watching her. It even beats the meteor showers. Does she wear a trench coat when she's out streaking. I saw one at a football game once.

Yeah, right. That's not going to happen. Well, we're back and the temperatures have finally cooled down to the middle 70's. They had been running in the mid to upper 90's when we left. However, after all the heat and humidity I was cold all day and had to have a sweatshirt on. We've been so busy running around that it took just one day to get a little bored. No one to talk to 'cuz they all work. If Justin wasn't coming in this weekend, I'd vote for another little trip. :blink: Heck, I even broke down and used the work-out room this morning. At least Roger and Jeff are keeping me busy researching Florida RV parks.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

I'm back in Deming getting ready for tomorrow's eye appointment. I decided I'd better give my self some time to clean up a bit so I wouldn't stink up the eye clinic's office too much. I'm hoping they take all the needed readings and measurements for my new glasses and get them ordered. Then Monday I have an appointment in Las Cruces to get the power riser on the large vent of the Navion fixed. Them not being a Winnebago dealer that might not happen. Then I only have one more appointment on the 4th of August. If my Vehicle Title comes by then all thats holding me up is the registration and with the clear Title that should be a snap.

I really enjoyed the two days at city of rocks. I didn't do much except walk and shoot the bull with my new neighbors up there but it was a welcome break from the routine around here.

Terry's heading to Phoenix tomorrow so he'll be the one streaking through the sky.

She even has Terry doing it now. I never would have thunk it.

Well that's good to know because my space station sighting alarm went off and we weren't expecting it, so it must have seen Terry flying by!

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

One more appointment out of the way. The eye doctor seemed happy this morning and gave me a prescription for new glasses. They sent me to the reval eye clinic next door to have it filled. Saying they were authorized to get partial payment for new glasses through Medicare while their own optical department was not. So I went next door and ordered the new glasses. The gal said anywhere from one to three weeks depending on how busy the lab was and how fast Medicare responded. Next comes the appointment for the Navion Tuesday morning at Holiday World. Then on the 4th of August I have an appointment with a proctologist to check my own exhaust system to make sure some problems back there are not cancer. By then I hope the Title for the Navion has been issed and the mail service has been able to get it registered in SD. Then Freedom.

The eye clinic gave me another appointment for January 2016 but I have a hunch that is one appointment I'm going to forget about.

All the streaking Jeri and Terry are doing has Steve all confused. He better be careful. He might turn the dials on that Delorian Flux Capacitor Do-thingy a little to far and zap himself back in time more than the 14 Billion years since the Big Bang.

Edited by IYQ

All the streaking Jeri and Terry are doing has Steve all confused. He better be careful. He might turn the dials on that Delorian Flux Capacitor Do-thingy a little to far and zap himself back in time more than the 14 Billion years since the Big Bang.

I'm guessing we better keep our plans secret about any future streaking ideas. Lots of places I'd like to streak to right now.

Terry will probably be back in the PNW next week. His mother is going into a rehab center to get her strength back. Then, she may go into assisted living. However, no one knows whats wrong. We have a few ideas but that's about it. It's nice being here but kids work during the week and I'm bored spitless. The only thing of interest is all the emails I'm getting about Florida travel ideas! :rolleyes:

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

I drove up to Silver city to check out a couple RV Parks. One has a nice location near Wal-Mart and a good restaurant but at $35 per night the park isn't anything to write home about. Silver city is only about 3° cooler than City of rocks and it's only $10 a day or nothing with my NM Parks pass. $4 if I use electric. Pinos Eltos is much cooler and cost $20 per day but they have let the park run down and the sites are not even close to level. Plus all the cool places like the ice cream shop, restaurant and museum are now closed so life is pretty dull there. Cloud Croft is nice and cool over above Alamagordo but at 8600 feet I don't think I'll be spending much time there. So far Eagar AZ at 7000 feet looks like it will be my summer choice. It's about 190 miles from Deming. Springerville is right next door but their RV parks are a little run down. And that is about all the cooler places within 200 mile I can think of.

His mother is going into a rehab center to get her strength back. Then, she may go into assisted living. However, no one knows whats wrong. We have a few ideas but that's about it.

Dave's dad got weak when he stopped being interested in meals. He got tired of the preparation. Turned out he was not eating enough calories to maintain muscle mass. As much as we would like to think it's possible, you really cannot live on cookies. Hopefully your Mom's assisted living place will serve three meals per day instead of the one that Carl's place served.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Dave's dad got weak when he stopped being interested in meals. He got tired of the preparation. Turned out he was not eating enough calories to maintain muscle mass. As much as we would like to think it's possible, you really cannot live on cookies. Hopefully your Mom's assisted living place will serve three meals per day instead of the one that Carl's place served.

Linda

That's one of the main reasons for putting her into an assisted living or you could call it, retirement facility are those meals. When my brother was in the retirement facility he just opted for the one meal a day plan. They had a choice of how many meals. That's not good because that's all he ate. She will definitely be on a 3-meal a day plan.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Sundays are bad days for me. I can never find anything I want to do. So, I sit here twiddling my thumbs trying to think of some kind of trouble to get into to break the boredom. I've scrambled Rubics cube and solved it about 20 times till my wrist got sore from all the twisting. The only thing I can think of is to go have lunch at Adobe Deli. But that only takes about an hour. The Cod Basket they have does sound pretty good though. No wonder I can't lose any weight. Steve and Jeri won't even post something I can twist all out of shape and harass them about. Guess I'll just take another Steve.

Well we finally got the house finished and it looks great. The roofer finished yesterday and did a really good job of cleaning up. I gave the grandkids a quarter for all the nails they could find and so far am only out a dollar. I told them they couldn't pull the nails out of the house, and that seemed to dampen their enthusiasm a bit :huh: New gutters, soffits, and roof, so now we can finally break away from this place. Looks like next Monday will be pull out date if I can get the bus unstuck from the ground between now and then. We're going to head down to McKinney, TX to get a couple of our MCD shades repaired and then head for the factory in Red Bay, Alabama to have a few modifications made to make this one really ours!! Jeri, I think we need to go on the one meal plan, or so says our scale (but you know how those things lie)! I keep dropping it on the floor to break it, but its the toughest thing we have in the house. :lol: Hope everyone is having a great summer and finding a cool place to hang out. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Well we finally got the house finished and it looks great. The roofer finished yesterday and did a really good job of cleaning up. I gave the grandkids a quarter for all the nails they could find and so far am only out a dollar. I told them they couldn't pull the nails out of the house, and that seemed to dampen their enthusiasm a bit :huh: New gutters, soffits, and roof, so now we can finally break away from this place. Looks like next Monday will be pull out date if I can get the bus unstuck from the ground between now and then. We're going to head down to McKinney, TX to get a couple of our MCD shades repaired and then head for the factory in Red Bay, Alabama to have a few modifications made to make this one really ours!! Jeri, I think we need to go on the one meal plan, or so says our scale (but you know how those things lie)! I keep dropping it on the floor to break it, but its the toughest thing we have in the house. :lol: Hope everyone is having a great summer and finding a cool place to hang out. Steve

Glad things have gone well and you're about to hit the road again. How are the eyes? Wintering in Florida? We are about to melt in Memphis. Heat index from 100 - 110 and it's not a dry heat either. The heat index is still the mid 80s in the morning. Good luck getting the bus unstuck. LOL.

Stay cool and safe everyone.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Oh Man, Steve is on the loose again. Now I know I'm going to fire up the Navion and head for the hills. Glad you got the house finished Steve. I know that's a load off your back and mind. Happy Highways

Alright gang, help. Doug does not like asking for help but he is at his wit's end. In April our hot tank was not working properly so we replaced it. Since then it has still not worked properly. Works sometimes. The red light in the control box is always on but it you flick it off for a second or two and on again it would work. We could live with that. Then it stopped. Doug thought it was the regulator so he replaced that. Worked again the hokey way. Then it stopped. He thought maybe it was the tank. He bought a new small one. It worked hokey for another while. Today he bought a new 30 pounder. Nothing. It will not fire. It ticks like it is trying but it will not fire. The stove elements all work well.

Any suggestions before we ask a serviceman. You know how he hates to do that.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Alright gang, help. Doug does not like asking for help but he is at his wit's end. In April our hot tank was not working properly so we replaced it. Since then it has still not worked properly. Works sometimes. The red light in the control box is always on but it you flick it off for a second or two and on again it would work. We could live with that. Then it stopped. Doug thought it was the regulator so he replaced that. Worked again the hokey way. Then it stopped. He thought maybe it was the tank. He bought a new small one. It worked hokey for another while. Today he bought a new 30 pounder. Nothing. It will not fire. It ticks like it is trying but it will not fire. The stove elements all work well.

Any suggestions before we ask a serviceman. You know how he hates to do that.

Sounds like the solinoid to me. If you hear a click three times and the light goes off then comes right back on and repeats that action 3 times then the light comes on and stays on it shows the circuit board is working but the gas isn't being turned on which is the job of the solinoid. It could be weak which would make it work some times but not always or burned out and not work at all. The gas valve getting sticky so the solinod isn't strong enough to open it would cause the same problem. But if Doug Changed the whole HW heater I'd suspect the wall switch had burnt contacts or makes only an intermittent contact or the two wires coming from the wall switch are corroded or broken inside the insulation. A common place for rust and corrosion of those wires are the two spade connectors on the front of the heater just inside the cover. Edited by IYQ

Sounds like the solinoid to me. If you hear a click three times and the light goes off then comes right back on and repeats that action 3 times then the light comes on and stays on it shows the circuit board is working but the gas isn't being turned on which is the job of the solinoid. It could be weak which would make it work some times but not always or burned out and not work at all. The gas valve getting sticky so the solinod isn't strong enough to open it would cause the same problem. But if Doug Changed the whole HW heater I'd suspect the wall switch had burnt contacts or makes only an intermittent contact or the two wires coming from the wall switch are corroded or broken inside the insulation. A common place for rust and corrosion of those wires are the two spade connectors on the front of the heater just inside the cover.

Thank you Lee. Doug will try that in the morning.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Doug, when I mentioned the cover of the HW Heater I meant the inside cove not the one on the outside of the trailer.