Class of 2013 is awful quiet

archer

Hey Charlie,

I'm not aware of one on this site. probably because the size limit on pics is too small. It's a challenge just getting a decent avatar pic to upload. Most seem to simply include links to their photo sharing sites. HTH

Willsmile.gif

Fulltiming off and on since the 70's

Now steady since 2000

http://www.smashword...view/willdecker

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Will. Base plate installed and tested.

222288_513303702034967_1806884207_n.jpg

The rig's dirty and it's a bad day for pictures but it was taken in one of my favorite places. LOL!

Thanks for the encouragement.

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'92 Monaco Crown Royal Signature
'02 Jeep Wrangler
'03 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
24' Leonard Enclosed V-nose, Dual Ramp trailer

15433597052_970b68fe6d.jpg

Charlie, you're too much LOL

The picture looks good, you'll pass for a fulltimer before you know it biggrin.gif. As soon as the snow melts here, (yea, got caught off guard by a blizzard) we'll get the rig out and in a 'favorite' spot for a new picture too. They're predicting up to 85 MPH winds and snow falling at the rate of up to 2" per hour through the night. I retired once and now I work for the government again and I was asked to stick around a while longer this year. There's a word for that, it's called greed (padding my retirement)cool.gif Actually I love my job and was excited at the opportunity to extend my tour.

The Mini already looks like a speed bump out in front of the bus.ohmy.gif, good thing I can walk to work.

Take care, Willsmile.gif

Now steady since 2000

Thanks Will.

85 mph winds? WOW! Stay warm and be careful on that walk to work. That snow crap gets slick. I know from experience...

Hope to see you on the road. You FT in 2013?

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'02 Jeep Wrangler

Thanks Will.

85 mph winds? WOW! Stay warm and be careful on that walk to work. That snow crap gets slick. I know from experience...

Hope to see you on the road. You FT in 2013?

We got lucky, didn't get the wind or the snow. In fact, it warmed up into the mid-30's during the night and turned to rain with gusts in the 30's MPH range. Nothing at all, really. The ski lodges got enough to make them happy though :D . I've worked and fulltimed since 2000 this time around. The wife and I are hippies (converted skoolie) from the 1970's after doing my tour for the country. We will probably be fulltimers until the diesel well runs dry, and even then we'll probably still live in our bus on a patch of fertile ground haha. We've put so much effort into making it 'ours' that it will always be our home. Plus there's something psychological about being able to pull up stakes on a whim and hit the road. Oh, I know what it is--FREEDOM! Gotta have it and will always be fighting to keep it.

Hope to see you on the road too,

Will and Wife :)

Now steady since 2000

Hi Everyone,

Been lurking here for quite awhile but we've finally decided to set a date. I retired last year but the wife is working until next year. Looking to be on the road in the summer of 2013. Lots to do between now and then, it's amazing how much you accumulate when you have the space to keep it all. We will be traveling in a 5th Wheel Toy hauler, carrying a Harley Davidson Electra Glide and/or a Suzuki Samurai. Hope to see you on the road.

Steve & Debby

Tustin, CA. for now.

Well our house sold in ONE WEEK !!! I'm still amazed at the timing of the sale with the holidays. Should be living fulltime in the trailer by the first of February. Probably going to stay close to the area for a couple months as we help settle our daughters into their new place then on the road before summer. Hope to see many of you on the road.

Safe travels,

Steve & Debby

Steve & Debby
Where the weather's right
2004 Country Coach Allure Newport
2012 Jeep Wrangler
2012 Harley Ultra Limited

Well our house sold in ONE WEEK !!! I'm still amazed at the timing of the sale with the holidays. Should be living fulltime in the trailer by the first of February. Probably going to stay close to the area for a couple months as we help settle our daughters into their new place then on the road before summer. Hope to see many of you on the road.

Safe travels,

Steve & Debby

Congratulations!

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'02 Jeep Wrangler

Congrats Steve and Debby! It's till a tough realestate market so you must have done something right.

Does the toyhauler have room for the bike and the sammy? Take care and have a Merry Xmas,

Will :)

Will,

Thanks. It's a very strange real estate market right now in Orange County, CA. Definitely a sellers market provided your doing a standard sale and you price accordingly, we actually got more than our asking price with multiple offers!! Some neighboring homes have been on the market a while but I believe they are priced a little to high, a few others that I think were priced right sold about as quick as ours did.The trailer has room for the bike (10' garage). We're planning to use the Samurai in Arizona, Utah, Colorado areas only, where we can flat tow it. Otherwise we'll leave it at friend's lot while we travel. Take care and Merry Christmas.

Steve

Steve & Debby
Where the weather's right
2004 Country Coach Allure Newport
2012 Jeep Wrangler
2012 Harley Ultra Limited

I wonder what it would take to get the site Administration to fix the spelling of the title of this thread? It should be "quiet" (as in not making much noise) and not "quite" (as in "not quite enough").

No biggie, just minor problem, but with a thread that should remain active for years to come.

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

I am tired of working. The plan is to put the house on the market in January and move to the trailer full time when the house sells. Big house emptying sale is in the plan. Then work until July and tell them to take the job and put it some where.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Hello all.

We just got our rig Friday and we will be going full time starting February 18-20th, 2013.

We will spend a few weeks in Washington doing some remodeling/preparing as well as visiting and by mid March we will start driving South for our first Volunteering gig at Patagonia-Sonoita Creek Preserve starting in mid April.

ToRn & Pauline - Two Forty something nerds going "There and Back Again"…
Sakura & Drew Brees - Siblings and Evil run's in the family.
2002 Holiday Rambler Admiral "Ackbar" "IT'S A TRAP!"
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited "Kermit" -- "Green can be big, like a mountain, or important, like a river, or tall like a tree, it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be."

Full-timing since February 20, 2013

Our Travel Blog:
http://www.WhereTheHellAreWe.com

"Not all those who wander are lost." ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." ~ Mark Twain

Peace.

Will be joining the class of 13! We will not sell the house, my 2 daughters and 1 son in-law will stay at the homestead. All three need money help of no fault of their own! All they have to do is the up-keep and pay the bills. The oldest (married daughter) is with child, so she will sell her house (break even I hope), son in-law house is under water real bad and not sure of that outcome. Daughter #2 is back in school and limited in funds but will help will a couple of bills. Since they will take the house we won't have to sell before we hit the road. This in a way forces us out, we will stay near in the warm months because of 85 yr old mother in-law, but will be winter texan's in the winter. I think this will be a slow start for us and let us adjust. In time we plan on following spring up and down the country-East and West.

2008 F350 Lariat 4X4, PSD, DW, Crew Cab, 4:30, Long Bed, Tow Boss

B&W Turnover Ball Campanion Hitch 18K

Transfer Flow In Bed Auxiliary Fuel Tank 50 Gallon

2012 Cedar Creek 36RE

I wonder what it would take to get the site Administration to fix the spelling of the title of this thread? It should be "quiet" (as in not making much noise)

I fixed it. Ussulley... usualy... usualey... most of the time I can spell!

and not "quite" (as in "not quite enough").

...and in my defense, I posted because there were not quite enough 2013'ers posting.

Hope everyone had a merry Christmas.

Thanks Archer!

Do you (or anybody else) have any stats on how many people go FT each year? The total would be interesting too. I read somewhere it was 2M but that seems a very round number. Is the FT population growing or shrinking? I imagine good data is hard to get. At what point does FT RVer stop and homeless start?

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'02 Jeep Wrangler

I fixed it. Ussulley... usualy... usualey... most of the time I can spell!

...and in my defense, I posted because there were not quite enough 2013'ers posting.

Hope everyone had a merry Christmas.

Ha - no worries here. I've had more than my share of misspellings and typos - glad you fixed it though! Hopefully, it won't quite be quiet now that the New Year is upon us!

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

With intense thought and consideration we have moved the date up to April 1, 2013. My wife is already part time and me almost full time. Getting close.

Bruce

We are looking at September 2013. Already have the fifth wheel and are fine tuning it for full-time. Spend more time in the fifth wheel than at home now.

Happy 2013 everybody! May 2013 bring health, happiness and prosperity to all.

This is Our Year! Who will be the first? We'll be in the back of the pack. LOL!

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'02 Jeep Wrangler

YES ! ! ! 2013 is OUR year! We won't go until mid November and have a lot to do between now and then. Finish preparing the house to go on the market in April or May, order our 5er, sell stuff, put some in storage, change our banking and address, become Texans . . . But it will be an exciting time. How about everyone else? When will you hit the road? What are you most looking forward to? I'm resting my eyes just to prepare for all we'll see.

I'm taking today to assess. I had hoped to go mid-year, but family issues and general inertia have me waaaaaay behind in the preparation process. I don't know if I can get my little fixer-upper fixed up and sold by mid-year. I expect I will be making lots of lists today of things I need to do before I can sign the retirement papers. Still hoping for 2013! LG

Happy New Year everyone and let's hope that by the end of this year we are all on the road and where we want to be.

I guess from reading through this that we are already fulltiming as we sold our house last year and moved into the motorhome fully at the end of November. We did all the downsizing from 2200 sq ft and needless to say sold at yard sales, on Craigs List and donated a whole lot of stuff. Still have a box of things to scan and some sorting to do but we are enjoying some downtime over Christmas & New Year at Santee Lakes, just outside of San Diego with our son who is stationed here.

We will return to Las Vegas on Friday to wait out our time until June when Sue retires. Bryan retired from his second job last August and is waiting patiently for Sue so we can start traveling this wonderful country.

Archived