Class of 2013 is awful quiet

archer

I'm using 2013 to prep for flight outta' here in summer of 2014. Bought new 5th Cougar xlite 28SGS, yard sale what I can this summer, buying truck next spring. Looking at Texas as new "home". Will be full time on the road. Sick of snow, black flies and mud. I'll take snakes, cactus and sun over it all. Atl least we'll be mobile and can go where it's nice!

Steve and Kathy

dog Maggie

2014 Keystone cougar 31'

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we got the uhaul and storage locker taken care of. Picked up the truck and packed it today and tomorrow at 0dark:30 I will be on my way to Pahrump in the rental truck. My wife will join me after she puts the puppies in puppie jail for the weekend, We will get to the storage locker, unload and then find a room somewhere to sleep the night before we drive back th Frazier Park to square dance then come home. While all this is happening we hope the realtor has better luck with his open house than he had last week. By monday we shall all be back home exhausted and ready for another week and a two day garage sale, Still don'y have the motorhome yet back form the remodel place but that should be back by June 3 or 4. More pieces fell in place this last weeek so things are looking much better.

Talk to you all later.

Chris

Chris & Joni
The Beagles now 3 Daphne, Ace and Flash
looking
2016 Acura MDX

http://jnctravelogue.wordpress.com

Well we had out household sale this week. All the big stuff sold, Yea! Much of the smaller stuff sold as well. The company that ran the sale will be cleaning up today and transporting everything that can be donated to the facility. Everything else will be put in the garage for disposal. It appears there will be little that has to be thrown out, Yea! They will leave the house clean and empty.

Now if we could get a buyer for the house. People still are looking for bargains in our area. We have had to decrease the price somewhat and we'll see what happens.

We have been living in the coach since May 2nd. Finally starting to get settled. Really fun watching the "weekenders" coming and going in the park.

Leaving for 4 days next Friday to pick up our grandsons. Will meet them in Cincinnati. The older one will stay for a week, then head to his fathers, the younger one (8 years old) will be with us for a couple of months, then our daughter will come here to pick him up just before school starts (they live in Memphis) Since DW is still working (until end of Sept.) I will be in charge of caring for him Mon. through Fri., Oh Joy! I think we will have a ball!

Everyone keep you fingers (and toes, and eyes) crossed for us to get a buyer for the house. This will make things far less stressful!

GS Lifetime #822128658, FMCA #F431170

2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Extended Class B

Our next phase has begun. A couple of weeks ago, we had our 5er transported from TX to Elkhart, IN for Tiara to check it out. We spent this past week in it at the Elkhart campground. Other than both of us getting sinus infections, it went well; all RV systems seemed to be working okay. Yesterday, we moved it to the campground in Sycamore, IL so it will be closer to the S&B in Des Plaines. Now, we can begin loading it, splitting our time between the 5er and the S&B. Hopefully, soon, the S&B will be empty, some repairs and touch-up completed, and it's on the market.

2009 43' Dutch Aire, Spartan Mountain Master GT, Cummins ISL 425 HP, Onan 10KW diesel, 2014 Jeep Cherokee V6 Trailhawk, Blue Ox Aventa LX, Roadmaster base plate, Unified tow brake

We finally jumped off the cliff. Wife retiring early (July 1st) leased our house in Sun City Georgetown for 8 months, furnished. Hit the road July 8th, First stop Bears Den in Oklahoma for a couple of weeks, then to St George, Utah. And up to Challis Idaho for the Braun Brothers music festival. After that Vancouver Washington for a few weeks, Then who knows. Wife is so excited she wants to leave now. I still have a bunch of golf to play here, before I have to hang up the clubs.

I still have a bunch of golf to play here, before I have to hang up the clubs.

Take the clubs with you, they're some great courses around the country.

Steve

Steve & Debby
Where the weather's right
2004 Country Coach Allure Newport
2012 Jeep Wrangler
2012 Harley Ultra Limited

The house sold in two days and will be closing in five weeks. The home inspection is complete with just a few minor problems. Had our first garage sale with some success, but boy, do we have a lot of "stuff" from 25 years in this house! Info on this and other forums have helped us realize that we can and will be able to become full timers.

We are close to upgrading from our TT to a 2007 40' Monaco Diplomat. We do a complete walk through on it tomorrow. I will post a picture when the deal closes.

Everything is moving so fast that we can't sleep at night. We are excited but know that we have a lot of work to do. Looks like we should be on the road by July which will make us part of the Class of 2013. Hope to see ya on the road!

Ed

Ed, Sue and Robbie the little white dog.

2007 Monaco Diplimat 40SKQ

Launching on 7/25/2013

Well realtor called yesterday and he is bringing us an offer on the house this afternoon. Might be the one. We should have the motorhome back by June 3 from some remodeling and having first of two garage sales this weekend. Wife & I meet with the retirement counseloor on Tuesday. If everything works good we could be on the road by the end of June.

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

Great News Dosbeagles, the big day is finally here! Congrats to SJRP as well!

fbcover2.jpg

Fulltiming, Class of 2013

2001 Volvo VNL 610 with Smart Hauler Bed (FOOTLOOSE)

2012 Smart 4 Two (FANCY-FREE)

2004 Newmar Mountain Aire with Motorcycle Lift (LEADFOOT)

2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra (LIGHTFOOT)

"Submarines Forever"

Yikes!!!! These people are really serious. Signed the contract yesterday, they are already pre-approved all docs ready, just neet appraisal and home inspection. They wanted escrow opened yesterday after we signed- no conntingencies and a 30 day escrow. If all goes according to plan blast off date will be June 21. Wow!!

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

Congrats to everyone's steps forward to full-timing! I can't believe our lives will be changing in less than a month. I am retiring from teaching on June 12, our settlement date is July 1st, and we should be out of the house and into our motorhome by Father's Day weekend. Have to admit, I am getting nervous, along with the excitement. Had a retirement party last night, so reality is beginning to sink in!

Amy and Dave

Class of 2013

'11 43 ft. Entegra Aspire
'12 Jeep Sahara Unlimited

Congrats to everyone's steps forward to full-timing! I can't believe our lives will be changing in less than a month. I am retiring from teaching on June 12, our settlement date is July 1st, and we should be out of the house and into our motorhome by Father's Day weekend. Have to admit, I am getting nervous, along with the excitement. Had a retirement party last night, so reality is beginning to sink in!

If everything works out we will be starting the same time from the other coast. My wife too will be retiring from teaching except her last day is one week from today. It is getting very overwhelming(sp?). She sent an email thru her district email about garage sale this weekend and had several people here today to get a jump on it. Sold a bunch of stuff and would have sold more if we had the motorhome so that we could move in. All I can say is wow it happens fast.

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

Can't get much better than a pre-approved eager buyer. Sure hope this pans out for you as expected. Things will get exciting very fast now.

Got the timeline from the realtor. We should have everything set by June 10 and know if there will be any problems by that date. Will probably have the home inspection next week, then appraisal the week after.

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

Looks like we are the new owners of a used Monaco Motorhome. We took a test drive, identified some problems that will be fixed (parts on order) and will pick it up in two weeks after all of the repairs and updates are made. It is a beauty and we are very excited.

Extended warranty? I know the pros and cons, I just have to make a decision that I will be comfortable with since I have never worked with/on a DP.

Now if we could only get rid of all of our "STUFF"!!

Ed

Ed, Sue and Robbie the little white dog.

2007 Monaco Diplimat 40SKQ

Launching on 7/25/2013

Congrats to everyone. I have 7 working days to retirement. I work in a charter school but on the finance side. Hubbie has been retired since last August and we sold our house and have been living in the motorhome since last November at a site near work. Getting ready to hit the road in August after a visit to the UK for Wimbledon and my 60th birthday Yay!!!!!

Congratulations to everyone about to take the Big Step. Helps to see ya'll fighting the same battles we are and making progress.

We're still getting rid of stuff and shining up the house to sell. Hoping to leave in August...

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'92 Monaco Crown Royal Signature
'02 Jeep Wrangler
'03 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
24' Leonard Enclosed V-nose, Dual Ramp trailer

15433597052_970b68fe6d.jpg

Well we had the first garage sale this last Saturday and had a great turn out. Still have lots to sell. DW is really working the people she works with with emails, pictures private tours and stuff is leaving the house in droves. By the end of this week we will have no dining room table, hutch, dresser, washer and dryer and lots of other stuff. Our second garage sale will be June 8 and some of the stuff that was purchased and paid for will be picked up then., Keeping lists of who wants what and when they will pick it up, I just make sure at the end of each day both dogs are still around.

House is under contract and waiting to hear about the home inspection and appraisal. Should know by June 10.

We should have the motorhome back from remodel by June 3 which is great because then we will have someplace to sleep when the waterbed goes...

Met with the retirement counselor today all calculations are correct and workable so as soon as the house closes we pull the plug and are on the road. Should be by the 21st of June. Getting so much closer.

Sometimes just stand back and say wow can't believe it is all happening so fast.

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

congratulations to everyone on moving forward toward full timing. We've been in the rig full time since April 1 and have been retired since May 5. We're currently in Iowa at Cherry Glen campground at Saylorville Lake. It's a beautiful spot and handy for Des Moines. Our only problem at this point is weather. Iowa is having lots of stormy weather. I confess that I'm not yet comfortable with the "exposed" aspect of being in an RV when severe weather is threatening.

Otherwise, and aside from some road problems, we're quite happy with this lifestyle.

If anyone is interested, we're blogging campground reviews and more.

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

Congrats to everyone. I have 7 working days to retirement. I work in a charter school but on the finance side. Hubbie has been retired since last August and we sold our house and have been living in the motorhome since last November at a site near work. Getting ready to hit the road in August after a visit to the UK for Wimbledon and my 60th birthday Yay!!!!!

Impressive -- we could only stand working from the RV to our day jobs for about 3 weeks.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Archived