Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

Hi Everyone,

Just an update, we've made as far as Las Cruces,NM and staying at the Leasburg Dam State Park waiting for PARTS icon_confused.gif to repair our stabilizing jacks. Not a bad place, but after 4 or 5 days we're ready to move. The good news is HWH is paying the bill even though we're out of Warranty !!!!!!DAVE&TONI icon_cool.gif

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, Dave & Toni. . .having "The Company" pay the repair bill is great news indeed. Sure wish we could have talked Airstream into footing the bill for our axle last November!!

In other news, we should be on "Medium" on NBC tomorrow night 9pmE/P; 8pmC. We are sitting at a table next to Jake Weber and Kelley Preston in a restaurant scene; unless, they edit us out. Later we are deep background. . .don't know if we can be recognized.

Correction on my "Boston Legal". . .it airs May 29th, not the 30th. More show biz news on our blog. icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Hi Everyone and you too MELVIS,

Great News, Bogarts RV Repair just called and parts are in. We have an appointment for 10 tomorrow and should be in El Paso by 3:30. You know I'm just setting myself up for a big letdown, but hey, you gotta have dreams....DAVE&TONI icon_cool.gif

Hi Jeff and Sue, , I ran across this little movie clip and thought of you guys. Maybe you’ve already seen it but you can check it out here. They are planning another trip in a couple of years so you better get signed up now………mike

My blah...blah...blah...blog

Very cool, Melvis. . .thanks!! icon_biggrin.gif However, after some research, we've found out that most Airstream owners will drown within fifty miles of driving from Florida to Egypt. icon_eek.gif

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

Hello Jeff and Susan,

I DVRd the Medium episode and could actually pick you guys out! Looked good. So will be looking at Boston Legal, in hopes of see you guys again. Take Care

Paula and Dick Fenner

Mistofffelees and Shadow our traveling kitties

Fulltime RVers Graduating Class of '06

2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40PLQ (The Dragon) BlueOx System

Tow: 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara (The Dragon Tail)

Internet Connection: Verizon MiFi2200

Blog Starting 2011 http://www.dragonthreads.blogspot.com

Blog Starting 2009:http://www.dragontales.me/

Talked to a friend from Sedro-Woolley, WA yesterday. They had 5 inches of new snow. Sedro-Woolley is about 45 miles south of the BC border on the west side of the Cascades. If this type of weather continues then you guys going to Alaska will meet up with that white stuff.

Of course I was traveling north on US 285 about 10 miles south of Vaughn, NM last Thursday and almost had blizzard conditions. No place to stop so slowed down and parked it in Vaughn, about 10 miles later. After getting parked took this picture. [/img] Pic here And the weatherman said there was only a 20% chance of showers that day and it was suppose to be only farther north. As they say the weatherman does not know what he is doing!

Currently in Tijeras, NM. About 10 miles east of Albuquerque.

Dave

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

icon_smile.gifGordon and Juanita...John N Diana...we are looking so forward to watching your tours into Alaska...But with the weather it will be a little different than we all planned this year, I'm sure that it is gonna be challenging at first...but trudge on...this strange weather must stop soon!!! icon_cool.gif

Kaley called me on Friday and it was snowing and hailing in Astoria too...I think it has snowed about 4 times this year in that area and it almost never snows there..lots of COLD, WIND, ICE and of course RAIN...but rarely snow...Gordon, Did you get any pictures of "snow on the beach"?

It is very cool here in Lotus,CA...we are at the Ponderos TT Pasrk near Coloma...very pretty but also unseasonally cool...but you know me...I love the cool weather...but it's even a little cool for my tastes...Sunday before last it was in the Low 90's this Sunday/yesterday was in the very low 60's and today it just barely got to 60...suppose to have a little rain tomorrow evening and Wed. AM...But it will climb to the low 80's by the weekend... icon_cool.gif

We will be here at the Ponderosa until the 1st of May then we will go to Cloverdale, CA near the Russin River...where Mike will work for a time...It is beautiful over there and we're looking forwrd to being there and thankful for the work...

Remember: "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful "RIDE"!!!!

Charlie60

Hubby: Mike

Mini Doxie: Halle

Vintage 1990 Prevost/Marathon: "TAD"

Toad: "Vetta" the Jetta

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Blogspot: http://mikecharlie2007.blogspot.com/

Steve, you are so funny! How are things in Virgina, what do they have you doing?

Dave, what are you planning for the summer?

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

Things are wet here, very, very WET! Thunderstorms & bands of heavy downpours for three days in a row.

I am not getting to see the Civil War Battlefields like I wanted to do!

I'm visiting my three grandsons and having a great time with that, although 11 year old Christian did beat us all at Bowling and on their kid size pool table!!

Just waiting until May 1 when the campgrounds in Bath, NY open up then I'll park up there for 6 weeks or so visiting my best friend (from high school).

My summer is going to be spent near Dallas. I'll be Camp Host at the COE Hickory Creek Campground Jul-Oct.

This is a test to see if I am strong enough to survive a Summer in my new homestate of Texas!!

I know already I'd rather be in Alaska!!!

Have a fun trip.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

Well, it's not wet nor snowy here in sunny, Southern California! icon_cool.gif But, all good things must change; so, we will leave here a week from tomorrow; and head east. Sure hope the weather takes pity on us.

We watched the end of last night’s “Boston Legalâ€; and, found out that the show is moving to Wednesdays, beginning April 30th. But, the next episode preview didn't seem to be the episode I was on. At the shoot, one of the assistant directors did say our episode might air a week later; so, look for mine possibly to be on the first Wednesday in May. The title is "The Gods Must be Crazy" so look for that whenever they show it. However, I will be on “CSI NY†on Wednesday the 30th. Later. . . icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Well we finally got out of Florida - Dave's eye swelling has returned to normal, so he got the green light and we have headed northward. We saw Joe & Nancy before we left - and their new motorhome. It sure is nice. Can't wait to meet up with them again in New England or the Maritimes so we can make them cache for cache. Otherwise they'll be so far ahead we'll never catch them.

We'll be in South Carolina for the next couple of weeks and then to North Carolina for 2-3 weeks. Just meandering along! icon_biggrin.gif

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Dry, Hot and Humid in Anahuac, Texas....86 F and 75% humidity! ugggggh

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

That is some good news! I'll bet the "hitch-ich" was getting pretty strong, huh?

If you happen to "meander" near Bath, NY, I'll be parked there for about 6 weeks starting May first.

They do have a Camping World there.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Hello Steve,

We stayed in the Bath area last spring. Found Keuka State Campground. They have a dual Dump Station and all sites were very spacious had electric. Some of the Spaces had water near by. I think it ran around 13 nightand $91 a week. Between each site were great privy bushes. http://nysparks.state.ny.us/parks/info.asp?parkID=37 Have fun.

Paula and Dick Fenner

Mistofffelees and Shadow our traveling kitties

Fulltime RVers Graduating Class of '06

2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40PLQ (The Dragon) BlueOx System

Tow: 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara (The Dragon Tail)

Internet Connection: Verizon MiFi2200

Blog Starting 2011 http://www.dragonthreads.blogspot.com

Blog Starting 2009:http://www.dragontales.me/

Paula & Dick,

Thanks for the info. I did consider that park, although I didn't know anything about it except what's in the book.

I elected instead to take a month ($500) at Campers Haven with full hook-ups. It's only 2 1/2 miles SW of town and near where my friend lives.

I'll be sure to tour the wineris up there by the Finger Lakes.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

We are planning to be here in Tijeras, NM for another week. Then, if the weather cooperates, we are heading towards the four corners area and Moab, UT for a week. Then it is slowly off to Boise for a grandkid fix from about the middle of May until the 24th of June. Then possibly taking oldest grandson to Western WA. for a couple of weeks. Parents will pick him up and we will stay in the Skagit County area until late Aug. Labor Day should find us back for another grandkid fix then off. Should be in central KS about Oct 1. Then ?

Dave

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

Archived