Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, I have heard of a new honky tonk type place in Weslaco called the Horseman...I will found out more and see when the entertainment is...I think they have it in the early afternoon. That might be a way to ease the pain of not having good weather for the birding tour?

Dennise

The (retired) FedExman & the Dizzy Blonde

Paul and Dennise Ziaja

Living our Fulltime Dream

2002 Damon Ultrasport

2007 Saturn Vue toad

Traveling with our yorkiepoos Mack and Lucy,

Hi everyone!

Haven't posted here for a while, so thought we'd leave a note to let you know what we're up to. We've been in Mesa, AZ since Dec 20, and will be here through the first part of May, as Shelly has a 13 week nursing assignment that starts on Feb 4. We've been in "Q" the last couple days to have our satellite dome replaced (under warranty), but plan to go back to Mesa tomorrow. We're doing well, and enjoying our time in Arizona away from really cold temps and snow. Hope everyone is enjoying this new lifestyle as much as we are. If anyone is in our area over the next several months, please look us up, as it's always great to visit with friends.

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Full-timing Class of 2006!
Originally from Delaware
2000 American Dream 40' DS
03 Saturn LW200

Robert and Shelly,

Are you guys back at Mesa Spirit? I know you liked it last year.

We've arrived in Abita Springs, LA for 4 days - would have been longer but it took us forever to get out of Texas. But we are now on our way to Florida.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Scuba Dave,

Oh Ye of faint heart, did you ever miss out on a great birding tour at the Lagoona Atatosca NWR.

No rain, not a drop, but there was some fog which.......only kept the birds down low instead of flying.

Judy Bell gave an excellent narrative and boy does she know her birds! We saw a lot, including a rare White Cardinal.

Best part of the tour, in my mind, was the mamuals. I saw Peckeries, I saw deer (including one large 10 point buck) and we had a Bobcat jump out into the road ahead of us.

The highlight of the tour however was that the wildlife service trapped a VERY RARE Oscelot.. We got the chance to see her in the cage before the Vet. got there with the tranquilizer.

My thanks to Judy & Diana for a great tour.

I'll be moving up to San Benito on the 25th and hhang around that part of the valley for a week. Will you guys still be in the area?

Robert & Shelly -- Glad your enjoying Arizona again this year. Sounds like you guys are all set up for the duration of the comfortable weather there, although it looks like a lot of rain for the next couple of days!

Travel Safe

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

Had a great visit with Robert and Shelley today. We are headed out in the morning for Katherine Landing NRA on the Colorado River.

Sounds like you had quite a tour Steve! Some really neat things to see.

Good journeys everyone.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Barb & Dave - Yes we're back in Mesa Spirit enjoying our time here with all the friends we made last year.

Jeff & Suzanne - We too enjoyed our visit with you. Have a good time out at Katherine Landing. Hope it's warmer there than Mesa is today (it's currently 57 degrees, cloudy, and drizzling at times).

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Full-timing Class of 2006!
Originally from Delaware
2000 American Dream 40' DS
03 Saturn LW200

The weather is no better here, 51 and drizzle in the Rio Grande Valley this afternoon.

Thanks for the nice words Steve, PM me your email, I will foward some photos. John and I really enjoyed the fall and learning birding from Judy, she speaks bird fluently. icon_smile.gif The refuge offers the Wed and Sat tours weekly into April. If you get time, for $10 it is a steal.

Stay warm and dry everyone!

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

Steve

we will be in the valley until the end of March, longer than most of the rest are staying around. Sounds like we missed a great time but that fog you mentioned was thick here and possible most of the way there, and that would have been a fun way to get started.

Diana mentioned the Horseman's Grill and Saloon. Are we going to get together there next week? Or perhaps someplace else?

Dave

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

Hi Guys,

Just a short note to let you know where we're at. We, along with Jack & Louise Nelson, drove to San Carlos, Mexico on Jan 21 and are at Totonaka RV Park across the street from the Sea of Cortez......No Problems on the way down except I now have some white paint on the passenger's mirror while navigating one of the inspection areas.....Weather here also SUCKS..50s at night and only in the mid 60s during the day....rain predicted thru Sunday.....But all in all not bad and the Margarita's are great.....DAVE icon_cool.gif

Hey Steve...glad you enjoyed the tour. Very few people get to see an Ocelot, so it was definitely memorable.

While on my way to Anahuac NWR next Thursday, I will be stopping in San Antonio for four nights along with Diana and John to see the Alamo and do the River Walk. Anyone else interested?? We will be staying at the San Antonio KOA. The rodeo and stock show will also be in town. Hope the weather is a bit drier and warmer by then.

Carpe Diem......Judy Bell

http://travels-with-emma.blogspot.com

Hello All,

We will be in the same campground as Gordon and Juanita on Tuesday this week. We are awaiting a windshield and leveler cylinder to come in within 3 weeks. After a few days at the Sunshine RV resort we will spend two weeks at the Corpus Cristi NAS for two weeks. Hope to meet up with some class mates at these times. Take care

Paula and Dick Fenner

Mistofffelees and Shadow our traveling kitties

Fulltime RVers Graduating Class of '06

2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40PLQ (The Dragon) BlueOx System

Tow: 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara (The Dragon Tail)

Internet Connection: Verizon MiFi2200

Blog Starting 2011 http://www.dragonthreads.blogspot.com

Blog Starting 2009:http://www.dragontales.me/

Well after 4 days of almost continuous rain (including a rained out parade) we left the New Orleans area and are now in Robertsdale, AL - just north of Summerdale. We will be here a week and then move on into Florida. At least the sun was shinning today - almost forgot what it looked like. icon_biggrin.gif

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Hi all.

We are glad to be back in the RGV. 50s and rain beat zero and snow any day. Tough trip, and thanks to all for your condolences.

Is anyone who is still here planning anything? Sounds like Judy's excursion was great and I was sorry to have missed it. Let me know....

Gail n Keith

and Cocoa Puff the fuzzball

1999 Dutch Star with Cruze toad.

Gail n Keith,

Welcome back! We're sorry about the circumstances of your trip to the north but know that you can now enjoy a little rest and down time.

We're still going to be around for a while, so let us know when you would like to meet...we can find another great eating house, ya ubetcha! icon_biggrin.gif

Take care...we'll see you soon.

Gordon and Juantia

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

Gail n Keith,

Glad ya'll made it back OK. I think John, Diana and Judy are leaving today or tomorrow, but I think the rest of us are still around.

Just a reminder that the Kite Festival on SPI is this weekend, Feb. 2nd & 3rd., it should be a blast!

We'll vote for another '06 git together sometime in Feb.

Vern & Sue

'02 40' Holiday Rambler Imperial
'05 Ford Ranger XLT-4x4- toad

I'm sitting real close to the Longhorn Cattle Company, if anyone is interested in visiting there again??????

Otherwise, I'm open to pretty much anything, anywhere but only for another couple days.

Saturday I am moving up to Corpus Christi area. I've done all the exploring of the RGV I need to for this year.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Well, if the weather would cooperate soon, we could do our beach outing on SPI. I had really looked forward to having a burger and a bear while sitting in a comfy chair on the beach. I am leaving to visit my mother in Ft Myers on Feb 5th and won't return until the 13th. We have guests arriving from IL on the 15th for a long weekend. Anytime after that is good for us. I am hoping to get to the island this weekend to see the kites too. I hear the fried shrimp at Dirty Al's calling me again.

hugs

dennise

Paul and Dennise Ziaja

2002 Damon Ultrasport

2007 Saturn Vue toad

Dennise,

How can you possibly eat any more deep fried food, Dirty Al's or otherwise???

My stomache is still complaining after my 5th fish & shrimp basket last week!

By the way, the ribs at Louie's are OUTSTANDING!

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

icon_biggrin.gif both Paul and I have had gastric bypass...so we don't absorb fat...lucky us...if we eat too much fatty stuff we do pay the price however, in the bathroom facilities. I won't go there here or folks may get queasey.

My father in law who will be 91 March 31 has decided that after seeing the movie The Bucket List, has decided to do a tandem sky diving event for his birthday. He will fly out of Port Isabel and land on a beach on South Padre. I don't have the exact date, but will surely let everyone know when this is to take place. He is really serious and has already set aside the $200 cost. I was thinking of having a beach party for the event. We can all sit in our beach chairs and watch my crazy FIL jump out of an airplane.

Hugs

Dennise

Paul and Dennise Ziaja

2002 Damon Ultrasport

2007 Saturn Vue toad

Paul & Dennise,

Oh that is wonderful! I'm sure he'll love the sky dive!

The beach party then sounds great but (sigh) I'm leaving Saturday to start working my way north. Went to SPI for a farwell basket of Ribs at Louie's Backyard tonight.

Have fun.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Archived