Class of 2013 is awful quiet

archer

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I think now is as good a time as any to make the leap from class of 2014 to class of 2013 so HI all you 2013'ers. We listed the house last Thursday, had an offer presented to us this morning, turned down the offer and the people who made the offer want to come back and re-look at the house this next week. We will see what develops on that front. On DW retiring we have moved forward the date with the retirement counselor and he should have answers to some questions we have so that may get moved forward to 6/30/13. So here we are with a very high probability of hitting the road next month a full year earlier than we expected. We were originally going to start the garage/garbage sales in August when we returned from our summer trip but as it turns out our summer trip this year may be permanent and come quickly.

Chris

Chris & Joni
The Beagles now 3 Daphne, Ace and Flash
looking
2016 Acura MDX

http://jnctravelogue.wordpress.com

So here we are with a very high probability of hitting the road next month a full year earlier than we expected. We were originally going to start the garage/garbage sales in August when we returned from our summer trip but as it turns out our summer trip this year may be permanent and come quickly.

Two words: Estate Sale.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Well as of April 30, 2013 we are sticks and brick free. Signed the papers, got our money and we are living in the trailer. We leased the house back from the new owner for 2 weeks to get everything out. We put a few keepsakes in storage and had a moving sale. We are living in the RV in the drive until Sunday when we move to the RV spot until July retirement.

Then we are off and decided to take a volunteer assignment at Black Bayou NWR at Monroe, LA. for a spell.

I wish I could leave NOW.

Ken and Susan

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Currently we are located in Rapid City, SD at mail box address. Appointment today with DMV for SD drivers license. We will then spend a few days at the Elks and continue visiting the sites in and around SD. Then it will be onto a slow travel to Chicago to see grand kids.

Susan & Dale
DaGirls Rv 2008 Alfa Gold SoLong ISL 425 Cummins
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Tow / Roadmaster Setup
1600W@45Vdc Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar

880AmpHr
DaGirlsRv Blog

We were able to move the retirement counselor up into May (28). Ordered the paperwork from CALSTRS. Looks like the plug will be pulled on working sooner than the house closing but both needed to be done to reach the finish line. We will definitely be in the Summer 2013 Class!!!

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

We were able to move the retirement counselor up into May (28). Ordered the paperwork from CALSTRS. Looks like the plug will be pulled on working sooner that the house closing but both needed to be done to reach the finish line. We will definitely be in the Summer 2013 Class!!!

Congrats on the class change. Us 14ners will miss you. Have fun.

Scott, Norma and dog Max

2013 Itasca Ellipse 42 QD

2014 Jeep Wrangler JKURX

Class of 2013

We will start our first outing on May 21, 2013. Then in June, off with a couple friends caravan style to Organ and Washington State. October to San Diego, Dallas then back home. That has it for 2013. Not a bad start for a 'newbie'.

Cameron and Barry

Starting to travel next week, have spent the last few months taking small trips and making changes to the RV to make living in it better. Mixed feelings about being in unfamiliar areas all of the time, excited about the discovery part but some trepidation about not knowing where to find everything. After three tries we finally found some LED lights that have the right combination of color and brightness so ordered enought to change all lights over. Added braces to the landing gear, we had a strong storm last night with heavy winds and the RV did not sway at all. As you can see it doesn't take much to keep me happy, I like playing with all of the little things.

Congrats to the rest of the class of 13, enjoy the journey.

Happy Camping

Dan & Janice

Dan & Janice
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Dually
2014 Harley Ultra Limited
2012 Dutchman Voltage 3905
Daisy the Guard Schnauzer

Retirement Party today -- http://rvseniormoments.com/?p=578&preview=true

Friday is the LAST DAY OF WORK !

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( and yes I meant to shout it) good luck, good health and safe travels.

Chris

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

We have sold the house and moved into our 90 Bluebird Wanderlodge SP 36 and making the adjustment to living in our new home. I told my wife today as I left for work that she is doing a great job of making this OUR home. We cann't hardly wait to get retired and head on down the road, which happens in a couple more weeks.

Bill & Irene Morris

1990 Wanderlodge SP36

We have a household sale scheduled next Thursday and Friday. They will be setting up Monday for the sale. They get 30% but do a lot of work for that. IMO well worth the cost so I do not have to try to get rid of all our stuff.

Now if the house would sell we would be all set. Been 5 weeks, lots of lookers, no offers yet. We are still very hopeful.

GS Lifetime #822128658, FMCA #F431170

2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Extended Class B

I thought this group might enjoy seeing the cake from my retirement party which was yesterday.
CSC_0121.JPG

Congratulations!

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'92 Monaco Crown Royal Signature
'02 Jeep Wrangler
'03 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
24' Leonard Enclosed V-nose, Dual Ramp trailer

15433597052_970b68fe6d.jpg

Congratulations!

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'92 Monaco Crown Royal Signature
'02 Jeep Wrangler
'03 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
24' Leonard Enclosed V-nose, Dual Ramp trailer

15433597052_970b68fe6d.jpg

Have you figured out what to do with all your stuff?

Long and short- This last weekend had an open house only 14 people came. Probably low due to Mother's

Day, but realtor wanted to get started showing. This weekend off to Pahrump with all of the stuff we are going to keep- family heirlooms, etc that was on walls and displayed around our house. Some day we will come off the road and want this stuff back. Rules for storage locker- only wood furniture nothing that can become a mouse nest, nothing with stuffing. Boxes taped closed firmly packed and anything that can become of interest to a mouse in a sealed plastic container with snapped lid and taped to keep close.- Won't need insurance because nothing can be replaced- Oh yes and everything must fit in a 10x10 locker. Couple of family members will be getting new places to live anything they want need bring a truck and take with them, this includes sofas washer dryers etc. What's left is yard saled and what is left after that will be goodwill then anything they don't take will be trash. There will be a few things that will need to go to the storage locker after everything is done and rv packed so that will be our first trip. No offers this week we will wait until next week to see if there is a better trun out, then re-assess marketing strategy.

Oh and by the way we got our Escapees Mailing address last Friday-- another step in the right direction.

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

Sounds like you're on the right track. Getting rid of stuff will come down to being brutal about what to keep and what to toss. It gets easier as you go along. Funny thing is, if you proceed as if things will happen, they actually do. 17 more working days until retirement for me. I'm spending the time gradually getting this rig ready to roll. The closer it gets, the more eager I become.

Pleinguy

Solo Fulltimer

2004 Lazy Daze 23.5ft Twin-King

Class C Motorhome
PleinAirJourney.com

My son visited over Mother's Day weekend and left with his pick-up packed to the gills with furniture and family pieces. I was amazed at some of the things he asked for (being single and 40), but was happy to give them to him. Memorial Day weekend my brother and his girlfriend arrive with a uhaul. I went through the kitchen today and pulled out all the things we will take with us; hope I was ruthless enough and yet not too much so ;) Think the worst will be the garage and spare bedroom closet. Made a reservation at a campground for the month of July near my daughter and near the beach...will give us a chance to work out the kinks and enjoy the ocean before we venture further afield. 42 days until Jack retires...44 till our lease is up. So, we are making progress!!!

Gail and Jack Ward

...and "Senior" dogs ~ Maggie and Ryan

2013 Montana 3900FB

2008 F450 4x4 Dually

Blog: http://twofertheroad.blogspot.com/

"We don't quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."

~ Oliver Wendell Holmes

Archived