Closures and travel restrictions due to Corona Virus

It’s sad to learn that Escapee Coop parks are already refusing new visiting campers or considering to do so. I hope they realize that many fulltimer Escapees will soon be looking for a place of refuge. The thought that this group is one big, happy, welcoming family is not holding up.

Tom and Mare

The Breeze RV

https://thebreezerv.wordpress.com

2002 National Sea Breeze

2004 Harley Electra Glide Classic

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Tcwndsr said:

It’s sad to learn that Escapee Coop parks are already refusing new visiting campers or considering to do so. I hope they realize that many fulltimer Escapees will soon be looking for a place of refuge. The thought that this group is one big, happy, welcoming family is not holding up.

Sites in SKP co-op parks are usually individually owned. It makes sense to me that those owners want them available for their own refuge.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

4 hours ago, chiefneon said:

........ just heard that Amazon is suspending all its business we are staying put. ....... I just heard that Canada has closed their border only permitting Canadian citizens and residents to enter. ..... Mexico has been said to be doing the same.

Here's what's happening at Amazon:  https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/17/amazon-limiting-shipments-to-certain-types-of-products-due-to-covid-19-pandemic/

Canada is not closing the border to everyone - YET  https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/16/world/canada-border-closing/index.html

I don't think Mexico has closed the border yet but Trump probably will.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

1 hour ago, Tcwndsr said:

I haven't heard this.  Where did you?  If so, it may be because folks travel from other states and the recommendation now is to not to do so for the possibility of acquiring the coronavirus.  Otherwise, March is usually full with the lot owners or long-term renters in the southern parks but come May onward there are plenty of owner sites available.

Full-timed for 16 Years

6 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

I haven't heard this.  Where did you?  If so, it may be because folks travel from other states and the recommendation now is to not to do so for the possibility of acquiring the coronavirus.  Otherwise, March is usually full with the lot owners or long-term renters in the southern parks but come May onward there are plenty of owner sites available.

latest news letter 

Have issue viewing this email? Click here

8e71b60ca3ecacedce14ebcc7ff5af67.png?r=801990312

22f431b380152c848a237b82b7299854.jpg?r=26938764

It's fun to look back on photos, like this one from the Smokey Mountains Hangout, and think about the good times we've had with friends on the road. Though it's hard to practice social distancing and stay away from our friends right now, know that doing so will help ensure you all can get together again for more fun in the future!

Escapees & COVID-19

At a time when we are encouraged to maintain several feet between us and others, self-contained, a phrase we hear often as RVers, takes on a new meaning doesn't it?

The good news is that RVing has prepared us well for this! Bringing our homes with us on the road allows RVers a level of comfort that others are lacking right now. You have more control over your environment than most anyone else, and social-distancing is fairly easy, especially when you enjoy boondocking.

Keep reading to learn the latest from Escapees regarding upcoming events, as well as resources to help you weather this national emergency.

Affected Events

Escapees RV Club leadership and event directors have been closely monitoring the circumstances surrounding the spread of the coronavirus disease, otherwise known as COVID-19. As the situation continues to evolve, we will continue to monitor guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) to inform our decisions regarding upcoming Escapees events and to do our part in preventing the spread of COVID-19.

It is with a heavy heart that we made the difficult decision to cancel or postpone all events currently scheduled through June 17. This includes our Convergences, Hangouts, and Head-out Program (HOP) events as well as our RVers Boot Camps. We do not wish to risk the safety and well-being of our membership by continuing with these events. Event-specific changes will be communicated to those registered for these events and refunds will be issued.

At this time, we are still looking forward to Escapade. However, a final decision regarding its cancellation or postponement will be made no later than May 4, 2020.

We understand that this issue is cause for concern to many, and our deepest sympathies go out to all who have been affected already. We assure you that as the situation continues to develop, we will make our decisions with the health and well-being of our members and employees as our highest priority.

Impact on Rainbow Parks

You will also see changes at our Rainbow Parks. For the safety of our park staff and guests, access to certain amenities will be restricted for the foreseeable future. Though access is restricted, please know our parks are still open for guests.

All park buildings are closed and locked to the general public, including campground staff and park residents, until further notice with exception to laundry rooms and exterior-accessible restrooms. This includes park offices, activity centers, clubhouses, etc.

Park offices are closed to outside guests. If you need to make a reservation, ask a question, make a payment, etc, you will have to call the park office. Staff will still be available during regular office hours, but face-to-face interaction is discouraged.

Lastly, social hours, meals, and formal community gatherings are cancelled until further notice.

Rainbow Parks

Resources for RVers

abd2b8d1041c9c750a9dca05d6cab55b.jpg?r=601701135

COVID-19 Campground Closures

Looking for the latest information on state parks and campgrounds affected by COVID-19 related regulations? This list, curated by our friends at Campendium.com, covers all of the current closures and restrictions by state.

8969b2548c03f44b5de3a747b513bae4.jpg?r=1947288330

Finding Great Boondocking Locations

One of the easiest and more enjoyable ways for RVers to practice social distancing is by boondocking. This approach to camping takes you into interesting areas where you have more freedom to dictate how close to, or far from, you would like to be with other RVers.

5dbf012508d300b5b71aec1131306f50.jpg?r=753842588

Remote Meetings Aren't Just for Work

Even if you prefer your own company to being surrounded by others, it doesn't take long to feel isolated when you can't socialize when you want to. This article from NPR explains the benefit of virtual happy hours to keep us connected when we have to stay physically distant.

Social Distancing & Flattening the Curve

We have been asked "why take such drastic measures?" and "aren't you overreacting?" Social distancing, as described by Johns Hopkins, is the practice of maintaining a physical distance between yourself and others. This is extremely important in slowing the spread of the coronavirus disease. Washing your hands properly and keeping them away from your face can only do so much if you are in constant contact with others.

7f8de2c87f275f543f2bc2d01ec0a7dc.png?r=1313188700

Graphs courtesy of The Washington Post

Social events are important to our members, our Escapees family. We thrive on laughing together, sharing meals, and learning from each other. Unfortunately, the very thing that helps us feel more like family also puts many of our members' health at risk. COVID-19 is a dangerous disease for those who have compromised immune systems, heart health issues, respiratory health issues, and other health concerns. Those who do become infected often require medical attention, even hospitalization.

This is where the now-common phrase, flattening the curve, is important. When forecasting the rate of infection, data analysts see a steep curve form as number of infections increases exponentially over a short period of time. As illustrated in this article from the Washington Post, limiting person-to-person interaction slows the spread of COVID-19. As interconnected as our world is, it is virtually impossible to stop the spread of the coronavirus disease.

Instead, the CDC recommends we do what we can to slow the spread, or "flatten the curve," of infection so that fewer people are sick and in need of medical treatment at once. Fewer people in need of medical treatment at the same time means that there are much better chances of recovery as they will have better access to necessary medical care.

This is why we have chosen to follow the CDC's guidelines regarding social gatherings and canceled or postponed most of our upcoming events. We are confident that our decision is the right one in order to do our part in protecting all of our members, especially those who are most at risk.

We look forward to the time when we are able to safely resume events and enjoy our favorite part of RVing- you!

Do you have feedback you want to share with Escapees RV Club staff and/or Board of Directors? Use this feedback form to ensure your thoughts are heard by our staff and leadership.

03fd1995aac01013f7126391d1de8949.png?r=759260330

Connect With Us

flat-outline-dark-round-facebook.png

flat-outline-dark-round-youtube.png

flat-outline-dark-round-instagram.png

flat-outline-dark-round-pinterest.png

flat-outline-dark-round-website.png

flat-outline-dark-round-email.png

Escapees RV Club
100 Rainbow DR
Livingston, TX 77351
United States

Unsubscribe from our newsletter

lt.php?nl=5&c=216&m=308&s=4cbbb341c5ebd4aae4f7b76a56c73677&l=open

7 hours ago, Tcwndsr said:

There are policies in place if an owner wishes to return to their site. Empty sites should be available to others in the meantime.

Where did you t?the information that they are not? The news posted by palmaris does not indicate that and each co-op park is managed by it's own board of directors. Please share your source of information. 

If you plan to visit one of the co-op parks, I suggest that you contact them yourself to see what is happening there.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Lone Star Corral has already made the decision not to allow visitors - see their webpage. I believe Jojoba Hills ha s done the same but can’t confirm. Kofa in Yuma is deciding on it today at a meeting according to their FB page

Tom and Mare

The Breeze RV

2002 National Sea Breeze

Kofa Co-op is closed to new renters and dry campers for the rest of the season, from their FB page. 

Saguaro Co-op in Benson has also closed according to Xscapers FB page.

Very disappointing!

Edited by Tcwndsr

Tom and Mare

The Breeze RV

2002 National Sea Breeze

Not sure but have been told that the park in Temecula CA, Johoba, is also closed due to a resident testing positive. I have  not verified this info   

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

The RV park we summer in is discussing how they can communicate during this time of social distancing.  In the past they use to have Monday Coffee and donuts in the lodge (which has a capacity of 300) to share news updates, community issues and activities, then email afterwards meeting minutes. 

With many here still working on the road and/or have children home from school what software/apps is your business or school using to communicate, conduct business meetings or class seminars?

Update from their web site....

Florida SKP Resort Corona Virus Policy Emergency Policy adopted by the Board of Directors Effective March 19, 2020 Our park, for the immediate future, will remain open to accept traveling SKP members seeking a rental site, based on space availability. However, in lieu of closing our park to non-members, we have developed a policy to both serve traveling SKP members and protect our park members. A major factor behind this policy is that as you can well imagine, many of our members are considered “high risk” under US CDC and WHO definitions. Please call ahead to 863-735-1499, to see if there is space available. We will initially accommodate you in our overflow lot (water, 20 Amp service) while we attempt to manage rotating placement as best we can to make “social distancing” easier. Therefore, effective immediately, all visitors will be required to sign an agreement to abide by the following rules. A single violation of any of these provisions will result in immediate expulsion from the park and the forfeiture of any advance payment made for the site. If you do not agree to abide by these rules, you will be denied access to the resort and required to leave immediately. While to some, this may seem drastic, we must protect our vulnerable, at risk members. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. We can, as a community of RVers, work together to remain safe. For the duration of your stay here at the resort, or up to 14 days, whichever comes first, the following restrictions are in place. A. Your unit must be completely self-contained. B. The club house, pool, kitchen, restrooms, library, and laundry room are off limits. C. Self-quarantine.... please enjoy a walk around our beautiful park but do your best to avoid close contact with others. We are a friendly park, but these are difficult times. Waves and hellos are always welcome! D. Walk your pets as necessary, but again, avoid others. E. Practice the recommended protocols regarding habits to stay healthy.... frequent hand washing, disposable tissues etc. Members: In order to stay healthy, we must insist that all payments, drop off documents etc. to the office, mail pick be done via the mail room versus the office window. Package pick up will be an exception.

Edited by palmeris

I talked with our daughter, an over the road truck driver, today. She said all truck stops are required by law to stay open. She thought it would be helpful for RVers to know this.

She currently runs a regular route carrying packing material for bullets one direction and toilet paper the other direction so her job is safe as long as manufacturing continues. :) 

Linda Sand

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

22 minutes ago, sandsys said:

I talked with our daughter, an over the road truck driver, today. She said all truck stops are required by law to stay open. She thought it would be helpful for RVers to know this.

She currently runs a regular route carrying packing material for bullets one direction and toilet paper the other direction so her job is safe as long as manufacturing continues. :) 

Linda Sand

Linda, I’m not sure but have been told that the rest stops may be open but the bathrooms at the rest stops are closing. I hit the road next so will know for sure then. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

Fulltimer

1 hour ago, Twotoes said:

Linda, I’m not sure but have been told that the rest stops may be open but the bathrooms at the rest stops are closing. I hit the road next so will know for sure then. 

My understanding is that the truck stops that are locking buildings are installing portable johns. Be glad you have your own toilet on board. And your own food.

Linda

2 hours ago, sandsys said:

My understanding is that the truck stops that are locking buildings are installing portable johns. Be glad you have your own toilet on board. And your own food.

Linda

Yuk!  I hope not.  Can you imagine the condition of portables with hundreds trying to use them?  Bring your own TP, also.

Full-timed for 16 Years

5 hours ago, sandsys said:

Linda Sand

Toilet paper and bullets, there is a run on both.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

I can find nothing to indicate that truck stops are required to stay open, and I have done extensive searching for such an order, law, or directive. However, there are several reports from trucking industry publications that indicate that most truck stops are open and very busy and last night on the TV news they reported a long list of companies that are hiring and trucking companies are on that list. This is a link to Transport Topics with the most recent report on truck stops in this emergency time and it was posted March 20.

How Truck Stops Are Serving Truckers While Keeping Them Safe

They also report that most states have their rest areas open.

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

"PA Turnpike to reopen all 17 closed service plazas to support truckers amid COVID-19 crisis"

https://cdllife.com/2020/pa-turnpike-to-reopen-all-17-closed-service-plazas-to-support-truckers-amid-covid-19-crisis/

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Wow, I would think a permanent bathroom would be more safe and sanitary than a Port-A-Potty. They may go days without cleaning. It would be better just to keep the regular bathrooms open. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

Fulltimer

6 hours ago, Twotoes said:

Wow, I would think a permanent bathroom would be more safe and sanitary than a Port-A-Potty. They may go days without cleaning. It would be better just to keep the regular bathrooms open. 

I think the concept is that port-a-potties can be spaced six feet apart. I also suspect they are being cleaned much more often than those things usually happen. But, I'm just guessing on both of those. But, I'm pleased to see showers being open since I don't know any truckers who have a shower in their cab--emergency use toilets, yes, showers no. Our daughter gets home time every other week; that's a long time to go without a shower.

Linda

I know when I yard jockeyed at a Amazon facility many driver would take sink baths in the drivers bathroom, good thing there was another bathroom inside we could use as the drivers one was always a bit on the nasty side.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch