Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

Duane & Louise,

Congrats on the future grandkids. We are still enjoying the BLM lands of Quartzsite, AZ. It is a quiet little town when the crowds of the Dec-Feb shows are gone. We did spend a week in Tucson and I (Dick) transferred my primary care to the Tucson VA. We will be going back again the mid of April when BLM closes for the season. While in Tucson we stayed at the Pima County Fairgrounds RV Park. $100 a week for full hook ups. It does close for the Fair in April and there are lots of things in Tucson to see. Gordon and Juanita, how is that new rolling home doing?? Is it bigger than your last one? Hope the rest of the class is doing well.

Paula and Dick Fenner

Mistofffelees and Shadow our traveling kitties

Fulltime RVers Graduating Class of '06

2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40PLQ (The Dragon) BlueOx System

Tow: 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara (The Dragon Tail)

Internet Connection: Verizon MiFi2200

Blog Starting 2011 http://www.dragonthreads.blogspot.com

Blog Starting 2009:http://www.dragontales.me/

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John and I are in Austin, Tx doing a couple of months of volunteer work at Balcones NWR. We finally have decent internet and phone service yahoooo! For the last couple of months in the Harlingen, Tx area we had terrible aircard and phone service. In order to hold a 5 minute phone conversation we had to drive 10 miles toward town. It was painful LOL and forget about viewing or posting on this forum. tooo slow

We will be here till May 8th and then who knows till Sept when we head to New Mexico for the fall. Where is everyone spending the summer?

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

Duane & Louise,

Congrats on the future grandkids. We are still enjoying the BLM lands of Quartzsite, AZ. It is a quiet little town when the crowds of the Dec-Feb shows are gone. We did spend a week in Tucson and I (Dick) transferred my primary care to the Tucson VA. We will be going back again the mid of April when BLM closes for the season. While in Tucson we stayed at the Pima County Fairgrounds RV Park. $100 a week for full hook ups. It does close for the Fair in April and there are lots of things in Tucson to see. Gordon and Juanita, how is that new rolling home doing?? Is it bigger than your last one? Hope the rest of the class is doing well.

Hey Dick and Paula,

The new home on wheels is doing great and we are eager to get back on the road on the 21st. We will probably head east to the Vicksburg, MS, area before turning north to Wisconsin in late April and the West Yellowstone, MT, area on about May 20. We will summer in Port Orford, OR, beginning on June 25, so if anyone is in the area, be sure to stop by and say hello. We might have some fresh Pacific Ocean fish to toss on the grill too!!

Our new rig is 5 ft longer than our old wheeled home and has four slides instead of the two we started with...lots more room for sure. Juanita just loves her new kitchen and I am the king of the entertainment area. Our problem list is very short and we will take care of those few issues on March 23 up near Austin before heading on down the road.

We heard from Charlie on the phone today. Mike and Charlie are still hanging out in the SF area and sound like they are enjoying life in their RV despite Mike's work schedule.

We have seen several '06'ers during the winter and hope to see some of you along the west coast during the summer.

Safe travels everyone!!!

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

We are still at Nature's Resort in Elsa, TX. We have an annual lease, bought a shed and poured concrete on the lot. But, plan on moving soon, Vern is getting that "Hitch Itch"! Heading north and then west to Arizona, I have cousins in Tucson, and Vern hasn't seen the saguaro cacti. Later in the summer, headed back to Michigan for my 40th high school reunion. We'll also get to see the grandkids!!! Then back to the Rio Grande Valley for next winter.

Save travels to all!!

Vern & Sue

'02 40' Holiday Rambler Imperial
'05 Ford Ranger XLT-4x4- toad

All you 2006er's need to keep posting as we follow all your travels vicariously. We miss the road more than we can say, but we're enjoying life on the shelf too.

Jeff just had carpal tunnel surgery, but unfortunately, had some complications which are causing him a great deal of nerve pain. He's taking medication for it, but has decided that he'll never have the left hand done since the right has been such a problem. We're hoping it gets better with time, but it's a good thing we're not on the road since he's only got one working hand right now and it's not his dominant one.

We are seeing a lot of theatre in the area, and will be in Las Vegas on March 22 for a fun trip.

Dragonthreads - would you believe we started playing WOW. Jeff's having to work the mouse with his left hand, but we're having a good time with it. One of the perks of being on the shelf is a fast DSL line.

Keep those postings coming!

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

We will be leaving north west FL in the morning after spending 5 months here. Heading west to AL, then northwest to MS to pick up I 20 heading west across TX. Then across NM and AZ before heading north through NV into ID.

Dave and Diane

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

Howdy Classmates!

We are starting to pack for travel after 4 months in the Rio Grande Valley. Our new fifth wheel trailer home will get a good workout for the next couple of months. After a couple of days in Kyle, TX, taking care of a few very minor warranty issues, we plan to head over to Vicksburg, MS, before turning north for a visit to friends in northern Illinois and Hayward, Wisconsin.

ScubaDave,

Keep an eye on our journal postings...we may cross paths somewhere along I-20 and would enjoy seeing you again.

Safe travels everyone!!

Gordon and Juanita

Hi all,

It's WAY too cold up north for us to leave the nice warm RGV yet.

We just signed up for the rally in Albaquerque (sp) NM in mid april, then monkey around till escapade in MO. After that probably the Grand Canyon and the other Nat. parks in that part of the country.

Our only other obligation is in late august to be back in MI for Sue's 40th HS class reunion.

Happy travels everyone,

Vern

Vern & Sue

'02 40' Holiday Rambler Imperial
'05 Ford Ranger XLT-4x4- toad

Vern and Sue, If you're going to Escapade...I'll see you there. My time here at Balcones Canyonlands NWR will end at the first of May and I'll slowly make my way to Sedalia.

We had more rain this week than has been seen in 17 months in this area of Texas. The sun should return on Monday. I'm looking forward to that!

Carpe Diem......Judy Bell

http://travels-with-emma.blogspot.com

Currently at the Plantation in Summerdale, AL. Frapper wont let me update my location today.

Meeting fellow 06ers the Connel's on the 18th in Malakoff, TX.

Gordon: will keep following your blog. We will be in Malakoff the 18th and 19th then Tye on the 20th, Pecos on the 21st and ElPaso the 22nd. Need to move somewhat fast in order to get the grandkid fix.

Dave

cat called Anne May

Currently at the Plantation in Summerdale, AL. Frapper wont let me update my location today.

Meeting fellow 06ers the Connel's on the 18th in Malakoff, TX.

Gordon: will keep following your blog. We will be in Malakoff the 18th and 19th then Tye on the 20th, Pecos on the 21st and ElPaso the 22nd. Need to move somewhat fast in order to get the grandkid fix.

Dave

Dave,

You'll blow past us when we're in San Marcos, TX. We have an appointment in the Carriage shop in Kyle on the 23rd and won't be heading east until the 24th or 25th. We'll find you again sometime I'm sure.

Safe travels,

Gordon and Juanita

We will be leaving north west FL in the morning after spending 5 months here.

Dave and Diane

So after spending 5 months....what are your thoughts, would you do it next winter as well?

Diana

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

We're in the Verde Valley in Arizona and scored our 1000th geocache find this morning! Will leave here next week heading towards California and then up the coast. Will probably stop in Williams and take the train to the Grand Canyon - enjoyed Jeff & Suzaane's description so thought we would see for ourselves.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We're in the Verde Valley in Arizona and scored our 1000th geocache find this morning! Will leave here next week heading towards California and then up the coast. Will probably stop in Williams and take the train to the Grand Canyon - enjoyed Jeff & Suzaane's description so thought we would see for ourselves.

Barb

Be sure to check out the Grand Canyon Railway web site. When we went, they were running a special where you got two nights free at the RV park with the purchase of train tickets.. This was only online. The RV park is really nice, but pricey, so free is a really good deal.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

Hey Barb & Dave,

Congrats on your 1000th find. We're just over 10, but determined. We're presently in Kino Bay, Mexico and there are Geocaches here, but our GPS isn't Mexico equipted. I guess we'll just have to lay on the beach some more instead, DANG

Think we're here until April 23, then start heading north. Safe Travels, DAVE&TONI :)

Hey Barb & Dave,

Congrats on your 1000th find. We're just over 10, but determined. We're presently in Kino Bay, Mexico and there are Geocaches here, but our GPS isn't Mexico equipted. I guess we'll just have to lay on the beach some more instead, DANG

Think we're here until April 23, then start heading north. Safe Travels, DAVE&TONI :rolleyes:

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

Dave & Barb -- Congratulations! That's quite the accomplishment! Are you keeping a diary or journal of the interesting finds you have? That would be very interesting reading.

Hams -- Are you guys acting on that train or just sightseeing? Last time I was at the Grand Canyou the train had not started running yet. Gonna have to go back and "enjoy the ride".

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

Howdy everyone,

After getting some warranty work done at a Carriage service shop in Kyle, TX, we drove over to Trinity, TX, on the north shore of Lake Livingston. We will spend three nights here before heading into Louisiana. We have no specific destinations in mind and could end up most anywhere.

We will visit Livingston tomorrow to pick up our mail and see how Rainbow's End looks after three years since our last visit. We are still considering a visit to Vicksburg, MS, and a drive up the Natchez Trace before we head on up to northern Illinois and Wisconsin by the 1st of May.

Barb and Dave,

Congrats on #1000! Do you have any hobbies?? :)

Safe travels all!

Gordon and Juanita

First time posting here. But we started in '06 so it must be the right place. Besides, the mention of the Verde Valley caught my eye. We are headed to Camp Verde and had hoped to get there tomorrow. But then we got hit by what looks to be a blizzard in Springerville. There must be 4-5" of snow here at Bear Paw RV park. We didn't get here any too soon either! So maybe we'll get to Camp Verde tomorrow and maybe we won't. I guess we left RGV a little too soon. I looked at the weather in Mission and it was 94o and sunny. Bummer! But it was a great drive today along NM 152 & US 180.

Randy

Randy and Kat Sines with the Furchild Jade

2008 Fleetwood Southwind 35A

2011 Ford Escape

visit our Blog at http://2inabox.blogspot.com/

First time posting here. But we started in '06 so it must be the right place. Besides, the mention of the Verde Valley caught my eye. We are headed to Camp Verde and had hoped to get there tomorrow. But then we got hit by what looks to be a blizzard in Springerville. There must be 4-5" of snow here at Bear Paw RV park. We didn't get here any too soon either! So maybe we'll get to Camp Verde tomorrow and maybe we won't. I guess we left RGV a little too soon. I looked at the weather in Mission and it was 94o and sunny. Bummer! But it was a great drive today along NM 152 & US 180.

Randy

Welcome Twoinabox from Twohamsinacan. Hope you have a great time on this forum. There are really great people here.

Too bad we're leaving Camp Verde in the morning. Maybe we will meet up with you latter. Some people around here were suppose to head to Minnesota in the morning - they're rethinking that!

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Currently in a WHR park (Colorado River Oasis) in Erhenberg, AZ. Here until the 29th then its north through Nevada. Meet up with Duane and Louise for lunch today in Q. They were headed to Congress and us west.

Dave and Diane

cat called Anne May

Hey classmates, we're still kickin! Shelly and I are doing great and heading toward San Antonio, TX (currently in Sonora, TX). We ended up enjoying AZ (again) this winter. Was great seeing classmates Dave and Diane (Scubadave) last Tuesday in Deming, NM ! We enjoyed wine tastings, dinner and great company! Hope everyone is enjoying life and to see more of you on the road.

P.S. any chance of a "class reunion" in the fall?

Peace and grace,

-------

Bobby and Shelly Evans

Class of 2006

2000 American Dream

www.evansrvadventures.com

SKP: 94865

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Full-timing Class of 2006!
Originally from Delaware
2000 American Dream 40' DS
03 Saturn LW200

To all fellow members of the Class of '06. I received a communication from Kellie of Escapees and thought this would interest every one.

It looks like we have a family, who began full timing in 2006 and has just discovered us. As you can see by the emails below we welcome Anne and her family.

WELCOME ANNE AND FAMILY

From me to Anne,

Welcome To you and your family, Anne,

My name is Dick Fenner and the Escapees "Class of 2006" is a very loose group, to say the least. There are no initiations, dues or elections. Just great fellowship. Back in '06 a couple who use the profile name of "Two Hands in a Can" got the ball rolling. Due to events you can learn about in our Escapees Forum thread, you you can learn why they have recently left the full-time RVing world. We cross each others paths in our travels and often meet over coffee, dinner or what ever, when the opportunity arises. Please do not get the impression we are the leaders or in charge. My impression is we are just one group of happy full timing RVers. It would be nice for you to add to our thread and introduce yourselves to us. To know more about us, please check our blog at http://goodsamclub.mytripjournal.com/DragonTales. We hope you are enjoying the lifestyle and hopefully some day we will cross paths. Take care and happy travels.

Dick and Paula Fenner

Dragonthreads

From Kellie to us:

Hey Dick and Paula,

Would you two mind helping this member, Anne Koepp and her family? They are fulltimers, and would like to join the Class of 2006. Susie Orr

gave me your names as the contacts. :-)

For quick reference, I have attached her email to this email so that you can see what she emailed to me. As you can see, she emailed me back in March but did not respond until last week to my question. Hopefully, she will email you soon or you can email her.

Thank you!

Hugs,

Kellie

From | "Kellie Rossow"

To | "Anne Koepp"

I have you in my pending file because I wanted to know what year you graduated; however, please accept my apology though, for not sending another email. I will send the information to the person in charge of the Class of 2006, Dick and Paula Fenner at GRFENNER1945@LYCOS.COM.

Hugs,

Kellie

To: Kellie Rossow

Subject: RE: Interested in becoming a member! 2006!

I never did get any more info from you. I would appreciate more info and details. Thanks ;o)

Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 9:19 AM

To: 'Anne Koepp'

Subject: RE: Interested in becoming a member!

Another question, Anne, what year did you graduate to full-time?

Hugs,

Kellie

To: Kellie Rossow

Subject: Interested in becoming a member!

Hello,

I found you in the escapees magazine. Me and hubby are young with our first child, full time RV’ers and are escapee members. We are interested in becoming a member of Full-time graduating class. Can you please provide more info and details on how to get more info. I appreciate your time and help.

Cheers & Blessings,

Anne Koepp

Paula and Dick Fenner

Mistofffelees and Shadow our traveling kitties

Fulltime RVers Graduating Class of '06

2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40PLQ (The Dragon) BlueOx System

Tow: 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara (The Dragon Tail)

Internet Connection: Verizon MiFi2200

Blog Starting 2011 http://www.dragonthreads.blogspot.com

Blog Starting 2009:http://www.dragontales.me/

Howdy everyone,

We have completed a wonderful visit to Vicksburg, MS, and will be moving up the Natchez Trace tomorrow to Tupelo, MS. After a one-night stay we plan a longer visit to Nashville before beginning a several week long exploration of Western Kentucky with special activities in Bowling Green, Lexington, Louisville and Paducah.

We will then begin our slow, and hopefully snow free, drive through Illinois and into Wisconsin to visit good friends in the north part of that state. We will move west fairly rapidly to start a one month stay at Red Rock RV Park in Island Park, ID on May 20 followed by three months in Port Orford, OR beginning June 25.

Hopefully, we will see some of you somewhere along the way.

Anne and Family,

Welcome to the group!! You will find some fine people on this thread and you can be sure we all love the full timing lifestyle. We look forward to meeting you sometime down the road.

Safe travels all.....

Gordon and Juanita

Archived