Class of 2013 is awful quiet

archer

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Closing is tomorrow! We spent our first night in our new home last night - - wonderful ! ! Unfortunately we'll be working till mid November so won't be hitting the road yet. Yes, we'll miss our grandkids but with all the modern communications we'll be able to stay close. Honestly it's not the distance between people that determines how close they are. My mother-in-law lived next door but my kids were closer to my folks who lived 700 miles away. And that was before skype! After we leave mid November we are flying the kids down to meet us at Disney to prove to them that we'll still see them. I'm looking forward to sharing with them so much of this great country that they wouldn't be able to see otherwise.

Tomorrow is our moving day. By this time tomorrow afternoon we'll be living in the MH. Now waiting on the sale. The people who are very interested are back from Fl. and looking Monday morning. Had another showing today.

Our 2 grandsons will be with us starting May 26th. We are meeting our daughter in Cincinnati (half way) and bringing them back. Taking the MH of course. Our oldest grandson will spend a week then head to his dad's for the summer. Our youngest grandson (8 years old) will spend the summer with us. What fun we will have.

He will be going to The Rally in Syracuse with us. We will be looking for a baseplate for our Jeep Liberty. The coach came with a Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000 towbar, but we do not yet have the baseplate. I will undoubtedly have someone install it. With my back and other problems I will not be able to. We are going to meet my wife's sister and her granddaughter there and just have a ball. This will be the first rally of any kind we have attended. Gonna boondock there, then dump at Camping World in Syracuse before starting home.

Well enough for now. I'll post when we get a contract.

GS Lifetime #822128658, FMCA #F431170

2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Extended Class B

Point, Set, Match!

Closed on our house sale today, gave our 14-day notice to both our employers, so we're T-14 and counting until we hit the road full time.

We're staying in Two Rivers, WI for those 14 days, then a month in Pepin, WI at http://www.lakepepincampground.com . . . and within walking distance of the superb Harbor View Cafe (http://www.harborviewpepin.com).

After that, a tour around Lake Michigan ending up in Lake Havasu, AZ in November.

Yahoo!

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Hey, it's the journey, not the destination.

So true!

We found out yesterday that we had a bit of misunderstanding. We were allowed to move the RV to the park, but they do not open officially until next Friday, so we can't officially move in until then. Darn! ( I wanted to say something a little stronger, but controlled myself) So now we're stuck between 2 residences 20 miles apart. Most of our stuff is in the coach. We will be there today and tomorrow getting things set up in the coach (we could not do a lot in our driveway since we could not level the coach and put the slides out) I guess we'll have to bring a few things back home.

One way or the other we will be in the RV next weekend!

Medico,

We're with you. Home (sold!) is in an HOA so we break the rules to park more than one night in front of our house. Nearly everything

Is in our 5th wheel parked in storage about 3 miles from house. This morning we were out of K-Cups (in 5er) so a quick trip to the store

was required to wake up. We should be FINALLY on the road next Friday as well.

Sherry

PS, our rig is prettier than your rig!

Hi, most of my posts have been in the 2014 class but things are changing and we might be able to move up a year. I am meeting with a realtor on Thursday and we have a date with the retirement counsler at my wifes employer set for June 5 so we might be joining 2013 very quickly. If all of the stars align,and we get a little luck we may be on the road by the end of summer. Houses are moving in our neighborhood and there are very very few for sales signs (none on our street).

Chris & Joni
The Beagles now 3 Daphne, Ace and Flash
looking
2016 Acura MDX

http://jnctravelogue.wordpress.com

Hi, most of my posts have been in the 2014 class but things are changing and we might be able to move up a year. I am meeting with a realtor on Thursday and we have a date with the retirement counsler at my wifes employer set for June 5 so we might be joining 2013 very quickly. If all of the stars align,and we get a little luck we may be on the road by the end of summer. Houses are moving in our neighborhood and there are very very few for sales signs (none on our street).

Your house may move faster than you think -- ours did (and so did our neighbor's) . . . check Bloomberg: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-30/home-prices-in-20-u-s-cities-increase-by-most-since-may-2006.html

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Your house may move faster than you think -- ours did (and so did our neighbor's) . . . check Bloomberg: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-30/home-prices-in-20-u-s-cities-increase-by-most-since-may-2006.html

Yes, I read that article earlier today plus reading the posts from people on this forum recently about how quickly the houses sold is what prompted us to put the house on the market sooner than we were planning. It appears now is a good time to be a home seller.

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

What we are finding is there are still a lot of "bargain hunters" out there. We were recently told we upgraded our house past what the neighborhood would support. This is a very nice middle class neighborhood. Just could not believe that comment. And in the next sentence the perspective buyers would have to re-carpet and put in a fence. Isn't this an oxymoron? They expect to put in a bid by the end of the week, but it sounds as though they are looking to low ball. We'll see. It's only been about 4 weeks since it was listed so we are not nervous, but statements like that make us think.

What we are finding is there are still a lot of "bargain hunters" out there. We were recently told we upgraded our house past what the neighborhood would support. This is a very nice middle class neighborhood. Just could not believe that comment. And in the next sentence the perspective buyers would have to re-carpet and put in a fence. Isn't this an oxymoron? They expect to put in a bid by the end of the week, but it sounds as though they are looking to low ball. We'll see. It's only been about 4 weeks since it was listed so we are not nervous, but statements like that make us think.

Remember Buyers and Buyers' Agent have a job to do even though you are paying the Buyers Agent- Sellers and Seller's Agent have their own job to do. Do not listen to any of the talk only to what is on the contract. The Buyers will try to soften you up and make you feel lucky you are getting any kind of offer, but the real estate market is changing as we speak. If you get an unsatisfactory offer, NO, is not hard to say. Good Luck. Just down the street from us someone paid top dollar for a house and I drove by the yesterday and the side yard is full of construction rubble so buying and putting in major renovations/remodeling prior to moving in is not uncommon after all with the house empty what better time to make changes.

Good Luck

Chris

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

We decided to move things up again. We already moved it up from May 2014 to September 2013. I had a vacation scheduled at the end of July and now we've decided that means we're on the road. We're not coming back from that vacation, my new date is August 1st, actually due to the vacation days it's only 83 days from now to retirement.

A bit of serendipity, a neighbor mentioned to someone she knows that we will be moving. This person contacted us and came over to see our place, she's talking about a cash offer! We'll have to run a few comps and make sure we're getting market value but it seems to good to be true right now.

Donna has been a Craigslist fiend and possessions are flying out the driveway while she's pocketing handfuls of legal tender. I'm getting excited but feel a bit anxious at the same time.

Mike
2003 Alpine Coach 40 MDTS ISL 400

flyingthekoop.com

Hi all. Been away for awhile. Our move out date has been delayed until late summer/early fall but at least it's still 2013. Makingprogress on the house but it's a lot slower than I'd like.

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'92 Monaco Crown Royal Signature
'02 Jeep Wrangler
'03 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
24' Leonard Enclosed V-nose, Dual Ramp trailer

15433597052_970b68fe6d.jpg

Update, currently we are getting ready to leave Elks lodge in Las Vegas, NM. today. Next stop will be Elks lodge in Rocky Ford, Co. Susan and I are taking a slow road to Rapid City, SD to register for domicile. We have been enjoying staying at Elks lodge, very friendly lodge members. Even if the web site says no RV facilities, we have learned to call ahead. The lodge will inform us whether or not we can park and dry camp overnight.

Susan & Dale
DaGirls Rv 2008 Alfa Gold SoLong ISL 425 Cummins
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Tow / Roadmaster Setup
1600W@45Vdc Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar

880AmpHr
DaGirlsRv Blog

The neighborhood HOA is making things very difficult for us.

Our rig is in storage a few miles away and the plan WAS to bring it out on the weekends to load it. We rent a townhouse on a very narrow curved dead end street and we have a short driveway, so no way can we bring the 5er to the front of the house. Thought we'd figured it out by parking behind our townhouse ...there's no fence and the street is quiet but larger.

We brought our rig out last weekend on Saturday, parked it on the grass behind us and got to work. By Saturday evening we'd had two visits from the police responding to neighbor's complaints. The cops were polite and understanding...one owned his own RV...and said we were fine as long as it was just one night and we were off the street. We finished up Sunday and took it back to storage. Got a letter Wednesday telling us we couldn't park behind out townhome and by Friday there were two large "NO PARKING - TOW AWAY ZONE" signs up behind us...and only behind us...nowhere else along the street. The head of the HOA told us he has gotten numerous calls from homeowners complaining that having our RV parked near the street (it was 6 feet in) is a hazard and wanting something done. All this in response to one weekend! We're "just renters", so nothing we can do. Thought it would be fun loading up...apparently not. Now it's going to be numerous trips loading the car and taking things to where our 5er is stored...and bringing the stuff that doesn't work back again! We'll be so glad to leave this town!

Okay...I'm done...just needed to vent!

Gail and Jack Ward

...and "Senior" dogs ~ Maggie and Ryan

2013 Montana 3900FB

2008 F450 4x4 Dually

Blog: http://twofertheroad.blogspot.com/

"We don't quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."

~ Oliver Wendell Holmes

Good Sam used to have a parking rights branch, I'd see if they could give you some pointers.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Archived