Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Homies, just wanted to let you know that I spent Wednesday Afternoon with Bobby and Shelly. I was able to track them down from the map. See y’all, it pays to keep that thing updated. Unless of course, you don’t wanna be found. They were parked within a few feet of my running/walking route. They are both doing great and will be here in Mesa for awhile so if you are in the hood give ‘em a shout. They’re a great couple and would love to c-ya. I’m sure glad I got to see them again. They plan on being in Gillette too so I'll get to see them again there. Later Gators.............mike

My blah...blah...blah...blog

Great News, Melvis! We will see you in Gillette (if the creek don't rise... and if not before) and also Bob and Shelley. Any other Class members planning to be there?

Gail and Keith are still in the west end of the RGV and we are planning a bike trip next week. We will drive to the Los Ebanos ferry and bike to the little village two miles away. We will start fairly early in the day since this genuine Mexican village takes a siesta at noon!

Anyone care to join us?

Hola, Amigos

Gail n Keith

and Cocoa Puff the fuzzball

1999 Dutch Star with Cruze toad.

Hey Gail and Keith, Glad to hear you'll be in Gillette too. I'm looking forward to it. I'm doin' a couple of the pre-HOPS (coal mine and Yellowstone tours) also in case you're interested.

Maybe we can do a group bike riding/geocaching adventure in/around Gillette. Bobby is a big time bike rider now. Super thin and tanned. Shelly is lookin’ good too. You guys wanna buy a good bike rake? Oh, that’s right, you still owe me for the last one (just kidding). Anyhoo, nice hearin’ from you, take care for now................mike

Hi Guys,

Just an update. We've(Toni & I and Jack & Louise Nelson) have moved from San Carlos, Mexico to Kino Bay, Mexico(About 150 miles South of the border) to a small Rv Park ON THE OCEAN. Full-hook-up...WIFI...$300month and if you pay when you get here, they give you a week free.......Both of us are parked no more than 75' from the water and its 79*..... Come on down, the water's fine.....DAVE&TONI icon_cool.gif

P.S. Actually, the water is the only fly in the ointment. The water pressure in this park most of the time is a trickle and of course here in Mexico, we DON'T drink from the taps....Bottled comes in 5 gallon jugs for 10pesos(about a dollar) icon_cool.gif

Hey Dave and Toni, nice to hear from you guys. Sounds like you are having a great time in Ol’ Mexico, except for the water issue. That shouldn’t effect Dave much since he only showers once a month anyway. Are you guys ever comin’ back? Hi to Jack and Louise, and keep an eye on Mia. She could end up in a taco. Peace out…….mike

Hey Mike,

We're going down by the Western Horizon's Park in the next few days, I'll let you know how bad the road is to get there. We've heard people have lost cabinets from the ceiling. We're here until 3/30 or if the weather gets to hot, we'll move north.

Mia's doing great, heck, she's the only one of us that speaks the language......she barks in her native tongue!!!!!DAVE&TONI icon_cool.gif

We have lost one our class members - Cathy Hayden died on February 23rd. I just received an email from her husband this evening, I'm sure others of you also received the email. They were able to renew their wedding vows the week before - what a wonderful way to celebrate their life together.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We never had the chance to meet Chris and Cathy, and although saddened at her untimely passing, isn't it wonderful that they had the time they did pursuing this wonderful lifestyle.

I think doing what we do gives us the opportunity to appreciate each other much more. None of us knows when we will have to go that RV park in the sky, and everyday is a gift.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Hey Everybody! We're now in Van Nuys, CA hoping to jump back into the TV/Film business. We'll be here at least a month with an option for two if the work is good. We'll let you know if we get into any good shows. Suzanne's goal is to appear on one of the CSI's (preferably Las Vegas) and to do a movie. But don't worry we'll still remain the same sweet, quiet, unassuming people that we've always been. NOT!!!

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

Howdy classmates,

We have finally pulled up stakes from our three months in the RGV and will be moving along at a fairly rapid pace for a while.

We are spending one night here in San Marcos, TX, three nights in Grapevine, TX, one night in Norman, OK, one night in Amarillo, TX, one night in Albuquerque, NM, three nights in Williams, AZ, one night in Needles, CA, and two nights in Bakersfield, CA, before stopping for a week or so in the SF area to visit the grandchildren.

We plan on spending the month of April in Port Orford, Oregon, before heading on up to Alaska for the summer.

Let us know if we can find any of you along the way. icon_smile.gif

Hams,

We look forward to watching those Hollywood careers take off this time! icon_biggrin.gif

Safe travels everyone,

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

Good Morning All,

Looks like we may be in Texas another while. Toad had a tire blowout near Ft Stockton. As DW described to the Insurance Company, we are in Nowhere, Tx. Check our blog for pics of the damage. Got new tires, no body shop there, so towed the car to El Paso where our Insurance Company found a good Body Shop. So as I have had 7 years in El Paso, Tx we are doing the tourism thing. Military here has been banned from going to Juarez, Mexico so trying to decide if we want to take the Trolley Tour or not. Gordon, Hope you have a good trip and you can keep the white stuff.

Paula and Dick Fenner

Mistofffelees and Shadow our traveling kitties

Fulltime RVers Graduating Class of '06

2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40PLQ (The Dragon) BlueOx System

Tow: 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara (The Dragon Tail)

Internet Connection: Verizon MiFi2200

Blog Starting 2011 http://www.dragonthreads.blogspot.com

Blog Starting 2009:http://www.dragontales.me/

I just returned from the frigid north (around Chicago)after visiting my first granddaughter for a week. She is a real cutey. I returned just in time for the rain and cold front moving through Texas. icon_frown.gif I was hoping I left the cold up north.

If you're in the area, join us for Marsh Madness this Saturday at McFaddin NWR.

Carpe Diem......Judy Bell

http://travels-with-emma.blogspot.com

Hay all,

I just took a Camp Host position at Lake Lewisville during the hot summer (Jul 10-Sep 30). Not yet sure which campground I'll be at (I'll let you know) but do stop by if you're in the area.

It's just a little bit north of Grapevine where the Hams do their winter gig!

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

Steve, Steve, Steve. . .why do you think we don't return to North Central Texas during the summer!! icon_eek.gif Maybe it's the long stretches of over 100 degrees weather. . .you think? icon_confused.gif However, we do hope you have a good gig at Lake Lewisville. We won't return to that part of Texas until at least late October. icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Hey Steve, Congrats on the job (I think). Our 2009 AVA Convention Headquarters (The Renaissance Dallas-Richardson Hotel in Richardson) is just a few miles from there. Some of us AVA/RVers may end up staying at your park. It would be neat if you were hosting there then. Maybe if you survive this summer you could come back in June of '09. We just started the AVA BOF group a few months ago. The last time I heard we only had like 3 members. Hopefully it grows and a bunch of us support the Convention and your park. Anyhoo, side note, I just left Yuba for warmer San Diego County. Take care for now..........mike

Mike -- Another BOF, man you are keeping yourself busy, arn't you?

Well, I might be there. WE were discussing the 2009 summer season but then the Volunteer Coordinator also offered this summer, so I took it. If I can stand the heat then I'll go back in 2009. (I doubt that will happen!!! Me and heat don't get along too well.)

It's a USACOE park so it's all volunteer, which is what I wanted to do all along.

Judy Bell -- Sorry, didn't get a chance to stop by. My volunteer gig is crunching my time.

I'm in Cajun Country right now and will be at the Naval Base at New Orleans on the 11th to visit my cousin. After 5 days there I'll move on to Mississippi.

Ya'll enjoy, y'hear. (Pretty good for a Texan in training, huh?)

Steve

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

Archived