Class of 2013 is awful quiet

archer

Yes, the market is beginning to pick up here as well. Still somewhat lower than a few years ago. Low interest rates are helping.

Our MH is now "Home" (still home for now, LOL. Hoping for that quick sale).

CCHome3_zpsdb070375.jpg

CCHome2_zpsa55af68d.jpg

Great looking rig !! When we had the house up for sale the realtor asked that we move the trailer out of the driveway. Curb appeal they said. Personnally I think it looks good with the Motorhome there !! Good luck on the sale,

Steve

Steve & Debby
Where the weather's right
2004 Country Coach Allure Newport
2012 Jeep Wrangler
2012 Harley Ultra Limited

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great looking rig !! When we had the house up for sale the realtor asked that we move the trailer out of the driveway. Curb appeal they said. Personnally I think it looks good with the Motorhome there !! Good luck on the sale,

Steve

We sold our house with the 5ver sitting in the driveway. In some ways, I think it helped the buyer realize that we weren't selling the house because something was wrong with it, but simply because we were moving on to a different way of life.

I will say, though, that we moved out for the photos on the property listing. Like your situation, the big rig makes the house look smaller.

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

The listing pictures were taken before we picked up the rig so that is not a problem. The listing went in last Thursday. We brought the rig in on Sat.

GS Lifetime #822128658, FMCA #F431170

2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Extended Class B

New Class of 13 members. Sold our house in AZ to the first looker at over list price. Cash buyer. We hit the road May 5 and are not looking back but are we ever crazy busy right now as many of you can attest.

Just signed onto this forum but I've been stalking for a couple of years. NOW I can follow a link!!

Sherry

New Class of 13 members. Sold our house in AZ to the first looker at over list price. Cash buyer. We hit the road May 5 and are not looking back but are we ever crazy busy right now as many of you can attest.

Just signed onto this forum but I've been stalking for a couple of years. NOW I can follow a link!!

Sherry

Sherry - congratulations on the quick sale! You hit the road one day ahead of us. Where are you going first?

Sherry

Congrats on both the home sale and hitting the road!!

Steve

Steve & Debby
Where the weather's right
2004 Country Coach Allure Newport
2012 Jeep Wrangler
2012 Harley Ultra Limited

Sherry

Congratulations. Have a fun time as the Westwards head Eastward? That's not what Horace Greely said.

Together we, Ranger and Jin

www.desertbandanna.com - The

Heartland North Country RETS31
2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty, Ext Cab, Dually 4x4, 7.3l diesel.

It's a big night for us. This afternoon we finished our move out today, even spent some time chatting with the nice couple that bought our house. They are so excited - their first home.

Then we hooked up the 5th wheel for our long (15 mile) journey to a RV park. We're not set up, settled in for the night.

And so our full timing life begins!

I'm still a month from retirement, so our traveling days haven't quite started yet - but we're now officially full timers.

How about that!

We will be moving into an RV park about 20 miles from here on April 26th. The parks don't open until May here. My wife retires in early fall when we will be planning our first real trip with the new coach. We hope the house is sold quickly. The estate sale people are lined up for May 16th and May 17th.

Oh no, the font monster has struck again.

The buyers accepted our counter offer today so our house is sold. Escrow should close May 1, if all goes well. We have a lot of work to do before then. Then we'll head towards Washington state to visit DH's brother. We're overwhelmed but excited.

LOL, well, you have one too many things.

I have to say, the photo of your FT rig looks somewhat different than your Avatar picture. Must be the close up shot! :rolleyes:

The house was on the market for 3.5 weeks and we got a clean full price offer. Closing is by 30 APR and we can lease the house back until 15 MAY. So the end is in sight. Wow do we have a lot of work to do to get ready to clear out the place...and we have been thinning things for the past 6 months.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

The buyers accepted our counter offer today so our house is sold. Escrow should close May 1, if all goes well. We have a lot of work to do before then. Then we'll head towards Washington state to visit DH's brother. We're overwhelmed but excited.

Congratulations and good luck with the next step of your journey!

April 17th is the last day on our S&B and the 1st day On-The-Road. However, we'll be at our day jobs 2 more weeks & May 10 is Retirement & Full Timer day.

We have an Estate Sale the weekend of April 20th, but a lot of our stuff has been disappearing before then.

We parted with our living room furniture tonight & brought up the 2nd team set from the basement. It's like going back in time as the basement set was our A-List furniture a long time ago. It's interesting because it's smaller as we had a smaller house. So this downsizing trend will continue when we move into the RV.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

April 17th is the last day on our S&B and the 1st day On-The-Road. However, we'll be at our day jobs 2 more weeks & May 10 is Retirement & Full Timer day.

We have an Estate Sale the weekend of April 20th, but a lot of our stuff has been disappearing before then.

We parted with our living room furniture tonight & brought up the 2nd team set from the basement. It's like going back in time as the basement set was our A-List furniture a long time ago. It's interesting because it's smaller as we had a smaller house. So this downsizing trend will continue when we move into the RV.

Wishing you the best of luck with the estate sale. We had a nice thing happen with our easy boy recliners...a young couple from our church wanted them but asked us to hold the chairs for them till the end of the month. Perfect! We got the use of the chair right up to the day we moved out to the camper in the driveway but didn't have to worry about our not finding a buyer. I hope your basement furniture goes quickly too.

I love these stories of sold homes and successful estate sales. It gives me hope. Our home has been listed for one week. Nothing yet but we are very hopeful after reading these stories. The word is that house sales are definitely picking up, especially with rates remaining low. Our estate sale is scheduled for May 16th and 17th.

Zulu and Scott, congrats. You are close now.

We will be moving the MH into an RV Park on the 26th, then living in it prior to everything else happening (our driveway is a little too steep to allow leveling the MH). This will give us some time to see if there is anything else we did not include that we need in the MH. Since the RV Park is about 20 miles away, it will not cause any undue hardship.

I love these stories of sold homes and successful estate sales. It gives me hope. Our home has been listed for one week. Nothing yet but we are very hopeful after reading these stories. The word is that house sales are definitely picking up, especially with rates remaining low. Our estate sale is scheduled for May 16th and 17th.

Zulu and Scott, congrats. You are close now.

We will be moving the MH into an RV Park on the 26th, then living in it prior to everything else happening (our driveway is a little too steep to allow leveling the MH). This will give us some time to see if there is anything else we did not include that we need in the MH. Since the RV Park is about 20 miles away, it will not cause any undue hardship.

Zulu it only takes one looker to sell the house. I think ours was shown just 3 or 4 times and that resulted in 2 contracts (the first fell through).

It's too bad that you can't stay in the MH in the driveway. That was such a big help to us. We were able to move out of the house and right into the 5ver. The night we sold the last bed in the house we laughed and said maybe it was time we started sleeping in the camper. We were able to do that the final few nights before we handed over the keys.

Still, you'll work it out. This is a temporary situation in route to a brighter day! Keep us posted.

Guess we must be of the Class of 2013.

This is my first time posting in this forum, though I have been reading it for a few months. Will try to keep this concise. I used to camp in a TT with my husband and kids 25 years ago. Met fulltimers then and fell in love with the idea; hubby hated it, so put it out of my mind.. Kids are long grown and on their own, hubby became an ex 20 years ago and RVing a thing of the past. Fast forward...met a wonderful man 2 years ago who mentioned he had always dreamed of buying an RV after retirement and living on the road. Bingo! My dream of fulltiming was resurrected!

Have been researching for about a year - websites, books, forums, RV shows etc. He wanted a Class A, my dream was a 5er; finances and hands on looking decided us on the 5er. We came upon a great deal on a tow vehicle in January and bought it, then fell in love with a 5th wheel a few weeks later...we pick it up next week. My last day at work was last week, his is June 30th and our lease is up 6/30/13. We are now beginning the process of paring down. Giving away to family, then a huge (I hope) garage sale, then donating to Habitat - with a few things left to store.

So...should be full timers June 30th!!! We will start out only about 80 miles down the road, near my daughter and grandkids, to give us a chance to get comfortable with everything as well as getting in some quality grandma time before we take off. His kids/ grandkids are in CA, so will slowly work towards there. The plan being to spend some time on each coast each year and explore the rest of the country in between. We will keep NC as a home state for now, though plan to set up domicile in either SD or FL by 2014.

So much still to learn...all advice welcome!

Gail and Jack Ward

...and "Senior" dogs ~ Maggie and Ryan

2013 Montana 3900FB

2008 F450 4x4 Dually

Blog: http://twofertheroad.blogspot.com/

"We don't quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."

~ Oliver Wendell Holmes

Welcome to our forum and the 2013 Thread. Boy was that providence or what, meeting a guy that has been dreaming of RVing just as you have been. My wife and I have talked about this as long as we can remember. Our daughter says she remembers us talking about it when she was a teenager more than 20 years ago. You both definitely have to want this life. You'll have to post a couple pictures when you can. Some of ours can be seen here.

Both our daughters and our grandkids live out of state, so we feel this will give us more opportunity to visit. Till now we spend a week at their house during vacation trying to cram 6 months of activities into a week, disrupting their lives at the same time, whereas now we can park in an RV Park close by and visit at a leisurely pace for as long as we want. We found out yesterday that our youngest grandson (he's 8) may spend a couple of months with us this summer. He will be here during the Good Sam Rally in Syracuse in June. We are signed up for that.

We just decided the garage sale would take too much work on our part so we will go the estate sale route. It's scheduled for May 16th and 17th. Plus in the northeast the weather is not always conducive of garage sailing this time of year. Good luck with your garage sale!

Our house is listed. Several lookers but no sale yet (It's only been 1 1/2 weeks). We move into the MH on April 26th. It's been a royal pain keeping things so picked up so the house "looks good" for perspective buyers. We are working on moving into the MH now.

My wife is still working. The plan is for her to retire in October when the RV parks close in our neck of the woods. Then we will head south. The first big trip will be to Florida to visit my sister and her husband while we are establishing our domicile there. We will also set up a mail forwarding service from Florida, probably at St. Brendan's Isle.

Congrats on your purchase and lifestyle change and again, welcome!

Well, we move out of the stick house tomorrow. RV goes to a local camp ground for the next six weeks as we learn the ropes of living in it with four girls in a toy hauler garage made into a bedroom. We hit the road around the end of May and look forward to seeing some of you out there.

joiningthegypsies.com
2000 Ford F350 7.3L Crew Cab Short Bed DRW, DP Tuner F5, Edge Evolution Gauges, MBRP 4" Exhaust
2005 Glendale Titanium 34E39MPRV Toyhauler; Garage converted into a bedroom for four

Archived