Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

Cookie,

Sorry, can't help ya.

I'm in the U.P and heading west but will be on the northern route.

I left way too much money in Las Vegas last year to go anywhere near there again this year!!!

Hugs back at ya...

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gustuv and Livingston.. Looks like he is heading right for Livingston. I'm not going down there as planned! Remember after Katrina, Rita followed.

Thanks Steve, to bad but I don't know if your Tabbys would like sharing their home with Corky!

Hugs All

Cookie & Comer

Queen Punky Brewster

2015 Entegra Cornerstone

2015 Grand Cherokee

Facebook. CookieRv

Life Rocks When Your Home Rolls

Question..Anyone know what I-70 is like west of Denver? All the years I drove OTR, I always avoided it.

Cookie & Comer

Queen Punky Brewster

2015 Entegra Cornerstone

2015 Grand Cherokee

Facebook. CookieRv

Since very seasoned travlers are on this thread ( Steve), Has anyone traveled north from Flagstaff to St George Utah on hwy 89? How is it? Otherwise I have to go thru Vegas. Also need a place to store one rig in Albuquerque for a week.

Cookie & Comer

Queen Punky Brewster

2015 Entegra Cornerstone

2015 Grand Cherokee

Facebook. CookieRv

Cookie,

The one time I drove I-70 it was snowing up over the high pass and the salt trucks were out. It was not pleasent but I believe the road is actually ok in better weather.

Have not been over to St. George but folks have told me it is an ok drive.

Yes, I too am worried about Livingston! Looks like things here might flood out before this is over. My cousins in New Orleans left yesterday for higher ground.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Charlie 60,

You were asking about the Chapter One Thanksgiving Ralley at the Los Banos Fairgrounds.

This year it will be Nov 25 - Dec 1.

If you decide to go please email our Wagonmaster, Melva Dugan, at gmdugan20@comcas.net to let her know.

The leftovers the day after Thanksgiving are great but the best is the Turkey Soup! It is really outstanding and last year there was enough at hich-up time that several of us left with a tupperware full of soup for the road!

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

OK back onto the web again. Just spent 72 days without TV and a long drive to get to someplace with internet. You do not have to go to Alaska to find areas where there are no TV signals and too much vegetation to allow a satellite signal.

Currently in Boise, ID for a grand kid fix. Leaving the 19th and heading south and east through UT, CO and KS. Spending about 10 days in the Hutchinson, KS area then on to Florida for the winter.

Diane and Dave

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

Hey Duane & Louise. . .how did you like that 10% grade in to (and out of) Palo Duro Canyon? Well guys, we are closer to the end of our RVing era icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_razz.gif . . .got a buyer coming next Friday with check in hand to give "The Can" new owners. Not bad after listing her for less than two weeks. Sure will free up some $$$ to not have storage, insurance and bank payments. . .now we can give it up to AMTRAK icon_smile.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Hello from Gail and Keith.

Jeff and Suzanne, we are glad that your lives are simplifying again icon_wink.gif That was one of the nicest things about going on the road in the first place, for us at least.

Dave and Diane; we will spend the winter in Florida as well. Do you have a specific place in mind? We have three spots laid out--depending on hurricane landings icon_eek.gif

Currently we are still working at our NOMADS project in OH and can't figure out if we should go north as planned into New England for the fall color or just start on south to help fix storm damage....

Gail n Keith

and Cocoa Puff the fuzzball

1999 Dutch Star with Cruze toad.

Hams- good to hear about the sale of the "Can", cash in hand is GOOD!

I think we have buyers for Sue's Mom's house,but have to wait till the contract runs out the end of Sept.with the realtor. We can use some cash now to fix a few things on the MH.

Looks like there will be fewer 06ers in the RGV this winter. icon_frown.gif

Looking forward to seeing the rest of ya'll tho.

Vern

Vern & Sue

'02 40' Holiday Rambler Imperial
'05 Ford Ranger XLT-4x4- toad

We are volunteering at the Panhandle Pioneer Settlement Museum in Blountstown, FL from Oct 15 till about March 15. www.ppsmuseum.org Hurricane season should be almost over by then. Fey went through just east of there and other than a little (OK Lots) of rain that was it.

Blountstown is about halfway between Pensacola and Tallahassee. About 50 miles north of Panama City. Intersection SR 20 and 71.

Settlement open to the public Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat from 10-2. They may or may not need more workamping volunteers. Call Effie at 850-674-2777 if interested.

Diane and Dave

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

Hello Two Hams,

Congrats on the moving on to another lifestyle. Glad to hear all going in the right direction for you. I to have had some problems with the Diabetes and feet, but fortunately Im still ornery enough to get around. VA is doing OK. But this is the second time I ran into a delay for surgery on a hammer toe that is persistantly looking to be corrected. Long range plan is to get back to Q for the winter and then see the VA in Phoenix to see if I can get that taken care of. Hate those open wounds. You guys take care and hopefully we will eventually be near your digs and be able to stop and share a bottle of wine/mead.

Dick and Paula

Paula and Dick Fenner

Mistofffelees and Shadow our traveling kitties

Fulltime RVers Graduating Class of '06

2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40PLQ (The Dragon) BlueOx System

Tow: 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara (The Dragon Tail)

Internet Connection: Verizon MiFi2200

Blog Starting 2011 http://www.dragonthreads.blogspot.com

Blog Starting 2009:http://www.dragontales.me/

We're now in Flint, Michigan visiting with old friends before heading south next week. Figure we should be in Texas by mid-October, probably landing in Livingston for a while before moving north to Tyler for Drs., etc., then over to Arlington for Christmas. We are going to the Coastal Bend area (Rockport) in January for a while and then dip down to the RGV before heading for Arizona for spring training and then the west coast and intermountain areas for next summer.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Boys and Girls! Well, as of Friday a week ago, we got out of the RVing business for good! :( We sold "The Can" to a nice couple from Mississippi, who will probably be "sometimers". It sure was a wrench to see her moving off behind someone else's truck. But, overall, Suzanne & I have adapted nicely to the "shelf". . .that's what we will be known as from now on. . .TwoHamsOnAShelf"! :) We have all of our furniture in place; and, Tuesday, we will take delivery of a 46" Sony LCD HD TV!!! :P:lol: The Dallas VA has set me up with all the care I had come to expect from the VA in North Chicago. . .next time you see me, I'll have on orthopedic shoes :rolleyes: . . .maybe not the height of fashion; but, they will allow me to do the Murder Mystery at The Gaylord Texan this Christmas!!! Well, we miss seeing all of you at the various places on the road; but, be sure to stay either at The Vineyards in Grapevine; Tree Tops in Arlington; or, Texan RV Ranch in Mansfield when you pass this way. . .all are in close proximity to us. See ya. . .Jeff, Suzanne & Madison :P:DB)

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Jeff & Suzanne,

We will be seeing you at Christmas - no doubt about it! And we will also miss having the opportunity to meet up again on the road, but life goes on and it appears that things are looking up for you guys. See you in December.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Guest Gordon and Juanita

Two Hams,

By crossing the US border at Sumas, WA, tomorrow morning, we will close out our travels to the far north and start a slow drive towards Texas.

Keep an eye out for us sometime in early November. We'll let you know as we close in on you...and we will be close by at Vineyards.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Gordon and Juanita

Hello everyone.....We are now Thousand Palms, CA at the Coachella Valley Nature Preserve where we will be workcamping for the winter. If any of you get out this way on I 10, give us a shout, we would glad to meet up some where. We are one of two campers here working in the visitors center and will be leading some hikes later.

Hi yall, we are back in the US of A!

We spent the last week in Shelby, MT fixing the rattled loose things in our rig. In the morning we will start a 5 day southerly flight to Conroe/Livingston for October. Our families all live in Houston and we are going to lend support to their cleanup efforts for the next month and help my mom celebrate her 75th birthday.

We will be in Willis, Tx at the Stowaway marina campground and plan to bring the boat up from Houston, so if you come down I-45 during October give us a shout. We do have some fish to share :)

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

Howdy everyone,

Well, I finally got all of the Alaskan and Canadian mud and bugs washed off of our little home and we will be on our way out of Bellingham tomorrow for parts as yet unknown. We do want to meet up with friends Dave and Toni and will probably do that in Randle, WA, on Wednesday. From there we plan to spend a little more time in the Northwest before moving down to eastern Utah and southwestern Colorado for a while.

Moving briefly through DFW, we will reach Mercedes in the Rio Grande Valley on November 25 and hold up for a few months before moving to the east.

If you see us coming your way, give us a shout and we'll try to get together.

Safe travels y'all

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

Good morning all,

I finally pulled out of Dinosaur yesterday and am currently spending a week in Moab. Melvis...I just missed you and will be doing the Canyonlands by Night dinner and cruise on Thursday. It will be nice not having to work for the next five weeks before arriving at Laguna Atascosa NWR in the RGV.

Carpe Diem......Judy Bell

http://travels-with-emma.blogspot.com

Howdy All,

As the cool air waffles through the northern lattitudes and the leaves turn color I see that most everyone is on the move towards some winter refuge.

I, too, will do that shortly. Still in the Black Hills (so much to see and do here!) and will move over to Devils Tower on the first. After hiking around the Tower I'll head to north-central California. Will spend the winter at our family's property between Marysville and Grass Valley. If anyone passes nearby (there is low cost water/electric hook-ups at the Yuba City Moose) give a yell and we can meet up.

Hams, wish I had know your new handle, "Two Hams on the Shelf", sooner. I could have picked you up two tee shirts from the Spam Museum and then you could have been "Two Cans of Spam on the Shelf"!

To our Alaskan Adventures, thanks for the wonderful pictures.

Judy, enjoy your BIG vacation and travel safe.

Melvis, will you be up in Yuba City this winter???

Hugs all around,

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Archived