Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

Where do you plan to stay? "through Dallas" covers a lot of square miles. . .do you need RV park recommendations? We look forward to seeing you guys!

We are thinking of staying at the Corp of Engineer at Lavon Lake and then heading down to San Antonio before we get to RGV for the winter.

Marianne & Gene SKP#86092
Fulltiming class of 2007
2003 Country Coach Intrigue
2001 Buick Park Ave

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I checked this out before I posted so to see if I really showed up. Those of you who have HBO, check out the latest "True Blood" episode called "Sparks Fly Out." It's running this week. I'm in the part during the church meeting and got a good bit of face time. I can't speak for the rest of the episode which was full of language and sex, but my part was ok.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Marianne,

We will be here until next Monday when we have to head to Tulsa to have the coach serviced. Hope to see you this weekend.

Barb

Barb,

When are you getting to DFW?? Looks like you may be there a little early this year.

We are getting to Moab, UT, on Saturday or Sunday, staying a week or so and expect to reach Vineyards somewhere early in November after visiting my sister in Norman, OK.

Safe travels,

Gordon

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

We're heading to Livingston by November 1st so we can vote IN PERSON this time around. Will probably come down through Arkansas and so won't get to Dallas until just before Christmas. Of course, that could change by next week. :lol:

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We are thinking of staying at the Corp of Engineer at Lavon Lake and then heading down to San Antonio before we get to RGV for the winter.

We haven't stayed at Lavon Lake; but, Kirk (among others) have. We have stayed at heavily wooded Hickory Creek CoE on Lake Lewisville, just off of I-35E. We live about a 30 minute drive from there. It has a Super Walmart nearby (about a 10 minute drive); as well as a Chili's Restaurant, WhataBurger, BK, etc., etc.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

Hi Barb. . .don't know what's in Benbrook other than Mustang Park (a CoE park). Lots of day users on weekends in this "working class" neighborhood. A closer to Arlington choice might be RV Ranch in Burleson (right off I-35W; take FM 1187 to Arlington); or, possible the RV park near where I-20 and Loop 820 intersect. . .don't remember the name. We don't have any personal experience with either of these parks; but, they are closer to Arlington than Benbrook. In fact, The Vineyards (we like that one) in Grapevine might even be a bit closer to Arlington than Benbrook. It's a straight shot down Hwy 360 from our neck of the woods to Arlington.

The Vineyards is awfully expensive for a non-sewer site and even more for a sewer site - - we can stay at Treetops cheaper for full hookups. Treetops is cheaper than RV Ranch.

We are just looking at other options in the area and we do like COE parks and might use it for the first part of December depending upon how long we have to stay in Tyler to take of checkups, etc.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

The Vineyards is awfully expensive for a non-sewer site and even more for a sewer site - - we can stay at Treetops cheaper for full hookups. Treetops is cheaper than RV Ranch.

We are just looking at other options in the area and we do like COE parks and might use it for the first part of December depending upon how long we have to stay in Tyler to take of checkups, etc.

Barb

Well, that's what we get for not keeping up with park prices. . .that's what "being on the shelf" will do to ya. Oh well!

Marianne,

We will be here until next Monday when we have to head to Tulsa to have the coach serviced. Hope to see you this weekend.

Barb

Change in plans. We will be leaving KC area Sunday AM and will arrive PM. Hope to see you before you leave on Monday.

Marianne

Fulltiming class of 2007
2001 Buick Park Ave

Change in plans. We will be leaving KC area Sunday AM and will arrive PM. Hope to see you before you leave on Monday.

Marianne

We're in site 4G - - stop by after you get set up.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Just arrived at the Delta Shores Resort (a C2C park) near Isleton, CA, for a weeks stay. Had dinner with my brother & family; first meeting in a year. It was sure good to see how much the kids have grown!!!

I'll be hanging around the delta area for a bit. On Oct. 23-25 there is a ralley in Lodi at the Grape Festival Grounds by Escapees Chapter One (one of the chapters I belong to). If anyone is passing through, say on hwy 99 or even I-5, stop by and say "howdy".

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

Howdy everyone,

We just arrived yesterday afternoon in North Salt Lake City to hold over for the snow storm passing us by. The forecast (if it can be believed) is calling for around 6" this afternoon and tonight. We intend to leave tomorrow but won't if roads are icy.

Hey guys...let's have a class gathering here!! :(

We are really looking forward to warmer weather but want to stop by Manitou Springs, CO, for the annual Emma Crawford coffin races and hearse parade on the 25th. That is one of the great Halloween festivals in the US, and we can't possibly pass it up. B)

We look forward to seeing those of you hanging out in south Texas this year.

Safe travels!

Gordon and Juanita

Hello All,

We just arrived at NAS Key West. It is gorgeous here as we look out the front window into the bay. Will be here for two to three weeks, enjoying the sun.

Paula and Dick Fenner

Mistofffelees and Shadow our traveling kitties

Fulltime RVers Graduating Class of '06

2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40PLQ (The Dragon) BlueOx System

Tow: 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara (The Dragon Tail)

Internet Connection: Verizon MiFi2200

Blog Starting 2011 http://www.dragonthreads.blogspot.com

Blog Starting 2009:http://www.dragontales.me/

We're still hangin'out in NW lower Michigan waiting for the closing on Sue's Mom's house.

The fall colors are in full swing here, the best I've seen in many years, and the temp. is in the 70's today!

Keep yer windshield clean.

Vern

Vern & Sue

'02 40' Holiday Rambler Imperial
'05 Ford Ranger XLT-4x4- toad

We're in site 4G - - stop by after you get set up.

Barb

Sorry Barb,

:angry:

Our son came up with another chore. Will not leave until Monday morning. We will miss you this time also. Maybe one of these days we will be in the same place.

Marianne

Fulltiming class of 2007
2001 Buick Park Ave

Marianne,

One of these days it will work out. Where are you heading after Branson?

Barb

We are going to Hot Springs, AR, then to Wylie, TX to the Corp of Engineer campground, then to Waco, San Antonio, and finally to Alamo, TX for the winter.

Marianne

Fulltiming class of 2007
2001 Buick Park Ave

Hi everyone! Sorry for not posting much this year. As some of you know, we had to make an emergency run back to Delaware just after the Escapees Escaped because my father was diagnosed with cancer (stage 3). It's been an emotional time with ups and downs but so far his treatment has gone fairly well. He still has a long rough road ahead but is in God's hands. We have been here nearly 3 months now but we should be heading south and then west around the 25th. We are looking at possibly spending part of the winter (Nov-Jan) in the RGV around the Weslaco, TX area. Since some of the class members met down there last year, are there any suggestions on nice snowbird parks in that area?

Any reunions planned this year? We look forward to seeing everyone again! Hope everyone is doing well!

Stay safe!

Bobby and Shelly Evans

www.evansrvadventures.com

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Full-timing Class of 2006!
Originally from Delaware
2000 American Dream 40' DS
03 Saturn LW200

Hi Robert & Shelly. . .we are very sorry to hear of your dad's cancer. We have a friend who beat cancer. . .we hope for the same success for your dad. Why not plan a stopover in the Ft. Worth, TX area on your way down to the RGV? If you come via Oklahoma City, down I-35, there's a beautiful CoE park near us (Hickory Creek on Lake Lewisville) just off of I-35E, south of Denton (where I-35 splits into east and west). Of course, you are are familiar with Texan RV Ranch in Mansfield. We learned after you guys left there last year that they do give SKP discounts. TreeTops is a Passport America, Sunday thru Thursday, but we all know they have gone up in price; and, are the same old not customer friendly folks we have come to avoid. :) There are several '06'ers stopping by at various times on their way down south. Our eating out budget has been enlarged for the holidays!!! :rolleyes:

Hi everyone! Sorry for not posting much this year. As some of you know, we had to make an emergency run back to Delaware just after the Escapees Escaped because my father was diagnosed with cancer (stage 3). It's been an emotional time with ups and downs but so far his treatment has gone fairly well. He still has a long rough road ahead but is in God's hands. We have been here nearly 3 months now but we should be heading south and then west around the 25th. We are looking at possibly spending part of the winter (Nov-Jan) in the RGV around the Weslaco, TX area. Since some of the class members met down there last year, are there any suggestions on nice snowbird parks in that area?

Any reunions planned this year? We look forward to seeing everyone again! Hope everyone is doing well!

Stay safe!

Bobby and Shelly Evans

www.evansrvadventures.com

Bobby and Shelly,

We are from the class of 07 and spent the winter in Alamo, TX. We stayed at Casa Del Valle

http://www.casarv.com/info_overview for about 6 weeks and then had to moved as they were full as of Jan 1. They had lots of activity and were very friendly. We are planning on returning to this park. Last year they had a special of $189.00 + elec for one month . This was good until 12/31/07. Their website now says to call the office for internet special. They have a bike club that rides to breakfast every Friday. A pot luck every Monday, and a soup supper every Thurs. There is a nice pool, shuffleboard, tennis and water aerobic.

Jan 1 we moved to Alamo Rose http://www.rvresorts.com/resort1.htm We liked this park also. Lots of activities, Monday afternoon Jam sessions, bus trips. The bike club was not as active. But there was lots of activites. Check for first time visitors to the area. Sometimes it works.

Marianne

Fulltiming class of 2007
2001 Buick Park Ave

Hi Bobby and Shelly,

Yes there will be 06' get togethers in the RGV this winter. There will be more than a few of us. They will be discussed here, to work out dates that are good for everyone, so stay tuned to this channel.

Last winter I was told in no uncertain terms that Snowbirds go to Florida and Arizona, and those of us that winter in TX are WINTER TEXANS ! Don't take offense if you are called that, it's really a compliment.

See ya'll at one of the get togethers if not before,

Vern

Vern & Sue

'02 40' Holiday Rambler Imperial
'05 Ford Ranger XLT-4x4- toad

Hi Bobby and Shelly,

We are sorry to hear about your father but know that, with proper treatment and the thoughts of family and friends, he will soon recover.

We will arrive at the Llano Grande RV Resort in Mercedes on November 25 for a four month stay before heading east. As Vern and Sue have mentioned, we try to get together with all the classmates in the area as often as possible and had several enjoyable gatherings last winter. The park that we are visiting is a bit on the pricey side, but has all the amenities that one can imagine and a golf course. We stayed at the Encore Sunshine Resort in Harlingen last year, but the place was just too noisy being located along side a major highway and a 24/7 railroad track.

We are currently in Moab, UT, and will move along to Colorado Springs next week to take in the annual Emma Crawford Coffin Races and Hearse Parade on the 25th. We always try to find exotic and different events, and this one certainly is that and more.

We will keep your father in our thoughts. Safe travels...

Gordon and Juanita

Archived