Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

omg Steve....we were in Blackrock last night and attended the nighttime lighting of Mt Rushmore.

But today, to my dismay, we are in NE and using the AC for the first time since May...at least we know it still works.

Vern...what's up with the surgery?

Gordon!!! You washed your truck????? I can't believe you broke down and washed your brown truck, lol We washed both Tug and Ridley in Canada but the jacks need some soaking, it is like cement caked on them.

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

Gordon!!! You washed your truck????? I can't believe you broke down and washed your brown truck, lol We washed both Tug and Ridley in Canada but the jacks need some soaking, it is like cement caked on them.

Tomorrow I'm actually going to detail the inside of the truck!! The 17 year old son of park owners will wash our fiver before we leave Port Orford...getting the rest of the Alaskan mud, dust and bugs removed. Otherwise we are just resting up here before heading on down to eastern Utah. I washed all the mud from the jacks in Bellingham and left a pile of debris there! :blink:

You two take care and we will see you in the RGV sometime in December.

We're really enjoying all that fish now!! By the way, US Customs didn't ask for my fishing license...I had it ready.

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

Gordon and Diane.... You just think you washed your house. You will still be getting muck off the underside two years from now. :D

Ask me how I know :D:D

Helen

2010 Big Sky 340

2012 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie

Member of the Fulltime Graduating Class of '05

SKP # 87524

Gordon and Diane.... You just think you washed your house. You will still be getting muck off the underside two years from now. :P

Ask me how I know :D:D

Helen

Helen,

I have no doubt whatsoever about that!! :rolleyes:

Safe travels,

Gordon

Diane and John,

Thanks for asking about Vern's surgery. He has recovered so well, the pain is gone, the numbness is much less too. He is walking alot, can't ride his bike yet which bothers him, but he is enjoying walking. He is able to drive, although we have to stop every hour or so to let him move around some.

We are currently in Bay City MI, saying goodbyes to his family and friends. We are at the State Park here, which is very nice. Leaving here on Tuesday, although we won't go far. We will continue to hang around west MI, waiting for the closing on my Mom's house. Once we have money in hand, we are headed to Indiana for new tires, a new couch, and hopefully get the Splendide fixed, I miss not having the washer!!

With the leaves and the temperatures falling, we are anxious to head to the RGV, so will see y'all soon. :D

Vern & Sue

'02 40' Holiday Rambler Imperial
'05 Ford Ranger XLT-4x4- toad

Hello, Classmates.

Seems many of you will be wintering in south Texas. We haven't decided yet what is next for us. Right now we have a commitment to do FEMA inspections in the wake of Gustav and Ike. We are in Louisiana Bayou country after having spent a while in New Orleans first. "Nawlins" didn't take severe damage, but the folks out in the bayous could ill afford the damage they received.

We will be in the Florida Keys in January working on NOMADS projects, but since we are so close, it sounds nice to come down and visit the winter Texans first... Where ever the spirit moves us :rolleyes:

Gail n Keith

and Cocoa Puff the fuzzball

1999 Dutch Star with Cruze toad.

Gail n Keith, Come on down and we'll give you an awesome bird tour. I also bet the members of the class of '06 will meet for food and visiting a few times this winter.

Ya, ubetcha!! :(

We will arrive in Mercedes on November 25 and look forward to getting together with old friends (longevity of friendships, not age :)) again.

Everyone stay safe.

Gordon and Juanita

Hello All,

and welcome back to the lower 48 Gordon and Juanita. The past month has been hectic to say the least. Moto Sat Repairs in Pigeon Forge, TN then came to Myrtle Beach, SC. Here I spent the first week in the VA Hospital in Charleston. Foot infection and had to have the bone in one toe removed. But, up and running, will get stitches out Monday and Tuesday we leave for Florida for a month or so. We will winter in Q again this year. Look out, La Posa South, here we come!!!! Two Hams hope you are enjoying your new lifestyle.

Dick

Paula and Dick Fenner

Mistofffelees and Shadow our traveling kitties

Fulltime RVers Graduating Class of '06

2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40PLQ (The Dragon) BlueOx System

Tow: 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara (The Dragon Tail)

Internet Connection: Verizon MiFi2200

Blog Starting 2011 http://www.dragonthreads.blogspot.com

Blog Starting 2009:http://www.dragontales.me/

Hello All,

and welcome back to the lower 48 Gordon and Juanita. The past month has been hectic to say the least. Moto Sat Repairs in Pigeon Forge, TN then came to Myrtle Beach, SC. Here I spent the first week in the VA Hospital in Charleston. Foot infection and had to have the bone in one toe removed. But, up and running, will get stitches out Monday and Tuesday we leave for Florida for a month or so. We will winter in Q again this year. Look out, La Posa South, here we come!!!! Two Hams hope you are enjoying your new lifestyle.

Dick

Dick,

It's good to hear that you are on the mend and are planning on getting down the road soon.

We are leaving Port Orford, OR, on Sunday and really don't know yet where we're going from here. We still plan to check out Arches and Canyonlands in Utah, but our route to that destination is up in the air. I don't particularly want to travel I-80 or Hwy 50 through Nevada, so it looks like we may take a more northerly route through southern Idaho. We'll see.

We plan to stop in DFW to see Two Hams and other friends before heading further south to our winter grounds in the RGV. We are also thinking about going east in the spring before returning to Idaho for May-June and the Oregon coast from late June through September. Our plans are always changing though, so who knows.

Take care of yourselves and safe travels,

Gordon and Juanita

Hello All,

Dick

Hey Dick & Paula. . .we are enjoying our new lifestyle very much. Actually, we just imagine the apartment is a luxury Class A with 3 1/2 times the square footage as our Airstream; and, parked in a really nice RV resort for an extended time :angry: ! When we get hitch-itch, we plan to see what Amtrak has on sale; or, even suffer airline travel. Dick, so sorry to hear about the foot surgery! Hope the healing is fast and the pain minimal! So far, (knock on wood) I'm avoiding any cutting on my feet. . .I get orthopedic shoes next week; so, maybe they will keep the faith. My Dallas VA podiatrist is really good. Haven't met with the orthopedic surgeons yet; but, I am scheduled for Carpal Tunnel surgery on both hands sometime in November; but, people say that isn't any big deal. I finally got in to the Dallas VA Diabetic Clinic; and, I really like my new doctors there.

Gordon, we are excited about seeing you and Juanita when you head thru the DFW area. Give us lots of advance warning so we can diet real hard before we all go out to eat here. A person can do themselves real harm at all the fine eating establishments near us. . .we got 'em all!!!!

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Dick,

Sorry to hear about your foot but glad to hear you are on the mend.

Gordon & Juanita -- Tomorrow night in Cheyenne and then I-80 all the way to California. Looks like I'll miss you but Port Orford next August maye???

Hams -- Well, I gave it a good test...I hiked the 1.3 miles around Devil's Tower on an uneven trail yesterday and there is NO PAIN whatsoever in my knee today. I think I'm healed.

Everyone - Sorry I'll miss the you all in the RGV but it's California this winter.

Miss you guys.......

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

Currently in Hutchinson, KS for the next week. A Heavy Duty Tow Vehicle Rally. About 40 or so of the proper size trucks for towing large fifth wheels IMHO :angry: . From here we will be traveling to Blountstown, FL to spend the winter. Anyone going through and stopping near Marianna, FL let us know and perhaps we can meet. We will be there from Oct 15 till about March 15 at the Panhandle Pioneer Settlement doing part time maintenance type work for a free site (www.ppsmuseum.org). Should be lots of fun.

Diane and Dave

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

We will be there from Oct 15 till about March 15 at the Panhandle Pioneer Settlement doing part time maintenance type work for a free site (www.ppsmuseum.org). Should be lots of fun.

Diane and Dave

Congrats on the "JOB" sounds like a nice place for the winter. My bet is you will be hooked on the volunteer gig.

Maybe we should try for a '06 get together in Port Orford next summer......me thinks that sounds COOL.

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

We're at the SKP park in Branson (actually Hollister) Missouri for the next week - then a stop in Tulsa to have the coach service before heading towards Livingston. Looks like we are all slowly heading towards warm areas - wonder why? ;)

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We're at the SKP park in Branson (actually Hollister) Missouri for the next week - then a stop in Tulsa to have the coach service before heading towards Livingston. Looks like we are all slowly heading towards warm areas - wonder why? :D

Barb

Warmer sounds good! ;) We're in Eugene, OR, tonight and heading over the Cascades into central and eastern Oregon tomorrow. Night temperatures will be in the mid twenties for the next few nights...maybe we should have started out sooner. :blink:

We look forward to seeing a few of you in the RGV this winter and can already taste the Texas BBQ! We will also try to bring in plenty of fresh fish and Dungeness crab for folks passing by our summer digs in Port Orford next year.

Safe travels everyone....

Gordon and Juanita

Barb and Dave - if you remember Roy Rogers and Dale Evans fondly, you'll love the Roy Rogers Museum in Branson - not too expensive and well worth it! We also bought a ticket to the stage show with Roy's son (who looks a lot like Roy) and thoroughly enjoyed that as well.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

Hey Dick & Paula. . .we are enjoying our new lifestyle very much. Actually, we just imagine the apartment is a luxury Class A with 3 1/2 times the square footage as our Airstream; and, parked in a really nice RV resort for an extended time :rolleyes: ! When we get hitch-itch, we plan to see what Amtrak has on sale; or, even suffer airline travel. Dick, so sorry to hear about the foot surgery! Hope the healing is fast and the pain minimal! So far, (knock on wood) I'm avoiding any cutting on my feet. . .I get orthopedic shoes next week; so, maybe they will keep the faith. My Dallas VA podiatrist is really good. Haven't met with the orthopedic surgeons yet; but, I am scheduled for Carpal Tunnel surgery on both hands sometime in November; but, people say that isn't any big deal. I finally got in to the Dallas VA Diabetic Clinic; and, I really like my new doctors there.

Gordon, we are excited about seeing you and Juanita when you head thru the DFW area. Give us lots of advance warning so we can diet real hard before we all go out to eat here. A person can do themselves real harm at all the fine eating establishments near us. . .we got 'em all!!!!

Jeff & Suzanne,

We met you at the Forest Preserve near Chicago last year. Our daughter lives in Palatine and we had new twin granddaughters. We will be coming through Dallas in a couple of weeks. Maybe you can come out to see us when we get settled. Would love to see you again.

Gene and Marianne

Marianne & Gene SKP#86092
Fulltiming class of 2007
2003 Country Coach Intrigue
2001 Buick Park Ave

We're at the SKP park in Branson (actually Hollister) Missouri for the next week - then a stop in Tulsa to have the coach service before heading towards Livingston. Looks like we are all slowly heading towards warm areas - wonder why? :rolleyes:

Barb

Barb and Dave,

We are leaving the KC area Wed or Thurs and heading to the SKP park in Hollister. Hope to get to met you as I have followed your blog off and on for some time. I contacted you when you were planning on going to the LOW in Iowa a couple of years ago and that did not work out for you. Hope to see you later this week.

Marianne

Fulltiming class of 2007
2001 Buick Park Ave

Barb and Dave,

We are leaving the KC area Wed or Thurs and heading to the SKP park in Hollister. Hope to get to met you as I have followed your blog off and on for some time. I contacted you when you were planning on going to the LOW in Iowa a couple of years ago and that did not work out for you. Hope to see you later this week.

Marianne

Hey Marianne.. Where are you in KC ? We have wondered what happened to you since we left the Escapades last September in Goshen. We are in Independence for the next few days and would love to see you two.

Helen

2010 Big Sky 340

2012 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie

Member of the Fulltime Graduating Class of '05

SKP # 87524

Hey Marianne.. Where are you in KC ? We have wondered what happened to you since we left the Escapades last September in Goshen. We are in Independence for the next few days and would love to see you two.

Helen

Helen

We are just west of Kearney. Our son has 82 acres and Gene put in a 50 AMP breaker in his new barn. Where are you guys staying? I thought you might be at the Campus RV Park.

Marianne

Fulltiming class of 2007
2001 Buick Park Ave

Jeff & Suzanne,

We met you at the Forest Preserve near Chicago last year. Our daughter lives in Palatine and we had new twin granddaughters. We will be coming through Dallas in a couple of weeks. Maybe you can come out to see us when we get settled. Would love to see you again.

Gene and Marianne

Where do you plan to stay? "through Dallas" covers a lot of square miles. . .do you need RV park recommendations? We look forward to seeing you guys!

Archived