Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duane and Louise and everyone-- HI from Ohio. Where are you two going to land in OH? Keith and I are near Columbus visiting cute little grandkids and will be until 9/14 when we take off to work at Dollywood. It will be sad to leave them, but we are looking forward to the fun in Pigeon Forge TN.

If anyone is looking for overnight parking in central Ohio on the way to Escapade, I have a few suggestions, but there isn't much that is obvious around here.

I am catching up with our Trip Journal and finally got as far as Quartzsite. Ahh the bliss to remember!

Gail n Keith

and Cocoa Puff the fuzzball

1999 Dutch Star with Cruze toad.

Yesterday was my last day to be at Devils Tower, WY as a volunteer. I sure had a great time and enjoyed ever day there. We left our MH there and drove over here to Cody, WY to visit Yellowstone. Staying at the Holiday Inn here for 3 or 4 nights, then back to Devils Tower and we will head to Wolf Creek Fish Hatchery near Jamestown, KY for a couple of months.

Dave and Toni (and anyone else in the area) - we're at Paul Wolff campground - a Kane County Forest Preserve. It is just west of Elgin, IL. If you come in on the I90 tollway, take the Randall Road exit to the south and make a right on Big Timber road. Just past the railroad tracks, look for the small sign on the right and turn left into the campground. It's $15 nightly for non-residents. All sites have 50 amp. It's crowded right now, but we expect it will clear out more after the holiday weekend.

It doesn't look good for us to resume our camp hosting at Buffalo Park (about 10 miles to the north.) It's still under water. The Kane County people are really nice, and we're doing some sub camp hosting here at Paul Wolff. We'll actually be working in the office Mon-Thurs of this next week from 3-9 p.m.

We're the only Airstream in the park, so not hard to find, so y'all come on down!

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Hi HAMS,

We called your campground this afternoon and they said they're FULL until Mon.......

We ended up at Wally World East of Rockford.

We'll keep trying and one of these days we'll camp together again. Sorry we missed you !!!!

This side of the world has a ton more rain(water) than anywhere we've been all summer.

Jeff, How are you feeling ???? Better each day we hope.... see ya on down the road...DAVE & TONI icon_cool.gif

Dave and Toni,

It looks like your are really making tracks now that you have left MI. icon_cool.gif We will be in Billings, MT, Tuesday night, Medora, ND, Wednesday and Thursday nights, and Jamestown, ND, on Friday night before heading into MN.

It looks somewhat like we are on a semi-collision bearing and hope to see you somewhere along the way.

Safe travels,

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

Dave and Toni - sorry we missed you. Whatever # you called was wrong - there's a free spot right across from us and another just up the road. Those are the only two, but there are two!

Anybody else planning to stop by, check with us on availability of sites.

My right eye vision is about 50%-60% of what it was pre-surgery. The surgeon says 6 to 8 weeks to recover isn't unusual for a diabetic..."Here's lookin' at you, Kid!" I have an appt. with my podiatrist after Sept. 21st to see what happens about my feet. While I wait, I'm doing very limited walking/standing. I now have Texas handicapped license plates; so, Wally Mart is much more accessible.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

Hey Hams,

We're sorry too. We went on line and got both the Paul Wolff and Buffalo Park #s. Buffalo said it was closed due to flooding waters and Paul Wolff said it was FULL until Tues.

Hope the Doc is wrong!!!! Hope he'll be off by a month or so....

We're now in Governor Dodge State Park near Madison,WI heading for Ely,MN to meet up with Gordon & Juanita Pierce around 9/11.DAVE icon_cool.gif

We missed not seeing you guys, too. Actually, the park ranger is pretty good about updating the availability hotline; but, his office isn't in either park, so RV's come in and go out while he isn't here. We'll meet again another time. icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

icon_smile.gifWell guys...we are in the Bay Area Of Northern California...Mike has taken a position with a Company out of OK doing inspection work for a few months... icon_frown.gificon_biggrin.gificon_frown.gif

We are in Plesanton, CA, at the Alameda County Fair Grounds...It is OK and really quite good for a Fair Ground...This is the first time in months that I have had 50AMP service... icon_biggrin.gif

Plesanton is a really cute little place tucked away here on the outskirts of the big cities...the downtown area is quaint and Mike and I have enjoyed our first two nights down there...lots of evening activity and good little eateries...haven't found the mall yet...but we just got here night before last... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

We're here if any of you are still on the West Coast ans come through...give us a holler...we'd love to see ya... icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gificon_cool.gif

Remember: "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful "RIDE"!!!!

Charlie60

Hubby: Mike

Mini Doxie: Halle

Vintage 1990 Prevost/Marathon: "TAD"

Toad: "Vetta" the Jetta

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Blogspot: http://mikecharlie2007.blogspot.com/

Good to hear from you Charlie, I used to live in Pleasanton when a child - too many years ago to contemplate. I'm quite sure I wouldn't even recognize it.

Jeff and I are still at Paul Wolff in IL. Buffalo Park has been officially closed for the season, so when we're through with our camp host sub job next week (for the regular camp host who's attending the Escapade,) we're going to head up north to Illinois Beach State Park. It's much closer to the VA hospital for the rest of Jeff's appointments. It's also got a beautiful stretch along Lake Michigan.

We're looking forward to the move as we have decided that camp hosting is not for us. The duties are not hard, it's just that it's so scheduled! Too much like the W word! It's not as flexible or as fun as acting, so we think we'll stick to acting in the future to bring in any extra bucks. We also have major "hitch itch", as soon as Jeff's medical is finished - we're on the road again!

Suzanne - No, you would not recognize Pleasenton at all! Still, the "old town" part is at lot of fun with good food and good entertainment.

Charlie - I have an appointment at the Livermore VA hospital Monday and also having lunch that day with my old co-workers there in Livermore. If the VA doesn't keep me too long will try to stop by. What Spot are you in?

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

icon_biggrin.gifSTEVE...we would love to see you...maybe I could cook you dinner...I will PM you all my info...we are in space 213...you go through Gate #12...

Charlie60

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Jeff and Suzanne...Sorry I will miss visiting with you after Escapade. I am going to try heading up to Rock Cut State Park near Rockford next Friday. I have secured a month long hosting job at Rice Lake State Park in Minnesota while I have my yearly checkup at the Mayo Clinic. I enjoy hosting and have done it for a month each summer at Rice Lake for the last seven years. It's like going home for a bit. Maybe I'll catch you in Texas in January.

Carpe Diem......Judy Bell

http://travels-with-emma.blogspot.com

Hey Judy,

Thanks again for all the help with the Hobo Stew. It was great meeting you even for such a short time. Hope we see you again at the Escapades.

Helen

2010 Big Sky 340

2012 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie

Member of the Fulltime Graduating Class of '05

SKP # 87524

We are now in Troy, Ohio. Our trip to Alaska was a great. We will be in Troy parked in our daughter's yard till the end of September. We were able to get all the grandkids in one place for a week. We got to meet the 2 that were born when we were in Alaska. Hope everyone is doing great in their travels. If anyone is in the Dayton area let us know.

Duane and Louise

http://dandltravel.blogspot.com

Judy - Sorry we'll miss you this time. Rock Cut is a nice SP. We were there last year. Check out our blog in Aug. 2006 called "Rock On." Be sure to drive into Rockford and see the Rock Guardians pictured in the blog, and if you can, go see Jane the teenage T-Rex at the Rockford Museum.

Hi everyone,

We're at the cutest little city park in washburn, WI right on the Southern shore of Lake Superior.

The problem is this morning we woke to white stuff falling out of the SKY icon_frown.gificon_eek.gif

So far, there's not enough to cover anything, but it"s only Sept. 9th which happens to be our 2year anniv. on the road....

We're meeting Gordon & Jaunita in Ely,MN on Tuesday if we don't need snow tires to get there.......DAVE & TONI icon_cool.gif

icon_smile.gifDave and Tony...congrats on your second year... icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

Our firat Anniversary was in the 3Rd of September...

MAN...WHAT A RIDE...

Charlie60

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Dave and Tony, now you know why we left Minnesota icon_wink.gif. Don't worry about Ely. They sell Mucklucks there. icon_biggrin.gif

Say hi to Gordon and Jaunita for us.

Helen

2010 Big Sky 340

2012 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie

Member of the Fulltime Graduating Class of '05

SKP # 87524

Archived