HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

Well,,, I've been remiss in reporting our venue changes, so will catch up (in short-version only).

After "aborting" our normal spring-training plans in PHX, we spent Mar thru May near Birmingham (Hoover RV Park) for a work project there.

Visited David K., Christina & Travis twice -- they came up once, we stopped by for a weekend with them as we were leaving Alabama.

Have since traveled thru Atlanta (Fannie's former sister-in-law), Savannah (Don's niece, Michele), Charleston, SC (Fannie's cousin & Don's niece, Toni), then NYC for son Jay, before visiting 5 days with Henry & Davena, Mark & Diane in New Hampshire.

We're now (finally) in northern Ohio to visit Don's family (3 sisters & Mom in assisted living home)-- taking care of some family business for Mom, and visiting thru the holiday; our youngest son, Derek, will travel from Chicago to visit us with Mom in Toledo.

After that, we need RV work done in Kansas (Horizons has some warranty work to finish), then onward to visit friends in OK and (maybe?) Jack & Danielle on our way back to PHX.

We've started to take things abit slower, now; so we're not so bedraggled at every stop... BUT, gotta be home by end of July, to "visit" the house and prepare for McCloud (CA, square dance week), then October rallies in Kansas & Texas.

Cheers, from the road,

Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a nice weekend with the group at Winchester Bay. Parked at McChord AFB for a week or so.

Scott, Barb, & Tinkerbell

95 WIA64TTES N-14, Super 10

06 Travel Supreme, Jeep KJ towed

Satellite Internet installer, KF6KKG

We had a wonderful four days in the Medford, Oregon, area with our son and daughter-in-law. They followed us up from Vacaville, California, on their motorcycles. We went on the jet boat excursion in Grants Pass which was awesome. Also went to the Oregon Vortex and down to Ashland for lunch. All this on our motorcycles through the beautiful Oregon countryside.

Scott and Barb Nolan and Mike and Nancy Barr were at the same campground with us in Medford so after our son and his wife left, we caravanned out to the West Coast RV Rally with them.

We left that group on Monday and went our own way and are currently on Netarts Bay in the Tillamook, Oregon, area. It is beautiful here. The dog and I (Sue) enjoyed a long run on the beach yesterday. Today is a little cool but we are spending any extra time in the house trying to learn our new "Apple" computers.

On to Hoodsport, Washington, on Monday. We will be there for 14 days.

David and Sue McCarron

HisNibs - Blue Volvo 770

David & Sue McCarron

02 Volvo 770

05 Teton Frontier 39'

We have settled for a month in Hayward, WI...beautiful northwoods and lake country. Mark's cousin and her husband live on the old family farm owned at one time by their grandfather. They raise Arabian horses, outstanding! We are conveniently parked right next to the horse barn.

We will be here for three more weeks, then it is off to the Black Hills in South Dakota. Hope everyone had a terrific Independence Day!

Dale

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Back in sweltering Az for a couple weeks to check on house and stuff. Had a great trip and ran into (not literaly) Haulinkids in Marysvale Ut and Evil Eyes in Bryce Canyon Ut. A real pleasure to meet both and talk some truck stuff.

Betty & Jim

I am not sure that is how I meant to go, but I think that I am where I meant to be.

Betty & Jim

98 Volvo 610 Cummins N14 "T-Ruk"

375/425HP 1550FP Super 10

05 KZ Sportsmen Sportster 37KX2 Triple Slide

We are in Hoodsport, Washington. We have been here one week and will be here one more week. Went clamming and oystering one day and got our limit. We steamed the clams and fried the oysters. They were delicious - so fresh. Another day we had a beautiful motorcycle ride into the mountains to Lake Cushman.

Next move (on Monday the 21st) is to Blaine, Washington, which is even farther north up by the border of Canada.

The weather has been absolutely perfect where we are and we are so glad to have escaped the smoke-filled skies of California just in time.

The Nolans and Barrs are not far away and may stop by on their way north next week.

If anyone is in the area and wants to stop by, we are at the Rest A While campground just north of Hoodsport.

David & Sue McCarron

02 Volvo 770

05 Teton Frontier 39'

YEP! we did stop by:

We are at the Escapees Coho Co-OP park in Chimacum, WA. for the next 3 weeks. Then on the ferry to Whidbey Island on the 5th of August.

95 WIA64TTES N-14, Super 10

06 Travel Supreme, Jeep KJ towed

Satellite Internet installer, KF6KKG

• 2 weeks later...

Donna and I have Just reached Mackinaw City. We basically followed US#2 all of the way to the South Shore of Lake superior then followed it. Wonderful Trip so far. Great roads that have not been busy.

Next off to Indiana

Cheers

Robert

Reality - A Great Place to Visit

Would Not Want to Live There!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/siddalr

Arrived at Fairchild AFB Family Camp this afternoon. Will be here for 7 days and then on to Hope, Idaho.

Had a great week at Sun Lakes State Park near Coulee City, Washington. The weather was perfect and we were able to swim in the lake several times. Played a game of miniature golf one night. David beat me by 16 points. Yikes.

We hope to go explore Spokane on our motorcycles tomorrow. Looks like they have a wonderful park on a river in downtown Spokane.

David and Sue McCarron

David & Sue McCarron

02 Volvo 770

05 Teton Frontier 39'

Took Alice to a friend's (since kindergarten) daughters wedding in White Bear Lake.

Put her on a train back to Williston, ND and continued to another friend since kindergarten on the WI/IL border.

The third visit was an old friend in Addison, IL.

Tomorrow, to near St. Louis to visit brother and SIL and five days at Lake of the Ozarks to see it the old body can still water ski.

But I'm cheating --- first car vacation in several decades. BSing with old friends is better when I sleep in their homes. Never thought I'd say that.

2004 Peterbilt 385

2004 New Horizon 41 foot fiver

One Trek for chores and one for fun

My 3rd attempt at retirement began 7/11/08 and we are staying at Vees Musky Blvd Resort on Big Sissabagama Lake near Stone Lake Wisconsin till mid October. Then ? who knows - not me.

Bob

Country Coach Intrigue Motorhome
Harley Heritage Softail
Jeep TJ
Travel Supreme 34FKTSO 5th Wheel

Woop's -- We are and have been at Whidbey Island, Cliffside RV Park, since the 5th of August. We will be here until the 26th. Then onto Spokane at Fairchild AFB for a couple of weeks. The weather has been nice and cool, and really enjoying it.

We are in sweltering Libby, Montana, where it is 102 degrees. We are in River Country where the movies "A River Runs Through It", "The River Wild" and one other (I forget its name) were filmed. We hope it cools off a little so that when we ride our motorcycles up to the Kootenai Falls it won't be so hot. It is actually supposed to rain on Wednesday.

We loved Hope, Idaho, which was our last stop of seven days. We were right on Lake Pend Orielle which is supposedly the third largest lake in the U.S. It was so clean and we swam in it several times. Also had several great motorcyle rides while there - one to the Cabinet Gorge Dam with its fantastic views.

David and Sue (and Trip)

David & Sue McCarron

02 Volvo 770

05 Teton Frontier 39'

Guess I should have waited a day before I posted my message. We are not sweltering anymore. It only got up to 68 degrees in Libby, Montana, today. We drove up to Troy and hiked down to the Kootenai Falls. Took lots of pictures, it rained on us while we were hiking. So the sky in all the photos will be very dark. But beautiful sights.

David & Sue McCarron

02 Volvo 770

05 Teton Frontier 39'

I've seen 4 HDT converserions here in Rapid City in the last 4 days. Kinda wierd that nobody is posting that they are here in the Black Hills.

We will be here until Sept 30.

Paint your wagon and come along

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

Circling around Flathead Lake in NW Montana. Were planning to meander towards Hutchinson after the County Fair in Plains this past weekend, but found out that Dave's 85-year-old dad decided to drive up here from Missouri to visit our daughter.

So we're in Kalispell waiting for a Thursday appt. to get our Dometic fridge recall problem taken care of, then back to Yellow Bay for another week or so.

This will give us a chance for our grandson to tell us ALL about his first day of school, complete with hand & arm gestures...

Renee

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

Dave and Renee, be sure and visit 'Norm's News' in Kalispell. They serve the best Huckleberry ice cream. It is a delicious flavor if you have never tried it. The portions are huge. We were just there about a month ago.

The store is right on main street. It is a huge gift shop and soda fountain.

Carol

Carol -- Thanks for the tip on "Norm's News." We were going by there today & stopped for lunch -- you're right, the ice cream cone was HUGE and wonderful. Thanks again!

Renee

1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

Hey Dave and Renee

We just drove the length of Flathead Lake yesterday. (North to South). We are now in Jim's and Mary's RV Park on Highway 93 in Missouls, Montana. Will be here until Monday, August 8. If you are in the area, look for us.

David and Sue McCarron

Blue Volvo 770 with Teton

David & Sue McCarron

02 Volvo 770

05 Teton Frontier 39'

David & Sue -- We actually fell into a camphost position right next door to our daughter & family at Yellow Bay on the east side of Flathead, and will be here for a couple more weeks, so won't be going through Missoula for a while. If you get back up this side of the lake, drop in!

Are you heading towards the HDT rally in Kansas?

Renee

• 2 weeks later...