Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

Howdy everyone,

We are moving west at a fast pace. We spent Thursday and Friday nights in Norman, OK, (left in 12 degree temperatures!), overnighted in Amarillo last night and are in Albuquerque tonight. We will spend the next two nights in Williams, AZ, so Juanita can cross the Grand Canyon off her bucket list before we get to CA for a couple of weeks.

We're having a blast on the road despite the cool weather!! icon_smile.gif

Safe travels everyone!

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John and I are in Houston, we have been working hard on getting medical stuff done, updates and repairs to the 5er and new brakes done all around. I am picking up work from my last employer, good thing too, brakes and axles are expensive and when they say they have to order parts, ouch! We had to delay our arrival at Anahuac NWR so John's doctor can do more work on locating the nerve in his back that causes the majority of his pain. We hope to move over to the refuge in a couple weeks and leave out for Alaska on May 2nd icon_smile.gif Today we hit the thrift stores shopping for fleece and and winter vests. Very cool to get winter clothes for 2-3 each, all they need is a nice wash.

I am wondering where is it warm right now????

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

icon_smile.gifHi guys....long time no talk...

We are still in Northern California...waiting for Mike to get called baxk to work icon_frown.gif

We are at the Ponderosa TT in Lotus, CA right next to Coloma, CA...(where gold was discovered in this neck of the woods)...it is georgeous here and the weather is way AWESOME...again we are parked right on the bank of the American River where we can watch the rafters and kyakers as they go by...this is one of the nicest places that we go... icon_biggrin.gif

If you are passin' through...give us a holler... icon_cool.gif

Gordon and Juanita...contact us when you are in the Bay Area...we will connect... icon_razz.gif

Remember: "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful "RIDE"!!!!

Charlie60

Hubby: Mike

Mini Doxie: Halle

Vintage 1990 Prevost/Marathon: "TAD"

Toad: "Vetta" the Jetta

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Blogspot: http://mikecharlie2007.blogspot.com/

Hay Gordon,

When you drive through Seligman (about 50 West of Williams) be sure to stop at the "Road Kill Cafe"....just to say you have been there!

John n Diana -- How aobut 70 degrees today here in Cajun Country.

Charlie60 -- You are right near one of our fellow escapee rv'ers, Cool Judy, who lives just up the hill at Cool, CA.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

John and Diana - gorgeous weather here in SoCal.

However Jeff will be leaving it for a few days flying to Chicago on Wed. to return on Sun. VA contacted him about a re-eval of his VA comp to include his foot problems, so the physical is Thursday in Great Lakes since that is where the majority of his VA medical is done now. But, we checked the weather and for Chicago, it's not going to be too bad.

He'll also get to visit with our son and his fiancee, so I'm really envious that I'm staying here with the dog - but maybe I'll become a star while he's gone - HA!

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

John N Diana,

We will be crossing the WA/BC border on the way to Alaska about May 15. Let us know how your travel develops and we will find you on the Kenai.

Steve,

We will check out the "Road Kill Cafe" when we leave Williams on Wednesday. Thanks for the tip. icon_smile.gif

Charlie60,

We have reservations for the Alameda Cty Fairgrounds for eight nights beginning on Mar 15. We hope to see you sometime during that week. We'll give you a call when we get in place. Hope Mike gets back to work soon.

Hams,

Get cracking on that acting career...TV is pretty bad without you gracing the screen. icon_confused.gif

Safe travels everyone!!

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

Hi Everyone,

Just an update to let you know the weather's getting better here in Mexico. Today's a balmy 86 with a 5 to 8 mph wind off the water..... Happy Hour starts here every night at 4PM, so if ya hurry............. DAVE, TONI, JACK, & Louise icon_cool.gificon_wink.gif

Sue, Can you repost the web address for the frappr map. ((hugs))

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

Hello Steve, I can’t delete what I can’t see. However, you should be able to delete yourself by going to the map page and clicking on “My Frapper†on the top of the page, then go to the bottom of that page under “Maps I’m on†and place your cursor over the map that you want to delete yourself from and click on “Leave this map†when the new window pops up. Hopefully that works for you. Let me know. Later Gator…………………………

My blah...blah...blah...blog

Thanks Mike! We'll see what happens when I move to Dinosaur National Monument in May or June.

I'm thinking about adopting a little dog that somebody dumped on the refuge here. She's a real sweety and may spend the night with me to see how things go. I'm thinking it's better than having conversations with the TV. icon_rolleyes.gif

Carpe Diem......Judy Bell

http://travels-with-emma.blogspot.com

We're in Ocala now and spent Monday with Joe and Nancy Liston. Had a wonderful time. We're going to driveway park at their place this weekend.

Also, we snagged the 500th geocache find yesterday!

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

After some introduction of Geocashing from Gordon and Juanita in the RGV, yesterday we did the El Paso Museum of Archeology and the US Border Patrol Museum. The BP Museum was a "virtual" geocach by answering a set of questions and then Emailing the answers to the originator. We had four others. Two we found and two we did not. It's fun and we are considering it as a hobby in the future. Thanks Gordon and Juanita.

Paula and Dick Fenner

Mistofffelees and Shadow our traveling kitties

Fulltime RVers Graduating Class of '06

2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40PLQ (The Dragon) BlueOx System

Tow: 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara (The Dragon Tail)

Internet Connection: Verizon MiFi2200

Blog Starting 2011 http://www.dragonthreads.blogspot.com

Blog Starting 2009:http://www.dragontales.me/

Hello all from sunny Southern California! icon_cool.gificon_cool.gif Barb & Dave, congrats on "The 500th"!!! Wow, what dedication. . .if it weren't for my foot issues, you would have probably counted us in the geocache hunt! Oh well! In other news, after three weeks enjoying the Hollywood experience as tourists, we are finally getting a job as background actors. Suzanne & I will shoot an episode of NBC's "Medium" on Monday. Although the writer's strike has been over for a month or so, the TV/movie work is slow in restarting. There will be a lot of reality shows to watch in the fall; since most reality show writers weren't union. We plan to stay here through April; then work our way eastward via Texas, ending up in the Chicago area sometime in July.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Hams,

Just before I left Livingston the paper published a listing of filmings being done in Texas.

There were a few major movies, a bunch of independent movies and a bunch of tv shows. They covered all parts of Texas but mostly in the San Antoin-Dallas carridor.

You might have gotten more work if you had stayed!!

Steve

p.s. just finnished touring the USS Alabama; now that's one big battleship! Awesome!

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

Archived