HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave,

We'll be in the East til after Christmas. Going up to Conn. for a couple rallies and also the New Jersey Good Sam Ralley. Would love to get together.

Mark, I think we saw you too but Smokey says it wasn't your truck, that the one we saw had writing on it. Where are you heading to?

Pam,

No writing on the sides but Red Rover's hood top and side fairings are now silver gray.

We are heading to Elkhart to check out the new Jayco Entegra service facility that was the old Travel Supreme operation.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

icon_smile.gif Mark ..Please comment on the Jayco facility and there attitude toward our Travel Supreme's and any policy on repair to our RV's..Thanks..And I'll bet the new paint on Red Rover looks great !!!!Jim

Jim&Hazel,03 Volvo 610,425hp,10sp Autoshift,Eaton 3:90 rear,24.5Alum,184"wb,ET jr/air hitch,SafVis Cams4,XM,Press/Pro,Garmin2720,CB,Rally Sport/TS,Bigfoot Levelers,03Roadking,02Dyna Lowrider,Golden Ret in spirit,Choc Lab(Trash)..Herrin Hauler Bed..Toyota FJ ...SKP# 95463 http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2901871210078354682lLxYIz .Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez ....

Jim

We will be at Jayco-Entrga Monday and will report.

Here is a shot of the new look Red Rover REd Rover and the Paint Job

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

icon_smile.gifWe got back from Moab,Mesa Verde,and Mission, this afternoon ...3865 miles ..truck ran great ...the FJ towed great and we had a super time on the trails in Moab ..and the sights in Mesa Verde were really awesome ...made ya think how it would be to live in the side of a cliff with none of our conviences ...NOT !!!..Thanks again to Jack for recommending the RV Campground and trails in Moab..they were super...while in Mission we walked around all the HDTers' lots and all looked OK ...Gail your cover is on and in place on the vehicle and the garbage can can't move !!!Tell Bonnie that the flowers are still alive ..I watered and fed them ...thanks... Mark the screens are dusty from all the wind but everything else looks ok ...on the southside ..Mike,Mark,and Jack ..everything looks find ...Hazel and I got to visit with Larry and Linda while there but I think they are leaveing Retama soon for the summer ..have a great trip !!...any way Retama looked really good ..a lot of the things that were under construction are finished ...a lot of fencing on the Phase 2 side is done and the club house and pool area look great ...as usual there were some crazy drivers on the slab ..but I didn't tie up with one thank goodness ..Well tomorrow its back to the salt mine ...need to get things in order for the next trip .....Jim

Jim&Hazel,03 Volvo 610,425hp,10sp Autoshift,Eaton 3:90 rear,24.5Alum,184"wb,ET jr/air hitch,SafVis Cams4,XM,Press/Pro,Garmin2720,CB,Rally Sport/TS,Bigfoot Levelers,03Roadking,02Dyna Lowrider,Golden Ret in spirit,Choc Lab(Trash)..Herrin Hauler Bed..Toyota FJ ...SKP# 95463 http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2901871210078354682lLxYIz .Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez ....

How are the new 5th wheel spots there? Got any pics? We will stop there on the way east after our summer in Woodland Park.

We are here for the summer, so stop and visit if you can. Just make sure that you tell me as soon as possible if you want to come up here. We are almost totally booked for July and August. I suspect with people from close by. Will have to do a zip code analysis after the season. But, if this keeps up we will have another record season.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Rich & Kathy (Enophite), Amber (ForeverAmber) and I are in San Angelo TX at the Goodfellow AFB FAMCAMP.

We deaprted Harlingen on 19MAY08 en route to the WCR.

We had an earlier stop at Brooks AFB FAMCAMP (19-23 May).

Charlie

Charlie & Amber

SKP # 91015

"Freedom" - 2001 Volvo 770, 475HP, 3.73, 10 Speed ASII

"Freedom II" - 2003 Travel Supreme 40' RLQSO

http://community.webshots.com/user/2BTRVLN

• 2 weeks later...

After 2 weeks along the Pomme de Terre River just below the PdT Dam visiting family & helping Dave's dad with house projects, we have moved a whopping 120 miles or so to Jefferson City (along the Osage River, about 10 miles east of Jeff City).

Will be here through June 15 -- oldest daughter coming for the weekend to visit & pick up her computer (that Dave gets the pleasure of cleaning up everytime we come through MO).

Exciting times in MO...we've hunkered down through a number of tornado warnings (even got to spend part of one night huddled in a showerhouse with other campers when one was spotted within 5 miles) and LOTS & LOTS of rain. Apparently the wettest spring ever, from what we're hearing.

After this, it's not hard to remember just WHY we moved from the midwest to the southwest...

Will head towards Gillette when we leave here.

Renee

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

• 3 weeks later...

Shame shame on me.

We have been in Medford, OR. since the 6th of May.

I failed icon_frown.gif To post our arival icon_eek.gif .

We will be heading to Winchester Bay on Friday the 27th for the western pot luck get together along with: Mike & Nancy(motor31), Dave & sue McCarron (?).

We gota convoy.

Scott, Barb, & Tinkerbell

95 WIA64TTES N-14 Super 10

Spokane Washington...We left Phoenix AZ. the first day it was to reach triple digit temps. We took a month to get to Washington. Left the rig in Grand Junction at my uncles horse ranch, and we spent a week in Denver at the office. Then through Idaho, Montana and back through the top of Idaho into Spokane. We are sitting on a horse ranch. Where we will be for the summer. 6 horses and lots of beautiful area to ride. Free hook ups for riding and helping out around the ranch...not a hardship.

Kent

2003 Volvo VLN630
2016 38 RS3 Mobile Suite
2010 Smart behind the cab

FullSizeRender_zpsrtbccowj.jpg

O, Kent, where do we sign up for that workamping....we are experienced riders - owned horses all our lives....

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

We are in Moab Ut where we arrived by mistake. Missed a turn in Dove Creek Co and decided to go on to Moab and forego Grand Junction Co this trip. Pretty warm here and the ATV trails are not readily accessable unless you have a separate ATV trailer. So, we are probably going to leave here tomorrow and head to Marysvale Ut area where it is higher, cooler and ATV friendly

I am not sure that is how I meant to go, but I think that I am where I meant to be.

Betty & Jim

98 Volvo 610 Cummins N14 "T-Ruk"

375/425HP 1550FP Super 10

05 KZ Sportsmen Sportster 37KX2 Triple Slide

I will be in Enterprise, AL the week of July 21st, San Angelo, TX the week of July 28th, & Mesquite, NV the week of August 4th.

Hopefully I will cross someone's path...

WP 903

merrillthurmanllc.com

Merrill Thurman

"73 de WBØWGG"

1996 FLB Freightliner; M11 Cummins @ 365 HP; 10 Speed OD Eaton/Fuller; 4.10 Rearend

You Can't Troubleshoot Stupid...

It Is Impossible To Even Converse With An Educated Idiot...

Tell Me Again Why I Took The Job I Now Have???

We're in Gillette at Escapade (Box Elder, D-86). Have met a number of new folks during the Devils Tower/Coal Mine tour yesterday, and motorcycle ride today (another one tomorrow). It's a busy place!

We know HDTers topfuel, Ron Curry & crewcab96 are here; anybody else?

Renee

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

Donna and I are leaving next week for our 2008 tour.

We will be on the road until late August.

Our first part will be a quick trip into the Kootenays of BC. Meet up with family members that drive "coaches" and travel together for several days in the area. My cousin from England will be joining us. Not sure how they will react to all of our large units.

Then we really start our trip. For the past many years, gawd, its more than 20 we will be travelling to see a number of Drum Corps Shows and the finals in Bloomington IN.

We will travel east on US #2 into Michigan. As we do not know the area at all we have no specific destinations in mind other than taking two weeks to see our first DCI show in Michigan City.

Then we will spend a week at the DCI finals. We have two kids that are marching with the Santa Clara Vanguard organization.

We then have a three day drive to the Grand Teton RV park and a few days in Yellowstone. Another couple of days drive to my wifes favourite campground, Crown Villa in Bend OR. She keeps talking something about "Outlet Stores." Do they have tools in those places?

Then off to Penticton BC, to spectate our daughter and son-in-law in the Canadain Ironman competition.

According to my planner we should come in about 6,500 miles.

We are pumped and excited and will check into the forum as opportunites present themselves.

Most importantly, we are both looking forward to chasing our kids around the country to be a part of their summer of 2008.

So, friends, our dream is alive and well.

We are having fun.

Robert

Reality - A Great Place to Visit

Would Not Want to Live There!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/siddalr