Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vern & Sue. . .so sorry to hear of your loss. Even when we see it coming, it's still a hard blow. Please accept our condolences.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Thanks everyone for the good wishes, we are in Greenville Michigan, Sue's hometown, and are getting set up at the local campground. Supposed to be in the 20s tonight. BRRRRRR!

Vern & Sue

'02 40' Holiday Rambler Imperial
'05 Ford Ranger XLT-4x4- toad

Two things that I wanted to do this sojourn in SoCal background acting - a movie and a CSI. So far, I haven't gotten a gig on either, but Jeff is filming a CSI NY today.

I'm the big CSI fan, but he gets the gig . . .mmmmmmm. Well, I guess I'll forgive him this once since CSI NY is my least favorite of the three, but if he gets a CSI Las Vegas, we may be talking divorce. Stay tuned.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

Well, Jeff had a twelve hour shoot with "CSI NY"; and, it nearly finished off his feet. The shoot involved a lot of standing; and, an enormous amount of walking. His feet were definitely not "Happy Feet". He woke up shortly after going to bed with severe cramps in his thighs; and, he was sweating and disoriented. Suzanne checked his blood pressure; which read 60 over 40. So off to the VA hospital he went at midnight to see what was wrong. Initial fears were that Jeff had suffered a heart attack; but, after staying the night in the ER, it was determined the cause was dehydration from being in the sun; on his feet too much; and, he had not taken in enough fluids, mainly because there are very long stretches during a shoot with no bathroom breaks; and, "The Urge To Go" gets worse with age. Oh well, lesson learned. From now on, any background work Jeff does will have to include him in his wheel chair. . .maybe a lot of "Gray's Anatomy" or "House"?

Well Jeff,

We hope you heal soon. I love watching CSI and CSI: New York. Know what you are going through. Two weeks ago, Paula and I went to Juarez, Mexico. She had never been. Like a dummy we walk a few miles in the safer touristy part of town. Spent 4 hours there and never hear a gunshot! Drug Cartel Wars! Anyway, the next day went "Geo-Caching" for the first time. End result, my diabetic feet had a blister. By the time I got to the VA in Albuquerque, NM, the foot was infected. Will probably take 6 to 8 weeks to heal, but, is the life of a diabetic. I guess I'm a hard head.

Paula and Dick Fenner

Mistofffelees and Shadow our traveling kitties

Fulltime RVers Graduating Class of '06

2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40PLQ (The Dragon) BlueOx System

Tow: 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara (The Dragon Tail)

Internet Connection: Verizon MiFi2200

Blog Starting 2011 http://www.dragonthreads.blogspot.com

Blog Starting 2009:http://www.dragontales.me/

Ok, you guys are scaring me!

My Type II is slowly & steadly growing worse.

Between Gout & Heel Spurs and Hip problems I'm already messed up enough without anything else!

I love to hike in the woods but that has already been greatly reduced. I'd hate to think that some day I might not be able to do it at all...no more stumbling on skinks & rattle snakes & black bears, sigh.

Ok you guys, get better fast!

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

Thanks All for your concern and well wishes. Dick & Steve. . .take care yourselves. . .diabetes, Type I or II is a stealthy adversary. icon_redface.gif It has taken more than 35 years to catch up with me; but, catching up it is doing. Got to keep moving. . .I'm harder to hit that way!! icon_biggrin.gif

Just found out NBC's episode of "Medium" we are on should air on April 14th. It is titled "Partners In Crime"; and, we are in the scene with actress Kelley Preston and Jake Weber in a restaurant, sitting at a table, either next to them or behind them. Suzanne was facing the camera; but, all you will see of me is the back of my head. . .many say "my best side".

The episode of ABC's "Boston Legal" I am in is titled "The Gods Must Be Crazy"; and, should air April 30th. A director did say it could be switched to air a week later; but, this is the current info on line. I am in the scene where William Shatner's character is being presented (as a prank) as a presidential candidate to a group of rich Republicans. As a group of FBI agents crash the party, I am there as they enter. . .the camera did a closeup of those of us at the entrance.

Suzanne is on the Gray's Anatomy episode titled "Piece Of My Heart", airing on ABC May 1st. . .she's in the clinic scene; as well as later in the general background.

Finally, the "CSI NY", titled "Personal Foul" I shot last week is supposed to air on CBS on April 30th. Gary Sinise's character, "Mac Taylor" is giving a press conference; and, as he leaves, pushing through the crowd, I am right next to him as he passes.

Suzanne is really wanting to one-up me by doing a CSI Las Vegas. . .we are hoping that will come to pass. We have most of this month to do some more background acting; then, we probably won't be back. More later. . . icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Jeff,

You take is easy - - we want you around a looong time.

For all of us, we have to remember that we can't do as much as our brains think we can. My brain still tries to tell my I'm 25, but the joints just don't agree.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Thanks Barb & Dave. . .I'll think about as soon as I return from Spring Break!!! icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gif

I goofed on the air date for "Medium" in my last post. Our episode airs on Monday, April 14, not the 24th. Duh icon_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gif I think the others are correct as posted for anyone who cares. Use your Tivo/DVR if you got 'em; we may just zip by!!

I am sure this is not the place to post this, but I just had to tell your 2006ers what a wonderful ambassador you have in Two Hams in a Can. Jeff stopped by our motor home today while he was walking Madison and visited with my husband Roger and me. We enjoyed our visit very much and he told us about the Escapees along with some of the fun things he and his wife have been doing while here in the Burbank-Van Nuys area. Jeff was so friendly, I wanted to let you all know and to tell you we will be processing our membership tomorrow. Thanks for being a new friend, Jeff. NancyAnn

Wow, NancyAnn. . .we are speechless. . .and, for us, that's a rare thing. Thank you for that humbling (another rarity) vote of confidence. (The $20 check is in the mail icon_rolleyes.gif)

icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

NancyAnn,

Jeff & Suzanne just want their Lamplighter Pins. icon_smile.gif

Welcome to the group; we do try to be sociable & friendly. With Jeff & Suzanne it just comes naturally.

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Suzanne got a "Numb3rs" episode yesterday and actually got to act! Full story is on our blog, don't have air dates yet.

Suzanne,

You mean you can ACT too?? I thought all you did was stand there and look pretty.

Congrats on the gig.

I'll bet Jeff is stiff & sore from just thinking about spending all that time on your knees!!

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

Thanks for the thought, Steve; but, I did my knee time on "Boston Legal" during the FBI scene! icon_frown.gif It was shot over and over and over. . . icon_redface.gif.

Suzanne just got a call from the casting director for "Numb3ers" asking her by name to return for another shoot, playing a different role!!! icon_eek.gif That almost never happens to non-union background actors in this town!!! Very cool!!! She has had a total of seven calls from casting directors in the two years we have been doing this (one last year to interview to double for Shirley McLaine). "NO AUTOGRAPHS PLEASE!!!" icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

icon_biggrin.gifCongrats Suz...

I know you must be proud, Dave...

We Love "Numb3rs" Watch it all the time so we'll be lookin for ya!!!

Remember: "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful "RIDE"!!!!

Charlie60

Hubby: Mike

Mini Doxie: Halle

Vintage 1990 Prevost/Marathon: "TAD"

Toad: "Vetta" the Jetta

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Blogspot: http://mikecharlie2007.blogspot.com/

Congratz Sue and Jeff,

We DVR most of our programs and Boston Legal is one of our favorites. Keep up the good work.

Paula and Dick Fenner

Mistofffelees and Shadow our traveling kitties

Fulltime RVers Graduating Class of '06

2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40PLQ (The Dragon) BlueOx System

Tow: 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara (The Dragon Tail)

Internet Connection: Verizon MiFi2200

Blog Starting 2011 http://www.dragonthreads.blogspot.com

Blog Starting 2009:http://www.dragontales.me/

Archived