Class of 2013 is awful quiet

archer

I have to believe the same type companies are available there. Save yourself a huge amount of work and hire someone to sell it for you. We were told not to throw out or donate ANYTHING! We will be surprised what will sell. We do not want to have to put anything into storage. We will hold out a few items (will move them to the coach) or give our kids a couple of things they requested, but otherwise everything goes.

GS Lifetime #822128658, FMCA #F431170

2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Extended Class B

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I’m now less than 5 weeks away from fulltiming so I thought it would be a good time to join the 2013 class.

Retired this past January but have been planning this for the past 4 years. Actually I consider myself more of a full time camper as I will be solo in a truck camper and prefer state / federal parks to private RV parks, but even they do have their place in my plans. After doing a lot of research I found a truck camper to be the perfect unit for me. I will pick up the new Arctic Fox 1150 on May 1 and hit the road.

I have emptied out the apartment and (except for the bed and a love seat) have only those things that will be available in the camper. Living this way for the next month will give me a good idea if I have everything I need and perhaps things I don’t need.

American RV in Grand Rapids has been great to work with over the past year. They weighed my unit for me when it arrived and I’ve already weighed the truck. This way I know ahead of time just how much stuff I can carry and still stay within my GVWR.

Plan on traveling 13 states in the next 11 months, mostly in the mid-west and south. But will visit Glacier, Yellowstone and Tetons this August and September. Then head south to MS, LA and FL for the winter. Would love to do Alaska in 2014 and perhaps spend the winter in the southwest.

Looking forward to “living the dream”!

Dave

Ford F350, Supercab, 4x4, 6.2L, 4.30 axle, DRW, slide in camper package, 13,300 GVWR. AF 1150, wet bath, solar.

Well, we finally did it. Moved out of house the day before the estate sale, moved to a local state park, signed the paper work for the sale and left the Raleigh area on Saturday. Estate sale was wonderful. They did all the work and I didn't mind the 35% commission. Made more than we thought we would. Only problem was getting sick the day we move out. So our first week as fulltimers was a sick week for both of us. But feeling much better and glad the house sale is behind us. Working out of the RV is seamless but looking forward to retiring and really getting on the road in June. We will be at SKP Acre and hope any of you that are there will let us know so we can meet.

Shirley & Neil
F350 and 2015 Open Range Light 318RLS
Winston, 2008 Cardigan Welsh Corgi and Nellie, 2010 Scottish Terrier

We are "Planning" to be full-time mid-summer. We have not purchased a Rig yet, and won't until after Christine gets done with this tax season (She's a CPA with a Masters in Taxation) after April 15th.

The current choice is a "Powerhouse Coach", easy to maintain, large living quaters, and can haul whatever we put behind it, which will probably be a lot.

I've had a 5th wheel, then a 32' Gas Class A, rebuilt a 40' 1973 steel horse trailer to have full living quarters, and stil be able to hold our two massive hareys, 2 horses, or one of each. I've also built my own trailer for behind my Bike which we took out west for a month and camped in a tent a couple of years ago.

We don't have to sell out house, but we do need to get rid of furniture. I am guessing the Estate Sale direction will be best for us, looks like it worked well for others, and On Cape Cod estate sales are commonplace.

I'll post more when we get closer/actually purchase a Rig.

--- Jess & Christine (+Tobias the Border Collie)

Our listing will go in today or tomorrow (realtor says Thursdays are the best day to start a listing). Wish us luck on a quick sale! Spent the last week getting everything ready to show the house. Realtor says he is impressed. Our estate sale is scheduled for May 16 and May 17.

Tomorrow we head to the dealer to accept our MH. Will spend one or two overnights there to ensure we are familiar enough and there are no little things to be fixed. We will not be able to check everything (do not have a subscription to Dish Network yet (coach has two Dish Network receivers already)). Gonna try to check most everything else. We are taking our video camera to record as much of the day's events as we can. This will allow us to refresh our memories when needed.

I would spend some time checking small details. Sticky valves, vent gaskets, stciky esccape windws. Try them out make sure they open easily. I've had a lot of problems with my new rig.

This is very strange, the page display just changed soom levels while wriiting this wiith no commands to do so.

I digress. IN all other respects best of luck and I hope everything runs smoothly.

Together we, Ranger and Jin

www.desertbandanna.com - The

Heartland North Country RETS31
2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty, Ext Cab, Dually 4x4, 7.3l diesel.

I will do that Ranger, thanks. The salesman called tonight and said they are finished with the detailing and moving it into the showroom for our arrival at 9:30 tomorrow. We will spend the day going through it, and checking everything I can think to check, then move outside to the hookups and spend at least one night, perhaps 2 nights right at the dealer. We want to know as much as we can before leaving.

Our listing will go in today or tomorrow (realtor says Thursdays are the best day to start a listing). Wish us luck on a quick sale! Spent the last week getting everything ready to show the house. Realtor says he is impressed.

The housing market -- at least in our area -- has changed drastically since last year. We sold for full ask in 5 weeks. I can't imagine that happening a year ago.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

That's what we are hoping for as well. Our realtor states in our price range there are few offerings and ours seems to be one of the best. We "beat the pants off" the house around the corner that is listed for $20K less.

We just got home from closing on our house. (Funny line isn't it?) We sold the house but we're back in it for a few more days due to our doing a lease back. Our buyers asked us to let them close early because it would somehow save them some interest, so we went along.

So, we're now renters for a few days...doing the final emptying out of the house over the next couple of days. We'll probably be more camping in the driveway than living in the house.

Exciting days!

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

We had our closing on the 13th and now are busy planing the year. So far the only big item is a month of volunteer work in Livingston, then it looks like Branson for a few weeks, Idaho for a month catching the state fair, Colorado for a month catching the state fair there also and finishing in New Mexaco for a few weeks to catch the Baloon Festival. Throwing in a few stops along the way it should be a great time.

Happy camping to the rest of the class

Dan & Janice

Dan & Janice
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Dually
2014 Harley Ultra Limited
2012 Dutchman Voltage 3905
Daisy the Guard Schnauzer

Hello class 2013, we are officially homeless.... we closed on the sticks and bricks yesterday at 2.. it feels so amazing. We haven't been able to stop smiling. We also will have to learn the relax mode again. This has been non stop for 2 years. Everyone keeps asking where is our first trip to? Honestly nothing major yet maybe to Omaha to visit our elderly aunt then anywhere we want. :))

This will be first time that we can go on a trip and not have to rush back to work and mowing lawn and pool maintenance. Priceless

Look forward to meeting up on the road. I guess quartzite is a must next year.

Stacy and Frank

We are at the dealer right now. We spent several hours (6 to 8) doing a walk through yesterday (a ton to learn). Several items have to be worked on today. We might stay another night before heading home just to ensure we are comfortable in the MH.

The house was listed yesterday and the realtor had the first showing last evening. Hoping for a quick sale as well.

Congrats on you 3 that closed. Now the real adventure begins!

Congratulations on the progress everyone is making toward their goals. Closing on my house is supposed to be next week. Hope it goes through OK. Arrived home a day ago with my new-to-me 2004 Lazy Daze Twin-King 23.5 ft motorhome. I had been searching for over a year, and finally found exactly what I wanted at a price I could afford. I've been blogging about the purchase and return trip. Full-timing is almost here for me.

Pleinguy

Solo Fulltimer

2004 Lazy Daze 23.5ft Twin-King

Class C Motorhome
PleinAirJourney.com

Hello class 2013, we are officially homeless.... we closed on the sticks and bricks yesterday at 2.. it feels so amazing. We haven't been able to stop smiling. We also will have to learn the relax mode again. This has been non stop for 2 years. Everyone keeps asking where is our first trip to? Honestly nothing major yet maybe to Omaha to visit our elderly aunt then anywhere we want. :))

This will be first time that we can go on a trip and not have to rush back to work and mowing lawn and pool maintenance. Priceless

Look forward to meeting up on the road. I guess quartzite is a must next year.

Stacy and Frank

Congratulations on the house sale - sounds like we are tracking together. Maybe our paths will cross sometime. We're heading out in May - and like you we'll first visit some kin folks - in Iowa. After that, we're headed east, Indiana, Ohio, NY, then gradually working to the south, returning to Texas in a late fall.

We are at the dealer right now. We spent several hours (6 to 8) doing a walk through yesterday (a ton to learn). Several items have to be worked on today. We might stay another night before heading home just to ensure we are comfortable in the MH.

The house was listed yesterday and the realtor had the first showing last evening. Hoping for a quick sale as well.

Congrats on you 3 that closed. Now the real adventure begins!

Good luck on the house sale. We had one right off, but it fell through. The second was the real deal. In our area the market is starting to pick up, hope it's the same for you.

Congratulations on the progress everyone is making toward their goals. Closing on my house is supposed to be next week. Hope it goes through OK. Arrived home a day ago with my new-to-me 2004 Lazy Daze Twin-King 23.5 ft motorhome. I had been searching for over a year, and finally found exactly what I wanted at a price I could afford. I've been blogging about the purchase and return trip. Full-timing is almost here for me.

Those Lazy Daze have a loyal following, so you've probably made a good choice. It is interesting how you can look at different rigs and not be sure, then you walk into one and know that's it. Hope your closing goes well. See you "out there!"

Yes, the market is beginning to pick up here as well. Still somewhat lower than a few years ago. Low interest rates are helping.

Our MH is now "Home" (still home for now, LOL. Hoping for that quick sale).

CCHome3_zpsdb070375.jpg

CCHome2_zpsa55af68d.jpg

Yes, the market is beginning to pick up here as well. Still somewhat lower than a few years ago. Low interest rates are helping.

Our MH is now "Home" (still home for now, LOL. Hoping for that quick sale).CCHome3_zpsdb070375.jpg

CCHome2_zpsa55af68d.jpg

Beautiful rig! Good luck on the house sale and the move into your new house!

Archived