Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

Happy New Year everyone. We are now in Rockport - finally getting some warmth! We've been cold for almost 2 months! We'll be here for two weeks and then we're headed for Mercedes because Gordon promised to save us a sliver of fish! Filled up with diesel today for $2.15/gallon!

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judy and any other kite fliers,

Looks like Wednesday and Thursday are good days for kite flying. Is one day better than the other for you? We can go either day. The temps on South Padre will be in the 70s and sunny. Will John and Diana join us too?

Vern & Sue

'02 40' Holiday Rambler Imperial
'05 Ford Ranger XLT-4x4- toad

Happy New Year everyone. We are now in Rockport - finally getting some warmth! We've been cold for almost 2 months! We'll be here for two weeks and then we're headed for Mercedes because Gordon promised to save us a sliver of fish! Filled up with diesel today for $2.15/gallon!

Barb

Hey Barb,

We will let you know later this week, but we may very well be up in the Austin area from the 11th to the 15th or 16th doing something interesting. Several variables should make the timing more clear during the week and we will keep you advised. We will let the cat out of the bag if and when everything comes together. :)

Gordon

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

We would love to fly kites and work the same days as Judy. Although we could fly early AM on Thursday since we work 1PM - 8PM.

Our daughter Aja will be in town for a few days and could join us too :unsure:

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

Judy and J & D, Looks like Thursday has the best weather, all the other days are going to be kind of cool. Vern says he can meet at noon for breakfast!! :unsure: Seriously, we can probably make it by 9am, if we leave here around 730. We have a new vehicle, a dark green Ford Ranger pick up, see you on the Island!!

Sue

Vern & Sue

'02 40' Holiday Rambler Imperial
'05 Ford Ranger XLT-4x4- toad

Well, it's been a long time since we have posted on this forum. We're alive and well, just very busy. Add to that the fact that we could not login due to getting new computers and we forgot our login and password.

Anyway, glad to see all of you are enjoying life on wheels. We're still getting used to being permanent. This is the time of year when we would be saying goodbye to friends and family for the next several months, so it's a little strange.

Jeff and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary by renewing our vows in Las Vegas with Elvis presiding. It was a total blast! Check out www.vivalasvegas.com and click on internet archives, then on December weddings. You'll see the whole thing under J.Ashlock. It was a live internet broadcast for all who couldn't attend. You can also view the pictures under the "Order Photos" tab. Our ceremony was December 8th.

We intend to keep traveling and doing wonderful things; we'll just have a permanent home.

Sue,

Judy, John, Aja and I are definitely in for Thursday morning. We will either be in my silver Aurora or Judy's new white Focus. Should we plan to meet at the spot past the convention center where we flew last year?

Diana

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

Well, it's been a long time since we have posted on this forum. We're alive and well, just very busy. Add to that the fact that we could not login due to getting new computers and we forgot our login and password.

Anyway, glad to see all of you are enjoying life on wheels. We're still getting used to being permanent. This is the time of year when we would be saying goodbye to friends and family for the next several months, so it's a little strange.

Jeff and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary by renewing our vows in Las Vegas with Elvis presiding. It was a total blast! Check out www.vivalasvegas.com and click on internet archives, then on December weddings. You'll see the whole thing under J.Ashlock. It was a live internet broadcast for all who couldn't attend. You can also view the pictures under the "Order Photos" tab. Our ceremony was December 8th.

We intend to keep traveling and doing wonderful things; we'll just have a permanent home.

Hey Two Hams,

Great pics!! We thought that was just fantastic.

We sure enjoyed seeing you two before our run down to the Valley, and it's great to see that you are still up and at 'em.....

Congratulations on the renewed vows!!!

Gordon and Juanita

Hello from the class of 08 - we have a group at the ltva la posa south and invite any class of 06 members to join us for sunset campfire and snacks tomorrow at 5ish bring chairs, byob -know this is short notice - we have campfires most evenings - so just stop by - look for our sign on the main road just after the pavement ends - turn right.

look forward to meeting any class of 06 members that are here in Q

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

readytoride -- Thanks for the invite.

I'm not in 'Q' this year but suspect some of our classmates are down there. Sounds like you are in the same place (or very close to it) that we held our graduation two years ago! That was the start to a wonderful life full of interesting things, beautiful sights and wonderful classmates. I'm sure it will be the same for the Class of '08.

Enjoy.

Steve Ball

USN Ret.

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

We're in Mercedes this week and Mission next week. Got to see Gordon and Juanita's new rig - is it every nice!

Warmer here than in Rockport - but more wind. We're going geocaching with G&J today and I finally get my bite of fish!

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We're having a great time hosting Barb and Dave in our new home on wheels and look forward to grilling some nice Alaskan salmon for them this evening. There is a charge for dinner, however. They first have to pass muster with all of our Llano Grande Resort friends at cocktail hour this evening. :lol:

Otherwise, we are getting settled into our new digs and are trying to find a place for everything that we transferred over from our Sunnybrook fifth wheel on Monday and Tuesday up in Kyle, TX. It is fortunate that we still have two months here to finish the job before our late March departure.

We still hope to see more of our friends who are now in the RGV. Everyone is invited to check out the larger enclosure.

After a late March stopover in Livingston for jury duty, we plan to head very slowly north following the emerging spring to Wisconsin and Minnesota. We will arrive in Island Park, ID, for a month visit beginning May 20 and will be in Port Orford, OR, for three months beginning June 25. After that, who knows.

We sure hope to find some of you along the way this spring and summer...we'll try to save a little fish if I can keep it from Barb's clutches. :P

Safe travels everyone!

Gordon and Juanita

Now residing in our 2008 Carriage Carri-Lite 36SBQ fifth wheel trailer

Boy is it ever windy today! I left Laguna Atascosa NWR on Thursday and headed out of the RGV. I'm casually making my way north to Balcones Canyonlands NWR and will arrive there on Feb. 3. I'll be meeting my sister and brother in law in Austin tomorrow at McKinney Falls State Park. I'm taking advantage of finally[b][/b] receiving my Texas State Parks pass after an eight month wait! :( My sister is driving from Chicago, so I'm sure she'll really appreciate temps in the sixties.

Anyone in the Austin area?

Carpe Diem......Judy Bell

http://travels-with-emma.blogspot.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hello from the sunny and warm (NOT) state of Florida. I am a native and this has been the coldest in some time. We enjoyed the Tampa RV Supershow and then the Chapter 15 Rally near Ft. Lauderdale. We are at Sumter Oaks SKP park but have to return to the real world (Home) for the next 3 months before we can hit the road again. BUMMER! If anyone is coming through north Florida, give us a shout.

Nancy

Joe and Nancy

Too many roads, too little time.

SKP #81932

Hey everyone,

The RGV is beautiful right now, with an occasional windy day thrown in to keep us honest.

We have had several '06ers (Barb & Dave and John & Diana) stop by to tour our new home on wheels and have finally gotten most everything in place for getting down the road late next month. Juanita will leave me in charge soon for a one week trip to the San Francisco area to visit the grandkids and, hopefully, I won't get in too much trouble when she's gone. :blink:

We're still at Llano Grande in Mercedes, so drop on in to say hi if you are in the area.

Safe travels all,

Gordon and Juanita

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone... We are still in Thosand Palms, Ca. Our commitment to the nature preserve will end the last Thursday in March. We will be heading for Congress, Arizona for at least a week. They are having a get together of the woodcarvers BOF there. We are going to head back to Texas after that for the birth of twins to our son and daughter-in-law. Anyone going to be in the Congress area the first week in April?

We're now in Casa Grande, AZ. We were almost blown back to the RGV the past few days - - I'm hoping we get some calm days for awhile. I don't do well in 60+ wind gusts! There was snow still on the ground in Benson, AZ yesterday!

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Hello Barb and Dave and all of the class of 06

Glad you didnt get blown away...It's been a grate season in Palm Springs this year: Little wind and great temp. We have been here since the first if Dec. and will stay until the first of april. We went to "Q" for a week but didnt see anyone from 06 but we were at a Vogue rally and stayed with the groupe most of the time. We did go to La Posa South to our old meeting place for the class of 06 to see if we still remembered where it was. No problem finding it, still looks the same. The fire pit (pile of rocks) is still there, But Barb, I found your mortgage and you must begin to make payments or the banks will foreclose. We have been well and having a good time. I have been reading the post and keeping up, but forgot my password and couldn't post, but I'm not mutch for typing so no update from us.

We went by and met Dwayne and Louise at 29 Palms, cant remember when, they were tucked in between some large palm trees and had a really nice place to spend the winter. We got caught up with things here and have not got back with them, (what bad people we are) but hope to return for a visit. I've been wothing on a shed we have on our lot and that is about IT.

Hope all is well with the class and keep trucking.

John and Maureen

John and Maureen,

Great to hear from you guys - you must have been reading my mind as I was wondering if you were still 'on the road'. Where are you going the first of April - heading east? We will be leaving Arizona heading west about that time.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Barb..Yes, we will headed east on I10 going back to LA after the first of april. We have been in Pal;m Springs and decided to stay through March since the weather has been so good. If you are in Benson AZ or around this area give us a shout and maybe we can meet for lunch/dinner or what ever. We are still on the road and plan to do a lot of traveling this year since diesel is so low.

Hope to see you'all soon

John and Maureen

• 2 weeks later...

We've moved from Casa Grande to Gold Canyon - just east of Apache Junction at the foot of the Superstition Mountains for the next week or so. Paid under $2.00/gallon for diesel today, sun is shining, we're warm, just a gentle breeze - hard life but someone has to do it.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We are done with our workcamp job in Thousand Plams, CA the end of March. Heading for Congress, AZ for a couple of weeks then off to Texas for the birth of twin granddaughters. Hope everyone is doing fine out there. Been wondering where everybody has got to. Seems as if not many are posting to this forum anymore.

Archived