Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What Barb & Dave failed to mention is that it is also HUMID!

This whole East Coast is suffering. Here in Upstate New York it was 87 today but the humidity was 69%. I'm sure it was higher than that in Gettysburg!

Cooling on Wednesday!

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

Dave and Barb...Sorry we missed you in Gettysburg. We just left there today. We've been so anxious to see new territory that we keep moving northward.

I agree....the heat is ferocious. I'm a Florida cracker and I couldn't believe you could go this far north and be this miserable. Maine is looking better every day.

We are in Hersey until Thursday. The farms in the countryside here are so beautiful.

Joe and Nancy

Too many roads, too little time.

SKP #81932

Duane and Louise - we will be moving to Hickory Creek on Lake Lewisville (the same place that Steve was supposed to camp host until his knee bit the dust) on this Friday and will be there for two weeks. Maybe we can get together during that time?

Sorry to hear about the heat back east, you guys. We've been hot here, but luckily we have a shady spot here at Treetops, and when we move to Hickory Creek COE, we also have a shady spot which certainly helps as long as you're inside. However, as soon as you walk outside, it hits big time.

If we were still on the road, we would be in Mississippi right now, and we know it's hot there. I guess you have to go where Gordon and Juanita are to cool off.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

If we were still on the road, we would be in Mississippi right now, and we know it's hot there. I guess you have to go where Gordon and Juanita are to cool off.

You would enjoy it, there are no crowds. That means room to fish the Kenai for reds, but it will hurt the local economy. The paper stated many business owners are seeing bookings are off 40% this year.

http://www.peninsulaclarion.com/stories/06...288015000.shtml

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

Hey Steve. . .we just got to Hickory Creek CoE Park today. We have a nice, mostly shady spot (sunny from 11:00 am to 1:00pm) within sight of Lake Lewisville; and, a big "front yard" for Madison. We thought we had died and gone to the Promised Land. . .there's a Super Wally Mart close by, plus a whole bunch of our favorite eateries. The heat is still oppressive; but, OK since we have a light at the end of the tunnel. One of the several park hosts is two sites away from us. . .we thought of you doing that. There are four or five loops in all; with, two park hosts per loop. We'll be here until June 27th; when, we put the Airstream in storage; and, Amtrak to Chicago. I sure will enjoy looking out the window and seeing the sights; instead of watching out for amateur drivers attempting murder/suicide!!!!

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

Thanks for painting me a nice picture of Hickory Creek.

If you get the chance, pass the word on to nb Emily (the volunteer Coordinator) that I said "sorry" and that I'd still like to Host there sometime, but I just can't do it right now. My next VA appointment is July 15th for another injection in my knee!

Man, I do love a good train ride. The views are marvelous, expecially from the Club Car!!

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Yeah Judy, but it's still HEAT!!

Do you have a spot in the shade our out in the sun??

Shade with A/C would work for me; high temps PLUS blaring sun on the rig doesn't!

How long with you get there on this gig anyway?

I'll be heading back west come the fall and not sure of the route I'll take. Might come visit.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Well Guys. . .it's official! We signed the lease on a one bedroom/one bath apartment yesterday; with, about 2 1/2 times the sq. footage of our beloved Airstream; but, with an attached garage (the apt., not the Airstream)! The complex is called The Mansions By The Vineyard; and each of the 35 separate buildings has seven units of varying sizes; which, lends an ambiance of a more private environment; and, our patio looks out at trees; and, an open field beyond; rather than another apartment. And, yes, there is a small vineyard in front of the property! icon_biggrin.gif We are still waiting to hear from the VA concerning Jeff's increase in disability; but, expect to hear within a month or so. If you want our new snail mail address, we'll PM it to you. . .all other communication remains the same as before until February; when, we will use twohamsinacan@gmail.com as our main email address. It's been great. . .we don't regret a single day of our two year sojourn; except, maybe not being able to do geocaching with Barb, Dave, Gordon & Juanita; and, all the other geocaching converts. Oh well, can't have everything!!!! icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Jeff & Suzanne,

The road is just not going to be the same!

Meeting up with you guys here, there and most everywhere was one of the best parts about this nomadic lifestyle.

Do PM or email me your address & phone when you get the chance, please. I will visit ya.

Hugs,

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

We tried to eat all of the chocolate in Hershey, PA - couldn't be done! icon_eek.gif

We've moved up to Lockport, NY (outside of Niagara Falls) for the next week. Then down south of Buffalo until after the 4th, when we will head for Nova Scotia.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Barb & DAve,

Where in Lockport are you staying? I just left there last week and I'm in Java Center right now (until Monday) at Faun Lake.

Monday I go back to Bath, NY, until July 14 and then it's back to Lockport....Niagara Lazy Lakes (an RPI Park).

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Barb & Dave

If you are going to be home this afternoon or sometime tomorrow I'll drive up. Maybe we can find a geocache??

If it doesn't work with your schedule that's ok too.

Let me know.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Archived