Class of 2013 is awful quiet

archer

I was wondering if this economy has caused 2013'ers to reconsider their target date.

It has definitely impacted us. Not nearly as much money in the nest egg as expected at this point or equity in the house. We still plan to hit the road July, 2013. Just feeling a little less comfortable.

We hope we can make up some of the loss over the next 2 1/2 years.

2013 - Sound Off - Have your plans survived????

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello Class of 2013!!!!!

I was also wandering why the Class of 2013 has fallen silent.

I am still looking forward to May 2013 as my target.

Hi Dave - Glad you are still on track. We are going to Quartzsite at the end of the month to walk the RV show and then on to San Diego for 8 days. Won't pull the plug until 2013 but we will practice every chance we get until then ;)

We retire on June 30, 2013 & plan to travel accros Canada to Vancouver, down into Washington State & back home via the US. At that time we should know if we want to full-time or just be snowbirds. We are having a hard time deciding which lifestyle is for us.

So... class of 2013, it's a 50/50 chance we'll be with you. For now it's back to work & home to shovel snow. Grrrrrrrrr.

2004 Newmar Dutch Star 4009, ISL 370

2005 Jeep Liberty

SKP#098984, Canadian Travelling Man

Retire in. . .2years,5 Months, & 3 Days. . . but I'm not counting. Hope to be on the road by September 2013.

MouseHunter, welcome to the forum and class of 2013. We are excited to start get to know our "Class Mates".

DAVID B - We have moved on to Santee Lakes and have 2 days at the beach under our belt :) . It rained last night, but the sun is out today. 2013 isn't that far away and cold Virginia days will be by your choice only!

Hey Archer,

Wish I was in Q with you. The weather is awful in Virginia.

I don't know what we can do to shake up the 2013'ers.

Happy Travels :D

Where are you located in Virginia David. Your profile doesn't include the location. I'm in the Woodbridge/Dale City area of Northern VA.

Bob

2003 Itasca Suncruiser 38G 2003 Itasca Suncruiser 38G Workhorse W22 8.1L - 2005 Jeep - Grand Cherokee (Hemi)

USMC Retired Not as lean - Not as mean - Still a MARINE

• 3 weeks later...

Checking in for the first time. Now getting the house ready for the market early next year. Retire Jan 2013 and plan to hit the road soon afterward solo in a class C. I expect others will show up as the date draws near. Will post my progress from time to time.

Pleinguy

Solo Fulltimer

2004 Lazy Daze 23.5ft Twin-King

Class C Motorhome
PleinAirJourney.com

Checking in for the first time. Now getting the house ready for the market early next year. Retire Jan 2013 and plan to hit the road soon afterward solo in a class C. I expect others will show up as the date draws near. Will post my progress from time to time.

Welcome to the class of 2013 Pleinguy. We look forward following your journey. Keep us posted on your progress.

We are currently getting rid of 35 years of accumulation and getting our house ready to sell. We are hoping the house market comes back somewhat in our area in the next couple years.

In the mean time we will get out in our little TT every chance we get.

Thanks for the welcome Archer. I've been following the SKP Forum and other sites and blogs for over a year to learn how to make this happen. Been gradually off-loading stuff as I go along. No rig yet, but know what I want. Itchin' to get going, but realize there is a lot to accomplish yet.

Pleinguy

Solo Fulltimer

Class C Motorhome
PleinAirJourney.com

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome D&G. You're a step ahead of me with your unit. Still no RV here, but know what I want. Right now I'm working on the house to get it ready to put on the market next year. That will give me a year to sell it. Also, buying small things I will want but that can also be used even if I don't end up on the road. At the same time, knowing I can't take most of what I have, I'm off-loading things too. Hopefully all will come together at the planned time; Jan-Feb 2013.

Pleinguy

Solo Fulltimer

Class C Motorhome
PleinAirJourney.com

Hi Don and Gayle, happy to have another classmate!

Good luck with your house sale. We plan to have the house on the market within the year. We are not rushing, the housing market here is still loaded with repossessed and distressed sales.

See you on the road!

• 2 weeks later...

Checking in. Years ago I built an entry deck to go over roots in the yard from a huge tree. It has seen better days, so I'm in the process of removing it. Will replace with stepping stones and plants. They say a nice entry gives a good first impression. Just one step in preparing to sell. Took two boxes of books to a used book store and they bought some; the rest were donated to the library. I've been leaving clothes at the Goodwill from time to time too. One big task will be going though all my tools to see what I should keep; most will have to go though. These are just some of the things I'm doing to prepare for the day of freedom. What about you? Anything specific you are working on?

--Pleinguy

Wannabe Full-timer

Pleinguy

Solo Fulltimer

Class C Motorhome
PleinAirJourney.com

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we have FINALLY set a date. Wife and I plan to be in the 2013 class. If we find ourselves tired of the race, we just might jump into the 2012 class!

We picked up our 5er two weeks ago and will take the next 18-24 months getting to know our unit. Looking forward to meeting you on the road...maybe we can do a pre-grad meet up on the East coast? A meet and greet of some future full-timers?

1998 Dodge 2500 QCLB CTD 4 X 4 -- 1998 Coachmen Catalina 320 RKS 5er -- CLASS OF 2013?

"It don't matter which way you go, when you're callin' the highway your home."------Waylon Jennings

My Sun Benders

Our Blog

Archived